General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Guess I'm not the only one who got a Turtle Beach headset for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

After using for a few hours, not using one is like being in the stone age.

Got the Walking Dead compendium which i've already finished, some cooking stuff, some socks/shirts, etc.
A Surge Protector, $65 in Best Buy gift cards, and cash monies.
Also random my sister got me a birdhouse and birdseed..

Gonna go pick up Fallout 3 GOTY, District 9 Blu Ray, and a few of the free after coupon games tomorrow.

I'm considering getting The Saboteur, but not sure.

[quote name='jer7583']Got the Walking Dead compendium which i've already finished, some cooking stuff, some socks/shirts, etc.
A Surge Protector, $65 in Best Buy gift cards, and cash monies.
Also random my sister got me a birdhouse and birdseed..

Gonna go pick up Fallout 3 GOTY, District 9 Blu Ray, and a few of the free after coupon games tomorrow.

I'm considering getting The Saboteur, but not sure.[/QUOTE]

Free after coupon games?

And aren't you supposed to be not buying games any more? Or is that not in effect until 2010?

Free after coupon next week is I think
Transformer Revenge of the Fallen ($20 TIV at gstop)
Terminator Salvation (yuck)
Let's Tap
Madworld

If the coupon works like FTF did.

I'm spending christmas money/ best buy gift cards so it's okay ;)

It's Boxing day! Some pretty crazy deals. Assassin's Creed 2+COD MW2 for $60 among others at stores...
Amazon.ca's deals aren't live until 3AM, so just a little more waiting!

EDIT: Scored DJ Hero for $100, but its actually a birthday gift from my brother :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just get rid of ToS: DOTNW now. It's a horrible game.[/QUOTE]It's an awesome game IMO. I definitely feel it should be kept, but I love Emil a lot. The game definitely does NOT suck, for a fact.

Spent a lot of time on Christmas day trying to trophy whore. I played DW6: Empires a ton to do it. 11 more trophies to 700. Mostly plan to play Xbox 360 all day since I'm trying to reach 7000 gamerscore by the end of the year (I'm at 6918 or something right now).

[quote name='MarkMan']HEY GGT!

Why can't I sleep at normal times!?[/QUOTE]

Lay off the meth, dude. ;)

My aunt gave me 2 Wii shovelware games.

Thanks Aunt Sandra.

P.S. I don't own a Wii.

Boxing Day was wonderful. Some highlights:

Forza 3 $29.99

PS2
GrimGrimoire $5
Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol.2 $3.75
Secret Agent Clank $3.75

Wii
The Conduit $12.50
Nights $5

PS3
Singstar Queen $15

Also picked up a whack of DVDs.
It was a wonderful morning :)

I really wish o had not bought Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. I kind of fucking hate it, should of just bought Disgaea 2 for my SRPG fix.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I really wish o had not bought Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. I kind of fucking hate it, should of just bought Disgaea 2 for my SRPG fix.[/QUOTE]Disgaea 2 is awesome, but I wish I didn't have the PSP UMD version (I rather have a digital copy).

I didn't actually ask for a lot this year, but I did get everything I asked for!

- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Bowser's Inside Story
- 4 GB Memory Stick
- Socks (yes, I asked for socks)

I also got new pajama pants, including some with Mountain Dew patterns. NICE.

The games I've gotten myself into since I got them yesterday:

- Assassin's Creed II
I hate the first game with PASSION. I've loved this one from the word go.

- Ghostbusters
I'm liking it so far, but the last boss I fought was a little annoying.

- Muramasa: The Demon Blade
I like this one too, more than Ghostbusters, but not as much as Assassin's Creed II. I feel this one could only be done on Wii because if they tried to put it on PS3/360, they wouldn't get the budget for it. But I'd like to be proven wrong (but not at $60)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I didn't actually ask for a lot this year, but I did get everything I asked for!

- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Bowser's Inside Story
- 4 GB Memory Stick
- Socks (yes, I asked for socks)

I also got new pajama pants, including some with Mountain Dew patterns. NICE.[/QUOTE]

I got socks too!

[quote name='KingBroly']The games I've gotten myself into since I got them yesterday:

- Assassin's Creed II
I hate the first game with PASSION. I've loved this one from the word go.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why people have such a disconnect between the two. I have 1000/1000 and while it changes some of the flaws of the first one, all the changes are pretty flawed as well.

I'm not saying it's a bad game -- it's fun for sure. I'm just saying I don't understand people having the complete 180, because I think the changes they've made aren't drastic enough to turn haters into lovers... though this is almost GTA: Renaissance, so I suppose to forced mission structure becomes more of an illusion of freedom... and for what it's worth, this time around, once is enough (I played AC on both 360 and PS3, finishing it twice).

Last edited by a moderator:
Xmas is usually the kiddies' time, so not a lot of gifts for me and the wife.

I got a netbook, a couple black wiimotes w/wiimotion plus, wii fit plus (hey, I'm not fat!), an Udon SF Art Book, GI Joe on BR, an Amazon GC, and some shirts. And I picked up some stuff from Steam for myself (including Torchlight for $5 today--yay!).

I'm actually debating whether I'll keep Batman: AA. The game is quite good, but the setup of it (the way I play missions) kind of annoys me a bit, and I already have way too much on my plate. Debating if I should ditch it into GameStop along with 3 other games by tomorrow, or just hold onto it for now. I'm just trying to reduce my backlog by a tad for the onslaught of games this Feb.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I really wish o had not bought Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. I kind of fucking hate it, should of just bought Disgaea 2 for my SRPG fix.[/QUOTE]

You suck for not liking Final Fantasy Tactics. Fantastic game. Probably have beaten it over a dozen times and have the game almost totally memorized. I could maybe give you some leeway if you said the PSP version was worse than the PS1 version (cause in some ways it is) but to say you fucking hate it?:bomb:

I really don't care if you hate it or not , I just really love that game.

Christmas goodies. I buy so much stuff for myself , as well as not wanting to burden my family with buying kinda expensive stuff , that it's sometimes hard to come up with a decent list of things to ask for. In any case I'm happy with what I got. My haul (feel free to laugh):
:wii:Rabbids Go Home
:ds:Scribblenauts
:ds:Drawn to Life : The Next Chapter
:ps3:Uncharted 2
:br:Terminator Salvation
:br:Public Enemy
and a few other random things , including a $25 Subway gift card (would have preferred a different fast food place) and the Halo Evolution book.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm actually debating whether I'll keep Batman: AA. The game is quite good, but the setup of it (the way I play missions) kind of annoys me a bit, and I already have way too much on my plate. Debating if I should ditch it into GameStop along with 3 other games by tomorrow, or just hold onto it for now. I'm just trying to reduce my backlog by a tad for the onslaught of games this Feb.[/QUOTE]

Other than Bayonetta and maybe BioShock 2, there's not much before April with GoW3. [/opinion]

If it's the PS3 batman, I'll pay you more than GS will for it, providing it's mint. ;)

@starknight
I think the problem Im having with it is that it lacks the wow factor found in other titles in the genre. Admittedly, I'm only on the second battle. However, the battle system seems rather archaic and boring compared to say, disgaea. The game very well may pick up later, but its certainly failing to grip me here at the start.

[quote name='DarthPuma']@starknight
I think the problem Im having with it is that it lacks the wow factor found in other titles in the genre. Admittedly, I'm only on the second battle. However, the battle system seems rather archaic and boring compared to say, disgaea. The game very well may pick up later, but its certainly failing to grip me here at the start.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. I admit I might be a tad biased seeing as how I haven't played many of the newer games in the genre (such as Disgaea or Jeanne d'Arc ect.) so the fact that two of my favs are Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre (the SNES/PS1 game not the GBA one) might be a bit telling.

I will say this as far as it being boring. The game does start out rather slow and kinda dull up until somewhere between halfway through and the end of chapter 1. Once you start getting into chapter 2 and beyond the story opens up and becomes far more interesting. Also the battle system stays kinda restrictive until maybe about halfway through the first chapter , give or take how much leveling up you do. Once you open up more classes and abilities the game becomes more fun.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Final Fantasy Tactics taught me that I do not like SRPGs. FFTA confirmed this.[/QUOTE]

FFTA is like a half-assed fusion of FFT and Tactics Ogre , it's not as good as either one of them. To me it was still an ok game , but it makes me long for a true sequel to either one of them that actually looks and plays like the game it's a sequel to.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Final Fantasy Tactics taught me that I do not like SRPGs. FFTA confirmed this.[/QUOTE]

I've tried to get into FFT on PSP so many times, but just couldn't. I don't know what it is.

i got a itouch, Queen's Blade LE for :psp:, and the new samsung camera (watchout! here comes the myspace angle shots XD jkjkjk) from my parents.

debating whether or not to get the FO3 GOTY for :ps3: from Amazon for $40. i got alot of games to finish as it is.

Picking up F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin from half.com Underratted game imo,
loved every second of the first one, and realy enjoyed it when I had it on the

I've always thought FF Tactics was overrated, along with FFVII. I liked the games, but I don't worship them like some people do.

My favorite gift I got for Xmas so far has been the new Farscape DVD boxed set. Just finished with Season 1. Such an underrated show. I have the seasons on the individual DVDs, but they take up so much damn space on my DVD shelf. I'll probably give my old copies to my brother now. I really just wish there was a blu-ray version.

Guess what I got for $50 today?

IMG_2755.jpg

too bad it's the PS3 version. Well, I don't have a PS3 stick.

[quote name='heavyd853']I got socks too![/QUOTE]*high-foot*

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not sure why people have such a disconnect between the two. I have 1000/1000 and while it changes some of the flaws of the first one, all the changes are pretty flawed as well.

I'm not saying it's a bad game -- it's fun for sure. I'm just saying I don't understand people having the complete 180, because I think the changes they've made aren't drastic enough to turn haters into lovers... though this is almost GTA: Renaissance, so I suppose to forced mission structure becomes more of an illusion of freedom... and for what it's worth, this time around, once is enough (I played AC on both 360 and PS3, finishing it twice).[/QUOTE]That's people, for ya. Personally though, I loved AC1, and I'm loving 2 even more.

Me and my sister got our older sister and her Fiance a PS3 Slim as a Chirstmas Gift/House warming gift... It's so small and I kind of want one now.

Final Fantasy Tactics is the only SRPG I've played that I couldn't get into, mostly because of the difficulty it presents on the second or third mission that I couldn't get passed about seven or eight years ago that's kept me from trying it again. I haven't tried the PSP version to see if it's any better about that, but I've played through a lot of Fire Emblem, FFTA, Jeanne D'Arc, Disgaea 3, and Valkyria Chronicles without any troubles in getting into them, so it seems like an issue that only FFT has.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Other than Bayonetta and maybe BioShock 2, there's not much before April with GoW3. [/opinion]

If it's the PS3 batman, I'll pay you more than GS will for it, providing it's mint. ;)[/QUOTE]Since I never bought it used, its definitely mint. I'm honestly not the type to charge much for stuff I sell, mostly because I'm nice and don't care to make profits (I mostly ditch games just to clear room).

Well, for me, I'm only looking forward to Bayonetta and TVC vs. Capcom in Jan. (I MIGHT buy MAG if the co-workers get me into it and I enjoy the public beta we'll see). In Feb., I gotta buy DW Strikeforce (possibly, although I own on PSP), GT5, Heavy Rain, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, Star Ocean: TLHI (beyond huge buy for me), and White Knight Chronicles. In March I have my most wanted game all year, FFXIII, along with GoWIII, Lost Planet 2 (unless it gets pushed back), Resonance of Fate, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, Super Street Fighter IV, and Yakuza 3 (really huge). Dante's Inferno I'll probably get and I'm still considering Quantum Theory, Sky Crawlers, Fragile, and Sakura Wars (Wii version).

I was going to get the Wii version of Sakura Wars. But there is no chance in hell I'll be able to stand the dub so I have to go with the PS2 version.

[quote name='jer7583']Guess what I got for $50 today?

IMG_2755.jpg

too bad it's the PS3 version. Well, I don't have a PS3 stick.[/QUOTE]I really want a PS3 stick. That's an awesome deal; however, I may wait to get a stick.

At first I almost thought that was a SFIV snuggie, since I saw them at FYE today. I considered it, but bought a Kingdom Hearts II snuggie instead. I'm going all out with Kingdom Hearts merchandise soon.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Me and my sister got our older sister and her Fiance a PS3 Slim as a Chirstmas Gift/House warming gift... It's so small and I kind of want one now.[/QUOTE]I love my PS3 slim. Ever since I got one, I can't go back to the fat PS3. I so want to ditch my 20GB PS3 and get another PS3 slim.

As for Sakura Wars, I just don't play my PS2 anymore, and my Wii needs more games. Although I probably won't play it because like I discussed in my blog, if a console doesn't have a centralized buddy list where I can see what friends are playing, its tough for me to play it these days. :lol:

My Wii could certainly sure more games but I still won't get that game for it. Besides the PS2 version is more shiney.

Edit: I'll probaly be hooking my PS2 up again anyway. I picked up Wild Arms 5 and Star Wars Racer Revenge(As much as I hate the prequels I have a softspot for podracing). I also have Devil Summoner 2 sitting there as well...

[quote name='seanr1221']Honest question, mana. Why do you want two PS3s?[/QUOTE]I currently have two PS3 consoles. My Slim is hooked up to my living room TV, while my older 20GB PS3 is hooked to my bedroom TV. I don't use my older PS3 much, but sometimes I use it for Blu-ray or playing some downloads while laying down. I posted about it in a blog:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=10736

The only PlayStation I don't own more than one is PS2, where I hope to buy a PS2 slim sometime next year. I don't own as many PS3 consoles are Markman or another friend of mine.

Somewhat gaming related, I might be driving around to several stores tomorrow trying to track down a particular Kingdom Hearts T-Shirt I really like. 4 locations close to me were sold out, and I have around 8-10 more left in the state to check.

I use my second PS3 for my bedroom. Helps when my wife wants to watch TV in the main room or I have guests over. I dunno about Mana's reasons though...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I currently have two PS3 consoles. My Slim is hooked up to my living room TV, while my older 20GB PS3 is hooked to my bedroom TV. I don't use my older PS3 much, but sometimes I use it for Blu-ray or playing some downloads while laying down. I posted about it in a blog:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=10736

The only PlayStation I don't own more than one is PS2, where I hope to buy a PS2 slim sometime next year. I don't own as many PS3 consoles are Markman or another friend of mine.

Somewhat gaming related, I might be driving around to several stores tomorrow trying to track down a particular Kingdom Hearts T-Shirt I really like. 4 locations close to me were sold out, and I have around 8-10 more left in the state to check.[/QUOTE]
Is it one of the KH shirts from Hot Topic?

Tried the Shadow Complex demo and dug it, so bought it while it' still on sale for 800pts on Live.

Thanks for the tips Dallow! I'll get into it more fully when I get around to beating Batman.

WOOOO!!! I just scored a second DS lite for free! My neighbor was going to trade theirs in at GS but they wouldn't take it because it had (what they said was) a broken hinge. They were going to throw it out but I talked them into giving it to me and as far as I can tell there's nothing the matter with it at all. The hinge isn't making any kind of noise, or anything. There is a small crack in the right hinge, but it's not obvious.. I can paint over it.

bread's done
Back