General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

hankmecrankme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
pbf071-weeaboo.gif

I bought the Last Remnant on Steam yesterday for $10. I'mma play that shit later. If it sucks, whatev, only paid $10. Cheaper than going out to eat, unless you hit T Bell or some shit.

Started playing M&L:SS1 yesterday, and got to try the Advanced versions of the beginning Bros. Attacks. I know they're "advanced," but the timing is bonkers!

[quote name='Azumangaman']I think I'll be tossing U2, Brutal Legend, Tekken 6 and NHL 10 for 160 in credit so I can get DJ Hero and some movies.[/QUOTE]

:dunce:

[quote name='dallow']How did I miss this?
http://www.amazon.com/Data-East-Arc..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261172529&sr=8-1

$20 MSRP? Sold. Side Pocket and Heavy Barrel here I come.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I missed that too. Thanks for the link.

I just wish I could somehow play Punk Shot on a console. I got excited when I saw Street Hoop then realized it wasn't the same thing :cry:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']:dunce:
[/QUOTE]
Haha, it already went down to $30 new up here, and I trade it in for $40. So if I ever get the itch to play it again, I can always get it cheap. I don't really play fighters that aren't BlazBlue nowadays.

bad dudes would be the only thing on there I would be half interested in, I think.

when i think data east, i think of karnov, for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been having fun playing Army of Two thus far. Just one more mission to beat the campaign on normal. Really looking forward to the second game.

So I won a $25 target gift card at work - sweet.

I dunno what to use it on..

I was wrong about the japanese name thing. I don't like it, but whatever. I worded it the absolute worst way possible. I think i just don't like the persona games, cause I fall asleep while playing them, japanese names or not.

I played that Undead Knights demo - that game is really fun, I want more, but for a lot less price.

Getting set to go to a Christmas party. I hope the egg nog is spiked.

Gonna try and finally beat Eternal Sonata this weekend. I tried to take on the boss earlier today, but he kicked my ass. Guess I need to grind a little more. Bleh.

Anyone tried the MGS Peace Walker demo yet?

i played it this morning - it's a good game, and it looks really great, but those PSP controls are awful. It really should be a PSN or PS2 game. I won't play another PSP game that shoehorns aiming/camera controls onto the face buttons. Period.

Also - PSP games don't sell. Fact.

[quote name='dallow']How did I miss this?
http://www.amazon.com/Data-East-Arc..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261172529&sr=8-1

$20 MSRP? Sold. Side Pocket and Heavy Barrel here I come.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='benjamouth']I wonder what the chances are of it coming out on 360, here's hoping :pray:[/QUOTE]

That sounds cool in theory! In reality, I don't think those games aged too well for me. :p

But if there's a 360 version w/cheesemints...

I've been playing AssCreed2 and I'm enjoying it so far.

More random thoughts!

I'm on vacation for the rest of the year in less than an hour! :whee:

And my buddy from the mainland moved back to Hawaii! :whee:

We might be playin' some Borderlands tonight...

Platinumed AC2 this morning. Anyone know if something happens if you get the synchronization up to 100 percent? I'm at like 87 I believe.

[quote name='diddy310']Platinumed AC2 this morning. Anyone know if something happens if you get the synchronization up to 100 percent? I'm at like 87 I believe.[/QUOTE]

The opposite of what happened to Hank (see post above yours).

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Tonight I played Mack On Chicks At Buffalo Wild Wings. Since I'm sitting at home playing Tekken 6, you know how that game went.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Buffalo Wild Wings, theres gotta be better choices than that.

Also, drinking + MW2 is more frustrating then normal.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Lol. Buffalo Wild Wings, theres gotta be better choices than that.

Also, drinking + MW2 is more frustrating then normal.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's where we were eating, and I'm not macking at Target. ;)

I wasn't really macking though, since the bitch that was waiting on us vanished for 15 minutes, so we had to go get our drinks refilled ourselves. :bomb:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Well, that's where we were eating, and I'm not macking at Target. ;)

I wasn't really macking though, since the bitch that was waiting on us vanished for 15 minutes, so we had to go get our drinks refilled ourselves. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
A real man macks at Kmart.

Also, I played NSMB WIi tonight and it was freaking awesome. Multiplayer really makes it fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueScrote']Lol. Buffalo Wild Wings, theres gotta be better choices than that.

Also, drinking + MW2 is more frustrating then normal.[/QUOTE]

You play on 360 or PS3?

Hrm, looked around online and apparently you can't get to 100 percent Synched in AC2 in the US. Well, you can, but you need to have bought both the Master Assassin's Edition for the 2 bonus levels in that, and the regular version of the game from Best Buy that has a level called Shipwrecked. Otherwise you can only get to 99.2 percent.

If there is anyone uppins that played KOTOR on the PC .. is there a known glitch of not being able to move or am I maybe just doing something wrong? I'm in the opening part of the game and I would sometimes just be stuck and I couldnt move. If I switched to Trisk and then switched back to my character I'd be ok but now Trisk has seperated from my group and I'm on my own and I'm just stuck.

[quote name='Maklershed']Double post: Man am I glad I tried that Bayonetta demo. I almost used my $40 Amazon credit on that piece of shit. :lol:[/QUOTE]

OTTers once again showing their shitty taste in games.

[quote name='Maklershed']Double post: Man am I glad I tried that Bayonetta demo. I almost used my $40 Amazon credit on that piece of shit. :lol:[/QUOTE]

This, hated the demo, I'll consider getting it when it

I really really really hate the powerbrick on the 360.
And why is the orange light on it so bright? Why is there a light on it at all?

:grabs electrical tape:

[quote name='dallow']Dang y'all suck. ;)[/QUOTE]

You can't expect people who aren't a fan of the DMC-esque genre to be into Bayonetta... it's a very niche demographic. The only exception here is maklershed. In theory, if you like God of War and you like Ninja Gaiden, you should dig DMC and Bayonetta. :whistle2:?

I tried Bayonetta but I'm not sure what to think about it. I'll give the Demo another shot and play the tutorial this time. I'll probably just wait for a deal on the game. If Sega released this last month I would have probably picked it up. But now I kind of want to get Dante's Inferno...

the back of an entertainment unit?

Bayonetta demo is soo good, I've played it like 3 times ont he JP PSN demo, another 3-4 on the 360 US demo, and then again twice thru the US PSN demo.

The US PSN demo is significantly cleaned up from the JPN one - Runs and looks a lot closer to the 360 one. It's still got a few hitches and a little washed out, but it's not very noticeable at all, unless you're looking.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']you play on 360 or ps3?[/quote]

:360:. If I play shooters for too long on the DS3 my hands start to cramp.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You can't expect people who aren't a fan of the DMC-esque genre to be into Bayonetta... it's a very niche demographic. The only exception here is maklershed. In theory, if you like God of War and you like Ninja Gaiden, you should dig DMC and Bayonetta. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
Mak's correct. The DMC4/Bayonetta demos were not fun at all. God of War, Ninja Gaiden, and Dante's Inferno are enough for me.

Damn too many games are coming out with in the next few months... Splinter Cell(Thankfully we are getting a demo), Heavy Rain, Dante's Inferno, God of War 3(I kind of want that limited edition...but without that box), FF13, Bioshock 2 and a few other games I forgot about.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Mak's correct. The DMC4/Bayonetta demos were not fun at all. God of War, Ninja Gaiden, and Dante's Inferno are enough for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you can like some and not the others, but hey, if that's your thing...

[quote name='BlueScrote']:360:. If I play shooters for too long on the DS3 my hands start to cramp.[/QUOTE]

I'd say if you were playing on PS3 to add me and we could suck together...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Mak's correct. The DMC4/Bayonetta demos were not fun at all. God of War, Ninja Gaiden, and Dante's Inferno are enough for me.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I didn't like the DMC4 demo either. I think the genre has been done and it just feels old. I still don't feel that games (as a whole) have reached a suitable level yet and sticking with the same recipe is doing nothing for the industry. Japanese developers tend to be cocky in thinking that the proper game formula has already been met, which tends to equate to Japanese games constantly reusing (overused) mechanics.

I absolutely loved the Bayonetta demo... I had assumed everyone else would as well. Kinda weird that people would be a fan of the modern 3D action game and not dig it, but whatever. Not like I developed the game.

Dante's Inferno demo I thought was great too... really looking forward to that. Been on my radar since it was announced, and I really dug the demo.

bread's done
Back