General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='B:L']What if players like controlling female characters, huh? If they like the way they play?

How terribly judgmental of you to look down on those who like to move women with their sticks. :booty:[/quote]

By all means then tell me the difference in KoF XII between those listed and the famed females that are missing?

RR I could only say a lapse in judgment.

I rarely ever use female characters in fighters so the lack of the X chromosome doesn't bother me personally. With that said they haven't announced all the console exclusive characters yet. I'm sure there'll be a couple more pairs of boobs for you guys to goggle at. I say just add Mai so it can shut you guys up :D

I don't get all the KOF XII hate. I think the game looks good.

Oh I am sure they will add the missing teams in later as content. The women fighting team will be in there, I don't care for them, since two of them are clones but eh. Hell just want them to add in House Geese, and a return of team NESTS would be nice.

yeah, i barely play female as well.

my problem is that most female characters never play the style I want to. probably the only exception I've seen for that is Leona, and even that's a (vaginal) stretch for me.

[quote name='LostRoad']Oh I am sure they will add the missing teams in later as content. The women fighting team will be in there, I don't care for them, since two of them are clones but eh. Hell just want them to add in House Geese, and a return of team NESTS would be nice.[/quote]

A team of Geese Rock and Kain would be suuuuuuper gross!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, i barely play female as well.

my problem is that most female characters never play the style I want to. probably the only exception I've seen for that is Leona, and even that's a (vaginal) stretch for me.[/QUOTE]

I have the opposite problem-- guys never play the way I like (speed, agility.) And when they do, they always look so femmy that I may as well pick the chicks. well, I guess most japanese designed dudes look a little femmy, even if it's just the hyper-stylized hair.

[quote name='Rodimus']I don't get all the KOF XII hate. I think the game looks good.[/quote]

It don't really look bad per say... but it definitely don't look like it belongs on HD consoles.

i hate when people think girls are fast and guys are slow.

i always played ling in tekken and people are like yeah she's fast! man she ain't fast. just look at the frames.

but yeah, people who play games just to look at hot chicks are lame.
that's why you just download the CG / youtube. who has time to mash buttons when they're mashing their sticks?

[quote name='kainzero']i hate when people think girls are fast and guys are slow.

i always played ling in tekken and people are like yeah she's fast! man she ain't fast. just look at the frames.

but yeah, people who play games just to look at hot chicks are lame.
that's why you just download the CG / youtube. who has time to mash buttons when they're mashing their sticks?[/quote]

i like to think fat players are slower... but when u play them theyre actually one of the fastests chars in the game!

except that giant dude from CvS2 with the big ass metal ball

I like using cheap characters/top tier.

But King is my favorite (In Tekken).

My chars/teams I used in tournaments...

Tekken 3 - Lei, King, Jin

Tekken Tag Tournament - P. Jack/Kuma, True Ogre/Bruce, Devil/Bruce, True Ogre/Ogre

Tekken 4 - Jin, King

Tekken 5.0 - Steve, King, Jack-5, Eddy, Ganryu

Tekken 5: DR - Eddy, Ganryu, King, Jack-5

Go weird combination of characters!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']The only characters I liked from the few times I played Tekken were the guys with unblockable moves (Devil Jin, True Ogre), and Kuma.[/quote]

so you like everyone...?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so you like everyone...?[/quote]
I meant the ones with projectiles. Whoops!

I beat some dude in TTT using Devil Jin/True Ogre, and he got pissed afterwards. I overheard him talking to his friend, "that's not even how you play the game, he's just using unblockables."

:bouncy:

[quote name='PhrostByte']It don't really look bad per say... but it definitely don't look like it belongs on HD consoles.[/quote]

I've been waiting to see the next generation of 2D games for what seems like forever. I commend SNK for taking a step in the right direction. I realize this 2D look isn't for everyone, but seriously would you rather want another 3D KOF?

SNK + 3D = fail

Keep in mind when I say "what looks better" I'm referring to the technical aspect and not your personal preference of a game/company/series

Guess I'm the only one that thinks KOFXIII looks superb in HD.

k charge characters are ridiculously fun in sfiv just started using rog and hes much easier to use with a 360 controller compared to 360 characters(not sure what u call non charge characters lol)
also fuck gouken

[quote name='Rodimus']Keep in mind when I say "what looks better" I'm referring to the technical aspect and not your personal preference of a game/company/series

Guess I'm the only one that thinks KOFXII looks superb in HD.[/QUOTE]

You're not, I think it looks fantastic too.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']k charge characters are ridiculously fun in sfiv just started using rog and hes much easier to use with a 360 controller compared to 360 characters(not sure what u call non charge characters lol)
also fuck gouken[/QUOTE]

I tend to call them circle characters.

I'm really bad at Tekken, but I want to get excited for Tekken 6. Can anyone recommend an online resource for a newbie to learn some basics? I have Tekken 5, but I never cracked it open.

I'm sure this has been covered, but are there supposed to be any more console versions of Tekken 6 coming out after the main game is released? Or if that happened, would the update just be released as a patch/DLC? Basically I'm just wondering if it's a "safe" buy for a casual Tekken person. I don't care to maintin like a historical archive of the series, I'll just wanna be playing the most current version.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm sure this has been covered, but are there supposed to be any more console versions of Tekken 6 coming out after the main game is released? Or if that happened, would the update just be released as a patch/DLC? Basically I'm just wondering if it's a "safe" buy for a casual Tekken person. I don't care to maintin like a historical archive of the series, I'll just wanna be playing the most current version.[/quote]

Historically, I don't remember there being multiple versions of the same Tekken on a console, unlike many other fighting game series.

true, I think I was just thinking about Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection... then again that was on two different systems. Of course you couldn't really update a PS2 game... this time around, I doubt they'd put the most current version on a portable system and leave the 360 in the dust.

[quote name='Rodimus']As opposed to what? What hand drawn 2D fighter looks better?[/quote]

Both of the SF's on Xbox 360.. even the old Guilty Gear.

i always called them quarter-circle characters, throw characters and charge characters.

also, KoFXII does look really pretty just the animation isn't that great. SF3 has better animation, although just purely aesthetically KoFXII looks much, much better. It looks about as good as STHD, with similar animation.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm really bad at Tekken, but I want to get excited for Tekken 6. Can anyone recommend an online resource for a newbie to learn some basics? I have Tekken 5, but I never cracked it open.[/quote]

Markman is sad you didn't check sdtekken.com for resource links and info. :cry:

And I'm wondering if I need to look for a GC adapter for my sticks or just try to find a decent GC stick?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Both of the SF's on Xbox 360.. even the old Guilty Gear.[/quote]

Not that this will change anyone's mind but I'll at least explain why I disagree.

SFIV - The graphics are 3D so it don't count.

SFIIHD - Still frames look great, but it suffers from the same stiff animation from 2 decades ago. CvS on NGPC has more fluid animation.

bison-sf2-irish.gif
bison-mini-stand.gif

Guilty Gear - Much the same with SFIIHD. The animation has never been the series forte.
ky-fullstance.gif
kimxi-stand.gif

SFIII - Probably the best animated 2D fighter ever, but if you put it on a HD TV you'll be in pixel utopia.

Kind of hard to rag on animation too much--there's definitely a cost factor in doing more frames, and of course it changes the balancing/performance of the game as well.

^ That's very true and I agree. But in a disscusion about "how a 2D fighter looks" animation is important. Now if it'll play as good as it looks? That's diffrent.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']i always called them quarter-circle characters, throw characters and charge characters.

also, KoFXII does look really pretty just the animation isn't that great. SF3 has better animation, although just purely aesthetically KoFXII looks much, much better. It looks about as good as STHD, with similar animation.[/quote]

I think out of SF2 Remix, SF3: TS, and KOFXII.. it goes like this:

Graphics, best to worst:
-SF2 Remix
-KOFXII
-SF3: TS

Animation, best to worst:
-SF3: TS
-KOFXII
-SF2 Remix

hmmmm

KOFXII animation isn't crazy like Guilty Gear or 3S...

It looks really good in person however, don't judge from vids you see online.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Alright, I was impatient and ordered a USB PCI card. 9.99 shipped on Buy.com isn't so bad I guess http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210941507&listingid=41215183&dcaid=17902
[/QUOTE]

:whee: The adapter came today! :whee: Threw it in my PC.... and Windows couldn't install it. After a couple hours googling stumbled on a random forum where someone mentioned that the cards are made pretty poorly, and don't seat right in the PCI slot. So, taking their advice, I gently filed down the board where the pins are... and it WORKED!

So if anyone needs a cheap PCI-USB adapter, this works, but might be a bit of work (I'd try it out first, then file if necessary). (should only be necessary if you have an nForce chipset on your mobo and want to use a PS3 stick on ur pc)

Bouncin through 3S, JoJo's, and Vampire Savior to try and learn the stick. Got qcfs down well, srk's decently, but hcf/b's and qcb's are shit for me. I don't seem to hit back, and stop at down-back.

[quote name='MarkMan']KOFXII animation isn't crazy like Guilty Gear or 3S...

It looks really good in person however, don't judge from vids you see online.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm?

Which Guilty gear?

Or do you just mean how well they draw the in between motion frames to make it look smooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back