General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

[quote name='dallow']First (and probably last) snow!

It's a miracle!!!
:whee:[/QUOTE]I'm tired of snow after getting 20+ inches of it. :(

Played more MW2, on level 14 on PS3 now. Will play 360 one a bit later today.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm tired of snow after getting 20+ inches of it. :(

Played more MW2, on level 14 on PS3 now. Will play 360 one a bit later today.[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of snow too, It was horrible for the past couple of days. Thankfully it stopped.

Killer7 is actually really quick.. Probably about 12 hours. I beat it over the course of three days while playing leisurely. It has a really good story.

Played through Prototype a bit, I like it a lot better than inFamous. Alex actually seems like a real person, as opposed to Cole... Who just struck me as an emotionless dick. Still having a ton of fun with Brutal Legend, just got my bus.

Snow fucking sucks. It's cool for like an hour, then you realize that you have to shovel it, drive in it, get your car covered in salt, etc.

I'll be more than happy when I move to a place with zero snow.

I played drunk-ass Halo 3 MP last night. It was a blast but good god do I suck at that game now. I wasn't great in 2007 but I'm hopeless now.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Killer7 is actually really quick.. Probably about 12 hours. I beat it over the course of three days while playing leisurely. It has a really good story.

Played through Prototype a bit, I like it a lot better than inFamous. Alex actually seems like a real person, as opposed to Cole... Who just struck me as an emotionless dick. Still having a ton of fun with Brutal Legend, just got my bus.[/QUOTE]

If inFamous has anyone one thing in spades over [Prototype], it's story. Alex is such a douchebag cliche... it's like they wanted to ape the style of Resident Evil, where it's like so campy it's almost cool but at the same time, the people who designed/directed/wrote the game thought it was class A material with class A voice acting. :lol:

Prototype shines more in the varied combat, speed of travel, and ability to grow alex as you like him (with the experience upgrades).

Of course, these are all, like, opinions, man. :)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Killer7 is actually really quick.. Probably about 12 hours. I beat it over the course of three days while playing leisurely. It has a really good story.
[/QUOTE]
Which you won't be able to explain to anyone.

Played Borderlands local multi-player with my buddy last night. He's slowly catching up to me in level, so hopefully we can play some quests where I actually get XP soon.... :p

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Early Xmas Winnings: Uncharted 2 and dat Dee Jay Heero[/QUOTE]

Speaking of UC2, I wish someone would hurry up and buy mine.

It was 70 degrees yesterday and an inch of snow today.

Celebrated by picking up a bottle of Southern Comfort special and silver Patron.
Now it's indeed a good night.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If inFamous has anyone one thing in spades over [Prototype], it's story. Alex is such a douchebag cliche... it's like they wanted to ape the style of Resident Evil, where it's like so campy it's almost cool but at the same time, the people who designed/directed/wrote the game thought it was class A material with class A voice acting. :lol:

Prototype shines more in the varied combat, speed of travel, and ability to grow alex as you like him (with the experience upgrades).

Of course, these are all, like, opinions, man. :)[/QUOTE]
Agreed, but Alex is still a douchebag I like. I really didn't like Cole..

I do completely agree with you about the game except for the story.. I really like the Prototype story and I couldn't get into inFamous. I'm not sure why.. Everything in inFamous just seemed boring to me.

Merry Christmas to all in the GGT.

0_santa32c4.gif

Prinny 2 is about recovering Etna's panties. Despite the fact I never finished the first game(And I probably never will) I'm looking forward to the sequel.

[quote name='benjamouth']Merry Christmas to all in the GGT.

0_santa32c4.gif
[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas to you good sir. Will you celebrate the day by watching Santa Clause Conquers the Martians and/or Santa Claus?

[quote name='Maklershed']Merry Christmas to you good sir. Will you celebrate the day by watching Santa Clause Conquers the Martians and/or Santa Claus?[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas Mak, Santa Claus will be getting a viewing sometime this week, maybe tonight. Going out to see family now so it will depend on when I get back.

Merry Christmas!
My ladyfriend got me the speaker stands I wanted, got her an XM radio sub for her car. I feel hungover.

I want to get a turtlebeach headset...

I got a games, graphic novels and $100 in gamestop giftcards. I'm debating on what games to use them on. I kind of want that God of War 3 Speical Edition... but I don't want that dumb box.

Merry Christmas GGT!

What gifts did everyone get? I did most of the gift giving with my 3 small kids. But I got a few things(that I already knew about or got early).

:360:
Elite system
Left For Dead 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect
CoD:MW2

:ps3:
Demon's Souls(deluxe edition)

Other:
$50 Walmart card

I have a 25 dollar Walmart GC. I don't know what to do.

A) Put it toward Assassin's Creed 2.
B) Use it for Bowser's Inside Story.
3) Always Sunny Christmas Special

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I have a 25 dollar Walmart GC. I don't know what to do.

A) Put it toward Assassin's Creed 2.
B) Use it for Bowser's Inside Story.
3) Always Sunny Christmas Special[/QUOTE]

I would wait until Sun and price match Target's ad for ACII and get it for $39.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I got:

Mortal Kombat vs. DCU
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

And 300, 3 Spider-man graphic novels, and the Superman: Red Son DC Direct boxset.

It's been a good day. :)

Happy Holidays GGT!

Despite having 3 Christmas's this year, me and my GF are making it work. This is what I've received so far from the generosity of others.

:ds: Tokyo Beat Down
Turtwig Stylus/DS strap set
2 Star Wars LEGO sets
Turtwig Plush

I got:

Turtle Beach headset for PS3
Left 4 Dead 2
Year of Live
Witchblade on blu-ray
Inglourious Basterds BR
Stephen King's The Dome
Like $100 in Borders gift cards
Lots of clothes
Lots of cash

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Merry Christmas everyone!

I got:

Mortal Kombat vs. DCU
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

And 300, 3 Spider-man graphic novels, and the Superman: Red Son DC Direct boxset.

It's been a good day. :)[/QUOTE]

TPBs for which spider-man arcs?

All I got gaming wise was New Super Mario Bros Wii, which the gf and I will get lots of use out of.

I've been playing a lot of PSP lately, but I can't play any games that use the analog nub for movement for more than an hour or two before my thumb and hand start cramping up.

As someone who did not like Assassin's Creed at all (way too many technical problems) I can say I love Assassin's Creed II so far (Except for the intro part). I wish they'd fish the screen tearing though, sheesh. That's still a problem I have with this series.

I still haven't touched Muramasa, Tales of Symphonia: DOTW and Beatles Rock Band yet. I started Fallout 3 but I'm going to have to restart it because I got lost (terrible map system). Ghostbusters seems interesting. I installed it, got an update for it and immediately got an unreadable disc error. But that was after the update and it's been fine so far. The case is horrible (3-disc spindle for 1 game) which made it tough to get out.

I also have enough cash to get a DSi, which I want.

[quote name='BlueScrote']TPBs for which spider-man arcs?

All I got gaming wise was New Super Mario Bros Wii, which the gf and I will get lots of use out of.

I've been playing a lot of PSP lately, but I can't play any games that use the analog nub for movement for more than an hour or two before my thumb and hand start cramping up.[/QUOTE]
Amazing Spider-man: The Book of Ezekiel
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 6: Venom
Marvel Knights: Spider-man Down among the Dead Men

I just got done reading MK Spidey (I LOVE MILLAR) and am starting Book of Ezekiel, I've read the Ultimate Venom arc probably around 20 times as I had it in single issue form but most of my ultimate Spidey collection got ruined during my most recent move :cry:. My mom was telling me about how she got them and it's pretty awesome. All the graphic novels she got me were clearanced $2.99 apiece at our local Hastings, even 300.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just get rid of ToS: DOTNW now. It's a horrible game.[/QUOTE]
Better yet throw it in a fire... no one should ever have to play that game.

bread's done
Back