General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There's a probably a huge difference in the feeling of accomplishment when you legitimately take down some crazy ass achievement/trophy vs. whoring the cheap ones.

There's a reason I don't have the 5 minute 1000/1000 Avatar on my gamercard. ;)[/QUOTE]

5 minutes? Pfft.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']IDK what's up with Arkham Asylum. It's a great game and super fun, but it doesn't make me want to play for more than an hour at a time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you mean, and when I got to the end I couldn't really be bothered doing the collecting stuff.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah I know what you mean, and when I got to the end I couldn't really be bothered doing the collecting stuff.[/QUOTE]

Oh collecting totally passed me by. I grab Riddler trophies when I spot them but I don't go looking.

Also Batman is stiff.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I was a whore until I hit 10,000. Then I kind of lost interest.[/QUOTE]

that's what she said.

it was a huge turn-off.

[quote name='dallow']Just bought a 16gb pro duo.
Just got tired of transferring games on my PSP.[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of giggle bits. Do you have a Go?

I couldn't get into 4. Loved 3 and Tag Team the best, especially Tekken Ball/Bowl. Would've just taken rehashes of those over the campaign modes in 5 and 6.

[quote name='gunm']I'm no cheesemint whore, so I could give two shits about playing at the highest difficulty.[/QUOTE]
I was planing to play ME on Insane for that achievement but I just never got around to it. But I know the only part that would probaly make me ragequite is that damn moon mission....fucking rocket spaming robots.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ah. What do you use for the Go?[/QUOTE]
Some kind of mini Pro Duo. I forget the official name.
I'll be giggling all week long with this card.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I just looked at the Achievement list for ME2 and they all seem pretty reasonable.[/QUOTE]

So long as "gain loyalty" doesn't mean the same as "complete majority of game with," at least. I like the little caveat on the two playthroughs achievement too.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I just looked at the Achievement list for ME2 and they all seem pretty reasonable.[/QUOTE]
Oh good, so I hope that means there is no "beat the game a minimum of 3 times".

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh good, so I hope that means there is no "beat the game a minimum of 3 times".[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't mind those since I played through it about 4 times. My main problem was those ally and weapon achievements. I had no desire to play with characters I didn't like or change my class so I could use use other weapons properly.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I was planing to play ME on Insane for that achievement but I just never got around to it. But I know the only part that would probaly make me ragequite is that damn moon mission....fucking rocket spaming robots.[/QUOTE]
That bit's not so bad. Most of them will just sort of hang out in hallways if you lure 'em in to them, so if you can get the angle right, you should be able to drop 'em no trouble.

Really, it's powerful biotics and enemies that don't bother with cover that are the problem. You can't command allies to use abilities when you're down on the ground, and most enemies are so fucking durable that they're significantly more dangerous if they just straight-out run at you than they would be if they hid behind cover. Krogans can just flat-out go fuck themselves. I lose a lot of respect for Wrex on account of the fact that he is apparently the wimpiest member of a species of bullet-sponge badasses that can kill you with two punches.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']IDK what's up with Arkham Asylum. It's a great game and super fun, but it doesn't make me want to play for more than an hour at a time.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm digging it, but can't play for more than 1-2 hours tops in any one stretch. It is a bit repetitive at times (go to new area, sneak around and take out some guys, follow some forensic trail etc.) so that may be it.

I really like it, but I can't just power through it like I do games that really fully suck me in.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah I know what you mean, and when I got to the end I couldn't really be bothered doing the collecting stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I won't bother with the trophies etc. I'll grab then when I see them, but no way I go back and try to find them all as I hate that collect-a-thon crap.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I won't bother with the trophies etc. I'll grab then when I see them, but no way I go back and try to find them all as I hate that collect-a-thon crap.[/QUOTE]

Though I generally agree, Arkham Asylum's collectable hunt is much better done than most; it gives you maps, there aren't that many things to find in total, and there's a bit of variety in what you're looking for. I actually thought running around areas to find the point where the invisible question marks lined up was one of the more fun things to do in that game.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Same here. I'm digging it, but can't play for more than 1-2 hours tops in any one stretch. It is a bit repetitive at times (go to new area, sneak around and take out some guys, follow some forensic trail etc.) so that may be it.

I really like it, but I can't just power through it like I do games that really fully suck.

Yeah, I won't bother with the trophies etc. I'll grab then when I see them, but no way I go back and try to find them all as I hate that collect-a-thon crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really liked Batman, but it does get repetitive. Most games are repetitive anyway, it's the good ones that make you forget you are doing the same shit over and over. :)

And I don't give two flying fucks about trophies.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, I really liked Batman, but it does get repetitive. Most games are repetitive anyway, it's the good ones that make you forget you are doing the same shit over and over. :)
[/QUOTE]

Yep, and Batman--as good as it is--doesn't succeed on that part since the environments are so similar (being all on Arkham Island) and it's hard to make following a forensic trail in detective mode feel fresh etc.

It's one of those games that succeeds more because of atmosphere, setting (the license works here) etc. more so than the gameplay IMO. Kind of like Bioshock--gameplay was decent, but it was the story and atmosphere that rose it above other shooters.

Ohh nice .. Dead Space 2 pre-order is $49.25. I think I shall use my credit on that.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Pure fucking stupidity.[/QUOTE]

Because I don't know what one of the worst consoles of this gaming generation uses for memory?

a) Get a life

b) Get off my nuts

[quote name='Maklershed']Because I don't know what one of the worst handhelds of this gaming generation uses for memory?

a) Get a life : This show was great, probably Chris Elliot's finest moment.

b) You're gonna love my nuts like the Slapchop.[/QUOTE]

Had to fix that so nobody thinks you are talking about the Wii. ;)

And why is everyone so hostile lately? Can't we all just get along? :grouphug:

People are reviewing Bayonetta already? I just skimed both of IGN's reviews. I kind of hope we'll see another fanboy war...

Seemed like they were way too harsh on the PS3 version.
To contrast, 1UP gave the respective versions an A and A-

The game is on shelves in certain parts of the country too. Way early.

[quote name='dallow']Seemed like they were way too harsh on the PS3 version.
To contrast, 1UP gave the respective versions an A and A-

The game is on shelves in certain parts of the country too. Way early.[/QUOTE]
Indeed.

I heard that some place in town is already selling it.

I kind of want to go check it out... but I'm sure it'll drop in price pretty quickly.

I am going to play it on easy on that triple, then come back to the GGT and bitch about how it's just a game for people who want to be japanese, then ask some fools if they want to rock some PDZ deathmatch.

I'm sorry I bought 50 cent, even for cheap.
Even co-op doesn't make it fun....

UGH< WHY DO I BUY TERRIBLE GAMES THAT I KNOW ARE TERRIBLE!!!
I'm going to have to prune my PS3/360 collection.

Out of 100 games I've sold one, Haze.
Looking at you now 50 Cent and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so who else hates steam for having such an insane holiday sale?

*raises hand*[/QUOTE]

I'm paging through it right now. So much stuff. :whee:

EDIT: Wow .. Stalker for $1.99

Shit is nuts. I don't even have a windows-based PC and I'm tempted to buy stuff for the day when I either start using boot camp or get a new computer.

Yeah Steam sale is hard to turn down. My excuse? Pre-spending Christmas Money

Trine and Been there Dan That/Time Gentlemen Please pack. Less than $10.00...

Bah. I just got lowballed on a job offer for when I graduate.

Haven't been gaming much lately, besides some MW2 multi here and there.

Ugh, I got:

Braid
LucasArts Adventure Pack
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
The Witcher Enhanced Director's Cut

And I may bite on Trine and Torchlight later. Someone stop meeee!!!

I got...

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
LucasArts Adventure pack
Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl

Total was just under ten bucks. Now I just need a computer and a joystick.

[quote name='dallow']I'm sorry I bought 50 cent, even for cheap.
Even co-op doesn't make it fun....

UGH< WHY DO I BUY TERRIBLE GAMES THAT I KNOW ARE TERRIBLE!!!
I'm going to have to prune my PS3/360 collection.

Out of 100 games I've sold one, Haze.
Looking at you now 50 Cent and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.[/QUOTE]

lost any respect i had for you.
unless you send me 50 cent as a present for the holiday.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']lost any respect i had for you.
unless you send me 50 cent as a present for the holiday.[/QUOTE]
Don't listen to him. My birthday is on X-Mas, send it to me.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']I can't agree with TTT being the best tekken, t3 personally. TTT has 100% combos it's great fun tho.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']No it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

I now I say random shit in the FGT about fighters, but I'm usually on point more often about fighters than any GGT comments.

Right now I'm looking at Jedi Knight Collection, Torchlight, and maybe Trine from Steam. Trying to resist the urge to buy now and see if anything drops any more before the 2nd.

I installed the smaller/older games on my netbook, and will save the more graphically intense stuff for my main PC.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']No it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Gun jack has one on a trade with Lee :)

I think theres a devil/hwo one too but I could be nuts.

DR would probably be the best if sidestepping wasnt so gross, or something like that.

BR is pretty fucking tight though.

bread's done
Back