General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
3481331931_6bccdbf842_b.jpg

Best birthday in awhile!

HOT WINGS

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So... am I the only one that likes MVC1 better?

P.S What happened to GGT?[/QUOTE]

MvC1's good too and Puma locked it.

MM doesnt trust banks, so he just has millions of dollars of cash laying in his house.

inflation is his biggest enemy and so is wind!

Not that I doubted ReRo on this, but it's really satisfying to see the MvC2 thing get "officially" acknowledged. I'm actually more excited about just fucking around in local multiplayer then I am about playing online, since I never attempted high-level play with this game - nevertheless, let's hope the online options lean more toward HD Remix and less toward SFIV!

On a different note, I just picked up SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS in the GameStop b2g1... never really played card games before, but I did like Phantom Dust... looking forward to trying this out!

P.S What happened to GGT?[/quote]

No. I'm still kinda stoked about MvC2 though. $15 is a good price... you guys better teach me how to play :lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']No. I'm still kinda stoked about MvC2 though. $15 is a good price... you guys better teach me how to play :lol:[/quote]
Alright good.

$15? Nooo. I'll get it at 10.

Happy b-day, Mark! Nothing wrong with hot wings. Or Dragon Quest on the DSi. But not both at the same time.

That SF Gallery is just over in Alhambra. There was also something about a tournament with a $35 entry fee.
Figures that someone made a naked Chun Li painting and sold it for near $2k.

Edit: Oh shits Meow Bison!

Kotaku has posted a side-by-side comparison of the old MvC2 graphics verses the new graphics. The new ones are WAY less pixelated than the old graphics, but they are a little blurry. Seems like a good way to do things if they aren't going the HD Remix route.

P.S What happened to GGT?[/quote]

MvC1? Bah. Who needs great balance and great music when you can have cool jazz and 56 playable characters*?

*Cool Jazz may not be very good, and only four of those 56 characters may be 'playable'.

[quote name='heavyd853']Why arent you ever in the FGT chatroom fool![/QUOTE]

....because I'm retarded with the internet. Why do you think I don't play on GGPO?

Also my thoughts on MVC2 droppin' for d/l:

-Prediction that HeavyD will ROM foo's up for FGT/Washington

-The game will be mad annoying to play online with lag. If you thought SFIV was annoying with some lag, I can't even imagine to pull off any high level shit in MVC2 with a bit of lag.

I may stick with my DC version.

If there's alot of lag I predict massive cable spam, since his ahvb semi infinite is wont really be affected as much by lag as say, ironman and sentinel's unfly shenanigans.

[quote name='BlueSwim']PlayStation blog's MvC2 trailer has different music than the normal one... MUCH BETTER!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/327/[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah they do! That's cuz it's Stan Bush's The Touch, as seen in the 1985 animated Transformers: The Movie! :bouncy:

Also, while everything is unlocked, I wonder if that includes the multiple same character unlock. Mah 3x Cable spamming will make noobs weep (and pros bitch about mah cheepness)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Also, while everything is unlocked, I wonder if that includes the multiple same character unlock. Mah 3x Cable spamming will make noobs weep (and pros bitch about mah cheepness)[/quote]

Was that in the DC version? Because I don't recall that being possible in either other platform OR the arcade.

[quote name='MarkMan']so so true

:)

MAHVEL[/quote]

it's cool. little known fact about ninja dog: I order the buffalo wings wherever I go, no matter what (unless I've eaten them there before and they sucked.)

[quote name='asianxcore']....because I'm retarded with the internet. Why do you think I don't play on GGPO?

Also my thoughts on MVC2 droppin' for d/l:

-Prediction that HeavyD will ROM foo's up for FGT/Washington

-The game will be mad annoying to play online with lag. If you thought SFIV was annoying with some lag, I can't even imagine to pull off any high level shit in MVC2 with a bit of lag.

I may stick with my DC version.[/quote]

Why DC version over this new one?

[quote name='GuardianE']Was that in the DC version? Because I don't recall that being possible in either other platform OR the arcade.[/quote]

All home versions, provided said character had the extra color unlock thing (their select box was shiny on the edges).

Daaaamn I can't wait.

[quote name='MarkMan']MarkMan fact... Tuesday is Chicken day.

Popeye's Chicken and Hooters all you can eat wings![/quote]

We don't get all of you can eat wings here. :(

[quote name='heavyd853']All home versions, provided said character had the extra color unlock thing (their select box was shiny on the edges).

Daaaamn I can't wait.[/quote]

Hmmm, my memory's fuzzy.

Do you guys think that MvC2 will be playable on the PSP also since it's a straight port like Street Fighter Alpha? I'd get it for the PS3 if that's the case.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Why DC version over this new one?[/QUOTE]

Mostly because the only reason I'd be buying the new version is for the online upgrade.

I don't care for playing a game like Marvel with massive amounts of lag. I'm perfectly fine with my offline DC version at the moment. I don't like lag period, but certain FG games with lag or the idea of lag just drive me insane. For example when I once tried to play CVS2 on a PS3, it drove me crazy. All the A-Groove CC's I hit with my eyes closed I would miss when running on a PS3.

SFHD was a completely overhaul, which is why I decided to drop the funds on it. I still have my CCC Vol. 2 for standard ST.

Can't wait for all the Ryu/Ken/Akuma teams online and all the ragequitting after getting ROM'ed and Snapped Out.

[quote name='heavyd853']If there's alot of lag I predict massive cable spam, since his ahvb semi infinite is wont really be affected as much by lag as say, ironman and sentinel's unfly shenanigans.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Sent's shit is going to be so hosed down by lag though.

Rocket...................................................punch

[quote name='depascal22']Do you guys think that MvC2 will be playable on the PSP also since it's a straight port like Street Fighter Alpha? I'd get it for the PS3 if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

SFA? Wasn't that a PSOne classic? That's the only way it'd work on the PSP as far as I know.

[quote name='zewone']I sort of wish they left the store in to have to "buy" characters.[/quote]

They'd get a ridiculous amount of backlash for that. Almost every review claimed that as a weak point in all the console releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back