General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a very subjective question and mostly depends on your preference but if you could only buy one game: Would you buy Blazblue or King of Fighters 12?

BlazBlue, hands down. I love KoF and all, but KoFXII honestly looks... well... I had hopes for it, but the more I see of it, the more it looks like a shitbomb. I'll still try it, don't get me wrong, but if I had to pick then it'd definitely be BlazBlue.

[quote name='danny8k']I know this is a very subjective question and mostly depends on your preference but if you could only buy one game: Would you buy Blazblue or King of Fighters 12?[/QUOTE]

BlazBlue... but I might also get KOF12 later down the line to complete my collection. :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm not going to answer lol[/QUOTE]

He pleads the hispanic 5th, just as I do.

KOF is at my gameworks now anyways, actually both games are!

Just so everyone knows, I haven't forgot about the contest. So far I have lined up for prizes 2 games, a few posters and a hand-drawn custom avatar from RelentlessRolento. I have 15 questions (Thanks Rod!) but am looking to expand it to 25.

The contest will only be open to FGT vets... sorry.

ALSO: Blazblue is nice. So far I'm digging Jin and Honman (sp?). The other characters are cool but I haven't sunk a whole lot of time into it so I don't know how to use them well. Will have to wait for console version. To those that are curious, it plays very similarly to Guilty Gear. It could easily be a sequel if it shared any characters.

To be honest, BB has always looked exactly like GG in terms of presentation where all the red stuff is now blue instead :lol:

I do know though that it plays different enough to be different.

and yeah, custom avatar and it dosnt have to be in my styles I'm use to ;)

[quote name='danny8k']I know this is a very subjective question and mostly depends on your preference but if you could only buy one game: Would you buy Blazblue or King of Fighters 12?[/QUOTE]
Blazblue, KOF 12 will inevitably have a sequel out sooner, and with Mai.

[quote name='Rodimus']If I were to pick one it would be KOF. But I'm fortunate enough to have the funds to get both games.[/QUOTE]

Really? What's your reasoning behind it? Do you like the KoF series better or...?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']You. Don't worry ;)[/QUOTE]

Score.

[quote name='MarkMan']lol at BB looking exactly like GG in terms of presentation...
[/QUOTE]

Hey, you've had the game for what? months? me? not even.

my judgment is obviously limited lol

[quote name='distgfx']Really? What's your reasoning behind it? Do you like the KoF series better or...?[/QUOTE]

No other reason than I'm a big KOF fan. I own every KOF game (except the Kyo RPG) so I can't possibly pass this up. But we'll see which I play more when I get my hands on em'

Totally forgot Blazblue was coming out this week. Luckily, I put down my pre-order at GS a couple weeks ago.

Good thing I get paid this week. Last couple weeks have been too expensive.

So one more day till BB, super hyped here. Here is a little recap of all the hype leading up to the release.

HD Intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-5GcpnLAE&feature=pyv&ad=4501430885&kw=blazblue

Harry Chang at Comic Con this year. Lots of love since most companies forget the east cost even exists. ( God I need to move back to cali :cry: )

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ny-comic-con-blazblue-calamity/45459

What is Drive? The music here just screams hype.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i1pR3TbnyE

The man himself speaks on his baby. Toshimichi Mori

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/designer-interview-blazblue-calamity/46412

Some HD game play goodness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi8RL-AFpM

If you can watch this little tidbit that is posted up and still not get excited for this game, check your pulse!

Blazblue is the shit, believe!

WEEK 2: Ganryu VS King!

June 29, 2009

GameTrailers has put up the second batch of vids for the Weekly Versus Series Tournament, which pits TEKKEN 6 characters against each other. This new round of the tournament features a pair of brutal wrestlers! Ganryu vs King! Check ‘em out below!

Who do you want to win!? Vote by sharing! Choose your winner by clicking and watching below!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-ganryu-tekken-6/51915?fbid=r8KZCti0axcGANRYU
z_ganryu1.gif

[quote name='kainzero']quick question to anyone who has tatsunoko... what's the fastest way to unlock characters in that game?[/QUOTE]
you can just download the information on an SD card and unlock it that way.

As much as I love KOF 98 I think I'm gonna pass since I already own the PS2 version. I don't think the online community is enough to justify a purchase.

Is it safe to assume GS will have their copies of Blazblue in by Thursday?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just got a call from Ashley The Robot from GS, letting me know that the game will be in by Tuesday afternoon.

Definitely know what I'm doing on my day off on Wednesday :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey I've been going through all my PS1 discs and ripping mp3's from the ones that have audio tracks on them. What's this song on the Tekken 3 disc? I've been going all OCD with the tagging, so I'm trying to get accurate track info whenever I can help it!

Also if anyone happens to know the track listing for Star Gladiator feel free to hook a brother up with the info!

I feel like the only person around here who pretty much could care less about BlazBlue. With the exception of Tekken 6, I can't really get into any of these new games.

[quote name='djbooba']I feel like the only person around here who pretty much could care less about BlazBlue. With the exception of Tekken 6, I can't really get into any of these new games.[/QUOTE]

I was never really interested in it either.. I don't know much about it besides that it's going to be an HD current generation spiritual successor to Guilty Gear. The videos of it look real good and a lot of people here are hyped about it.. so I figured I'd check it out. I don't know anything about the characters or the story but the surprise will just be another part of the fun. I'll probably never be good at it.. but hopefully it'll hold me over until Tekken 6 comes out!

Anyone else in the NewEgg SFIV tournament? My first matc h is on July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back