General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']*sigh*

I'm about to put some of my treasured collection up on Ebay. Having no job sucks :(

-SMT:DDS - Deluxe box set with both games
-Dragon Force X(
-Under Defeat LE (Still sealed)
-Psyvariar 1&2 (PS2)
-DJ Max 2 Orpheus Package
-Biohazard Sound Chronicle Best Track Box (gonna blow gettin rid of that)

I've already cleaned out most of my Dreamcast/Saturn/PSP collection and stripped down my GC/PS2/PS1 collections to the bare essentials :/

I'm debating on selling my sealed Pikmin 2 w/Guide, was there a Wii release planned for it? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Dunno, but I'd probably sell it. I would guess Nintendo would do a wii-release of Pikmin 2 if the wii-release of Pikmin sells alright.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Put up that Pikmin 2 with the guide, Shini. You'll make a nice little sum.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I'll make more than enough for the smog check I need :p

Now for my car tags...

Man, they really f'd up Max Payne for his third appearance

Finally getting into Mass Effect.

Soopa fun, but holy cow, the absolute, hands down, worst fucking frame rate I've encountered in any game this gen. And I played Orange Box PS3.

While it's a bit clumsy for my liking (I don't like the dialogue system setup and some of the menus are clunky), I find that I can't put it down.

Speaking of Max Payne, the GBA title is pretty great, I have been playing quite a bit lately.

She keeps Moet et Chandon in a pretty cabinet.

Bioware games are fun but they are ALWAYS awful technical wise on console. KOTOR,Jade Empire,Mass Effect all have awful technical problems and shitty framerates.

Well, Prototype's ending killed any desire I had to play it ever again :D . Weird that the best boss fight was like 80 percent of the way through and the last one is a retread of an earlier one (except with a timer, and a movie that plays every single time you fail)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']let's get azumanga to go buy a truckload of LEs and ship them to all of us![/QUOTE]
LOLZ :)
I'm going tomorrow evening (gotta work tomorrow) so I doubt I'll find any...there may be a limit but I may be able to buy a few...but again, I'll have like a 5% chance of finding one.
Besides, somebody already asked me:D
And BlazBlue is unbelievable.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahh forget it.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I saw that...

Why is LAIR still over fifty bucks?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

The developers insane?

[quote name='Azumangaman']LOLZ :)
I'm going tomorrow evening (gotta work tomorrow) so I doubt I'll find any...there may be a limit but I may be able to buy a few...but again, I'll have like a 5% chance of finding one.
Besides, somebody already asked me:D
And BlazBlue is unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

:D I know you love every game Azumang, but what is so great about BlazBlue? You keep saying that!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Haha, I saw that...

Why is LAIR still over fifty bucks?
[/QUOTE]
Haha, well if you have any advice, I wouldn't mind ;)

I remember seeing Lair at some store for like $15, and even then I didn't want to get it :p

Wtf on Ebay, when did they impose a max shipping limit? Of course it's so easy to get around since I figured out the work-a-round in like 10 seconds, but this is retarted. I want to ship a game priority mail w/ DC and yet the max shipping amount is $4....?!? I'm taking at least a forced $2-3 loss already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood is really good! I love western games though.. for sure check it out if you like those - way better than the original. The dueling and quick draw mechanics are great, and the level design is pretty unique. I think the setting and weapons feel really different than most FPS games too.

I forgot how fun Halo 3 multi can be - the community made maps in the new playlist are really fun, small, and fast paced. I like it.

I might get Bionic Commando again with the $20 price drop - I sold my copy on amazon after finishing it, but I'd play it again.

[quote name='Persona7']

Bioware games are fun but they are ALWAYS awful technical wise on console. KOTOR,Jade Empire,Mass Effect all have awful technical problems and shitty framerates.[/QUOTE]

didn't notice the framerate... then again, i had it installed if that makes a difference. what i did notice was how much fucking driving there was and how bad it controlled. :bomb:

I ust want more western cowboy style games... GUN got on the right foot but was flawed... I hear Juarez works good as well...

Red Dead Redemption is what I think will finally be the good one, I hope.

[quote name='diddy310']Well, Prototype's ending killed any desire I had to play it ever again :D . Weird that the best boss fight was like 80 percent of the way through and the last one is a retread of an earlier one (except with a timer, and a movie that plays every single time you fail)[/QUOTE]

Finished it today and had the same feeling. The last boss was frustratingly stupid. Even worse was they ran the same cinematics everytime you died or didn't beat him in time. The chick boss fight though, that was fun.

Call of Juarez is great, I recommend everyone check it out. The multiplayer is awesome!! I haven't even beat the first level because every time I load it up to play single player I always end up playing multi.

Hombre FTW

Also, Bionic Commando is definitely worth 20 dollars. I really, really enjoyed it.

One last thing, anyone want any of these games before I put them on eBay?
Major League Baseball 2K9 (360, mint)
Call of Duty 4 (360, very good)
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (360, mint)
Street Fighter IV (360, mint)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360, sealed)
Let me know if you do and we could work on a price.

Alternate Title: General Bitching Thread.
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Yeah the mulitplayer bank robbing game is really fun too - and it's class based.

Another good bonus for Call of Juarez is the story and writing are actually interesting - the brothers back and forth at each other keeps you interested.

EB's all sold out of MSG4 :p

And Darkness, I don't like every game. Just most. Fracture, for instance, is trash.
But BlazBlue is special. I have a lot more fun playing it than SFIV, and SFIV is fantastic.
Just sayin.

[quote name='Flak']Does Rock Band Unplugged really force you to switch instruments on the fly? I really didn't like that in the demo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the entire game is like that and it can get annoying quickly.

What tv did you order Fiz?

I ordered a new video card for my pc today (asus 4890). My old one is taking a crap on me and artifacts and blue screens in all my games so time to replace with something new.

[quote name='Flak']Does Rock Band Unplugged really force you to switch instruments on the fly? I really didn't like that in the demo.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's fun, but nothing amazing.

I'm interested in Call of Juarez despite the first one's demo being so bad. Lots of good impressions.
But there were lots of good impressions for Ghostbusters too. Hmmm.

[quote name='Flak']Does Rock Band Unplugged really force you to switch instruments on the fly? I really didn't like that in the demo.[/QUOTE]It works like the classic Frequency and Amplitude games.

[quote name='fizzywix']My new TV left for delivery today at 5:56 AM and the anticipation waiting for it is killing me.[/QUOTE]I love the feeling.

[quote name='Persona7']REZ HD,Trance vibration. I put the second controller on my cats back.[/QUOTE]Hmm, I think I'll do this too.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Just bought a 80GB BC PS3, HDMI, Dual Shock 3, and Oblivion for 200.00 shipped.[/QUOTE]Nice.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Just bought a 80GB BC PS3, HDMI, Dual Shock 3, and Oblivion for 200.00 shipped.[/QUOTE]
Damn nice pick-up, where from?

Did you play and not like Frequency or Amplitude? If not, then you won't like RBU.

Got it from a guy at GameTZ actually. He needed money for college, so I decided to pick it up.
Now time to scrounge up some money for some exclusives. :p

[quote name='dallow']Gaia Seed on the JPN PSN store.
Buy a copy for $300 on ebay, or get it for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Now I just have to get a Jpn points card. :p

[quote name='Lorddraco07']
What tv did you order Fiz?
[/QUOTE]

I finally ditched my CRT with scratches on the screen for a 32" Panasonic Viera (Not from Amazon though, found a better price).

On another note - Worms 2: Armageddon = awesome.

[quote name='Maklershed']So uhh .. where's Trine? I thought it was supposed to be out by now.[/QUOTE]
They were trying for this week, but now Giant Bomb is "confirming" that it's next week. $20 too.

I have the HDTV upgrade itch.

My 32" sharp LCD is perfectly fine, but I'm thinking of getting a 42" 720p Viera or 40" Bravia (not XBR, one of the cheaper ones.) Bigger would be nice, and I'm sure the technology has improved since my 3 year old Sharp.

The problem is selling the old TV. I don't want random craigslist dudes coming to my apartment and my friends are too poor to even afford a hot deal on it (like $250-300)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back