General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
All SNK owes anyone is KOF XII and a domestic release of Twinkle Star Sprites.

Chac, we all gotta FG Thread Gears 2 sometime. Shit is fun.

rofl, that reminds me I gotta try and find a good Mugen set somewhere. Too damned lazy to get all the individual characters...

"Viper Beam"... Oh, I see what you did there:rofl::rofl:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']third the FG Thread Gears 2... like back in the day... possum, foley, chac, snax... good times.[/QUOTE]

asianxcore and this guy Rolento who took breaks between shooting to take his live-betes meds.

Just deathmatch... we had it pretty damn close the other day. Chac, HeavyD and some others.

Someone play UMK with me! Beat me..... I don't care! Just wanna relearn the game.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just deathmatch... we had it pretty damn close the other day. Chac, HeavyD and some others.

Someone play UMK with me! Beat me..... I don't care! Just wanna relearn the game.[/quote]

even with the price drop not many are online? damn.

Jesus that infinite is stupid easy.

Also, is there any word on the SF4 strategy guide? There is gonna be one right..? Will it be junk like most? I wonder.

I just got a copy of Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2 to tide me over until SFIIHD.

Any tips for using the New Challengers version of Joe?

Also, if SFIV gets a guide like Anniversary Collection or Alpha Anthology, I'll be very happy.

[quote name='depascal22']I just got a copy of Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2 to tide me over until SFIIHD.

Any tips for using the New Challengers version of Joe?

Also, if SFIV gets a guide like Anniversary Collection or Alpha Anthology, I'll be very happy.[/QUOTE]

I still need the AA guide. I have the CvS2 one and the Anniversary Collection one though.

I actually have a decent fighting game guide collection, I'll post pics sometime.

I've been looking for that CvS2 guide for a long time. With all the grooves, I definately need one. My fighting game guide collection so far:

Virtua Fighter 5
DOA4
Tekken 5
Anniversary Collection
Alpha Anthology

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
Also, is there any word on the SF4 strategy guide? There is gonna be one right..? Will it be junk like most? I wonder.[/QUOTE]

If it has accurate frame data, it will automatically be good.

Other that, it'll be useless.

I wonder if they're going to release a SFIIHD guide? It's an arcade title but it would still be nice to get frame data for the new game.

[quote name='asianxcore']If it has accurate frame data, it will automatically be good.

Other that, it'll be useless.[/QUOTE]

True true. Also, a SF2HD guide would be awesome but I really don't think it'll happen.

Just doing some math about how much the SF4 release is gonna cost me.

60 - Game (360)
60 - Game (PS3)
40 - Pad (360) (speculation)
130 - Premium Stick for 360 (speculation)
20 - Guide
--------------
+ 6% sales tax = 328.60

That's an expensive game!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just doing some math about how much the SF4 release is gonna cost me.

60 - Game (360)
60 - Game (PS3)
20 - Guide
--------------
+ 6% sales tax = 328.60

That's an expensive game![/quote]

Yeah, but it's going to be worth every penny. I might go with the 360 version, one pad, a stick, and the guide. That puts my bill at $250 + tax. It's a good thing my birthday is two days after release.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just doing some math about how much the SF4 release is gonna cost me.

60 - Game (360)
60 - Game (PS3)
20 - Guide
--------------
+ 6% sales tax = 328.60

I'm might have to sell my EX2 to afford the premium stick and the game.:cry:

[quote name='MarkMan']Awesome thread on NeoGAF!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342279[/quote]

Tekken Tag is still my favorite Tekken game to date. One of the few fighting games I played in the arcade.

I use to have I think 5 copies of the T5 guide. I got it when it was pennied. MM has an entry in it. I think I have 1 or 2 now.

I would wish the SFIV japanese guide would just be translated... that'd be nice.

also...

IMAGE_003.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I use to have I think 5 copies of the T5 guide. I got it when it was pennied. MM has an entry in it. I think I have 1 or 2 now.

I would wish the SFIV japanese guide would just be translated... that'd be nice.

also...

IMAGE_003.jpg
[/quote]

I have the SF IV guide... it's really good. I'm thinking about translating the frame data completely in English... most of the groundwork has already been done too. So it won't be too hard.

[quote name='Zmonkay']What is this 360 pad of which you speak Jim? A 360 pad with a decent d-pad mayhaps? hmmm...[/QUOTE]

In addition to the 2 joysticks, MadCatz is making Street Fighter themed pads. They're expected to be very good. Pretty sweet!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I use to have I think 5 copies of the T5 guide. I got it when it was pennied. MM has an entry in it. I think I have 1 or 2 now.

also...

IMAGE_003.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I would ask you to mail me one, but we both know how that goes ;)

But Killer Instinct on XBLA would be awesome. I used to be HELLA good at it w/ Cinder.

[quote name='MarkMan']I have the SF IV guide... it's really good. I'm thinking about translating the frame data completely in English... most of the groundwork has already been done too. So it won't be too hard.[/QUOTE]

:drool: Glad to hear it

60 - Game (360)
60 - Game (PS3)
20 - Guide
--------------
+ 6% sales tax = 328.60

This makes me cringe. Probably because I'm in the same boat. Except that I'm springing for the collector's edition of the game and no guide. I'm really torn on what platform to get the thing, though. In my opinion, Street Fighter belongs on the Playstation and I don't know why I'm partial this way. Are most people here getting it on the 360?

You guys think you have it rough?

I'm getting 5 copies of the game.

360 LE
PS3 LE
PS3
PC

1 of each controller for both systems, so that's 8 controllers total.

an undisclosed number of arcade sticks for each system. So that is at least 4 sticks (at least!)....

guide, LE giude

and all the other bonus items.

Oh, I probably won't even pay for any of that crap.

nevermind. ;)

Anyone here import/play Sengoku Basara X? It's a Capcom Published and Arc Systems Developed game (mostly looks Arc systems to me). Looks like a Guilty Gear version of a Samurai Showdown game.

Does anyone here play SSF2T on GGPO? I just started playing on there tonight because I need to brush up on my skills. If anyone wants to play let me know.

[quote name='GuardianE']This makes me cringe. Probably because I'm in the same boat. Except that I'm springing for the collector's edition of the game and no guide. I'm really torn on what platform to get the thing, though. In my opinion, Street Fighter belongs on the Playstation and I don't know why I'm partial this way. Are most people here getting it on the 360?[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I forgot about the LE. So add another 20 dollars (PS3 and 360 LE) to that. LOL. Ridicilous.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I still have it set aside... >_< man I'm bad.[/QUOTE]

Haha it's cool man. Maybe christmas? ;)

[quote name='option.iv']Anyone here import/play Sengoku Basara X? It's a Capcom Published and Arc Systems Developed game (mostly looks Arc systems to me). Looks like a Guilty Gear version of a Samurai Showdown game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have it. It's pretty fun. It plays sorta like GG crossed with MvC1. It's pretty solid and alot of the characters are fun to play as. If you have specific questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Ahh, I forgot about the LE. So add another 20 dollars (PS3 and 360 LE) to that. LOL. Ridicilous.[/quote]

Actually, I think the LE is $20 more than the Standard, so if you're getting both it'd be $40 extra. :whistle2:#

I'm waiting to see if the Regular MadCatz Sticks will be enough for me instead of the premium. If the regular turns out to be decent enough, I might pick up two of those instead. But again, for which system I don't know. This dual system thing is killing me.

[quote name='GuardianE']Explain please! :D[/quote]

There is a whole line of SF4 related accessories outside of the controllers/sticks. :)

[quote name='MarkMan']SmallWind also got Basara Cross.. I think he follows it as well...[/quote]:)

----

Hype for BlazBlue arcade release this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back