General Fighting Game Thread 2 ships with a free* TE Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson_popcorn.gif

[quote name='TomJones4']Sounds like Hank.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if it said "I have a friend that is jobless and has the luxury of being broke as fuck because no motherfuckers are hiring and living off what he can scrape together with what few small jobs he gets and shit that he sells and playing Tekken 6 all day.", then it would be me. But alas, not all of us can find a job where we can sit on AIM all day, surf the internet, and barely do any work and make $17 an hour, otherwise we'd be living in some utopia.

And I'll sum up the last page or two. SFIV sucks.

[quote name='kainzero']oh come on

i would side with you but that is ridiculous

that's like saying i spent a whole day working out to get buff and then it sucks that i got fat the next 3 weeks and so i got work out an entire week or something.

people don't get better in single days
they get better in months

"real life" ain't an excuse, it's a choice[/QUOTE]yo and for reals, I was actually gonna use the same example as an analogy.

I work out, it's a choice I make, and every time I hit the gym I hate myself. I can be on a treadmill out of breath and my legs hurtin like a muhfukka, or trying to finish two last reps of a dip exercise gritting my teeth bearing the pain and pushing to get it done.

every time I do it Im like why? why am I doing this? yet I continue to do it, and despite that I'm not swole on the level of Jersey Shore but Im fit and healthy, likewise I'm not a Mike Ross or Ed Ma but I can still play a competent game.

the anomaly of SF4 is that it's integrated itself into real life so much that it pretty much gives you the right to bitch and complain about it, like the time Gakusei made this super long ass rant on how much IIDX sucks even tho dood still continued to play the game

life would have no meaning if we didnt struggle thru the shyt we do and take the time to vent about it, career and relationships are no different. As long as I continnue to play Ima continue to bitch coz at least at the end of the day there's an underlying reason why you do it. Yes it's a lifestyle choice but when has any lifestyle choice ever been easy??

[quote name='JEKKI']life would have no meaning if we didnt struggle thru the shyt we do and take the time to vent about it, career and relationships are no different. As long as I continnue to play Ima continue to bitch coz at least at the end of the day there's an underlying reason why you do it. Yes it's a lifestyle choice but when has any lifestyle choice ever been easy??[/QUOTE]

real talk

[quote name='JEKKI']I work out, it's a choice I make, and every time I hit the gym I hate myself. I can be on a treadmill out of breath and my legs hurtin like a muhfukka, or trying to finish two last reps of a dip exercise gritting my teeth bearing the pain and pushing to get it done.

every time I do it Im like why? why am I doing this? yet I continue to do it, and despite that I'm not swole on the level of Jersey Shore but Im fit and healthy, likewise I'm not a Mike Ross or Ed Ma but I can still play a competent game.[/QUOTE]

oh okay i get it now

still you shouldn't be cramming fighters
with online, you play 30m/1hr a day, you're good. at least with good players.

i played tetris every day for an hour for 2 months and i got pretty damn good.

JEKKI: Just be happy man... enjoy your time playing the game, the frustration from losing for me.. is motivation to learn more and play better. I have a VERY busy life. I work 2 jobs, but I also have leisure time and that time is usually spent playing some variation of SF or MW2.

nil: I can complain about the nuiances of my non-top tier main character too.. or I can keep playing, learning the matchups, and improving.. I'd rather just play. That's how I learn the game, just playing against others.

kainzero: I tend to do that sometimes, but is it wrong? :lol:

LostRoad: You hit the nail on the head.

Hank: MOAR DEW AND POPEYE'S BRO.

uraizen:
blog_antimeme.jpg

[quote name='PhrostByte']
Hank: MOAR DEW AND POPEYE'S BRO.
[/QUOTE]

fucking QTF, bro. :robot: :drool: :drool: :drool: :robot:

Step y'allz games up, FADC -> !quote 45 to bitches IRL, play to win.

@PhrostByte: Normally, I would suck it up and play but SFIV does not feel rewarding to me. I stopped playing it because the more I played it, the more fault I found with it. I switched over to King of Fighters XII instead. That game plays better. I have a few friends who play it online and got in some really good games with them and some other players. Unfortunately, not many people play KoFXII anymore.

I got a surround system but I don't have speaker wire, so I was only able to hook up the sub and the center channel for now.

It was kinda weird because every time someone did a Focus Attack, you could hear really deep bass but then the game sounded pretty wimpy.

The luxury is not being jobless and broke, it's being able to play SFIV all day. I'll continue to get paid and sacrifice my SFIV skills any day.

When I don't play for weeks on end it doesn't take me another week to get back to where I was in skill level. I also sit in training mode practicing sometimes though. And no one likes losing but it takes loses to finally be a winner. When I didn't play for a months though that's a different story. My hands felt like I was going in slow-mo, my reaction time was horrible until I retrained.

Everyone has to watch this video. http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/1/7/mago-sagat-vs-choco-blanka.html It's of one of the best Sagat's in Japan(Mago) vs The Best girl in Japan(Choco).

And KOFXII...that POS stays on my game shelf, I was so hyped to play it and it was the biggest disappointment.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']And KOFXII...that POS stays on my game shelf, I was so hyped to play it and it was the biggest disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Man, I was actually hyped to play KoFXII, then it actually came out and the online was a piece of shit. Even post patch it still sucked and I thought "Well, I guess I can at least play offline. Offline was barebones, just a time attack arcade mode, surival, etc. The actual fighting engine was good, but everything else about it... crap.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Maybe if it said "I have a friend that is jobless and has the luxury of being broke as fuck because no motherfuckers are hiring and living off what he can scrape together with what few small jobs he gets and shit that he sells and playing Tekken 6 all day.", then it would be me. But alas, not all of us can find a job where we can sit on AIM all day, surf the internet, and barely do any work and make $17 an hour, otherwise we'd be living in some utopia.

And I'll sum up the last page or two. SFIV sucks.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']kainzero: I tend to do that sometimes, but is it wrong? :lol:[/QUOTE]
do what?

play bursts instead of playing often?

i mean that's fine

i just think people learn more when they play more often as opposed to cramming

[quote name='greyzieoriental']The luxury is not being jobless and broke, it's being able to play SFIV all day. I'll continue to get paid and sacrifice my SFIV skills any day.

When I don't play for weeks on end it doesn't take me another week to get back to where I was in skill level. I also sit in training mode practicing sometimes though. And no one likes losing but it takes loses to finally be a winner. When I didn't play for a months though that's a different story. My hands felt like I was going in slow-mo, my reaction time was horrible until I retrained.

Everyone has to watch this video. http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/1/7/mago-sagat-vs-choco-blanka.html It's of one of the best Sagat's in Japan(Mago) vs The Best girl in Japan(Choco).

And KOFXII...that POS stays on my game shelf, I was so hyped to play it and it was the biggest disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Makes me proud to main Blanka and constantly utilize his tricky bullshit. :]

[quote name='kainzero']do what?
[/QUOTE]

Do this.

[quote name='kainzero']that incredibly deep analysis and the analogy of fighting games to life.

[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad you can do Rose's Soul Reflect and then be able to do a soul throw. (4:35)

I'm not really liking her new ultra though. Seems really useless, but I guess you could use it as an easy win if the other person's health is low or use it like a defense if things don't go your way. (6:18)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02u8-DD2Nk

[quote name='distgfx']Only reason I'm posting this ultra in particular is because I know there's a lot of people who like to play Seth in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug8-ReXuhz4

Seth Ultra II[/QUOTE]

My friends showed me that new Ultra for Seth before we all had our normal Friday SFIV practice. Already dubbed Seth's Money Shot.

Also my dream setup is hoping Capcom allows......j.mp (x2) xx Ultra II (or) j.mp (x2) xx Headstomp (x2) -Whiff d.hk xx Ultra II (Same as the Headstomp/Super Setup)

[quote name='asianxcore']Already dubbed Seth's Money Shot.[/QUOTE]

Clever, but doesn't hold a candle to Viper's Electric Jesus.

[quote name='distgfx']Clever, but doesn't hold a candle to Viper's Electric Jesus.[/QUOTE]

That shit was pretty hilarious.

Most of the 2nd Ultras are just that....funny. IMO, they just don't look very viable to me.

Characters like Gouken, Guile, Chun, Ryu and Ken all got solid 2nd Ultras, but almost everyone else's looks ridiculously gimmicky.

[quote name='asianxcore']That shit was pretty hilarious.

Most of the 2nd Ultras are just that....funny. IMO, they just don't look very viable to me.

Characters like Gouken, Guile, Chun, Ryu and Ken all got solid 2nd Ultras, but almost everyone else's looks ridiculously gimmicky.[/QUOTE]

My only complaints about the ultras in general are how some of them are executed like Fei's and Cammy's. I mean, c'mon, counter ultra? really?

[quote name='distgfx']My only complaints about the ultras in general are how some of them are executed like Fei's and Cammy's. I mean, c'mon, counter ultra? really?[/QUOTE]

How are counter ultras performed?

[quote name='nil']How are counter ultras performed?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the motion for them? It's basically the same crap as QCF, QCF then all three PPP or KKK. To actually work, you need to be hit with something that not a projectile. As if Fei and Cammy needed that kind of ultra, especially Fei.

[quote name='asianxcore']That shit was pretty hilarious.

Characters like Gouken, Guile, Chun, Ryu and Ken all got solid 2nd Ultras, but almost everyone else's looks ridiculously gimmicky.[/QUOTE]Don't forget Claw. That shit looks amazing.

[quote name='nil']How are counter ultras performed?[/QUOTE]
You do the motion for the Ultra, they do their "counter pose," and if they get hit during said pose, the Ultra activates.

I hate ultra counters. They're so satisfying when they connect, but I always wiff. Plus after seeing the start up animation it becomes pretty obvious to your opponent.

With that said I think Fei Long's looks badass.

[quote name='Rodimus']With that said I think Fei Long's looks badass.[/QUOTE]

It does, it really does. Just a shame it's a counter. :cry:

[quote name='asianxcore']Did anyone get Battle Fantasia on PSN?

I'm thinking about re-buying it since it was fun and my Xbox 360 died.[/QUOTE]I miiiiiiight get it. I remember having some fun with the 360 version. I might try and gameshare it.

[quote name='kainzero']there's not enough tekken talk here

come on

we're being tekken over[/QUOTE]
I can't think of a good enough tekken pun. That's how bad tekken sucks.

[quote name='asianxcore']Did anyone get Battle Fantasia on PSN?

I'm thinking about re-buying it since it was fun and my Xbox 360 died.[/QUOTE]

I got it, good game imo. GGs btw, you weren't the only one with a handicap, I was playing on the worst stick I've ever had ... the T6 wireless. The Seth vs Seth matches were really fun. Thanks for the comment about my cammy! Your Seth and Abel are still as beastly as ever. Thanks for telling me how to do that move with Seth too, very handy for cross-ups.

[quote name='distgfx']I got it, good game imo. GGs btw, you weren't the only one with a handicap, I was playing on the worst stick I've ever had ... the T6 wireless. The Seth vs Seth matches were really fun. Thanks for the comment about my cammy! Your Seth and Abel are still as beastly as ever. Thanks for telling me how to do that move with Seth too, very handy for cross-ups.[/QUOTE]

I hate the Seth/Cammy match-up because Cannon Spike eats up Seth's jump-in's. It's good practice though :) Your Cammy also is really patient, which I'm not used to playing against.

I decided to bring back Abel as my 2nd because at Arcades I can't play as Seth and Abel was my original main anyway. In the midst of planning a trip to Seattle for a week with my G/F next month, so hopefully my Abel will get a bunch of practice at Gameworks.

Seth dive kick is good for getting over fireballs, and setting up all sorts of Tick Throws/Tick SPDs/Variations of BnB Combo.

Again sorry for the sloppy play. I was cool up until around 1-1:30a. Playing frustrated/angry doesn't help anything.

Beef if you get Battle Fantasia and Uraizen already has it, I might pick it up soon. Cedric was so fun to play.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']We all sat around waiting for Markman to hook up the mini TE keychain.[/QUOTE]

And waiting for my TvC stick to arrive. It will be here Monday.

Mark Man I have to get some free time to call Mad Catz for a return slip to get my Femme Fatale stick fixed since the LT/RT buttons didn't work and also hoping you have extra keychains! :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Beef if you get Battle Fantasia and Uraizen already has it, I might pick it up soon. Cedric was so fun to play.[/QUOTE]
There's a FGT Gameshare account that isn't being used. I see no reason why we can't use that to DL Battle Fantasia. I just need to get back some money from a no longer in use Gameshare.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']FGT Gameshare. The most exclusive gameshare group out there.

Current offers: NOTHING[/QUOTE]
Not with THAT attitude. :nottalking:

[quote name='asianxcore']I hate the Seth/Cammy match-up because Cannon Spike eats up Seth's jump-in's. It's good practice though :) Your Cammy also is really patient, which I'm not used to playing against.

I decided to bring back Abel as my 2nd because at Arcades I can't play as Seth and Abel was my original main anyway. In the midst of planning a trip to Seattle for a week with my G/F next month, so hopefully my Abel will get a bunch of practice at Gameworks.

Seth dive kick is good for getting over fireballs, and setting up all sorts of Tick Throws/Tick SPDs/Variations of BnB Combo.

Again sorry for the sloppy play. I was cool up until around 1-1:30a. Playing frustrated/angry doesn't help anything.

Beef if you get Battle Fantasia and Uraizen already has it, I might pick it up soon. Cedric was so fun to play.[/QUOTE]

Yea, some of my habits with boxer carried over to cammy, not used to applying pressure.

As soon as you picked Abel, I said to myself "Oh crap." You do the tornado throw at the most random times, was hard to tell when to attack. For the arcades, they need to have a setup like this:

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=221659

Kick out those old machines and bring in the PC hacks!

[quote name='MarkMan']So all I did was play Super Street Fighter IV this weekend... shitty, what about you guys?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='greyzieoriental']We all sat around waiting for Markman to hook up the mini TE keychain.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

i hate it when people send a message saying "gg" when they clearly won because of lag dropping a combo

i also hate it when i block and then put in the punishment, only for me to not only fail to block, but get punished for my intended punishment

thanks lag

Was anyone in here watching the IPlayWinner.com stream of the Tourney out in Concord, CA (@ Shadowbrooke Games?)

I got my two hardest matches today up on the big screen/stream. After I lost to Ram's Ryu, Magus or Jack said to me "Asianxcore, FGT is watching.....do you want to say anything?". I did (endless rambling about how I was a scrub, all of you are too, but I love you guys) but I didn't know who was watching the stream.

Either way I won 2 and lost 2. One of the wins came against Terry Kineda :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back