General Fighting Game Thread 2 ships with a free* TE Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LostRoad']1-310-212-6339 fuck the emails strait up call. Harry answers the phone 90% of the time I'm told.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell whether or not this is real and wonder if I'd get charged for harassment. :lol:

[quote name='distgfx']I can't tell whether or not this is real and wonder if I'd get charged for harassment. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's my number and YES, you will be.

Na, it really is the number to Aksys. Got it from them when they where in NY doing the promo tour for BB. They have told people to call before with ideas or whatever. So if you want PC just call them and scream into the phone " Hands off the Panda ! " I'm sure they will get the idea.

Oh you just wait Phrosty, you will know when I give your number out. We will all prank you one right after another while you are at work dealing with the crazy people.

[quote name='MarkMan']Hey, do not associate me with that fgt.[/QUOTE]
Please refrain from using any further obscenities in the presence of the FGT.

I'm warning you. I will be forced to thrash you.

[quote name='PhrostByte']That's my number and YES, you will be.[/QUOTE]

*checks number in FGT chat* No it's not. I can post your real number if you'd like. :lol:

[quote name='kainzero']Please refrain from using any further obscenities in the presence of the FGT.

I'm warning you. I will be forced to thrash you.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='PhrostByte']That's my number and YES, you will be.[/QUOTE]
i didn't know you were in the 310

me too!

Robogief is go.

People on GAF are bitching about Chun and Cammy's alts, rofl.

But most importantly...
eakw7n.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']*checks number in FGT chat* No it's not. I can post your real number if you'd like. :lol:

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

I'd rather you not.. I wouldn't want TMK leaving my creepy SMSs about getting boners at the optometrists office.

[quote name='LostRoad']Na, it really is the number to Aksys. Got it from them when they where in NY doing the promo tour for BB. They have told people to call before with ideas or whatever. So if you want PC just call them and scream into the phone " Hands off the Panda ! " I'm sure they will get the idea.

Oh you just wait Phrosty, you will know when I give your number out. We will all prank you one right after another while you are at work dealing with the crazy people.[/QUOTE]

You know.. I tend to think about decisions before I take action, I asked myself, will posting my number in an IRC room of about 10 people come back to haunt me? Thanks for answering my question. :]

Gief gets a 720 air ultra.. that could be interesting. The new outfits could be the bonus they said they would give people who held on to the first run of SFIV who knows. I just need to see Cody out of his Village People outfit.

You know.. I tend to think about decisions before I take action, I asked myself, will posting my number in an IRC room of about 10 people come back to haunt me? Thanks for answering my question. :]

You sent your number to me over live. The IRC room scares me, besides have I done you dirty yet? :grouphug:

Ken's new ultra looks hella weird, but seems like itll be useful. The other ultras looked super cool too, especially fei longs

[quote name='PhrostByte']I asked myself, will posting my number in an IRC room of about 10 people come back to haunt me? Thanks for answering my question. :][/QUOTE]

Nah, we took it from the craigslist ad you posted in the chat, remember?

Colossus.jpg

First thing I thought of.

SFIV DLC is supposed to work on SSFIV. Also, I definitely like that Bison Cammy.

[quote name='distgfx']Nah, we took it from the craigslist ad you posted in the chat, remember?[/QUOTE]

Yes, so if i don't show up on CAG/IRC/AOL for a couple weeks you guys can call my phone and make sure TMK didn't murder me. :lol:

Well I just got a 360 TE stick (Femme Fatale) because I didn't have anyone to play fighting games with on the PS3, so I was wondering what are the good XBox 1 BC fighting games other than SF: Anniversary Collection? Going to be nice to actually be able to use the MadCatz stick on that game once I find an XBox 1 copy.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well I just got a 360 TE stick (Femme Fatale) because I didn't have anyone to play fighting games with on the PS3, so I was wondering what are the good XBox 1 BC fighting games other than SF: Anniversary Collection? Going to be nice to actually be able to use the MadCatz stick on that game once I find an XBox 1 copy.[/QUOTE]

Is DOA and SC 2 BC?

JEKKI you just need to man up.

MSUHitman: SFAC is really the best Xbox fighter on 360.. and even it has some glitches. Guilty Gear works. CFE, CvS2 don't. MvC2 has glitches so you might as well buy the downloadable 360 version. Most MK games work. KOF 2002 works and Neowave works. 2003 and MI don't. All the DOA's work I think. SC2 works. That's pretty much it right?

[quote name='kainzero']no sf4 really sucks[/QUOTE]

Luckily there are many other fighters to play.

All this SFIV hate makes me sad. =(

When it comes to fighters with decent online I can only think of SFIV, BlazBlue and Tekken 6 (post-patch). I happen to like SFIV the most out of the three. Why you guys gotta hate?

[quote name='distgfx']All this SFIV hate makes me sad. =(

When it comes to fighters with decent online I can only think of SFIV, BlazBlue and Tekken 6 (post-patch). I happen to like SFIV the most out of the three. Why you guys gotta hate?[/QUOTE]

Uraizen sucks.

[quote name='distgfx']All this SFIV hate makes me sad. =(

When it comes to fighters with decent online I can only think of SFIV, BlazBlue and Tekken 6 (post-patch). I happen to like SFIV the most out of the three. Why you guys gotta hate?[/QUOTE]
haters-gonna-hate.gif

[quote name='distgfx']When it comes to fighters with decent online I can only think of SFIV, BlazBlue and Tekken 6 (post-patch). I happen to like SFIV the most out of the three. Why you guys gotta hate?[/QUOTE]becoz we hate losing!!!

ppl here spend A LOT of time and effort leveling up that many of us do not have the opportunity or luxury to do so.

granted there is a community that will foster to nurturing players to succeed, but again it's at the cost of a staggering amount of training and dedication that'll be met with apathy by your peers if they perceive that you lack it.

SF4 can be fun if you enjoy being a scrub, but not all of us do... and the community is at the point where it's not easy, if not impossible, to just play casually or for fun.

it's not an issue about 'decent online' becoz that's irrelevant when you're right beside someone playing them on the same console.

[quote name='JEKKI']it's not an issue about 'decent online' becoz that's irrelevant when you're right beside someone playing them on the same console.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you this will NEVER be an issue for me because nobody around here fucking plays SFIV or fighters for that matter. I was just listing the only games I can actually play because I can fight others.

Now, on to the point, I can now see why you hate SFIV. You made some solid points and I thank you for explaining it to me.

Play more, get better!

I have a friend that is jobless and has the luxury of living off some unemployment and playing SFIV all day. Every time I play him I learn a little more. The more I play with him, the better I get. I don't have the time to sit there and play all day, but when I do I try to learn as much as I can. Til this day I still can't pull off cr.jab xx HHS with Honda 100%. He hit G1 like 2 months before me, then I actually sat down playing every now and then getting couple hundred GP a day to get to G1. The competition is fierce, but now I learn more playing the harder people.

I think you guys should play randoms if you want casual play.

I've gotten to the point that if I want to play Street Fighter I go for HD Remix. The game is so much tighter and Sirlin did a great job balancing it. When I pay SFIV, I feel that the characters I like to play are at a serious disadvantage because they're console exclusive (specifically Fei Long.) If that changes with SSFIV, I may consider getting it. If all of the characters were viable, then I mught be able to forgive the sloppy controls.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I have a friend that is jobless and has the luxury of living off some unemployment and playing SFIV all day.[/QUOTE]
I'm not so sure that's a luxury.

[quote name='JEKKI']becoz we hate losing!!!

ppl here spend A LOT of time and effort leveling up that many of us do not have the opportunity or luxury to do so.

granted there is a community that will foster to nurturing players to succeed, but again it's at the cost of a staggering amount of training and dedication that'll be met with apathy by your peers if they perceive that you lack it.

SF4 can be fun if you enjoy being a scrub, but not all of us do... and the community is at the point where it's not easy, if not impossible, to just play casually or for fun.

it's not an issue about 'decent online' becoz that's irrelevant when you're right beside someone playing them on the same console.[/QUOTE]

Seems as if your issue is with the community that nurtures the fighting game culture, and not SFIV itself. If that's your argument then I agree of course, SRK people blow.

[quote name='nil']I've gotten to the point that if I want to play Street Fighter I go for HD Remix. The game is so much tighter and Sirlin did a great job balancing it. When I pay SFIV, I feel that the characters I like to play are at a serious disadvantage because they're console exclusive (specifically Fei Long.) If that changes with SSFIV, I may consider getting it. If all of the characters were viable, then I mught be able to forgive the sloppy controls.[/QUOTE]

So what if our characters have a lot of disadvantages agaisnt the better characters? I'd say it's 90% the player, 10% the character.

Oh by the way, Justin Wong has been winning a lot of matches with Fei Long recently. Japan has a very high ranked Vega player.

20100107102346.png

To show my appreciation for akuma001 modding my stick, I have graced my BlackBerry with his presence. :lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Seems as if your issue is with the community that nurtures the fighting game culture, and not SFIV itself. If that's your argument then I agree of course, SRK people blow.[/QUOTE]
i just hate how stupid these jab blockstrings are.

it's almost as stupid as 3S empty jump throw break. that was also dumb.

[quote name='kainzero']i just hate how stupid these jab blockstrings are.

it's almost as stupid as 3S empty jump throw break. that was also dumb.[/QUOTE]

No fighting game is perfect, nothing in life is perfect.

[quote name='PhrostByte']So what if our characters have a lot of disadvantages agaisnt the better characters? I'd say it's 90% the player, 10% the character.

Oh by the way, Justin Wong has been winning a lot of matches with Fei Long recently. Japan has a very high ranked Vega player.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with the 90% player, 10% character mentality but it's a pain when your character is crippled. Fei's chicken wing has an extremely slow start-up and that kills the move. He lacks speed and damage output. His dp move is extremely vulnerable, which would not be a problem except that the shortcut for that move is db, db + kick and you run into serious issues with miskeying that move, which leads me back to my main complaint with this game: the controls. Like I said, if Capcom improves the balance in this game, even a little bit, I will likely play SSFIV; otherwise, I'll be playing TvC. It's so strange that TvC with its unorthodox control scheme feels more accurate to me than SFIV. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around that. I also have a hard time comprehending that SFIV is more fun to watch than play, for me.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']

I have a friend that is jobless and has the luxury of living off some unemployment and playing SFIV all day.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Hank.

[quote name='distgfx']I guarantee you this will NEVER be an issue for me because nobody around here fucking plays SFIV or fighters for that matter. [/QUOTE]I highly doubt that. The scale of SF4 is staggering, hence my point with the video. Playing is a pain in the ass, yet I cant stop and continue to play only to constantly ask myself why.

regardless, a quick glance at atlantic south forums show scenes in Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Ft. Lauderdale,... as far as I can tell you got your whole state covered. If you really wanted to seek out a community you have the means.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Seems as if your issue is with the community that nurtures the fighting game culture, and not SFIV itself. If that's your argument then I agree of course, SRK people blow.[/QUOTE]no. it's the community that keeps me playing the game... it's the game design itself that I have issues with.

my problem is I either get on win streaks, or losing streaks, depending on how lucky I am at approaching randomness on a given day.

especially after switching to Sim, one mistake and it's over, but in 50/50 situations you always find yourself victim to the scrubbiest random shyt ever and end up getting frustrated for no reason.

this is only online tho... funny how this is never an issue in competitive local play as the psychological factor always seems to come first...

[quote name='PhrostByte']No fighting game is perfect, nothing in life is perfect.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that incredibly deep analysis and the analogy of fighting games to life.

As for me, I'll just play Tekken 6 instead.

I'm going to take advantage of being classified a hater by expressing my deep and profound hatred for numerical notation. This really annoys me. I'm still trying to figure out how saying 41236 is better than hcf or 623 is more efficient than dp. I have a friend who was trying to learn a fighter with another player and the guy actually told him that a move was 6 + punch. If you're player 2 is the move 4 + punch? It's minor but I really hate trying to research a fighter and run into this crap.

Haters wanna hate.

[quote name='nil']I'm going to take advantage of being classified a hater by expressing my deep and profound hatred for numerical notation. This really annoys me. I'm still trying to figure out how saying 41236 is better than hcf or 623 is more efficient than dp. I have a friend who was trying to learn a fighter with another player and the guy actually told him that a move was 6 + punch. If you're player 2 is the move 4 + punch? It's minor but I really hate trying to research a fighter and run into this crap.[/QUOTE]
It's used for two reasons:

1: Japan uses numerical, so if the game has a heavy Japanese influence you'll see it more often like that. (GG, BB, MB, Doujin fighters)

2: When a game uses single letters to denote buttons, that may be confusing. (Soul Calibur)

In SC, reading DF.B - FF+A, QCF+B:C is not as practical as 3B 66A 236B:C.

Tekken is weird where they use numbers for the buttons.

I think the games adopt whatever would be easier to read.

[quote name='kainzero']It's used for two reasons:

1: Japan uses numerical, so if the game has a heavy Japanese influence you'll see it more often like that. (GG, BB, MB, Doujin fighters)

2: When a game uses single letters to denote buttons, that may be confusing. (Soul Calibur)

I think the games adopt whatever would be easier to read.[/QUOTE]
Get that math out of my fighters!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Get that math out of my fighters![/QUOTE]
You're the one who plays a game that has arbitrary PERCENTAGES for life!

He's at 100%? 100% of what? 100% of divide by zero?!

[quote name='kainzero']You're the one who plays a game that has arbitrary PERCENTAGES for life!

He's at 100%? 100% of what? 100% of divide by zero?![/QUOTE]
OhgodI'msoconfused

ff7qmark.gif

[quote name='JEKKI']
my problem is I either get on win streaks, or losing streaks, depending on how lucky I am at approaching randomness on a given day.

especially after switching to Sim, one mistake and it's over, but in 50/50 situations you always find yourself victim to the scrubbiest random shyt ever and end up getting frustrated for no reason.

this is only online tho... funny how this is never an issue in competitive local play as the psychological factor always seems to come first...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your execution is shit or you haven't learned the match ups for Sim yet. You have been saying the same thing over and over since the game came out about randoms. Of course they are going to pull shit out of their ass when they play. They do not keep track of the cookie cutter play styles that the people keep trying to mimic of higher end players. Which is good, put more time into your toon. Or step back from the game from a bit instead of getting so burnt out or mad about it.

Really Cali players have SF to much as a social circle jerk. If you are there just for the community than relax, and start playing to have fun more, and stop nurturing the eleist mindset if you are not willing to sacrifice to fit in.

All the same.
lessqqmoarpewpew.jpg

I play for fun, but there's no fun in losing unless you're mana knight or somebody who has low expectations for themself...

when real life gets in the way, u dont play the game for weeks, and when you do it takes about a good week to get good again say if you play 2 hours a day.

that's where frustration comes in, coz u spent a whole week getting better for a single saturday jus to perform decent and go back into hibernate mode for another few weeks

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Get that math out of my fighters![/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!!

[quote name='kainzero']It's used for two reasons:

I think the games adopt whatever would be easier to read.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting and informative, but I still find the letters easier to decipher. Maybe it's my mathphobia manifesting itself. I never use a number pad so I always have to look at one to decipher the notation.

[quote name='JEKKI']I play for fun, but there's no fun in losing unless you're mana knight or somebody who has low expectations for themself...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but who here has ever said losing is fun? Everyone knows this.

when real life gets in the way, u dont play the game for weeks, and when you do it takes about a good week to get good again say if you play 2 hours a day.

that's where frustration comes in, coz u spent a whole week getting better for a single saturday jus to perform decent and go back into hibernate mode for another few weeks

That's just the nature of the beast. For any competitive game, sure it sucks but like you said real life gets in the way. Unless you are willing to play hours on end and just train this is how it will always be. Shit only gets harder the older you get, but why let it get you down so much? Unless you are trying to make a living off this shit, find your groove and keep at it if your having fun, if not time to step back that simple bud.

[quote name='JEKKI']I play for fun, but there's no fun in losing unless you're mana knight or somebody who has low expectations for themself...

that's where frustration comes in, coz u spent a whole week getting better for a single saturday jus to perform decent and go back into hibernate mode for another few weeks[/QUOTE]
oh come on

i would side with you but that is ridiculous

that's like saying i spent a whole day working out to get buff and then it sucks that i got fat the next 3 weeks and so i got work out an entire week or something.

people don't get better in single days
they get better in months

"real life" ain't an excuse, it's a choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back