General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']King of Fighters Sky Stage - it's a shmup[/quote]
picture.php

Time to brush up on Gato.

I remember reading that a MotW 2 was 75% done and expecting a 2004 release but for what ever reason SNK/P scrapped it. But I also remember they never really stopped production on it but decided to use some new technology. I don't have sources so I can't confirm it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope MOTW comes out on psn with online play. But I'm a bit skeptical. Isn't the ps2 version the only playable home port? I heard that the DC and any other version were crap. Please don't mess this shit up SNK.

Version Differences

• Most Neo-Geo emulators support a Prototype version of Garou:MOTW that should be avoided at all costs. This version has many bugs and changes from the released versions that make unsuitable for real play.
  • The Neo-Geo AES (home console) and Neo-Geo MVS (arcade) versions are considered the only pure versions, and they are identical. Support for Garou is available on all worthwhile Neo-Geo emulators.
  • The Japanese Playstation 2 version is the best home version. The controls are very tight and the game play is perfect. The only differences during play are the words 'Guard Cancel' do not flash on the screen like the other versions. The training mode is superior to all other versions, and allows for recording and playback of the training dummy's actions. For practicing setups and other single player training, this version is the best, even better than the pure Neo-Geo versions.
  • The Dreamcast version is the worst of all possible versions. It offers nothing over the Neo-Geo versions other than the unlockable image gallery and the arranged soundtrack mode. Inputs are delayed, and some versions show problems with sound effects delaying as much as 2 seconds from when they should play. If possible, select the original soundtrack option instead of the arranged soundtrack, and play on the original GD-ROM to lessen these effects. Even with these adjustments, this is the worst option for play; even playing on an emulator will be more satisfying.
This was from the SRK wiki garou entry. Then again, it's a wiki.

huh? I didn't notice input delay either. Then again, I'm just a casual player.

One thing to keep in mind about DCs today is that GD-ROM laser problems/failures are pretty common. It's why I have two US DCs and an as-yet unopened Jpn one.

It does make me want to fire it up later tonight so I can try and see if there's really anything to those complaints, though.

I have a DC that seems to reset itself back to the menu whenever I try to play Sonic Shuffle. Weird....:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's telling you that Sonic Shuffle is fucking garbage. :)[/quote]
You know Sega refiled the trademark for Sonic Shuffle, right? :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know if it was something wrong with my copy(besides the obvious "it's Sonic Shuffle") or what, but it seems to reset at various times. Isn't there a known issue with Dreamcasts resetting?

[quote name='BlueSwim']I have a DC that seems to reset itself back to the menu whenever I try to play Sonic Shuffle. Weird....:lol::lol::lol:[/quote]

My Dreamcast shuts down on its own whenever I try to play any game.:cry: I really need to get a replacement one , but I keep putting it off.

I really wish those rumors about another company picking up the rights to sell new DC systems was true.

Ugh. Well I had to pre-order Blaz Blue from Gamestop since Amazon seems to be a no go according to others and the great JEKKI for the premium edition and art book :\

Nothing has really coming out stating what we are getting besides the art book with the online pre orders from GS. I bet we get a sound track of some sorts, and maybe, just maybe happy trigger with it. Though I won't be holding my breath on that one.

[quote name='MarkMan']I mentioned what it contains in #cagfight... if you want to know what it is? Maybe you should join #cagfight.

:)[/quote]

WTF? I've been there all day asshole. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back