GGT 131 Has got dat ice cold water, and it's only $1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dream where I kept hearing the song in the OP slowed way, wayyyyy down and I only heard it when I killed someone. Most unsettling shit ever.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I had a dream where I kept hearing the song in the OP slowed way, wayyyyy down and I only heard it when I killed someone. Most unsettling shit ever.[/QUOTE]

You didn't want to pay 1 dolla for nice cold wata

I expect Dark Soul's to be even harder if they add in check points.

Can't wait for more people to complain about how hard of a game it will be and thus say "hard=bad."

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This makes me worried. :([/QUOTE]

Takes out the main reason I didn't like Demon's Souls. I don't mind the difficulty, I do mind having to repeat the same part over and over though.

[quote name='j-cart']I expect Dark Soul's to be even harder if they add in check points.

Can't wait for more people to complain about how hard of a game it will be and thus say "hard=bad."[/QUOTE]

I'm imagining Demon's Souls with checkpoints and it's horrible. Half of the tension and atmosphere was caused by the lack of checkpoints. Imagine dying on Flamelurker and being respawned right outside the boss gate. :(

[quote name='whoknows']Takes out the main reason I didn't like Demon's Souls. I don't mind the difficulty, I do mind having to repeat the same part over and over though.[/QUOTE]

Oxy-moronic. Adding checkpoints takes out a portion of the difficulty -- no reason to learn the map and grind souls and such if you can just keep retrying until you beat it, even if you get lucky.

[quote name='BlueScrote']That's because you are busted.[/QUOTE]

:speaktothehand:

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']You know what we are talking about on Skype next time I'm on ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't you dare.

[quote name='whoknows']Checkpoints in Darksouls makes me more interested in the game.[/QUOTE]

There's checkpoints in the game now? Oh dear.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Oxy-moronic. Adding checkpoints takes out a portion of the difficulty -- no reason to learn the map and grind souls and such if you can just keep retrying until you beat it, even if you get lucky.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with that. If the levels were short like say...Devil May Cry starting from the beginning after you died wouldn't really be a big deal. But they're not. At least not in Demon's Souls.

EDIT: Maybe they'll have penalties if you do restart from a checkpoint. That'll keep people who don't like the checkpoints happy.

Ding! What frost said.

Loved the fact that in DS there was only one game mode and it only got harder. Hoping that Dark Souls doesn't try to cater to a bigger audience by making the game easier.

The Fraternal Brotherhood of Demon's Souls was an elite fraternity. Only mentally prepared men and women were allowed through the doors of the Boletaria.

There's being difficult and being difficult in the wrong way, and having to repeat a whole level because you died is difficult in the wrong way IMO.

I mean, once again take DMC, in 4 if you wanted you could restart where you died, but lose all the points you've gained up to that point, but it let you restart at say...a boss fight that could still easily destroy you over and over and over again, even though you were restarting right at it. That lets you get better at the part where you're having trouble without having to repeat the level all over again in order to retry the part where you need practice, and eventually you'll be good enough to beat the whole level, including the boss without dying.

[quote name='whoknows']There's being difficult and being difficult in the wrong way, and having to repeat a whole level because you died is difficult in the wrong way IMO.

I mean, once again take DMC, in 4 if you wanted you could restart where you died, but lose all the points you've gained up to that point, but it let you restart at say...a boss fight that could still easily destroy you over and over and over again, even though you were restarting right at it. That lets you get better at the part where you're having trouble without having to repeat the level all over again in order to retry the part where you need practice, and eventually you'll be good enough to beat the whole level, including the boss without dying.[/QUOTE]
I feel the exact same way. Also, I'm actually looking forward to DS for the multiplayer. I think I might really enjoy it because of the mp.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']You didn't want to pay 1 dolla for nice cold wata[/QUOTE]

283000_10150270008121166_681791165_7651344_8088382_n.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I feel the exact same way. Also, I'm actually looking forward to DS for the multiplayer. I think I might really enjoy it because of the mp.[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls had a MP. It is basically the same thing in Dark Souls.

Next time whoknows, just don't die :) It wasn't like DS was a hard game or anything. It was just unforgiving if you made a mistake.

[quote name='icebeast']
283000_10150270008121166_681791165_7651344_8088382_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Best thing ever.

----------
So I just got an e-mail from PUR which mentions the various preorders I have and it listed the codes for the DKR skin and the Penguin lounge in my Batman CE as "early access" codes. So I'm guessing this is like the whole Batman armor at Wal-mart thing where it unlocks after you beat the game or something. Also, I'm totally not sure of why they put a digital version of the game's soundtrack (or what songs are by "hit artists"?) and Gotham Knight on there...

Edit: Wait, I thought that Dark Souls had a Monster Hunter-type of MP? I'll be honest, I haven't actually looked at it but that's what my friend told me.

[quote name='whoknows']There's being difficult and being difficult in the wrong way, and having to repeat a whole level because you died is difficult in the wrong way IMO.

I mean, once again take DMC, in 4 if you wanted you could restart where you died, but lose all the points you've gained up to that point, but it let you restart at say...a boss fight that could still easily destroy you over and over and over again, even though you were restarting right at it. That lets you get better at the part where you're having trouble without having to repeat the level all over again in order to retry the part where you need practice, and eventually you'll be good enough to beat the whole level, including the boss without dying.[/QUOTE]

This is partially true. But in Demon's Souls, going through the level again did 2 things for you -- it tuned your mechanics and it gave you souls. Souls you could use to level up. To help you with that boss. It'd be the same way in DMC if DMC didn't have a checkpoints, keep playing til you can combo like a fiend and style like a motherfucker and meanwhile, you'll earn a ton of xp to use in getting more life or stronger moves or better abilities.

And if you think the levels in Demon's Souls are long, you're doing something wrong. The game had checkpoints already (sorta), in that you got a new section/waypoint of a world to start at after a section's boss. But that's besides the point. A speed run of the game can be done in less than 2 hours. I've done it when I needed rare stones in world 4-3 to reappear so I could get my platinum. When I got tired of grinding, I beat the game, started again, then enemies were harder/more aggressive/basically 1-hit kills, but between knowing the game mechanics and the worlds, I was back at the end of world 4-3 in approximately 20 minutes.

A large majority of the game is taking the time to learn the worlds and learn the mechanics... the first time takes forever, because you are afraid of everything and afraid of losing souls. A large amount of the game time (120 hours for my platinum) was grinding levels or grinding rare stones. Granted, I was a dick and fought back against the game any way I could. Stealth kill of the boss of 1-4 -- using obstacles against flamelurker in 2-2 -- using the hit and run blindspot against the boss of 4-2, etc.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I've only bought 2 copies of it, one original and one GOTY edition, good game ;)[/QUOTE]
I've bought 3 (maybe 4) vanilla copies, 2 GOTY copies, all DLC twice, and the downloadable PSN version which came with everything. I'm really tempted to hit up purple haired girl to see if she'd play this with me when it comes out if I offer to buy her a copy.

If my computer will play it then I will buy it on Steam, too. I plan on buying lots of shit on Steam once I get this awesome new comp of mine.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If my computer will play it then I will buy it on Steam, too. I plan on buying lots of shit on Steam once I get this awesome new comp of mine.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to spend a good amount of money on Steam

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Be prepared to spend a good amount of money on Steam[/QUOTE]
Oh, I am! I'm so excited to finally take part in a real Steam sale! What's the next Steam sale that's coming up, btw? Christmas sale?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Oh, I am! I'm so excited to finally take part in a real Steam sale! What's the next Steam sale that's coming up, btw? Christmas sale?[/QUOTE]

I think so, not too positive about it (I want to say there is a Thanksgiving sale, but I'm not too sure), but yeah, you'll spend some money, but you'll be saving a lot of it too. I got Fallout 3: GOTY Edition for only 10 bucks during the summer sale

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I think so, not too positive about it (I want to say there is a Thanksgiving sale, but I'm not too sure), but yeah, you'll spend some money, but you'll be saving a lot of it too. I got Fallout 3: GOTY Edition for only 10 bucks during the summer sale[/QUOTE]
I may triple dip on Fallout 3 if they have it that cheap next sale. I can't wait to see all the games they put on sale that I'll actually be able to play!

Borderlands 2 has dual wielding? fuck yes.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Steam has every week:
daily deal; mid-week madness; weekend deal
Bigger sales are usually end of the year and summer.[/QUOTE]
Okay, thanks Frostybro! :D

[quote name='whoknows']If Steam had FFXIII I'd buy it.

So far I haven't bought anything on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I've spent like, 5 bucks on steam.

It was like 1.25 for Audiosurf and about 3 bucks for Poker Night.

Only got TF2 because it was free. (though I did spend five bucks to get keys so I could get a premium account).

And Borderlands 2? Yay.

I'm excited for Borderlands 2, already got a thread up for it and everything.

But yeah, I think I have only spent under 50 bucks on Steam, haven't really gotten much (and plus alot of my games are gifts from other people)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']Will do the same thing with this one that I did with the first.
Buy it when it's $5 during a Steam sale.
[/QUOTE]
Amen to this. :cool:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Oh, I am! I'm so excited to finally take part in a real Steam sale! What's the next Steam sale that's coming up, btw? Christmas sale?[/QUOTE]
They like to have a Thanksgiving sale, so that's probably the next big one.

Then Christmas sale shows up and kills my wallet.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Steam has every week:
daily deal; mid-week madness; weekend deal
Bigger sales are usually end of the year and summer.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='whoknows']Checkpoints in Darksouls makes me more interested in the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This makes me worried. :([/QUOTE]

Checkpoints are for sissy's. The lack of checkpoints in Demons Souls really created a lot of the tension in the game.

My mom yelled at me for being on the computer too much, she says I set a bad example for my little brother :cry:

Even though all I do anymore is read and write on it. Wish I had a game to play!

Played the From Dust and ITSP demos.

From Dust bored me. And the controls seemed ill-suited to a controller. I feel like it would be better with a mouse. Even so, doubt I'll even get the PC version.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, however, was pretty sweet. I'll probably buy it.

And lo, on the third day, my Dual Shock 3 has risen from the dead.

Actually, I read that if it won't turn on at all, try charging it for a few days. Lights wouldn't even turn on, even when plugged in. PS3 didn't see it. But after spending two days attached to my PC, I noticed the lights were on. Working fine now. ^__^

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Go spend 5 bucks, get 11 games from the humble indie bundle 3. Steam redeemable. Joel, I'm looking at you. :p[/QUOTE]
I actually bought the second bundle (which included the games from the first one) when it came out and bought the third last night! :D

Spent $1 for the second bundle and $7 for the third.

That man has the shittiest taste in games, and is spending so much money because of it.

I'm getting 3s and ICO collection. Then a bunch of other sweet games that will be 80% cheaper come January.

[quote name='whoknows']Max Payne is coming out this year?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but he has the prices wrong for both 3sO and KoFXIII.

[quote name='distgfx']Probably not, but he has the prices wrong for both 3sO and KoFXIII.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it'll ever come out. I'd buy it if it did....

And is 3So $15?

[quote name='whoknows']I wonder if it'll ever come out. I'd buy it if it did....

And is 3So $15?[/QUOTE]

KoFXIII? It is coming out, check amazon.

Yea, 3sO is only $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back