General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Gen.. sweet. SFIV looking better and better. Not many characters I wish would be in it now.. maybe besides:

-Rolento
-Guy
-Adon

I guess that's it.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yay Gen.. sweet. SFIV looking better and better. Not many characters I wish would be in it now.. maybe besides:

-Rolento
-Guy
-Adon

I guess that's it.[/quote]

I'll second that list though haggar would be a superb surprise... 0% chance on that.

I say keep adding the characters.

Anyone else reading the SF Turbo comic (Udon)? The eye candy is nice, but the story is still cut n' paste but I'm not holding it against it. I'll continue to pick it up for the links to SFIV.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll second that list though haggar would be a superb surprise... 0% chance on that.[/QUOTE]

Haggar needs to get his due. Come on Capcom, put him in it. You put Guy, Cody, and Sodom in SF, it's Mike's turn.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Haggar needs to get his due. Come on Capcom, put him in it. You put Guy, Cody, and Sodom in SF, it's Mike's turn.[/quote]

well, the closest thing we get is Zangief's alt costume where he's wearing Haggar's signature one sling pants.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, the closest thing we get is Zangief's alt costume where he's wearing Haggar's signature one sling pants.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, still, it's not the same.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll second that list though haggar would be a superb surprise... 0% chance on that.[/quote]

Dude! Yeah! He was supposed to be in Capcom All-Stars and instead we got Capcom Fighting Evolution. :(

I wonder if Cammy's alt will be her Shadaloo attire? And if Fei Long gets that yellow with black stripe down the side track suit you see in kung fu movies, I will LOL soooooo hard.:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']I wonder if Cammy's alt will be her Shadaloo attire? And if Fei Long gets that yellow with black stripe down the side track suit you see in kung fu movies, I will LOL soooooo hard.:lol::lol::lol:[/quote]
TEKKENS DID IT.

Tekken3forrestlaw.jpg

That guy in the back.....He reminds me of someone.........
picture.php
Megatron likes what he sees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Badass art!

Can't wait for it.

One of the people in the area is importing it, and a bunch of dudes hangout at his place twice a month for poker and fighting games, so we're gonna have a tourney for it when it comes ot or something!

[quote name='Rodimus']I say keep adding the characters.

Anyone else reading the SF Turbo comic (Udon)? The eye candy is nice, but the story is still cut n' paste but I'm not holding it against it. I'll continue to pick it up for the links to SFIV.[/quote]

I'm reading it. It got me to actually subscribe to a comic series, something I've never done before. The story is pretty cookie cutter and not nearly as well done (so far) as SF or SFII series' by Udon, but I'm waiting to see what they do with it. I hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew. If you haven't read them yet, I'd definitely recommend checking out the two prior SF titles.

Glad to see I'm not the only joe reading SF Turbo. I think any SF fan would enjoy it, but since I'm a big comic nerd I may seem critical. Overall I'm excited to see how much SFIV they throw in.

[quote name='Rodimus']Glad to see I'm not the only joe reading SF Turbo. I think any SF fan would enjoy it, but since I'm a big comic nerd I may seem critical. Overall I'm excited to see how much SFIV they throw in.[/quote]

I'm actually a little more excited about Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li. Omar Dogan's doing the art and I loved his work in Street Fighter Legends: Sakura. Also, the story/development seems to flow better when they can focus on a single character and his/her interactions with other characters.

I posted this a while back, but I picked up the Street Fighter Tribute art book for $25 off of Amazon and have no regrets. It's quite a beautiful tome. I'd suggest picking it up if you have any interest in comics/artbooks/street fighter. It's published by Udon, but has artists from all over the world ranging from amateur to Marvel/DC cover artist. I believe it's about 300 pages.

[quote name='Rodimus']Glad to see I'm not the only joe reading SF Turbo. I think any SF fan would enjoy it, but since I'm a big comic nerd I may seem critical. Overall I'm excited to see how much SFIV they throw in.[/QUOTE]

I have been reading it as well. The writing is average but being a big SF fan helps. Love the art though.

[quote name='MarkMan']Good old Bobino!

Any of you socal guys close to vid94? You should go there!

25 cent SF4 and Tekken 6. TOO CRAZY[/quote]

Whoa~!

Where is that MM? I'll be in SD for a few days later this month, too!

[quote name='BlueSwim']The XBLA game, Pinball FX, is getting a Street Fighter II Turbo machine November 12th. No price is listed yet, but previous expansions for Pinball FX were about 200 points.[/QUOTE]

Is the Pinball FX game good? Might download it just for the Street Fighter expansion.

[quote name='DomLando']Is the Pinball FX game good? Might download it just for the Street Fighter expansion.[/quote]

I have friend who plays it a lot and he keeps telling me to get it. I'm not a big pinball guy but I also might pick it up just for the Street Fighter expansion.

[quote name='gunm']Whoa~!

Where is that MM? I'll be in SD for a few days later this month, too![/quote]

It's real close to Walnut and Super Arcade. About 5 minutes away from there.

And it's open til like 3 or 4 in the morning!

Picked up DBZ: Burst Limit (360) from Gamefly pretty cheap. Anyone played this? I just need something to keep me busy till Mirror's Edge comes out. I kinda liked the demo so I decided to give it a shot.

[quote name='SmallWind']
4976219026352ng5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Makes me sad. Wish it was on PS3 so I don't have to do anything. Just throw it in the PS3 and let the fun commence.

I'll have research more on playing this import on my Wii, since I don't own any imports (or cade sticks for that matter) on my Wii.

[quote name='asianxcore']Makes me sad. Wish it was on PS3 so I don't have to do anything. Just throw it in the PS3 and let the fun commence.
[/quote]

it might ;)

Screw the wait. I paid off my copy + 2 Exar sticks.

BTW, I got two new arcade sticks today!

RARE ones! ;D

I'm so happy.

Which ones are the Exar sticks again? Is that the one with the TvC graphix? I'd like a Wii stick for my VC stuff at least. :p

:cry:

guys!! I impulsively bought an xbox with the dell coupon!!!

what am I gonna do?!?!?!?! :cry: :cry:

fucking Tina Sanchez... I cant help but feel like this is somehow her fault

These are the Exar sticks:

http://sdtekken.com/2008/10/24/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-arcade-sticks/

Here's what I got today...

Adding two new arcade sticks to my collection... Brings me to a grand total of 65 arcade sticks.

The ones I got today were especially notable because they are almost impossible to find mint in box nowadays. Heck, some people probably haven't even seen or heard of them. Another special thing about these two stick lever is an optical stick which is pretty much identical in construction to the Sanwa Flash arcade stick that is so sought after... An optical stick is much like the Happ Perfect 360 arcade sticks, it uses an optical sensor and has no click when registering inputs.

ASCII Street Fighter Zero 3 PS1 Arcade Stick

3007087434_1c4be9d2f0.jpg

ASCII Rival Schools PS1 Arcade Stick

3006249509_55a9cca38e.jpg

Both complete with box/instruction manuals, sticker insert sheet, and character movelist cards!

Here's a few more pics of what it looks like...

3006248507_6861991d92.jpg

3006250527_860af4d76e.jpg

---

[quote name='JEKKI']:cry:

guys!! I impulsively bought an xbox with the dell coupon!!!

what am I gonna do?!?!?!?! :cry: :cry:

fucking Tina Sanchez... I cant help but feel like this is somehow her fault[/quote]

I know! You can play Tekken 6 on 360 with me ;)

And get a 360 arcade stick!

Oh noes!

And SF IV 360 stick!

Reminds me, do you know where I may acquire optical sticks? Are they totally out of production?

Well, finished modding my Mayflash with Sanwa 30s and JLF. Looks a little "industrial" but feels sooo gewd. I tink I did a fair job with it being my first time and all.

The Japanese/Sanwa Flash arcade sticks have been out of production for years now. They are extremely hard to come by and always command around $100 + for the mechanism alone...

Yea, the button layout is a bit weird, but at least the face 4 aren't at an angle like on the HRAP EX or FS3. This one is almost even.

If you notice.

The first 6 buttons on the stick, are the Vewlix layout (SF4 arcade machine panel). lol.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it might ;)[/QUOTE]

None of that winkin' shit Rolento :)

If you know something spit it out. I would hate to spend money on two of the TvC sticks and the game only to find out PS3 is gettin' dat shit.

Yo who's gettin Gears of War 2 tomorrow night or Friday?

Rolento, Chac, Asian, Smallwind, everyone - you motha fuckas better be gettin that shit!

I might, via my brother who I live with that stole my 360 because his red ringed the other day.

But I have to regoldify my account now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back