General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

[quote name='dallow']What other 360 exclusives are comng out next year?
So far, the only 360 games on my 2010 'to buy' list are Alan Wake, ME2, and Bayonetta.
[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach is the only other I can think of off my head

[quote name='corrosivefrost']because navigating 86 menus to make a character change weapons is a pain in the ass with a controller? because the attention span of most console gamers doesn't lend itself to micromanagement?[/QUOTE]
Blah, I say to this. Blah.

[quote name='ninja dog']Halo Reach is the only other I can think of off my head[/QUOTE]Ah yes, I had that one on my 'no buy' list.

Well sheesh, lots of exclusives are stacked in favor of PS3 next year.

I want to be interested in White Knight Chronicles... but with the exception of DQ 8 I haven't liked a single RPG Level 5 has put out. I thought Rogue Galaxy​ was a piece of shit and never really could get into Jeanne d'Arc. And it doesn't help that I haven't heard any thing great about it.

[quote name='dallow']What other 360 exclusives are comng out next year?
So far, the only 360 games on my 2010 'to buy' list are Alan Wake, ME2, and Bayonetta.
Missed this mak.

For February/March PS3.... hmm.

Well, FFXIII and GoWIII are locks as you mentioned.
For me, so are Yakuza 3, Heavy Rain, and White Knight Chronicles.

Have to think about Bioshock 2 and LP2 as I haven't even beaten the originals. :cold:

Then there are various other goodies being released those couple months for other platforms that I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about Heavy Rain. I'm definitely getting that.

I should have gotten more of the PS3 version of Fairytale Fights rather than 360.
Turns out they're more in demand. Sold 8 of those compared to just 2. :(

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I want to be interested in White Knight Chronicles... but with the exception of DQ 8 I haven't liked a single RPG Level 5 has put out. I thought Rogue Galaxy​ was a piece of shit and never really could get into Jeanne d'Arc. And it doesn't help that I haven't heard any thing great about it.[/QUOTE]
Dark Cloud 2?

Dark Cloud 2 was ok. Of course this is from playing years after the fact with everyone telling me how great it was.

I like Level 5's RPGs, and I was excited about White Knight at first, but I have to admit I don't see anything in the available screens, trailers, and previews that appeal to me.

The online is the only thing I'm kind of interested in for White Knight. Creating a online town and creating your online avatar in Single Player could be pretty neat... if the gameplay is any good. Of course I'd need friends who own the game first...

[quote name='dallow']Ah yes, I had that one on my 'no buy' list.

Well sheesh, lots of exclusives are stacked in favor of PS3 next year.[/QUOTE]

Is Gears 3 announced yet? Cause other than that, I can't think of anything 360 exclusive that I need in the near future, unless there are titles I am unaware of...

[quote name='Nelo Ice']crackdown 2?[/QUOTE]

I forgot about this -- but the fact it's a new studio handling it doesn't make it a must buy off pedigree alone... need to wait for reviews.

Even if I get White Knight it probably won't be day one. Mass Effect 2 is coming out at the end of January and Final Fantasy 13 coming out early March. If I'm lucky I'll be sick of ME2 when FF13 comes out...

Edit: [quote name='corrosivefrost']I forgot about this -- but the fact it's a new studio handling it doesn't make it a must buy off pedigree alone... need to wait for reviews.[/QUOTE]
Unless I'm mistaken a number of people who worked on Crackdown are working on this as well.

It could be a fevered dream that I'm recalling but I thought I read/heard that the original Crackdown team left the old studio and they all formed into a new studio which was subsequently hired to do Crackdown 2. So its a new studio, same people.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Even if I get White Knight it probably won't be day one. Mass Effect 2 is coming out at the end of January and Final Fantasy 13 coming out early March. If I'm lucky I'll be sick of ME2 when FF13 comes out...

Edit:
Unless I'm mistaken a number of people who worked on Crackdown are working on this as well.[/QUOTE]

It completely changed studios -- some of the developers maybe changed as well? But I'm still skeptical until I see it and read some reviews...

[quote name='Maklershed']It could be a fevered dream that I'm recalling but I thought I read/heard that the original Crackdown team left the old studio and they all formed into a new studio which was subsequently hired to do Crackdown 2. So its a new studio, same people.[/QUOTE]

Shut up, fanboy. ;)

Development

Phil Wilson and Billy Thomson, respectively Producer and Lead Design of "Crackdown" had previously confirmed that the game was designed from the outset to be a long running series,[3] stating that sequels for the game are very likely to be produced, especially if Crackdown performed well commercially.[3] However, during the Industry All Stars event in September 2007, Wilson confirmed that Realtime Worlds was not working on a sequel to the game, saying "Microsoft [was] a little late in stepping up to the plate to ask for Crackdown 2, and by then we had already started working on bigger, better things".[4] However, Shane Kim, a corporate vice-president for Microsoft, stated that Microsoft still holds the intellectual property rights for Crackdown and that a Crackdown sequel was still a possibility.[5]

Realtime's Studio Manager Colin MacDonald clarified that if they have the resources after completion of APB, they could approach Microsoft to discuss a sequel.[6] Prior to its announcement, industry rumors stated that the new start-up company, Ruffian Games, a Scottish studio formed from members from the Realtime Worlds team, may be involved in the development of a Crackdown sequel.[7] This was confirmed when the game was announced during the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo Conference.[8][9] The rumors of Ruffian's involvement with the sequel were initially dismissed by McDonald, saying he doubted "Microsoft would harm an otherwise fruitful existing development relationship by gambling on funding Crackdown 2 with a startup on RTW's doorstep, for obvious reasons."[10] Following the announcement, David Jones, founder of Realtime Worlds, stated he was "a bit miffed" with Microsoft's decision, believing that Microsoft may have been looking at an internal development studio instead of the new start-up located in the same geographical area as his company and formed of many of his team's former members.[11] Ruffian's executive producer, Peter Connelly, agreed that the situation that caused Realtime Worlds to move onto APB was unfortunate, but hold no animosity towards the company.[12] Ruffian's Thomson noted that about half of their team formerly worked on Crackdown across all areas of game development, and felt their studio was the best choice to make the game's sequel.[12]

So about 50% of the original team is part of development. We'll see how that plays out.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Even if I get White Knight it probably won't be day one. Mass Effect 2 is coming out at the end of January and Final Fantasy 13 coming out early March. If I'm lucky I'll be sick of ME2 when FF13 comes out...
[/QUOTE]
Good point. I'm interested in White Knight, but I much rather play the best game of 2010; Mass Effect 2. Hells yea.

AND I'm definitely excited to try Heavy Rain. Oh yes.

I hope Crackdown 2 is good, because 4 player madness would be fun as fuck.

All I played all weekend was Tekken 6, BlazBlue, and SFIV. Nothing to see here, move along.

I hope Heavy Rain is good, shit looks intriguing.

I need to check my ME save again and
make sure Ashley(fuck that other guy) and Wrex aren't dead
. I honestly can't remember what I did in my last playthrough... Maybe I'll just start a new game+ on easy to breeze through it before ME2.

Square Enix just announced that Star Ocean on the PS3 will be out the week after white Knight Chronicles and a month before FFXIII. :lol: Somebody needs to take a chance and just push their game until the summer because there are way too many games coming out in the next three months.

I'd hate to see how badly some of these games might sell with how many games in the same genre will be out in quick succession.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Square Enix just announced that Star Ocean on the PS3 will be out the week after white Knight Chronicles and a month before FFXIII. :lol: Somebody needs to take a chance and just push their game until the summer because there are way too many games coming out in the next three months.[/QUOTE]
SO4 has had a release date for a while now. I kind of want to pick it up but I'll wait until I finish FF13. Are there any RPGs to look forward to after FF13? I kind of hope there aren't many since I'd like to take care of my RPG backlog.

Was going to wait for SO4 360 bargain bin until it was announed for PS3.
Now going to wait for PS3 bargain bin.

Chibi, Resonance of Fate(end of eternity)?
Gameplay looks kinda fun.

Then there are some smaller titles coming for PS3 like Trinity Universe and The Last Rebellion.

I was going to get SO4 360 until I heard about the PS3 version would have a language option. What else did they add to the PS3 version of the game?

Kaidan was a pussy... that is all.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Kaidan>>>>bitch ashley[/QUOTE]
Gayfirmed.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I need to check my ME save again and
make sure Ashley(fuck that other guy) and Wrex aren't dead
. I honestly can't remember what I did in my last playthrough... Maybe I'll just start a new game+ on easy to breeze through it before ME2.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've been meaning to replay it before ME2 comes out. I started a game with an evil chick, but I don't think I want her in ME2 - so I'm not sure what to do for my second play through. The only problem with my main male Shepard is that he looks like Greg Gunberg (police office from heroes). That character customization was so dumb. You can change the look of your preexisting shepard in ME2 right?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I was going to get SO4 360 until I heard about the PS3 version would have a language option. What else did they add to the PS3 version of the game?[/QUOTE]

The boxart has the anime-style characters that were replaced with 3D models in the menus for the 360 localization so I'm guessing they'll be undoing that change as well.

EDIT: No need to guess; they did.

I'm glad you've wholly embraced the state of being wrong.

Actually having Wrex, Tali, and whoever the fuck else I had on the ship actually help out the other character instead of sitting on their asses > arbitrarily losing a character because Bioware demands a mid-game surprise.

[quote name='The Crotch']Actually having Wrex, Tali, and whoever the fuck else I had on the ship actually help out the other character instead of sitting on their asses > arbitrarily losing a character because Bioware demands a mid-game surprise.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember any of this. Mayhap its time to replay mass effect.

Oh and
Ashley no contest.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Driving level

I'm the fucking universe[/QUOTE]

Ugh, fuck this game (Alone in the Dark), 82 percent of the trophies through the one playthrough at least.

How many hints does a guy need to tell him that he's going to resurrect the fucking devil, including the guy standing right next to you telling you that he messed up and the machine will resurrect the devil when you use it. The guy with no eyes who has been sitting alone in a cave for a few thousand years gets it.

I would have 1000'd that game on a gamefly rental if I hadn't skipped driving hell

I never want to play ME again, tried picking up on my third (insane) playthrough over the summer and realized it plays like shit. Wanna keep my memories intact.

[quote name='gunm']I liked the Dante demo. I also liked the exposed breasts for no reason. :p[/QUOTE]

Same here.:cool:

bread's done
Back