GGT 157 Thinks Black Friday is Racist, Doesn't Give a Damn That DarkNessBear Is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assassin's Creed Revelations is pretty good so far... AI seems more buggy than the previous games. Every time I encounter a cowardly Templar Den leader they always end up killing themselves while running away from me - first one ran directly into the river.

The stuff with Desmond is pretty strange as well but they are nice for finally fleshing out his backstory. - small spoiler about the mechanics of those sections -
They are really awkward first person platforming where you have the ability to generate straight/ramp platforms in front of you. You don't have the normal AC controls either - just walking and a very short jump

[quote name='distgfx']Define decent amount, because I recall playing it for a month then giving up because of the god awful netcode.[/QUOTE]

Was the netcode really that bad? I just remember the menu implementation being god awful. The MK netcode on the other hand was....sub par

[quote name='hankmecrankme']lol Somebody bought me Space Siege for PC. I can't tell you how many times I looked at it every time it's been on sale on Steam. Almost bought it so many times just because it looks like something I'd play. ^__^[/QUOTE]

When gift-trolls backfire. I'm moderately interested in Space Siege but it got awful reviews.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
When gift-trolls backfire. I'm moderately interested in Space Siege but it got awful reviews.[/QUOTE]

Lol, when we gift-troll people, it's almost always something that's so dumb that they actually do want to play it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Was the netcode really that bad? I just remember the menu implementation being god awful. The MK netcode on the other hand was....sub par[/QUOTE]

Yea, it was pretty bad, but not as bad as MK's.

EDIT:

Alright, so, I finished that Jurassic Park game Sony was giving away for free with PSN+ subs. Know what pisses me off? When you die because you miss a QTE. Know what pisses me off even more? When that death is because the game was fucking stuttering/freezing during the QTE and you miss it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']The GAF down for maintenance image is ridiculously bad. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Its what they get for trying to get rid of me. Ya hear me!?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Its what they get for trying to get rid of me. Ya hear me!?[/QUOTE]

But the maintenance is good -- their finally adding post/thread search and multiquote. :bouncy:

It's just the image that's laughable.

[quote name='Indignate']I watched three episodes of My Little Pony.

Does that make me cool?[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's why you were sorry.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']But the maintenance is good -- their finally adding post/thread search and multiquote. :bouncy:

It's just the image that's laughable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the GAF forum software was ages behind what it should be for such a popular forum.

What to play next:

More Arkham City
Start Deus Ex
Start MGS HD
Start BttF

Also have BioShock 2 (it's not that time of year, that's a Christmas vacation game for me for some reason), Sengoku Basara (not really feeling this after just finishing up with Yakuza 3), and Eternal Sonata (don't have the JRPG itch). Skyrim's in there as well, but since it's PS3, I'm waiting for the patch that fixes the stuttering/save issue from save files growing too large before I bother to start.

[quote name='j-cart']So who has their Mo-vember stache's in full effect?[/QUOTE]

Yoshi.
Though it's part of my beard. :p

[quote name='Indignate']I watched three episodes of My Little Pony.

Does that make me cool?[/QUOTE]

It makes you a member of Gaf. Congratulations, you made the cut.

[quote name='j-cart']So who has their Mo-vember stache's in full effect?[/QUOTE]
I rock a full beard year round.

I'm no poser that only does it for one month. :nottalking:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I rock a full beard year round.

I'm no poser that only does it for one month. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Which is strange, because you've been told on several occasions that you have the appearance of a serial killer.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

A remarkably accurate movie title.

Gave in and bought Vanquish.

If I find I can't change it from the English voice acting when it gets here I'm throwing it out the window.

Also, it sucks.

3 years ago, I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving break playing through Xenogears. It was fucking awesome. I wanna do that again soon.

2 years ago, I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving break playing through Chrono Cross. It was less awesome, but still very awesome.

Last year, I was working on law shit.

This year, I'm working on law shit.

Not as awesome :(

But I will play Stranglehold tonight. I played like 5 minutes of it and it was a lot more solid than I remember it being when I played the 360 demo in 2007.

[quote name='Chacrana']Which is strange, because you've been told on several occasions that you have the appearance of a serial killer.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

A remarkably accurate movie title.[/QUOTE]
I do look like a serial killer at times.

I may look trustworthy, but that's all part of my act.

I just want to see your mutilated body in the trunk of my car. ^__^

I want to be known as the Border Down Killer, who plays Border Down while his victims are forced to watch.

[quote name='whoknows']Gave in and bought Vanquish.

If I find I can't change it from the English voice acting when it gets here I'm throwing it out the window.[/QUOTE]
Vanquish is good shit. I still need to cop a copy.

[quote name='Chacrana']Also, it sucks.

3 years ago, I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving break playing through Xenogears. It was fucking awesome. I wanna do that again soon.

2 years ago, I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving break playing through Chrono Cross. It was less awesome, but still very awesome.

Last year, I was working on law shit.

This year, I'm working on law shit.

Not as awesome :(

But I will play Stranglehold tonight. I played like 5 minutes of it and it was a lot more solid than I remember it being when I played the 360 demo in 2007.[/QUOTE]
I will be playing Arkham City for Thanksgiving. Ass's Creed 2 going down probably Monday, since I'll actually be home long enough to finish it.

[quote name='panzerfaust']facial hair itches, think ill drop out of the competition soon =[[/QUOTE]
Pussy.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Vanquish is good shit. I still need to cop a copy.
[/QUOTE]

Ps3 version is $5 at Bestbuy.com, so...

[quote name='Chacrana']Ps3 version is $5 at Bestbuy.com, so...[/QUOTE]

New is sold out online, preowned is all that's left.

I'll just snag it whenever.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Where?!?[/QUOTE]
Hopefully on my lap tonight. :drool:

[quote name='linkpwns']JSP keeps texting me coke-sweet-nothings.[/QUOTE]
Why are you texting yourself?

[quote name='whoknows']I get to work 3-11 on Thanksgiving.

If I could be jealous of myself I would be.[/QUOTE]
Get me some pics of your hot boss lady and I'll be jealous.

I just found proof on my computer that I've gone to a brokencyde concert.

It's very saddening. I'm going to pretend that I never found it and go back to watching My Little Pony.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Get me some pics of your hot boss lady and I'll be jealous.[/QUOTE]

You'd probably be disappointed.

[quote name='whoknows']You'd probably be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

My standards are pretty low. Try me. I'd toss a few nuts her direction, provided she's not a hunchback, 500 pounds, or 85.

Is that the Kraken talking? Might be.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My standards are pretty low. Try me. I'd toss a few nuts her direction, provided she's not a hunchback, 500 pounds, or 85.

Is that the Kraken talking? Might be.[/QUOTE]

Lower standards = more women

[quote name='j-cart']Lower standards = more women[/QUOTE]

This is so true. ^__^

Also applies to music, movies, video games, and food.

Lower your standards and you'll reap a bounty of shit.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Ariesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

I'mma kill you!!![/QUOTE]

Can you imagine them saying, instead of "Hosstilllessss"... "Kraaaattooosss".

It might actually work. I mean, just give them regular bows instead of torque bows. :lol:

Speaking of, I need to hop on Gears 3 to get my medal for the weekend event. :cool:

--

Shit, a copy of UMvC3 in a Gamestop up in Albany... still, that's too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back