General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Don't you have like an apartment Mana? You boggle my mind.[/QUOTE]Yes I do, a pretty good size though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Is it one of the KH shirts from Hot Topic?[/QUOTE]Yes. I already got two a while ago, but there's a newer one that's quickly becoming hard to find. This is the shirt:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Ap...gdom-Hearts-Group-Photo-TShirt-2XL-226777.jsp

I checked 4 locations, and I've seen every size but my size (ranging from XS to 2XL). I love driving around and going to malls, so I might look around tomorrow.

I did play some NG Sigma 2 today. I'm on the boss fight towards the end of Chapter 4. On 360 I played Ace Combat 6. While I like AC games, I get angry at them because I crash my plane at the end of a mission I spent so much time with (and then I have to start over).

My trip to Best Buy after work today (had to be there from 6 AM to 4 PM) was successful. The lady at the customer service desk let me return the two digital copies of Gran Turismo PSP, to which I used to pick up a $50 PSN card, Pangya Fantasy Golf and still have a little left over.

Came home a few hours later and Resident Evil 3 is in downloading and almost done from the PSN and I've got some cold ginger beers in the fridge, ready to relax for the evening, watch some movies and play some games.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yes I do, a pretty good size though.

Yes. I already got two a while ago, but there's a newer one that's quickly becoming hard to find. This is the shirt:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Ap...gdom-Hearts-Group-Photo-TShirt-2XL-226777.jsp

I checked 4 locations, and I've seen every size but my size (ranging from XS to 2XL). I love driving around and going to malls, so I might look around tomorrow.

I did play some NG Sigma 2 today. I'm on the boss fight towards the end of Chapter 4. On 360 I played Ace Combat 6. While I like AC games, I get angry at them because I crash my plane at the end of a mission I spent so much time with (and then I have to start over).[/QUOTE]
Ha, I thought so! I haven't been able to find that one in my size either. It sucks, I can find the KH2 cover shirt in my size, just not this one.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Since I never bought it used, its definitely mint. I'm honestly not the type to charge much for stuff I sell, mostly because I'm nice and don't care to make profits (I mostly ditch games just to clear room).

Well, for me, I'm only looking forward to Bayonetta and TVC vs. Capcom in Jan. (I MIGHT buy MAG if the co-workers get me into it and I enjoy the public beta we'll see). In Feb., I gotta buy DW Strikeforce (possibly, although I own on PSP), GT5, Heavy Rain, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, Star Ocean: TLHI (beyond huge buy for me), and White Knight Chronicles. In March I have my most wanted game all year, FFXIII, along with GoWIII, Lost Planet 2 (unless it gets pushed back), Resonance of Fate, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, Super Street Fighter IV, and Yakuza 3 (really huge). Dante's Inferno I'll probably get and I'm still considering Quantum Theory, Sky Crawlers, Fragile, and Sakura Wars (Wii version).[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I want Batman for PS3 for my collection -- so if you decide to drop it, let me know what you want for it before you let GS bend you over.

--

I heard LP2 was pushed back, though I really don't care.
I used to care about FF games, until I played X. Now I can't even manage to finish XII... I don't even know how much I have left in that game... I should finish it sometime. :S

Give an estimate of how much time you have left. Then multiply that by 3. Then multiply that by 2 for each Game Over you encounter.

I'm thinking Bayonetta is coming as a gift, got ME2 pre-ordered from christmas money, and that about does it for me until SSF4. I don't give a shit about GT5, or GoW3, or Dante's.

Darksiders has potential, but I'm not buying a new IP that comes out on January fucking 5th from an unknown developer. Sorry, but that game is $30 by July, unless it's secretly the game of 2010 and we don't know it yet. It's possible.

Finished/Platinumed Godfather 2 today. The game was a lot longer than I was expecting. I did enjoy the turf war aspects of it even though they basically screw you out of all your properties at one point.

I'd say its worth what Gamefly is charging for it on sale, plus it's on that magical 20 dollar trade-in list for Gamestop if you don't like it or finish it.

I don't usually buy into sales at malls but there were some ridiculous deals today.

Slogged through crowds ugh, but got a tons of stuff from Banana Republic and a few other places.
Regret not buying a certain blazer so I'm going back there again tomorrow morning...

Bought Battle Fantasia and Topatoi on PSN as well.
I like Topatoi, reminds me of the simple platformers I'd play on PS1.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Tried the Shadow Complex demo and dug it, so bought it while it' still on sale for 800pts on Live.

Thanks for the tips Dallow! I'll get into it more fully when I get around to beating Batman.[/QUOTE]Thought you might like it. One of the best games of this year, downloadable or not.

[quote name='SL4IN']My trip to Best Buy after work today (had to be there from 6 AM to 4 PM) was successful. The lady at the customer service desk let me return the two digital copies of Gran Turismo PSP, to which I used to pick up a $50 PSN card, Pangya Fantasy Golf and still have a little left over.

Came home a few hours later and Resident Evil 3 is in downloading and almost done from the PSN and I've got some cold ginger beers in the fridge, ready to relax for the evening, watch some movies and play some games.[/QUOTE]Good choice on getting Pangya Fantasy Golf. Pretty good game IMO.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Seriously. I want Batman for PS3 for my collection -- so if you decide to drop it, let me know what you want for it before you let GS bend you over.

--

I heard LP2 was pushed back, though I really don't care.
I used to care about FF games, until I played X. Now I can't even manage to finish XII... I don't even know how much I have left in that game... I should finish it sometime. :S[/QUOTE]Eh, I will check around CAG to see who wants it most likely. I'll check the condition. Since we aren't far from one another, it would ship quick.

I saw LP2 may have been pushed back to May, but that's still the first half of 2010.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Ha, I thought so! I haven't been able to find that one in my size either. It sucks, I can find the KH2 cover shirt in my size, just not this one.[/QUOTE]Thankfully I bought two of them a while ago when I saw my size. I might need to drive to north of the city (although it takes a half hour for me to get there) and check out all four Hot Topic locations there. If I have no luck there, I may have to circle another city and go to the malls (such as one near where Dmaul use to live I believe). I don't think I'm crazy enough to drive into PA looking or other nearby states.

I was talking to a friend about Dragon Age a month or so ago. I said that while I'm sure it's good, I have no interest in long, difficult WRPGs (a genre I hate) that I don't have time to play. So he got it for me for Christmas. Someone talk me into keeping it.

Whats the harm in putting an hour or 2 into it? And if you don't like it trade it in or something.

[quote name='pete5883']difficult WRPGs (a genre I hate).[/QUOTE]
Easy mode is easy. I played it on easy an probably used 10-15 potions during the whole game.

[quote name='jer7583']I don't give a shit about GT5, or GoW3, or Dante's.
.[/QUOTE]

Pass me that cup of extra BOLD coffee you're drinking.

[quote name='seanr1221']Pass me that cup of extra BOLD coffee you're drinking.[/QUOTE]

I realize it Jer you're dealing with here, I don't think one has to be bold or contrary etc. to not really care about God of War 3.

I've not dug the series much (only played the first one) as I'm just not into beat'em up games (especially with combos) in general. I played the first, got annoyed and put it on easy, and beat it. It had a cool story and a lot of the moves were pretty bad ass, but it didn't leave me wanting to play any sequels as I'm just not much into the genre.

[quote name='gunm']Dragon Age is difficult?[/QUOTE]
So the reviews tell me.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Easy mode is easy. I played it on easy an probably used 10-15 potions during the whole game.[/QUOTE]
Hm, this helps. I don't really like to play games on easy, generally speaking, but if this makes for a more enjoyable experience then I may do it. Can you switch difficulty mid-game?

RPGs are more about the story and questing than the combat, so no reason to feel shame in lowering difficulty.

I played Oblivion with the slider a few clicks to the left, as I didn't want to struggle with Battle and just enjoy doing quests, exploring the world etc.

[quote name='seanr1221']Your gimmick is showing :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanr1221']Pass me that cup of extra BOLD coffee you're drinking.[/QUOTE]

zewone's gimmick is showing

I've never bought a game early before. Well, until a few minutes ago that is.

Photo008.jpg

Best Buy. They said they could sell it too. Apparently they got a box that said 12-26-09 on it as a sell date.

[quote name='ninja dog']i been playin perfect dark zero deathmatch for like 27 hours straight[/QUOTE]

Me too, dude!! it's like Christmas 2005 all over again. :bouncy:

Steam sale is Chronicles of Ridiculous, I'm eyeballing tons of shit, just waiting since I have until January 3rd.

After driving around the northern city, I finally found the Kingdom Hearts II T-Shirt I was looking for at the 2nd Hot Topic I went to. I almost didn't go to that one since its kind of small, but saw every size for the KH shirts there.

I did play NG Sigma 2 before I went out. On Chapter 5 right now, midway.

I almost got it. I went to my BB and asked the guy if he could check the computer. He saw that it was in stock, and walked over to the shelf. He started looking around for it and said, "I don't see it. Let me check in the back. What's it called again, Bayonetta?" To which some fat dude replied, "That doesn't come out for two weeks."

The guy told me they have it but they can't sell it if that's the case.

People have also said they've seen it available at Target. They had both versions, but I had no hesitation in getting the 360 version. As a sidenote, they had a 4x4 block of the 360 version of Assassin's Creed II while on 2x4 of Modern Warfare 2.

I finished the Tutorial and I must say that was quite a lengthy tutorial. One that could've been half the time.

[quote name='KingBroly']People have also said they've seen it available at Target. They had both versions, but I had no hesitation in getting the 360 version. As a sidenote, they had a 4x4 block of the 360 version of Assassin's Creed II while on 2x4 of Modern Warfare 2.

I finished the Tutorial and I must say that was quite a lengthy tutorial. One that could've been half the time.[/QUOTE]I'm probably still getting it on PS3, but this is the first multi game its not an instant (where I haven't even ordered on Amazon due to it not being certain on version).

[quote name='KingBroly']I've never bought a game early before. Well, until a few minutes ago that is.

Photo008.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:drool::drool:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I want Bayonetta so badly...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I think I might do some trading in to pick it up. I loved the demo.

I kind of want Bayonetta... but I have a feeling we'll see a drop in price soon so I can wait. Also I'm planning on playing through a Wild Arms 5 and maybe a few other games in my backlog before I pick up ME2 or No More Heroes 2 next month.

I tried the MGS: Peace Walker demo... I don't like the controls at all. Which kind of bums me out since I'm a big fan of the series. So I'll probably just skip the game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I tried the MGS: Peace Walker demo... I don't like the controls at all. Which kind of bums me out since I'm a big fan of the series. So I'll probably just skip the game.[/QUOTE]
I had the same problems with the controls, even after finding a configuration I liked. I can wait for a price drop, at least. The demo is fine enough.

I can see quick price drops for games released during the holiday, but not games that come out in Q4/Q1 of the new year...

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I had the same problems with the controls, even after finding a configuration I liked. I can wait for a price drop, at least. The demo is fine enough.[/QUOTE]
Oddly enough I did like Portabe Ops... But I will give the demo another shot and see if my mind changes. Maybe I'll finally try connecting my PS3 controller up to the go and and see how that goes...

[quote name='gunm']I can see quick price drops for games released during the holiday, but not games that come out in Q4/Q1 of the new year...[/QUOTE]
There are a ton of games coming out in the first few months of 2010. There will definitely be some price drops for the games that don't sell well.

Beyond the usual weekly ad sales for new releases or a ubisoft title, I think the game would really have to do pretty poorly for there to be a permadrop very quickly. By summer or fall, sure.

[quote name='gunm']Beyond the usual weekly ad sales for new releases or a ubisoft title, I think the game would really have to do pretty poorly for there to be a permadrop very quickly. By summer or fall, sure.[/QUOTE]
Or perhaps the publisher has little faith in a title? like in the case of Bayonetta. Back when SEGA changed the release date to the first quarter of 2010 it was pretty empty. But then just about everyone else followed them so now it's kind of Christmas in March.

Nah, it's more that companies are finally getting smart about staggering release dates. It's just common sense, especially these days.

I just ordered AC II on Amazon. It was $40, then I got $20 off. I got it on PS3.

I also went ahead and preordered Bayonetta on Amazon, $55, for PS3 (I decided to go with it regardless).

[quote name='gunm']Nah, it's more that companies are finally getting smart about staggering release dates. It's just common sense, especially these days.[/QUOTE]
Not really. All they did was move out of the way of MW2. But now we have a crazy Q1 for the new year.

[quote name='seanr1221']TMK, why didn't you buy the superior version?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was wondering? Especially since you have both systems now.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Not really. All they did was move out of the way of MW2. But now we have a crazy Q1 for the new year.[/QUOTE]

Circular discussion is circular.

Not in the case of something like Bayonetta. The game probably would have done fine back when it was originally supposed to be released. Now they just ended up moving it closer to the competition.

Edit: Damn you gunm, Your edited you replay before I could comment.

bread's done
Back