General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Blaz Blue links, MM. Still waiting on amazon to put up their pre-order.

I'm looking forward to the Fight Night 4 demo with Pacquiao/Hatton.

[quote name='gunm']Thanks for the Blaz Blue links, MM. Still waiting on amazon to put up their pre-order.

I'm looking forward to the Fight Night 4 demo with Pacquiao/Hatton.[/quote]

speaking of which on gametrailers hatton won in the demo :fridge:

I dunno if they were posted but the videos from the Gamestop SF4 tourney finals are pretty awesome. Makes me want to get back into SF4. I haven't played since I got my new computer.

I figured it'd be good to get a break. I was getting in a rut with Chun-Li and doing lots of stupid things. I want to learn Honda or Rufus now too. I have a hard time switching characters cause my brain just thinks like I'm playing Chun Li.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I don't use her offensively enough. I know how to get a good string going sometimes but typically I'm a bit too defensive.

Watching that video it's pretty much how I play, but executed perfectly. I love the hazanshu/low jab mixups

So a buddy of mine who went to the SFIV Nationals stole some T-Shirts from Daigo, and Daigo didn't even realize it until it was too late. My buddy even got Justin Wong and Daigo to sign some of them, too.

Awesome.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Is that Blaz Blue exclusive to Gamestop? Guh. I want to give Amazon my money, not Gamestop :p[/quote]

No, I don't believe so.

Blaz Blue collector's edition is exclusive to gamestop.

and the art book is exclusive to gamestop online pre-orders.

Aksys wants the books to be in store as well, but as of now they are not

So I tried to get IRC to work, but my router blocked the access. Then I tried going into my router settings, and I forgot the password. :blush: It might have something to do with the fact that the Comcast dude unplugged the router, then plugged it back in when he was getting our internet back, but I don't really know. I'll be calling Comcast sometime this week to see if they can't help.

Also, I got smoked by some player online in SFIV, and I was hella heated, but then I started laughing once I saw that his rating was 8700+. I couldn't stay mad after that.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']So I tried to get IRC to work, but my router blocked the access. Then I tried going into my router settings, and I forgot the password. :blush: It might have something to do with the fact that the Comcast dude unplugged the router, then plugged it back in when he was getting our internet back, but I don't really know. I'll be calling Comcast sometime this week to see if they can't help.[/quote]Open port 6667.

[quote name='JEKKI']Blaz Blue collector's edition is exclusive to gamestop.

and the art book is exclusive to gamestop online pre-orders.

Aksys wants the books to be in store as well, but as of now they are not[/quote]

Shit! Noooooooo! [darth vader] I dun wanna buy from GS!!1

But CE and art book iz want, so I guess I'm in for one of doze, den. :p

Edit: to beat the dead horse, the blaz blue pre-order bonus is for online only. Thank goodness SAVER actually does that for me this time. I guess I'm willing to pay MSRP + Tax for this? Man, I'm such a suckkaaa. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
So...those are MadCatz pads I assume, right? The page was already taken down (I wonder why)

Maybe this is a sign that I should finally get a stick if it comes to fruition.

I have a Chun-Li fightpad. Not too impressed with it, but it's better than the 360 controller. If a new TE stick comes out, I'll probably jump on it and sell the pad. I've never actually used a stick though except for very limited use in a movie Arcade.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm getting BB LE online from GS I guess. . . :cry:

I want that shit day one.[/quote]

Looks like I will be as well.. 360 version yay.

Anyone know what's included in the CE edition of BlazBlue? I've been spending so much money on new games lately and I'm not sure I can justify the first day purchase to myself. There's also KOFXII and Tekken 6 down the line to think about.

[quote name='MarkMan']The CE CE, is worth it. That's all you need to know.[/quote]

By CE CE, you mean the Gamestop CE, right? Or is there some other CE that I don't know about??

[quote name='GuardianE']By the way, the complete omission of female characters for the Marvel Vs. Capcom Fightpads?

Total failure.

Bah![/quote]
THIS!

Can you imagine how hot a Rogue vs. Cammy Fight Pad would have been?

This hot: :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='BlueSwim']THIS!

Can you imagine how hot a Rogue vs. Cammy Fight Pad would have been?

This hot: :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:[/quote]

Yeah, I was thinking Psylocke (their leotard costumes even fit together :p), but you get the idea.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have a Chun-Li fightpad. Not too impressed with it, but it's better than the 360 controller. If a new TE stick comes out, I'll probably jump on it and sell the pad. I've never actually used a stick though except for very limited use in a movie Arcade.[/quote]

I tried my bro's Chun-Li fightpad and was also unimpressed. For some reason I couldn't use charging characters effectively with it. I had to switch back to the normal 360 controller. But for non-charging characters it seemed a little better. Still I'm glad I didn't buy one.

Well the movie is done!

Screening critique went very well.

Now I have to go back and fix 2-3 things easily :)

the nightmare is over... almost.

I'm planning to contact Cactus and Phil Fish over the next few months if anyone even knows who the fuck I'm talking about.

:lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Well the movie is done!

Screening critique went very well.

Now I have to go back and fix 2-3 things easily :)

the nightmare is over... almost.

I'm planning to contact Cactus and Phil Fish over the next few months if anyone even knows who the fuck I'm talking about.

:lol:[/quote]
:applause::applause::applause: CONGRATS!!!

SO! When's the trailer debuting?:lol:

Okay haven't been able to play SFIV in over a month now since to projects at work, but I will be on tonight. Anyone up for some games, 360 most likly but ps3 can work also.

[quote name='BlueSwim']:applause::applause::applause: CONGRATS!!!

SO! When's the trailer debuting?:lol:[/quote]

:lol: the film isn't long so it'd give away too much. I'm hoping to send everyone DVDs of the final version. I'll keep everyone posted.

at this point I'm proud of it but tired of working on it.

Is KoF 98 PS2 worth the $20 even if I've played the hell outa the Neo Geo version?

I'll be playing alot more SFIV this week at home and at school to kill time.
I still think I'll be forming an indie game dev team over the summer. that's my main goal starting today.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Is KoF 98 PS2 worth the $20 even if I've played the hell outa the Neo Geo version?[/quote]

I say yes, cause I know you love KOF 98'. Not only do you get a tweaked version full of new characters, new moves, challenges, art & movie galleries but It also comes with the orginal Neo Geo version and a bonus disk with wallpapers & movies. So yeah I think the $20 price tag is well worth it for any KOF fan. Hell I was sold when I saw the name Wolfgang Krauser.

[quote name='Rodimus']I say yes, cause I know you love KOF 98'. Not only do you get a tweaked version full of new characters, new moves, challenges, art & movie galleries but It also comes with the orginal Neo Geo version and a bonus disk with wallpapers & movies. So yeah I think the $20 price tag is well worth it for any KOF fan. Hell I was sold when I saw the name Wolfgang Krauser.[/quote]

wow... didn't realize that it came with that... I'll get it today hopefully then.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: the film isn't long so it'd give away too much. I'm hoping to send everyone DVDs of the final version. I'll keep everyone posted.

I still think I'll be forming an indie game dev team over the summer. that's my main goal starting today.[/quote]
Awesomex2!

If you form a dev team and need someone to do some writing(storyline or menu), PR/marketing, creative work or voice overs, just holla at me, I'm
relatively
cheap.:lol::lol::lol: I'll help you out as best as I can.:cool:

[quote name='Rodimus']I say yes, cause I know you love KOF 98'. Not only do you get a tweaked version full of new characters, new moves, challenges, art & movie galleries but It also comes with the orginal Neo Geo version and a bonus disk with wallpapers & movies. So yeah I think the $20 price tag is well worth it for any KOF fan. Hell I was sold when I saw the name Wolfgang Krauser.[/quote]

Wow, I didn't realize the game had all that stuff in it. I'll keep an eye on it for if/when it goes on sale @ amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back