General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']plus PM me MM since I don't have AIM atm.[/quote]

I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but would it be okay to send that PM my way too? I don't have AIM either. And no, I won't post any "OMG!!!111!!! EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS!!!!!" on Ionic.:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='asianxcore']There just aren't enough new players for CVS2. Mostly top players. The CVS2 top players have already shown they are kings of their respective groove (C/John Choi, N/Nuki/Buktooth, A/Bas/Ricky Ortiz for example). I know I have talked to a lot of my friends who are casual players who are already tired of seeing A-Groove players (like myself) consistently.

The game (as much as I love it) has also hit somewhat of a stand-still. It has hit it's peak in terms of high level play/evolution and I don't see anything surprising coming out. [/quote]
I dunno about that. CvS2 offers so many ways to play with its multitude of characters and grooves. Compared to 3s, CvS2 matches look much more interesting. Maybe CvS2 is not simple enough for others to appreciate it?

I'd love to get some breaking news, MarkMan, especially if it involves anything Capcom. Pretty please? My SN: MisterE79

Oh, and 5am at the airport is no fun. ;\ Hopefully you're at least headed somewhere nice.

worth a look:

l_wk_081107hibikore17.jpg

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0811/07/news130.html#l_wk_081107hibikore06.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']soonest is next week based on submission times, but I hope I'm wrong.[/quote]
Maybe Sony with the launch of the Capcom Store on PSN will surprise us with HD Remix.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'll definitely play. :)[/quote]

Got it in the mail today! Add me!

Gamer Tag - DimaBraun
AIM name - Mega Dima

[quote name='option.iv']I dunno about that. CvS2 offers so many ways to play with its multitude of characters and grooves. Compared to 3s, CvS2 matches look much more interesting. Maybe CvS2 is not simple enough for others to appreciate it?[/QUOTE]

CVS2 definitely has a steep learning curve. Simplicity isn't the problem. In terms of high level fighting game play, I don't think any fighting game is "simple". CVS2 has it's obvious Roll Canceling, it's emphasis on pokes/footsies, and obviously the attributes of each groove/how it affects each character.

Though 3S is still running strong, it has it's share of high level/not-so-simple tactics such as Charge Partitioning (which is rough since I'm learning Urien at the moment), Kara Canceling and so on.

We have hit sort of a brick wall with CVS2 though. Though it has a huge cast of characters and 6 grooves to choose from not every character benefits from said grooves. Sure it's fun to run an S-Bison, C-Morrigan, K-Ryu, but in terms of high level play you'll rarely see that. You'll rarely see top players pick characters that don't benefit from the groove they are in. Certain characters need Roll because Roll Canceling is a huge benefit (Vega), others need Run/Short Jump (Hibiki), some benefit from the aggressive/offensive nature of K (Rolento, Ken, Sagat, Cammy), and some benefit from breaking stock (Akuma, Morrigan). As with MVC2, it's hard to win tourneys with random characters, especially in a team based setup. CVS2 being: Meter Builder/Meter Whore/Clean-Up

As fun as it is to see people running random characters in grooves that are just as random or give said character any benefits, it's just don't happen at high level play. IMO high level play and it's state/evolution determines if a game is considered "dead" or not.

A-Groove has it's set cast, same with N, C, K and P. Also as I mentioned there just aren't enough new high level players anymore. The ones that are top either have moved their focus to other games or just don't care to play anymore (BAS).

I agree with Asian about CvS2. I was never spectacular at the game, but I went to a few tournaments so I know a little bit. Although there appears to be so many options, only certain characters are playable in certain grooves. This, like he said, leads to the high level of play in the game not necessarily evolving. I can't think of the last time I saw someone do something new in that game.

This is unlike, say, ST, which evolves. For awhile it seemed as if every Evo was being won by a different player with a different character (Ryu, Sim, Balrog, O. Sagat etc...)

Even some like Marvel, which may seem static, evolves. Remember when everyone swore up and down that Cable was the best character in the game? Remember when people didn't pick Psylocke? How about Blackheart? He used to be pretty popular.

That's why I think CvS2 isn't as popular as 3rd Strike or other games. It has nothing to do with simplicity. 3s is not an easy game to play by any means, yet competitively it is very, very popular.

And if you think Marvel is easy to play, you're out of your mind.

The execution required to play at a high level in Marvel is ridiculous -_-!

Especially Sentinel, reflying is like ow my wrists just exploded!

[quote name='MarkMan']
3025839799_a272b61255.jpg
[/quote]

That's a pretty nice lobby Capcom has there. Did they have any arcade units to play while you were waiting?

Yeah...what the heck is going on with Aksys lately? We were getting some hints a few months ago. Seemed like another Guilty Gear for home was in the works. Still no official news yet :(

[quote name='makstaks']Yeah...what the heck is going on with Aksys lately? We were getting some hints a few months ago. Seemed like another Guilty Gear for home was in the works. Still no official news yet :([/quote]

What hints are you talking about?

GG isn't done tho. I'll tell ya that.

You might see it sooner than later in some way shape or form.

I finally got a XFSP adapter for the 360, so now i can use my Tekken arcade stick on the 360. Funny thing is it requires a wired 360 controller for it to work, and i dont have one. Gonna try and get one tomorrow and check it out.

It needs it because it needs the security chip encryption that all arcade sticks need.

Sorry to say that the XFPS lags when using digital only input (arcade stick). I don't know how much it lags, but it is very noticeable from what I hear.

haha! I entered your contest!!

check it out!!

http://gootecks.com/podcast/street-fighter-podcast-11-dogface-omni/

new SF Podcast!!

they say that Alex Valle will one day be abducted by aliens and become their tactician in their war, and then they'll put his face on their currency.

I also played sum more SF4 yesterday.

1 game with Honda... he still sucks but I'ma keep playin him a bit, just turtle all day.

Played 1 game with Ryu, I won a whole match even tho I didnt kno how to play him lol. His ultra apparently has low recovery, I blocked my opponent's ultra (also used Ryu) at sweep range and countered with my own!

2 games with Abel, I'm a lot more competent with him but had hella trouble getting forward dash cancel down, mostly coz my opponent was Ryu and I kept getting fireballed...

I played a bunch of SF4 yesterday too...

Including THE WHOLE roster! :p

Thanks all for entering the contest.

I'm going to try and get as many copies available as possible. Might add some more prizes too.

[quote name='MarkMan']I played a bunch of SF4 yesterday too...

I'm going to try and get as many copies available as possible. Might add some more prizes too.[/quote]

:whistle2:#.......I...WON'T.......ASK.........IT!!!............

HOWWASCAMMYHOWWASCAMMYHOWWASCAMMY?!?!?!
:lol:

I'll be entering the contest too. I need a new fighter to play since I completely(!!!) finished Virtua Fighter 5 last night.:hot: All 1000 gamerscore points, every emblem, every item, every single quest mode arcade player. Completed to 100%. I've been at that thing since the end of June and I still hated to finish it up.:cry:

[quote name='MarkMan']I played a bunch of SF4 yesterday too...

I'm going to try and get as many copies available as possible. Might add some more prizes too.[/quote]

Thank YOU, MM for hosting it! I entered. :D

Don't let that ewok guy win, though...using kids to win you gamez is teh underhanded!
just kidding. :lol:

[quote name='gunm']Thank YOU, MM for hosting it! I entered. :D

Don't let that ewok guy win, though...using kids to win you gamez is teh underhanded!
just kidding. :lol:
[/quote]

the kid card won't work on me...

If you have a young kid and can't afford to buy them games, you're doing something wrong!

NEXT!

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back