General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']SFA? Wasn't that a PSOne classic? That's the only way it'd work on the PSP as far as I know.[/quote]

Well, this is the first PS2 game to get released on PSN so I wasn't sure if they might be able to get it onto the PSP as well. Not a deal breaker either way but it would've been a nice bonus.

[quote name='asianxcore']Mostly because the only reason I'd be buying the new version is for the online upgrade.

I don't care for playing a game like Marvel with massive amounts of lag. I'm perfectly fine with my offline DC version at the moment. I don't like lag period, but certain FG games with lag or the idea of lag just drive me insane. For example when I once tried to play CVS2 on a PS3, it drove me crazy. All the A-Groove CC's I hit with my eyes closed I would miss when running on a PS3.

SFHD was a completely overhaul, which is why I decided to drop the funds on it. I still have my CCC Vol. 2 for standard ST.

Can't wait for all the Ryu/Ken/Akuma teams online and all the ragequitting after getting ROM'ed and Snapped Out.

Very true. Sent's shit is going to be so hosed down by lag though.

Rocket...................................................punch[/quote]

You're saying it's going to lag even offline??

[quote name='PhrostByte']You're saying it's going to lag even offline??[/QUOTE]I believe he was just giving an example of PS2 games lagging when played on a PS3... so that lag wouldn't apply to a "fresh" port like MvC2. Does the PSN offer an equivalent of Xbox Originals?? Cuz I think that's the sort of thing he was talking about.

[quote name='MarkMan']O, see this?

It's starting.

:)

More coming.

CONNECTIVITY[/QUOTE]

O RLY?!

Looks like I'm gonna need to get a PSP again.

OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just woke up and just saw Tekken 6 on PSP..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy day!

:lol: is it sad that makes me more happy about it than the console release? I can finally play Tekken 6 on my way to college since i'm barely home.

EDIT: Anyone else notice Fate: Unlimited Codes is coming here as well on PSP but as digital downlaod only?

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009...-fate-unlimited-codes-to-us-as-psn-exclusive/

[quote name='BustaUppa']I believe he was just giving an example of PS2 games lagging when played on a PS3... so that lag wouldn't apply to a "fresh" port like MvC2. Does the PSN offer an equivalent of Xbox Originals?? Cuz I think that's the sort of thing he was talking about.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought the same thing.. but he says he's going to stick to his DC version.. just wondering what the point is?

I think the news PSP Tekken 6 has really made my day and it just started since I woke up so late... :)

yay! I now don't miss SFIV on PSP being canceled as much anymore... though I still wish it happened.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']It'd be awesome if a PSP user could play people on PSN![/quote]

from the looks of it, it's using an improved version of the Tekken DR PSP game engine, thus no online but support only for the ghost download.

I don't mind since I use the portable version more as practice for me to fine tune myself. I'm just curious how they're going to pull off the new character customization stuff...

As much as I love the DS, it fails as a fighting system. Jump: Superstars, Bleach:TBOF and DBZ:Supersonic Warriors just aren't enough. If I ever buy a PSP, it will be for the fighting games.

PSP has a lot of great cheap games. Easily worth it. Still going to go into RAGE mode if they release another PSP model this year with no UMD drive.

If the new PSP increases the battery life and has a legit way to transfer UMDs to a memory stick, I'll give it a serious look.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah, I thought the same thing.. but he says he's going to stick to his DC version.. just wondering what the point is?[/QUOTE]

A) I don't want to play MVC2 online with any sort of lag. The game is too execution heavy (like CVS2) to even be enjoyable for me with lag.

B) Like I mentioned in my previous post, this isn't a full upgrade like how SFHD was. SFHD was more than just a visual upgrade, which MVC2 DL might be.

C) I don't care enough to play MVC2 online when I have my crew/hommies to play with. Other than the slight visual upgrade, I have a feeling the online portion of MVC2 will be the only new addition to the game. Don't care to buy the game again just to play online.

D) Obviously the game is a nice way for Xbox and PS2 owners who didn't want to shell out high dollar amounts for inferior ports (to the DC version) to get an affordable version of MVC2 without having to get a DC or pull out a DC anytime they want to play. I'll admit convenience is nice, but I just don't care too much about getting everything on just one system.

DC version= No lag for me

That's the point (or at least one of them). Lag is annoying (as I attempted to explain regarding CVS2 PS2 on a PS3)

[quote name='BustaUppa']I believe he was just giving an example of PS2 games lagging when played on a PS3... so that lag wouldn't apply to a "fresh" port like MvC2.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could give you a prize

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it asianxcore.. why can't you just play this new game offline? No one is forcing you to play it online.

Oh.. nevermind, I see you don't want to buy it again.

Funny, there's been Fightsticks and fightpads sitting at my local goldmine game store for a couple weeks now. Seems like people only want the TE's now.

GG's to Mr. Beef. Lots of great matches. Your Rufus is coming along. Sorry I had to bail early, my girlfriend popped back on AIM and wanted to chat.

Apologies to Furashu and Esper15. I'm sure we will get games in again soon :)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Good games, axc. That Seth is just nasty. The only time I felt truly defeated was when you picked Ryu, though. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Which is odd. Mostly because (and we've talked about this in person) I don't play Shotos at all, save for N-Akuma in CVS2.

It's silly how intimidating Ryu is in SFIV with any sort of meter. Jab Shoryu into anything.

GGs to axc, your rushdown abel is crazy and i have nothing on your zone defense seth. Any tips axc on what to improve? I really need to work on my focus attacks more.

crouch and jab anytime he rolls, don't do stuff with alot of recovery or that is active for a significant amount of time.

[quote name='Esper']GGs to axc, your rushdown abel is crazy and i have nothing on your zone defense seth. Any tips axc on what to improve? I really need to work on my focus attacks more.[/quote]

grab that mofo on the roll.

jump up in the air cause abel's AA sucks!

if he does that combo just pretend to crouch and on the third hit just stand up and grab that guy.

after he rolls just jump back if he trys to command throw ur ass.

and any time u see that dam leg sweep just dash back then punish him!

i got my ass kicked by CPU abel... donno the matchup too well yet, but i do pretty well vs axc's seth buahaha

heavy we need to play.

I wasn't sure if it'd been posted here or not, and you all probably already know with your secret chat room, but BlazBlue Premium contents have been revealed:

• A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back