General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JEKKI']it's all good joe joe bizarre.

I was jus gonna roll up in there badgeless until someone tells me I cant go somewhere lol

I dont need a badge to enter SF4 tourney right?!?![/QUOTE]
yeah you do.
you need a badge to enter console gaming room.

badges pay for my budget--TVs/games/controllers/cables/etc/space. there's no venue fee for the tournament, see?

i can sneak you in but i'd rather not, on the principle of things

[quote name='MarkMan']Eff aksys, im gonna stomp harry's head in[/QUOTE]
let's just say you're not the only one that wants to. =D

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Not really. Fun is fun, dawg.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but ugly game is ugly, bro. :\

At this point.. I refuse to buy low-res rehashes of games for my HD console that I play on my HD TV. (Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Mega Man 9 are exceptions.) :lol:

ahhh! it's $50 for 2 days!!

you're killing me Larry!!

sit n sleep beats anyone's advertised mattress price becoz admission to AX is not freeeeeee~!!

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah but ugly game is ugly, bro. :\

At this point.. I refuse to buy low-res rehashes of games for my HD console that I play on my HD TV. (Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Mega Man 9 are exceptions.) :lol:[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:|

[quote name='MarkMan']You can't transfer the data onto it, it's locked to the HDD, you have to create a new profile on the memory card and unlock from there... Yea you only need one memory card.

Also, if there's no TVs that are open, is there any opportunity to have another company come in/bring in equipment for an upcoming title? (Kinda last minute, I know... but let me know and I'll have them contact you)...[/QUOTE]

You should be able to move your profile into the memory card, right? I know that this works in order to make saved games accessible. It doesn't allow you to copy, but it should allow you to move.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I just feel like the developers don't try hard enough. They know that the super devoted fans are gonna buy it anyway so they throw on a filter, add online, and release it. For someone like me, a semi-hardcore fighting game player, but not fully at the hardcore level, that's the difference between a purchase and a "meh".

Garou... hmm... I've barely touched my DC version since I got it, so I may as well stick with that.
Now that I'm on the subject - what's a good, trusted PS1->DC controller converter? I know it's been discussed here before, but my DC was busted at the time so I wasn't paying attention :p

Garou being online is my selling point. Yeah SFIIHD is nice looking but IMHO Garou is more fun, yep I said it.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I just feel like the developers don't try hard enough. They know that the super devoted fans are gonna buy it anyway so they throw on a filter, add online, and release it.[/QUOTE]

Most XBLA titles are like this, why pick on Garou? Some don't even have online...Soul Calibur anyone? At least SNK had the sense to release one of their best games ever instead of dumping another FFS Special in our laps. And only $10 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JEKKI']ahhh! it's $50 for 2 days!!

you're killing me Larry!!

sit n sleep beats anyone's advertised mattress price becoz admission to AX is not freeeeeee~!![/QUOTE]
yeah i know. it's ridiculous. if you let me know earlier (like last month earlier) then i could've gotten you a free pass.

i kinda have to enforce the pass thing for tournaments because it'd be messed up if people didn't have a pass and won a prize.

... but if you want to just go for open play i can let you in. and arcade doesn't require a pass, iirc. but this year it closes at 11pm.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I just feel like the developers don't try hard enough. They know that the super devoted fans are gonna buy it anyway so they throw on a filter, add online, and release it. For someone like me, a semi-hardcore fighting game player, but not fully at the hardcore level, that's the difference between a purchase and a "meh".[/QUOTE]
I guess.

I've never really cared about graphics, so Garou not getting a graphical upgrade doesn't bug me in the least.

[quote name='kainzero']yeah i know. it's ridiculous. if you let me know earlier (like last month earlier) then i could've gotten you a free pass.

i kinda have to enforce the pass thing for tournaments because it'd be messed up if people didn't have a pass and won a prize.

... but if you want to just go for open play i can let you in. and arcade doesn't require a pass, iirc. but this year it closes at 11pm.[/QUOTE]

What time do the tournaments start?

If I can sneak out of work early Thursday, I miiight be able to make it for Soul Calibur 4.

Any confirmation whether 360 sticks will be provided?

[quote name='B:L']What time do the tournaments start?

If I can sneak out of work early Thursday, I miiight be able to make it for Soul Calibur 4.

Any confirmation whether 360 sticks will be provided?[/QUOTE]
http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=11349&st=0

6pm.
I'll have my sticks up to be borrowed for tournament time, which is basically a TE and a HORI EX2.

I have my doubts on the HORI, I think it's getting sluggish because of all the ragesmashing I did on it.

I recommend you bring your own if you have one, my TE has been known to have a finicky start button that requires me to open it up and shove the QD in tighter. Who knows what else could happen?

Mr.Beef: Nah, this is the first year BYOC allowed. Last year Aksys allowed it for their GG tourney.

[quote name='Rodimus']Garou being online is my selling point. Yeah SFIIHD is nice looking but IMHO Garou is more fun, yep I said it.

Most XBLA titles are like this, why pick on Garou? Some don't even have online...Soul Calibur anyone? At least SNK had the sense to release one of their best games ever instead of dumping another FFS Special in our laps. And only $10 too.[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't get Soul Calibur either. I was just talking about Garou since it's coming soon.

Unfortunatly I bought SC without doing any research just asuming it had online. That learned me good. But yeah, an easy 200 nerd points.

^ I'm not a freak about them but if it's a game I really like then I try to do as many as I can, just for the extra challenge. It's for nobody but myself.

Okay, so I get home from work about a half hour ago. GF is at my place just hanging out. She brings me one of my SE sticks for the 360 and says its broken. Now the damn thing was working just fine when I left for work, but sure enough the A button is dead, and the stick its self feels like something you would find in a sfiv arcade cab right now, very very loose. She told me she did play some sf, but tell me how the hell does a 110p girl fucking rage so hard to brake it after one play though :wall:. Bla whatever

I have to agree with Phrost, not saying MotW wont be fun, and I highly recomend it to everyone who doesn't already have it on the DC or PS2, but for me with just having added online play Im in no hurry to get it, if ever. Hell even passed on HD remix. Time is just a factor for me and with games like BB coming out next week, KoF after that, and T6 just around the corner. On top of other games I would like to try and play at some point, just don't see a reason to buy a dd copy of a game I have had since 01.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ I'm not a freak about them but if it's a game I really like then I try to do as many as I can, just for the extra challenge. It's for nobody but myself.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I dont care about achievements by any means...

unless the game is Outrun. I love Outrun.

but this has got to be the greatest achievement ever...

415807D5-00000011.png

I have no idea what it's for btw... all I kno is that it's awesome and I want it!!!

if only xbox let u get achievements over and over again, I would make it my morning routine to get jus that one

and in the evening I would get this one:

415807D5-0000001F.png

They don't look to bad, only one of them seems like you would have to get someone to help you.

49. Words Hurt Too
Let your opponent get a 5,000 hit-point lead on you, then taunt you. 30 G
Event [SECRET]

That ones just a little random. Also wonder about

31. Duh Dun DUNNN! [STORY]
Saw the True Ending. 30 G [SECRET]

I wonder who ending is the true one.

[quote name='gunm']Cool, Amazon opened pre-orders for the T6 Wireless Stick bundle.

I canceled my GS order and went with them.[/QUOTE]

Nice, pre-ordered both the PS3 and 360 bundle. Damn you Tekken and MM for getting me into it!

[quote name='B:L']
415807D5-00000018.png

Oh my god they had fun with their achievements.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I completely missed the reference to that meme. :lol:

[quote name='B:L']
415807D5-00000018.png

Oh my god they had fun with their achievements.[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I haven't been doing anything fighting game-related lately other than a few rounds of Tekken 5, but I wanted to post these two words, nonetheless...

Eerie Cuties

It's a vampire comedy by Giz of Menage a 3. Oh yeah...IT'S IN COLOR!!!:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oh gawd BSwim... >_< I'm being forced into another comic I will want to read :lol:[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::lol:

The bad thing about EC is that it makes me want a full-color Ma3 even more than I already do. The artwork is freaking gorgeous in color.

Any one else hear about Kai Ramond challenging east cost to money matches this year? East coast being Wong, Arturo , Joe, Sanford and Marn. Kinda crazy, but I think he would beat them all save for Wong and Joe.

MotW online is AWFUL. Do not buy the game just for the online play, if that's what you were planning. Was playing for like an hour on my bro's box and it was hella annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back