General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

The demo I saw at E3 put Dante's in a much more appealing light... the PSN demo seemed way too much like a ripoff of God of War. I'm still going to be watching for it - but not as much as post E3.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not sure how you can like some and not the others, but hey, if that's your thing... [/QUOTE]
Don't care for the shooting in my brawler and the controls weren't great either. It shouldn't be that hard to see that the DMC style of game is different than something like God of War or Ninja Gaiden and that people can find one more to their liking than the other.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You can't expect people who aren't a fan of the DMC-esque genre to be into Bayonetta... it's a very niche demographic. The only exception here is maklershed. In theory, if you like God of War and you like Ninja Gaiden, you should dig DMC and Bayonetta. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

A very niche demographic with games that routinely sell above 500k. but I agree, if you like Dante's Inferno, but didn't think Bayonetta was fun, you probably have brain aids. DI somehow beats God of War in the "most meaningless and vanilla combat system ever" category.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
Yea, I didn't like the DMC4 demo either. I think the genre has been done and it just feels old. I still don't feel that games (as a whole) have reached a suitable level yet and sticking with the same recipe is doing nothing for the industry. Japanese developers tend to be cocky in thinking that the proper game formula has already been met, which tends to equate to Japanese games constantly reusing (overused) mechanics.[/quote]

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
The demo I saw at E3 put Dante's in a much more appealing light... the PSN demo seemed way too much like a ripoff of God of War. I'm still going to be watching for it - but not as much as post E3.
[/quote]

omfg.... so Japanese developers of action games are doing nothing for the genre (despite that it's pretty much unanimously agreed on that Bayonetta completely raises the bar), while Dante's Inferno, a game that's a complete carbon copy of another completely mundane action game is something to watch out for? :lol:

QTEs = the future of action games.

Oh wait, but Bayonetta has a mode that allows you to play through the whole game with QTEs. So I guess GoW and DI are still a step behind.

I just crushed DI for ripping off GoW. And that lowered my expectations - the behind closed doors E3 demo I saw, was much better than the demo that was released to the public. That is why I'm still watching out for it, because I what I played and what I saw were really different.

Bayonetta does iterate on some gameplay mechanics, but it still follows (from what I played) a similar level layout and combat scenarios as DMC, Ninja Gaiden ect. I just did not feel for the demo - I'm still interested in the full game. Just not sure yet.

that's the good thing about action games. they could take place in a box with gray walls and they'd still be fun. it's about the combat. i could go through with all the things that are new and interesting in bayonetta, but i'm guessing it'll fall on deaf ears.

meanwhile the GOW3 demo really truly is the exact same game as GOW 1 and GOW 2, with the same move sets, weapons, and QTES, but it's got nicer graphics now, so it's the most amazing thing ever. :lol

Yea, but GoW is not a new IP. That is what makes GoW good - is being GoW.

I don't even know what we are arguing. I barely played Bayonetta and thought the demo was ok. If it is good I'll eventually get it.

[quote name='ninja dog']OTTers once again showing their shitty taste in games.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. How can you like video games and not like Bayonetta? Maybe if you didn't like action games AT ALL, but I didn't think that was possible.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, but GoW is not a new IP. That is what makes GoW good - is being GoW.
[/QUOTE]

This isn't even a thing what is this

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You can't expect people who aren't a fan of the DMC-esque genre to be into Bayonetta... it's a very niche demographic. The only exception here is maklershed. In theory, if you like God of War and you like Ninja Gaiden, you should dig DMC and Bayonetta. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

The controls are shitty, the graphics are terrible, and for the majority of combats enemies kept blocking my view of what was going on. Of course I only think all of this cause I post in the OTT. :lol:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Seriously. How can you like video games and not like Bayonetta? Maybe if you didn't like action games AT ALL, but I didn't think that was possible.[/QUOTE]

This is what I think about the people who say they don't like MW2.

strangely enough, it might not be "shooting" in the "i have a gun" sense... but dante likes to shoot crosses at shit. and that seems to be a core mechanic, unlike the projectile type magic of the god of war series.

--

ninja dog, GOW3 is not a new IP -- the series is well defined. people want the same thing they've come to expect as fans of these games with cool new upgrades or powers and new scenery to see and puzzles to solve. GOW3 will deliver on all those aspects and probably through a new twist in here or there.

bayonetta on the other hand, you can take risks -- it's a new IP from the creator of DMC... expecting similar gameplay, but it's definitely acceptable here to expect a few risks. :)

[quote name='Maklershed']Of course I only think all of this cause I post in the OTT. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you post in the GGT as well Mak, which means.....and I hate to say this.....you probably like the anime chicks with dicks to, amirite ?

:whistle2:#

[quote name='Maklershed']This is what I think about the people who say they don't like MW2.[/QUOTE]
I don't like MW2, but then I don't like FPS games so it makes sense. You still like action games, so it's boggling my mind.

Don't let a Dynasty Warriors fan tell you that you don't have taste, Mak.

The crosses aren't a shooting mechanic in any sense, they're an adding melee mechanic beyond heavy and light attacks that has a bit more range.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Don't let a Dynasty Warriors fan tell you that you don't have taste, Mak.

The crosses aren't a shooting mechanic in any sense, they're an adding melee mechanic beyond heavy and light attacks that has a bit more range.[/QUOTE]

Yes, shooting projectile crosses at things way out of my range, like the bat demons after you get the cross in the demo... that's not shooting at all. :lol:

Dante's pistols aren't really projectiles in that line of thinking then anyway, since they add a juggling mechanic to the melee and branch out your available combat trees. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes, shooting projectile crosses at things way out of my range, like the bat demons after you get the cross in the demo... that's not shooting at all. :lol:

Dante's pistols aren't really projectiles in that line of thinking then anyway, since they add a juggling mechanic to the melee and branch out your available combat trees. ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for confirming what I said, which was that they were very different. Shooting in DMC is a juggling mechanic, so when the crosses don't have that kind of result, how are they in any way similar?

Everyone's having a retarded argument. Whatever happened to Moxio?

Hey guys, I'm FINALLY connected to Live again. For the first time in months.

[quote name='Maklershed']The controls are shitty, the graphics are terrible, and for the majority of combats enemies kept blocking my view of what was going on. Of course I only think all of this cause I post in the OTT. :lol:

This is what I think about the people who say they don't like MW2.[/QUOTE]

so basically you're too lazy to figure out how to play the game. it's okay...i'm used to seeing this level of trash whenever a good action game releases. Just call the game "cheap" and get it over with.

Then go back to your OTT cave and have the following usual conversation:

"WHERE YOU AT DAWGS LETS PLAY SUM HAYLO TONITE BOOST MOBILE"

"SORRY BRAH, GOTTA GO SEE SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE"

"NO PROB BRAH, U KNO I'LL BE ON TAHT SHIT, THEN WE GONNA PLAY SOME PERFECT DARK ZERO DEATHMATCH"

"AWEOMSE I BE THERE LATERS"

$$$s

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Thanks for confirming what I said, which was that they were very different. Shooting in DMC is a juggling mechanic, so when the crosses don't have that kind of result, how are they in any way similar?[/QUOTE]

DI Dante shoots crosses. DMC Dante shoots guns.

Either (a) neither are shooting mechanics in your action game or (b) they both are.
[/discussion]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']DI Dante shoots crosses. DMC Dante shoots guns.

Either (a) neither are shooting mechanics in your action game or (b) they both are.
[/discussion][/QUOTE]
Your last post said they were different and now you're saying they're the same.

To make it even more simple, shooting is a juggling mechanic in DMC and in DI, using the crosses is a standard attack that doesn't juggle anything. Therefore, they're not the same thing. End of discussion.

[quote name='ninja dog']so basically you're too lazy to figure out how to play the game. it's okay...i'm used to seeing this level of trash whenever a good action game releases. Just call the game "cheap" and get it over with.

Then go back to your OTT cave and have the following usual conversation:

"WHERE YOU AT DAWGS LETS PLAY SUM HAYLO TONITE BOOST MOBILE"

"SORRY BRAH, GOTTA GO SEE SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE"

"NO PROB BRAH, U KNO I'LL BE ON TAHT SHIT, THEN WE GONNA PLAY SOME PERFECT DARK ZERO DEATHMATCH"

"AWEOMSE I BE THERE LATERS"

$$$s
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Nice attempt at trolling but I refuse to argue with a retard on the internet let alone one that was banned on GAF. Why are you so angry .. because I don't wanna be super Japanese like you?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Your last post said they were different and now you're saying they're the same.

To make it even more simple, shooting is a juggling mechanic in DMC and in DI, using the crosses is a standard attack that doesn't juggle anything. Therefore, they're not the same thing. End of discussion.[/QUOTE]

I maintain that DI's cross attack is a projectile attack, in that the character shoots crosses as a ranged weapon. Point being, you faulted Bayonetta/DMC4 for their "shooting" mechanics, and yet, I believe DI has one as well.

By your logic, DI's cross attack is a ranged melee attack, not shooting at all. If this is the case, then DMC4 (and perhaps Bayonetta) has no shooting mechanic either. Merely another form of "ranged melee" that is an optional part of the combo system used as a "juggling mechanic".

My point is, one way or another, your logic is flawed. I don't care that you didn't like DMC4 or Bayonetta. Whatever man -- you don't like 'em, great, go play something you like. But don't fault one series for something that's present in similar form in a different game you're interested in.

[quote name='Maklershed']:lol:

Nice attempt at trolling but I refuse to argue with a retard on the internet let alone one that was banned on GAF. Why are you so angry .. because I don't wanna be super Japanese like you?[/QUOTE]

kawaii desu ne you respond you lose uguu~ ^__^;;

Dante's Inferno is awful for reasons entirely separate from its awful gameplay.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBSS AND VISCERAL IMAGERY!!!!!!

fuck YES

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I maintain that DI's cross attack is a projectile attack, in that the character shoots crosses as a ranged weapon. Point being, you faulted Bayonetta/DMC4 for their "shooting" mechanics, and yet, I believe DI has one as well.

By your logic, DI's cross attack is a ranged melee attack, not shooting at all. If this is the case, then DMC4 (and perhaps Bayonetta) has no shooting mechanic either. Merely another form of "ranged melee" that is an optional part of the combo system used as a "juggling mechanic".

My point is, one way or another, your logic is flawed. I don't care that you didn't like DMC4 or Bayonetta. Whatever man -- you don't like 'em, great, go play something you like. But don't fault one series for something that's present in similar form in a different game you're interested in.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I should've been even more clear that I don't care for an action brawler that has a focus on juggling, via shooting, like DMC and Bayonetta do amongst other things. That's what I meant by the shooting in DMC. I never said the series were crap, just that I don't care for what they have to offer why you, Rei, and others here made wild claims that liking one of the five IP's meant I had to like them all because they were all the same thing when they're clearly not. Of course I'll play what I like, which is what I said in my first response ("God of War, Ninja Gaiden, and Dante's Inferno are enough for me.").

[quote name='Maklershed']:lol:

Nice attempt at trolling but I refuse to argue with a retard on the internet let alone one that was banned on GAF. Why are you so angry .. because I don't wanna be super Japanese like you?[/QUOTE]
Oh shiznap. Ninja Dog is very angry. Makes sense, a Ninja Dog would get very angry.

How is there any focus on juggling with guns? juggling with shooting in bayonetta is pretty pointless, except to chip away a little damage if you have a free second or maybe to hold them up in the air for a bit. You can almost always jump in the air and combo them with real hits just as easily. same with dmc.

all silliness aside, it's okay not to like these games, but don't talk about the nitty gritty details of them if you don't really understand them.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh shiznap. Ninja Dog is very angry. Makes sense, a Ninja Dog would get very angry.[/QUOTE]

meaningless direct personal attacks are just my thing.

Randomly drew Alone in the Dark: Inferno out of the backlog. The first level is really really awful platforming, but once you get into the park it gets playable. The item combining/weapon building mechanic is pretty fun and aside from that first chapter, the game moves along pretty quickly.

If you say Dante's Inferno is better than Bayonetta, i don't respect your opinion.

At least Bayonetta knows that it's ridiculous. Dante's Inferno is just trying too hard to be this super serious, VISCERAL game and instead it's making me laugh(in a bad way) with it's boobies flopping out of dead girls and CROSS SHOT attack, and 200 hit combo without effort move

Why does inFamous suck so much? It's like the bastard step son of Crackdown, Psi-Ops, and Spiderman. Either way, it isn't fun. Just annoying. Is it worth continuing or should I get rid of it?

bah, I can't remember the password to my PSN account so I can't update my credit card info. Thankfully I can get Pixeljunk shooter from amazon... but I was thinking of getting RE2 or Silent Hill Origins as well. So I guess I'll just wait until Monday and pick up a PSN card from work.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'] oddly through discussion about how QTEs make games worse.[/QUOTE]
Thats a lie. Everyone knows QTE's make everything better.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']bah, I can't remember the password to my PSN account so I can't update my credit card info. Thankfully I can get Pixeljunk shooter from amazon... but I was thinking of getting RE2 or Silent Hill Origins as well. So I guess I'll just wait until Monday and pick up a PSN card from work.

Thats a lie. Everyone knows QTE's make everything better.[/QUOTE]Isn't there a 'forgot password' option at the website?

Also true about those QTEs, Heavy Rain will be 2nd best game of the year because of them.

[quote name='Maklershed']Dallow - do you have your Lost Planet 2 pre-order in yet?[/QUOTE]Demos haven't impressed me yet but more than likely I'll have it for PS3.
Game is a ways away thought right? Like next summer/fall?

bread's done
Back