GGT 131 Has got dat ice cold water, and it's only $1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='heavyd853']Its just like sex! Sound effects included

RAH RAH HAH[/QUOTE]

Better put on 'dat aegis reflector too then.

[quote name='distgfx']I'll make sure you don't break mine. You heavy ass bastard, your hit box is so fat that I could sneeze off screen and it would still hit you. Oh, and remember, people, taunts actually do something in this game.[/QUOTE]

Build meter?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Build meter?[/QUOTE]

It's character specific, Q's and Hugo's build their net life, whereas Ken's makes his next attack more powerful. Some are weird, like Dudley's, he just throws a rose but it gives him a good wake-up game. Whiffing normals is probably what you're thinking of, that builds meter.

For games I'm getting for the remainder of this year, the only two I'm sure I'm going to get day one are:

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3/360)

Probably going to get:

SF3S:O (PS3)

I'm not sure if there are any games I'm planning to get for sure Day 1 the rest of this year. Well, I mean I do have Gears 3 preordered, but that's because of the $20 credit. Most likely though, I'll end up getting Batmang, Uncharted 3, and Ico/SotC collection day 1.

Oh, right, games we're going to buy. Here's my pre-order list:

Tekken Hybrid (PS3)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3)
ICO and SotC Collection (PS3)
Dark Souls (PS3) - This may be cancelled and picked up when it's cheaper
The King of Fighters XIII (PS3) - Still iffy on keeping this pre-ordered, because SNK's track record of netcode is shit
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)

In addition to all this is, of course, Third Strike Online for PS3 and 360.

[quote name='distgfx']
ICO and SotC Collection (PS3)[/QUOTE]

Oh add that too my list too, assuming it comes out before the end of the year.

[quote name='distgfx']
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)[/QUOTE]

Don't think that is coming out till 2012.

[quote name='icebeast']Don't think that is coming out till 2012.[/QUOTE]

I was just listing my pre-orders, not 2011 only games. I don't plan to buy a lot of 2011 games until they're on sale somewhere.

[quote name='distgfx']I was just listing my pre-orders, not 2011 only games. I don't plan to buy a lot of 2011 games until they're on sale somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I mean if we add in games from next year and beyond my list would get a bit longer, I was just focusing on the rest of this year only.

[quote name='icebeast']I mean if we add in games from next year and beyond my list would get a bit longer, I was just focusing on the rest of this year only.[/QUOTE]

Well your list is bigger than mine! :nottalking: If I didn't list them, it would be a very small list since not all of the games on mine are guaranteed to come out in 2011.

[quote name='distgfx']Well your list is bigger than mine! :nottalking: [/QUOTE]

No I'd say we are about equal, I have only two games on my list.

[quote name='icebeast']No I'd say we are about equal, I have only two games on my list.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was going off of what you told me on skype.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh, I was going off of what you told me on skype.[/QUOTE]

I only remember two things from Skype which is what I posted, plus SotC and ICO HD.

[quote name='icebeast']I only remember two things from Skype which is what I posted, plus SotC and ICO HD.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea? Well ... jghfajlgkawjlgrhjeaknbkjalbnjkea.

I'm getting bored of games these days, except for fighters.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh yea? Well ... jghfajlgkawjlgrhjeaknbkjalbnjkea.

I'm getting bored of games these days, except for fighters and Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

Fixed for you ;)

Hold on, I will be getting something on day one.

Gears 3, because it's coming with the xbox. That super sexy :drool::drool:

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Fixed for you ;)[/QUOTE]

Was waiting for that.

[quote name='distgfx']I'm getting bored of games these days, except for fighters.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this weekend will be a gaming marathon to catch up on the gaming I missed out on while I was working on my cosplay costumes. I'll probably try to defeat some games, and then maybe I'll start my next cosplay costumes, haha. I'm really excited to start new ones.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Fixed for you ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']Was waiting for that.[/QUOTE]

I hate both of you.

[quote name='icebeast']I have a feeling this weekend will be a gaming marathon to catch up on the gaming I missed out on while I was working on my cosplay costumes. I'll probably try to defeat some games, and then maybe I'll start my next cosplay costumes, haha. I'm really excited to start new ones.[/QUOTE]

Icebeast's day in?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow. Way to fuck up Sony. Guess I'm spending that $250 I had for a Vita on something else for myself this Christmas.

Dumbasses.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda ok with it, but whatever. I was hoping it would be out in time for Christmas, but I'd rather them wait and take a little longer to iron out whatever needs to be fixed than for it to be a rushed product.

[quote name='jello44']I'm kinda ok with it, but whatever. I was hoping it would be out in time for Christmas, but I'd rather them wait and take a little longer to iron out whatever needs to be fixed than for it to be a rushed product.[/QUOTE]

How are they shipping to Japan before year end then? They obviously plan to meet Japanese demand, which seems to be higher than that for the 3DS...

So instead of selling it during the busiest/craziest retail season in both Europe and the US, they decide to sell in Japan only...

Given that my birthday's approximately half a year from Christmas and probably several months after release (whenever that is...), I probably won't get one now until they've made the PSV 3000 and I can get it for $150. :lol:

--

Hank, Sony has decided to only release the Vita in JPN in 2011, so they're missing the Christmas shopping season both here and in Europe.

You would think they wouldn't want to miss the holiday season or in this case, lose it to the 3DS.

Is there anything holding them back from releasing it overseas sooner or is this just a crazy ass decision by Sony?

[quote name='Indignate']You would think they wouldn't want to miss the holiday season or in this case, lose it to the 3DS.

Is there anything holding them back from releasing it overseas sooner or is this just a crazy ass decision by Sony?[/QUOTE]

Crazy ass decision by Sony, this has not been their year at all..

It makes sense actually.

Japan is huge into handhelds, especially the PSP as of late. You know it'll sell like mad there.

So I'm guessing they could release it everywhere and not have enough units for everyone, or let Japan go berserk over it first, then slide us some when supply increases.

They chose the latter.

I see Uraizen is playing RPGs again.

B0zb3.png

[quote name='Indignate']You would think they wouldn't want to miss the holiday season or in this case, lose it to the 3DS.

Is there anything holding them back from releasing it overseas sooner or is this just a crazy ass decision by Sony?[/QUOTE]

Unless production isn't high enough to meet intiial demand in all markets... I suppose the Japanese have the highest interest level potentially, but the US and European markets have a commerce-centric holiday at the end of the year... I still think it's stupid, partially from a logic point of view and partially from an "I wanted one for Christmas" point of view. They've seriously lost a early adopter sale from me, most likely.

This move is setting it up to be the PSP all over again. Creating a supply shortage is good in a lot of cases; it creates demand and your product leaves shelves as soon as it hits, like the Wii in those initial months. Imagine how many kids will want to show off their PSV because Santa was able to bring them one... and imagine all the friends being so excited they ask for it for their birthdays or start saving their giftcards for it. How many kids are going to ask for a 3DS for Christmas instead of a Vita... the list goes on and on.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow. Way to fuck up Sony. Guess I'm spending that $250 I had for a Vita on something else for myself this Christmas.

Dumbasses.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, same here. Guess I'll see about picking up a DSI or something to take care of me while I'm travelling in February.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, same here. Guess I'll see about picking up a DSI or something to take care of me while I'm travelling in February.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty disappointed and wanted to say "fine, I'll just get a 3DS instead"

But then I came to my senses.

I'll have more money for games this year, which is good.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dat Gears 3.[/QUOTE]
I might get it even though I'm not a fan of it...even thought that makes no sense.

[quote name='icebeast']I have a feeling this weekend will be a gaming marathon to catch up on the gaming I missed out on while I was working on my cosplay costumes. I'll probably try to defeat some games, and then maybe I'll start my next cosplay costumes, haha. I'm really excited to start new ones.[/QUOTE]

I want to do that since I'll be off tomorrow until 11pm Saturday night. Thought about buying Splatterhouse and playing through it.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Kinda disappointed you can't really deviate from the main storyline of Catherine, despite the whole good/evil scale.[/QUOTE]

Well, a lot of what goes through Vincent's head does change depending on your choices. And while you can't exactly change the main story for the most part, your choices do determine the ending. If you could deviate from the cheating aspect, it would change the game entirely, so I can understand why they don't allow you to change that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']ISTP seems kinda short. I'm already at 99% map and I think I'm almost at the final boss.[/QUOTE]

How much time did you put into it?

[quote name='ihadFG']Well, a lot of what goes through Vincent's head does change depending on your choices. And while you can't exactly change the main story for the most part, your choices do determine the ending. If you could deviate from the cheating aspect, it would change the game entirely, so I can understand why they don't allow you to change that.

How much time did you put into it?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say... 5-7 hours maybe?

Let me see if it tracks.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I spent about 15 hours into it, it was worth my 60 bucks[/QUOTE]

He was talking about ITSP.

[quote name='ihadFG']He was talking about ITSP.[/QUOTE]

Oh...........

well the trial for it was fun, not sure if I would pick it up for 15 though

I'd be better with it if it was 800 ($10).
No timer. Hard to say, I played on and off for a couple hours at a time yesterday.

I would say 8 at most... I have like 20/24 and 17/19 for the collectibles i think and 99% completion for the map... need to check out the latern run stuff after I figure out what the deal with the (final?) boss is.

[quote name='whoknows']I was pretty disappointed and wanted to say "fine, I'll just get a 3DS instead"

But then I came to my senses.

I'll have more money for games this year, which is good.[/QUOTE]
I would feel the same but I'm just not looking forward to that many games this year. It kind of sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back