General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']I'm still at work... so yea... I fail. PASS.[/QUOTE]

At least you didn't trudge through traffic just to not find any parking.

New Costume! Believe It!

Check out the latest costume design to be included in the console version of TEKKEN 6! Lars Alexandersson has a special outfit designed by famed mangaka, Masashi Kishimoto of Naruto fame. Check out the full image by clicking below! (Thanks Oichi!)

Lars Alexandersson Console Costume

Click image for larger size.

I need help.. w/ SFIITHD remix... I feel like I'm at a road block and I'm not getting better. Especially when it comes to coming up and defending against patterns. What do you guys do for practice?

cantbelieveit.png

[quote name='Thomas96']I need help.. w/ SFIITHD remix... I feel like I'm at a road block and I'm not getting better. Especially when it comes to coming up and defending against patterns. What do you guys do for practice?[/QUOTE]
You can always play against me whenever I'm online. I too am struggling (trying to figure out how to beat Akuma players), but I can always help you train and what not.

Simply put, all you have to do is practice. Practice reacting to certain approaches and moves. Practice your own combinations. Really, once you have a good level of execution, then you can move on to better decision making. Sure there are times throughout the game where it becomes 50/50 and you have to guess. But making the right guess is a little easier once you try to read the opponent's mind. Just don't go throwing out random moves expecting the other person to be hit by them.

Just hit me up anytime on PSN, I'll be more than happy to play a couple games.

last nite, to sum it up, there was alot of drinking and alot of drinking:drool: for those that didnt go to the shadaloo lounge

[quote name='option.iv']You can always play against me whenever I'm online. I too am struggling (trying to figure out how to beat Akuma players), but I can always help you train and what not.

Simply put, all you have to do is practice. Practice reacting to certain approaches and moves. Practice your own combinations. Really, once you have a good level of execution, then you can move on to better decision making. Sure there are times throughout the game where it becomes 50/50 and you have to guess. But making the right guess is a little easier once you try to read the opponent's mind. Just don't go throwing out random moves expecting the other person to be hit by them.

Just hit me up anytime on PSN, I'll be more than happy to play a couple games.[/QUOTE]
Seconded.
Play more. A lot of it is gaining intuition and reading your opponent. When you play enough you'll see patterns and tells emerge. If you're really saucy you can record your own matches and see if you're getting predictable or throwing out things with too much risk.

Last I checked option.iv's Chun was on par if not a lot better than my Ken. That was like 7-8 months ago though, and I haven't played as much since so I bet he's like super skilled now.

To JEKKI / Markman, hey, you guys got space in your room for Evo? I'd only be staying one night, Saturday night so yeah.

if team CAG is willing to fit a supposed 6th person in for a single nite I dont mind...

altho I still havent received real confirmation who will be attending.

anyways... dont forget I Got Next premieres today!!!

there may also be another live stream this weekend, SBO quals at UFO... check SRK for details

I'm sure that once the community gets its hands on this game, the true test of balancing will begin and issues I might have missed might come to the surface.
This is, without a doubt, prolly the most competent thing I have ever read in a professional game review for a fighting game

[quote name='JEKKI']BBBQ

the extra B is not a typo, it stands for Born ready.[/QUOTE]
i quoted you because this has nothing to do with it

but let me know about the evo room as soon as you can!
i can even confirm now!
yay!

dood joe! go to BBBQ tomorrow! it's in torrance!

the extra B was a typo btw... it was supposed to be a J for joe.

if u want my confirmation, I say yes u are welcome. I am completely new to this and if there are any mistakes to learn from I may as well make them now.

Hello to the FGT - distgfx talks about you guys a lot so I thought I'd visit. My start is in MB, then moved to MB.ReAct and as of late have been playing HDR. Looking forward to BB quite a bit ^^

Hello everyone - I'm Jaide :p

[quote name='depascal22']Is that the same video they used to bash McCain during the election?[/QUOTE]

That video's been used so much, I don't even know the original version of it anymore. Yet, I still find it hilarious.

[quote name='jaideam']Hello to the FGT - distgfx talks about you guys a lot so I thought I'd visit. My start is in MB, then moved to MB.ReAct and as of late have been playing HDR. Looking forward to BB quite a bit ^^

Hello everyone - I'm Jaide :p[/QUOTE]

About time you showed up. :lol:

Hey yo Jekki, I may have downgraded to just myself... although I still don't have a plane ticket, I plan on getting one very very soon.

Talk to you about it soon.

Hey jaede, nice to see you around here. You'll find some good comp in here for HDR. Some better than I am.

Also, wouldn't Hitler be so into Akatsuki Blitzkampf? Afterall, that game is set to a Nazi ruling alternate reality.

[quote name='distgfx']That video's been used so much, I don't even know the original version of it anymore. Yet, I still find it hilarious.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's even funnier because it makes me think of McCain and BlazBlue at the same time!

Can't wait for BlazBlue and KOF XII. I still don't know which system I'm getting them for though. I'm leaning toward PS3 for both just because it seems that my PS3 has a better connection than my lagtastic 360.

[quote name='depascal22']Same here. It's even funnier because it makes me think of McCain and BlazBlue at the same time!

Can't wait for BlazBlue and KOF XII. I still don't know which system I'm getting them for though. I'm leaning toward PS3 for both just because it seems that my PS3 has a better connection than my lagtastic 360.[/QUOTE]

PS3? Then I shall see you online my friend.

Probably won't get them at release though. I'll pick them up on Goozex when they get dumped back into the system for not being like Street Fighter IV.

[quote name='jaideam']Hello to the FGT - distgfx talks about you guys a lot so I thought I'd visit. My start is in MB, then moved to MB.ReAct and as of late have been playing HDR. Looking forward to BB quite a bit ^^

Hello everyone - I'm Jaide :p[/QUOTE]

Hi. I thought you user title was some gunk on my monitor and I tried to scratch it off. :\

Does anybody know where I can read about the single-player modes of BlazBlue in-depth? I know it has Story mode(with three branching paths), Arcade mode(DUH!) & Score Attack(Also, DUH!), but what else does it have?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LostRoad']Rod did you get MB for the PS2 or PC? Thinking about the PC version since this game loves patches.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't own it. I've been thinking about getting the PS2 version. My friend has it for PC and we just hook up a PS3 controller to play.

For some reason I've been avoiding this thread along with most of general gaming! Extremely excited for Blazblue, but I'm a little torn on what to do.

Street Fighter IV has been an unfortunate mess for me, playing online on the PS3 has always been such a hassle and is tough to find anyone to play locally. I'm leaning towards actually moving all my fighting games to the 360 for Xbox Live, since its not getting used for anything else. That would entail buying new controllers, purchasing a Xbox Live subscription, repurchasing Street Fighter IV and trying to ignore the fact that my 360 sounds like a failing jet engine on my desk.

[quote name='helmet']For some reason I've been avoiding this thread along with most of general gaming! Extremely excited for Blazblue, but I'm a little torn on what to do.

Street Fighter IV has been an unfortunate mess for me, playing online on the PS3 has always been such a hassle and is tough to find anyone to play locally. I'm leaning towards actually moving all my fighting games to the 360 for Xbox Live, since its not getting used for anything else. That would entail buying new controllers, purchasing a Xbox Live subscription, repurchasing Street Fighter IV and trying to ignore the fact that my 360 sounds like a failing jet engine on my desk.[/QUOTE]

So... then just stick with your PS3? What problems are you having?

[quote name='option.iv']You can always play against me whenever I'm online. I too am struggling (trying to figure out how to beat Akuma players), but I can always help you train and what not.

Just hit me up anytime on PSN, I'll be more than happy to play a couple games.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

[quote name='distgfx']So... then just stick with your PS3? What problems are you having?[/QUOTE]

Connecting to/finding games, even with my PS3 in the DMZ. Maybe its just Street Fighter IV, but the problem has become not being able to actually play against anyone online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='helmet']Connecting to/finding games, even with my PS3 in the DMZ. Maybe its just Street Fighter IV, but the problem has become not being able to actually play against anyone online. XD[/QUOTE]

Could also be them since it's all P2P, but regardless, sorry to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back