GGT 131 Has got dat ice cold water, and it's only $1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']KoFXIII? It is coming out, check amazon.

Yea, 3sO is only $15.[/QUOTE]

He meant Max Payne.

But yeah, KoFXIII! :drool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes, it's $15. Not sure why he thinks it's $20...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why he thinks KoFXIII is $60 either, it's $50.

[quote name='Indignate']He meant Max Payne.

But yeah, KoFXIII! :drool:[/QUOTE]

My bad.

:rofl: @ KoFXIII. If it's anything like XI or whatever, it's going to be a trainwreck.

--

Doesn't that guy realize he could do gamefly for $10 a month and not spend $1200? :rofl:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Thinking about getting 999 for my train ride, hmm.[/QUOTE]

If you're alright with a ton of reading, then it's a fantastic game.

[quote name='panzerfaust']If the game had more sex appeal it would probably sell better. Mai can't do it alone.[/QUOTE]

Mai... :drool:
After the last game, I'm gunshy on any KoF game. :cry:

[quote name='whoknows']Train? What is this. 1910?[/QUOTE]

I hope he hits you with a serious rebuttal.

So you can than counter with another sarcastic remark.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']I heard from a reliable source that KoF is the greatest fighting game series ever.[/QUOTE]

Does this reliable source go by the name of
Paco?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Cheaper than a plane yo and faster than a bus

SARCASM INCOMING[/QUOTE]

I commend your wise use of money.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Doesn't that guy realize he could do gamefly for $10 a month and not spend $1200? :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Truth. That's how I've been doing it.

Here's my list of purchases for the rest of the year-

AC:R (getting it for $20 thanks to my sister's sudden and complete love of Ezio)
Batman CE
Gears 3
Ico Collection
UMvC3

Also, whoa. This is the first time I won't be buying a Halo on release this gen.

[quote name='whoknows']My buy list for the rest of the year is:

Sonic Generations (PS3)
Sonic Generations (360)[/QUOTE]

Excellent list.

I'm still waiting for Sonic 4 part 2.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Excellent list.

I'm still waiting for Sonic 4 part 2.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I see that game
in my dreams

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I just bought the Humble Bundle for
a penny
, does this make me a bad person?[/QUOTE]

They made negative money off of you because of paypal fees, so yes.

I was going to pay a nickel for the second one but that picture of a sad and (presumably) homeless game dev hit me hard so I paid a dollar.

[quote name='distgfx']They made negative money off of you because of paypal fees, so yes.[/QUOTE]

Am I a bad person if I buy it
more than once for a penny each time?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Excellent list.

I'm still waiting for Sonic 4 part 2.[/QUOTE]

Here's hopping it doesn't 'Half Life 2: Episode 3' itself.

[quote name='whoknows']Am I a bad person if I buy it
[/QUOTE]
I think you get the Hitler Emmy in that case.

[quote name='whoknows']Am I a bad person if I buy it
[/QUOTE]

Yes, Sonic would forever disown you.

The next Humble Bundle that comes out, I'll pay 5 bucks or so for it.

I got Minecraft with the Humble Bundle too, too bad I won't play it

2011-08-01-bp25.jpg

http://battlepug.com/

Just putting this here for those not in FGT land

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Truth. That's how I've been doing it.

Here's my list of purchases for the rest of the year-

AC:R (getting it for $20 thanks to my sister's sudden and complete love of Ezio)
Batman CE
Gears 3
Ico Collection
UMvC3

Also, whoa. This is the first time I won't be buying a Halo on release this gen.[/QUOTE]

Purchases:
Gears 3
Arkham City (probably not CE, because the case sucks ass. If it was a steelbook, I'd do it.)
SotC/ICO
GoW:Origins
Dark Souls

Maybe:
Skyrim
UMvC3
MGSHD

Gamefly list:
ME2 (need to finish insanity)
DR2 (need to platinum)
DR2:Off The Record
Uncharted 3
Yakuza 3 & 4
Shadows of the Damned
Alice
etc.

I usually pay at least $1 a game for humble bundles. That's fair. But I give it all to the charities. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Purchases:
Gears 3
Arkham City (probably not CE, because the case sucks ass. If it was a steelbook, I'd do it.)
SotC/ICO
GoW:Origins
Dark Souls

Maybe:
Skyrim
UMvC3
MGSHD

Gamefly list:
ME2 (need to finish insanity)
DR2 (need to platinum)
DR2:Off The Record
Uncharted 3
Yakuza 3 & 4
Shadows of the Damned
Alice
etc.[/QUOTE]
Fuuuuck, thanks for reminding me of my preorder for Off the Record and MGSHD! I preordered that back when it was announced! I think I'll wait for a deal on GoW: Origins. I'll also have MW3 when it comes out because my dad preordered it after E3.

Gamefly list till the end of the year:
Catherine
Captain America
Green Lantern
War in the North
NMH: Paradise
Dead Island
Deus Ex
Halo
Rage
Bodycount
Battlefield 3
Skyrim

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Fuuuuck, thanks for reminding me of my preorder for Off the Record and MGSHD! I preordered that back when it was announced! I think I'll wait for a deal on GoW: Origins. I'll also have MW3 when it comes out because my dad preordered it after E3.[/quote]

Catherine and Dead Island are on my list too.
I might check out Battlefield 3 if the reviews say the campaign is worthwhile. I'm actively trying to avoid the CoD franchise like the plague now, so fuck that game... especially after the drama after MW2.

I'll probably wait for deals on some of those games (GoW:Origins, MGSHD, etc.); I think my only day 1 purchases are SotC/ICO since it's already paid for, Dark Souls, and Batman. Skyrim is on the "probably buy" list because if it's like Oblivion, it's going to take forever for me to do just about everything, so it might be worth an investment... but I'll probably look for a cheapass deal on that as well.

I really wish Batman CE was better... I love the statue, but hate the box. Box = no sale.

fuck, Demon Souls is so good once you get past the steep learning curve. They could have smoothed that out a little better, but whatever.
Are all the different worlds of the same difficulty? I just beat the second boss on world 1, and I need to finish another world to do the third. Does it matter which I pick? Should I just go in order?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Catherine and Dead Island are on my list too.
I might check out Battlefield 3 if the reviews say the campaign is worthwhile. I'm actively trying to avoid the CoD franchise like the plague now, so fuck that game... especially after the drama after MW2.

I'll probably wait for deals on some of those games (GoW:Origins, MGSHD, etc.); I think my only day 1 purchases are SotC/ICO since it's already paid for, Dark Souls, and Batman. Skyrim is on the "probably buy" list because if it's like Oblivion, it's going to take forever for me to do just about everything, so it might be worth an investment... but I'll probably look for a cheapass deal on that as well.

I really wish Batman CE was better... I love the statue, but hate the box. Box = no sale.[/QUOTE]
I'll only be playing BF3 for the campaign, same with MW3. What drama from MW2? The whole IW thing or No Russian? I would wait on MGS but I already preordered it and I know that MGS3 will consume as it did when it came out.

I agree with you on the Batman CE. I'm disappointed by the lack of real case, but I'm okay with it because I have more than one extra case and a buddy's going to hook me up with cover art. I probably wouldn't have even bought it if it wasn't for the statue. I can't resist adding it to my collection of the Japanese Batman figs.

[quote name='linkpwns']fuck, Demon Souls is so good once you get past the steep learning curve. They could have smoothed that out a little better, but whatever.
Are all the different worlds of the same difficulty? I just beat the second boss on world 1, and I need to finish another world to do the third. Does it matter which I pick? Should I just go in order?[/QUOTE]

Until you have decent magic, you may want to stay away from world 3. The mind-flayers can be a bastard. World 4-1 isn't bad. Stay away from world 5 for now. 2-1 is manageable, 2-2 is a pain in the nuts.

--

I never really liked MGS3. Maybe the second time around with the Subsistence version...

For me...
Definitely
Gears 3
Batman Collector's Edition
Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition
Ico/Shadows
Metal Gear Solid Collection
Skyrim
Super Mario Land 3D

Maybe
Modern Warfare 3
Ultimate MvC3
Spider-Man Edge of Time (probably wait for this to be cheap)

I just noticed that about the Batman CE...the game is just tucked into the artbook cover?

My real buy list is:

Deus Ex
Sonic Generations
Vita

The maybe's after I know I can afford the vita are

Batman and the rest.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Until you have decent magic, you may want to stay away from world 3. The mind-flayers can be a bastard. World 4-1 isn't bad. Stay away from world 5 for now. 2-1 is manageable, 2-2 is a pain in the nuts.[/QUOTE]

Okay, but seriously, how am I rationally supposed to beat a fat fuck who throws fireballs from across the bridge, even with thief ring equipped? I'm too far to lock on, and too shitty at aiming (unless there's some mechanic I'm missing) to do any real damage to him before I get killed.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
I never really liked MGS3. Maybe the second time around with the Subsistence version...[/QUOTE]MGS3 is my favorite game ever. I beat it to death on the PS2 and I'm looking forward to reliving that. :lol:

[quote name='linkpwns']fuck, Demon Souls is so good once you get past the steep learning curve. They could have smoothed that out a little better, but whatever.
Are all the different worlds of the same difficulty? I just beat the second boss on world 1, and I need to finish another world to do the third. Does it matter which I pick? Should I just go in order?[/QUOTE]

4-1, definitely. I just watch out for the rolling skeletons and the arrow traps.

Just Cause 2 is just plain fun to play. I wish I had more games like it.

[quote name='linkpwns']Okay, but seriously, how am I rationally supposed to beat a fat fuck who throws fireballs from across the bridge, even with thief ring equipped? I'm too far to lock on, and too shitty at aiming (unless there's some mechanic I'm missing) to do any real damage to him before I get killed.[/QUOTE]

In 2-1? The dude on the pillar where you need to balance beam across a little into the mine? His fireballs are pretty slow/predictable if you watch for the timing. Either dodge them as you go across and just leave him alone, or dodge, dodge closer, lock on, arrow, etc.

If you get stuck in one world, try another -- but world 5 is the most draining world there is, especially 5-2. I dread that fucking place, no matter how strong my character is. 4-1 is highly manageable, but you need to deal with the bastard skeletons at the beginning.
If you go to 4-1 you can get revenge on the mini-boss of the tutorial. :) Just watch out for the manta rays.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: (1) Get a good bow. Upgrade your dexterity. (2) Get the basic magic spells... especially soul arrow or soul ray or whatever it is. It makes life much more manageable.

What class did you choose? I had soul arrow as a spell because I was a Royal. That spell made surviving in the beginning much better.

--

I feel much better about the $40 I paid for MK9 vs the $5 I paid for MvC3 SE. Much better. I feel like I actually got something for my $40 instead of being sold "$70" worth of game that wasn't worth $5. :rofl:

--

This sounds fucking retarded. This is what you were keeping from us Capcom? (SF3SOE DLC) Bad form:

Titled "Fight for the Future" -- I see what they did there -- this unique DLC is not playable, but rather the results from an invitation only tournament Capcom held at their offices earlier this year. For this super-secret showdown Capcom flew in 16 of the worlds greatest Street Fighter players from around the world -- including the likes of EG Justin Wong, Amir and Tokido.

Details for how this DLC will work were vague, but I can only imagine that it will incorporate the games downloadable replay system. As for the winner... well Capcom told the fans on-hand that they will just have to wait till August to see who came out on top.

Unfortunately no firm date and price for the "Fight for the Future" tournament were mentioned during the panel. With a "wide variety" of DLC planned for Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition hopefully Capcom keeps things on the relatively inexpensive side.

[quote name='whoknows']Should I buy MK KE for $60 even though I have the game on PS3?[/QUOTE]

Not worth it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This sounds fucking retarded. This is what you were keeping from us Capcom? (SF3SOE DLC) Bad form:

Titled "Fight for the Future" -- I see what they did there -- this unique DLC is not playable, but rather the results from an invitation only tournament Capcom held at their offices earlier this year. For this super-secret showdown Capcom flew in 16 of the worlds greatest Street Fighter players from around the world -- including the likes of EG Justin Wong, Amir and Tokido.

Details for how this DLC will work were vague, but I can only imagine that it will incorporate the games downloadable replay system. As for the winner... well Capcom told the fans on-hand that they will just have to wait till August to see who came out on top.

Unfortunately no firm date and price for the "Fight for the Future" tournament were mentioned during the panel. With a "wide variety" of DLC planned for Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition hopefully Capcom keeps things on the relatively inexpensive side.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so if I'm understanding this correctly, the DLC is just replays from that tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back