GGT #17 is going to be the very best!

CaptainJoel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
That no one ever waaaaas!

Anyways, I just woke up and was surprised that #16 was locked before the 500 post mark. Posting this then playing more Pokemons.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Anyways, I just woke up and was surprised that #16 was locked before the 500 post mark.[/QUOTE]

That's weird :lol:

My friend texted me around 2:30am saying his launch 60GB got the yellow light of death.

What is up with all these first run PS3s?

It's mostly the 60gb models. I haven't heard much about the 20s going down. I hope it stays that way, I don't want to deal with trying to drag all my saves and whatnot across consoles.

I bought 3 things yesterday

The good
Persona 4

The questionable
Final Fantasy X-2 used w/box+manual

The horrendous
Sonic Unleashed :360:

They really improved the Combat in God Of War 3. I actually use the sub weapons more than the blades now. (or at all for that matter)

[quote name='seanr1221']My friend texted me around 2:30am saying his launch 60GB got the yellow light of death.

What is up with all these first run PS3s?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I feel his pain.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It's "LIKE no one ever was," CaptainStupid! :nottalking:[/QUOTE]
Yea, that's what I thought...

TO CATCH THEM IS MY ONLY TEST!!!!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, that's what I thought...

TO CATCH THEM IS MY ONLY TEST!!!!
[/QUOTE]

You got it wrong too, DumbnessBear.
"To catch them is my REAL test."

I'm gonna be diving back into disc 3 of FFVII today. Hooray for chocobo breeding. *longest sigh ever*

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You got it wrong too, DumbnessBear.
"To catch them is my REAL test."
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't mind...

noooooooooo.jpg

It's strangely comforting to think about the Season 1 Pokemon theme song.

Decided to not play FFVII, and instead played a handful of demos. Sonic & Sega Racing isn't that bad. I had more fun with it than Mario Kart Wii, at least. And the game seems faster, too. Can't see myself purchasing it, though. :lol:

Pixeljunk Monsters, on the other hand. I can't believe it took me this long to try it. Now I really wanna spend my money on it. I was saving up for FFIX, but that won't be coming out until May/June, at the earliest (if the 6-month time frame between 7 and 8 is any clue).

I think I actually know the main theme by heart. Not the extended version, though. I also know some of the Orange Islands theme. But truly the original theme captured the hearts and minds of children and wallets of parents.

I'm at a breaking point with FFXIII. I've played the past 8 hours with no progress being made whatsoever. Whoever thought 60k/120k for upgrades was a good idea needs to shoot themselves. The difference from upgrading in the story to post-game is jarring.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I used to rent Pokemon videos from the local video store because we didn't get the WB.[/QUOTE]
Haha me to. Best nights sleeping in the living room and watching pokemon tapes with my brother. Kick ass.

I...want...Red Dead Redemption.. NAOW !

Just beat Spider-man: Web of shadows. Even though I had 100% red suit allignment and 100% of it leveled up I got the bad ending.
Wolverine completely bonded with a symbiote?
Seriously? What the fuck? Last boss battle was a complete bitch. Don't think I'll be going back to it unless I get extremely bored.

I finished Heavy Rain. What an excellent game. I've already re-watched the ending a few times.

A few things in the game surprised me (major spoiler):
Like Scott Shelby being the Origami Killer. Also, I still had at least one person die, whether it was Scott or Madison, which is why I kept replaying the ending.
I only got 31% trophies in the game.

I did start Yakuza 3 and played for an hour. Liking it so far (much easier time getting into it than the first one), but Japanese voices w/ English subs kinds of bugs me, since I like listening to English voices without fully reading the text in games (I've been spoiled by that).

Not sure what I'll try to beat or put a lot of time into next before resuming to FFXIII. It will either be GoWIII (although I never beat the first two or played much of them, only own the Collection) or Dante's Inferno.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Pixeljunk Monsters is fun!

Hard, though. It's gonna be a long time before I get anymore rainbows.

will_there_ever_be_a_rainbow_big.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't like it very much. Nor do I understand what the fascination with it is... I own it, because it was cheap awhile back, but I just can't get into it. PJS was fun. PJE is okay, though can be annoying/aggravating... PJM just doesn't cut it for me. :\

Personally, If I'm going to play a tower defense game, I'll play PvZ. The graphics are nicer on PvZ and it's more amusing to me. :|

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't like it very much. Nor do I understand what the fascination with it is... I own it, because it was cheap awhile back, but I just can't get into it. PJS was fun. PJE is okay, though can be annoying/aggravating... PJM just doesn't cut it for me. :\

Personally, If I'm going to play a tower defense game, I'll play PvZ. The graphics are nicer on PvZ and it's more amusing to me. :|[/QUOTE]
I played the demo for it and I didn't like it very much either. I've never really played many tower defense games, but if they're all about the same as PixelJunk Monsters then I probably won't like the genre too much.

I haven't tried any of the other Pixel Junk games yet.

I love PJ Shooter. Felt PJM was cool, but too hard (I prefer Crystal Defenders, which I bought on PSP and PS3). PJE is overrated IMO. PJR was better than most gave credit for, but not the greatest. CD is my favorite Tower Defense game, but part of that comes from me loving the FF job classes in it.

I'm going to buy some Wii Points and start buying Wii Ware stuff. Debating between which order I buy stuff, like Contra Rebirth, Castlevania Adventure Rebirth, FFIV The After, and Gradius Rebirth. Haven't bought anything on Wii Ware since Dr. Mario RX Online & Bomberman.

I tend to avoid most VC stuff since I just don't play classic games much. Plus, I had Rondo of Blood in Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles before. But Rondo of Blood is pretty cool.

Fair enough. I was going to berate you but I kind of forgot about it being on Dracula X Chronicles. I like FF IV The After but it costs like 3700 points to buy every chapter. I think you only need the first and last ones to beat the game though.

That's the only thing I hate about FFIV The After, all the DLC; however, FFIV remains to be one of my favorite FF games of all time, and the FF game I beat the most times.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't like it very much. Nor do I understand what the fascination with it is... I own it, because it was cheap awhile back, but I just can't get into it. PJS was fun. PJE is okay, though can be annoying/aggravating... PJM just doesn't cut it for me. :\

Personally, If I'm going to play a tower defense game, I'll play PvZ. The graphics are nicer on PvZ and it's more amusing to me. :|[/QUOTE]
I was never into the Tower Defense thing until I played the demo for FF Crystal Defenders. It was pretty bare-bones, but it was fun. Then I tried the demo for Monsters earlier today, and it blew the FF version out of the water.

I just wish Mini-Dhalsim moved faster.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
And yes, Whoknows, very weird![/QUOTE]

It is quite the mystery. Only those up late may have noticed what happened :p

[quote name='whoknows']It is quite the mystery. Only those up late may have noticed what happened :p[/QUOTE]

I think I have an idea of what's up, but it's probably not worth mentioning. :cool:

PAX was pretty fun. I ran into Markman and some random podcasters. I saw a surprising number of cute cosplayers(If only I had a camera). I also witnessed some poor girl's pants fall down as I waited to get into a bar. Too bad i'll have to leave early Sunday...

P.S. Tina Sanchez(From 1up) is a lot cuter in person. I saw her while I was at the Retronauts panel.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']PAX was pretty fun. I ran into Markman and some random podcasters. I saw a surprising number of cute cosplayers(If only I had a camera). I also witnessed some poor girl's pants fall down as I waited to get into a bar. Too bad i'll have to leave early Sunday...

P.S. Tina Sanchez(From 1up) is a lot cuter in person. I saw her while I was at the Retronauts panel.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you about the cosplayers -- the photos I've seen on kotaku gave me dry heaves.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Splinter Cell demo is awesome! Much better than the 360 Double Agent.[/QUOTE]
Eh, the demo was fun. But it felt too much like Splinter Cell: Baby Edition!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't believe you about the cosplayers -- the photos I've seen on kotaku gave me dry heaves.[/QUOTE]
I never said that they were all great.

Edit: Those are some pretty bad pictures. While I wasn't a fan of the Sakura and the annoying girl from FFX13, they look somewhat better in person(I saw them a few times during pax and in my hotel). But I never saw most of the horrible cosplayers they put up. I saw much better cosplayers while walking around PAX. A few that come to mind are a cute female splicer(?) wearing very little and the female TF2 sniper.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I never said that they were all great.

Edit: Those are some pretty bad pictures. While I wasn't a fan of the Sakura and the annoying girl from FFX13, they look somewhat better in person(I saw them a few times during pax and in my hotel). But I never saw most of the horrible cosplayers they put up. I saw much better cosplayers while walking around PAX. A few that come to mind are a cute female splicer(?) wearing very little and the female TF2 sniper.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I BET you saw them in your hotel you sly dog. ;)

Seeing the pictures on Kotaku makes me wish I was maybe single and had gone to it.

I want Vanille.

Anyways, I'm not sure when they did it, but I am sooo glad Netflix made it possible to use more than one 360 to stream. I wasn't able to do it during the fall when my dad got his 360, but I tried it because I was curious last night and was able to set it up. It's awesome watching streaming HD.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Nah, Not a fan of Vanille... at all. Maybe if she was a Tifa cosplayer...[/QUOTE]
I'm actually a Lulu man, myself. She was by far the hottest in 10.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I was never into the Tower Defense thing until I played the demo for FF Crystal Defenders. It was pretty bare-bones, but it was fun. Then I tried the demo for Monsters earlier today, and it blew the FF version out of the water.

I just wish Mini-Dhalsim moved faster.[/QUOTE]
One of the early special stages gives you the ability to run if you didn't get it already.

[quote name='Halo05']It's mostly the 60gb models. I haven't heard much about the 20s going down. I hope it stays that way, I don't want to deal with trying to drag all my saves and whatnot across consoles.[/QUOTE]It's because the 60GB has by far the most components compared to any PS3 SKU. It also gets really hot (uses the most power overall). More components can lead to a higher chance of failure. I do know that 60GB consoles which came from a particular manufacturing time frame are more prone to have issues. That's honestly why I don't recommend anyone to buy a 60GB PS3 used, because it probably won't last. Although the percentage of 20GB dying is way smaller, I wasn't too certain on mine lasting which is part of the reason I bought a slim PS3. I'd love to sell my 20GB PS3 (and maybe buy another slim down the road), but I fear it will die for someone else (although it works great now) and they'll be angry at me. If I do sell it, it will be to GameStop.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hehe, I BET you saw them in your hotel you sly dog. ;)

Seeing the pictures on Kotaku makes me wish I was maybe single and had gone to it.

I want Vanille.

[/QUOTE]

She might be the best looking one out of two days of posted photos on kotaku... but that's not saying much. :p
somewhere else:
117764-ffxiii_super.jpg

vs:

pax east:
500x_036-800.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']She might be the best looking one out of two days of posted photos on kotaku... but that's not saying much. :p
somewhere else:
117764-ffxiii_super.jpg

vs:

pax east:
500x_036-800.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:hot::hot::hot:

Oh my God... I've gotta track down that first girl.

Edit: Hey, BlueScrote, is Amazon warehouse deals an actual good site? I'm surfing it now and there are some biiiiiig problems I'm noticing. Like 360 games in the PS3 section then filed under Nintendo 64 for the platform.

Played several demos today.

Darksiders: It was better than I expected it to be. Not AAA but close. I'll wait for a price drop down the road.

MotoGP 09/10: I haven't played a motorcycle racing game in a very long time. Yup, still don't like them.

Just Cause 2: About what I expected from a sandbox-style game. It mostly controlled well, and I did enjoy the parachuting. The driving was terrible! I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one too unless I find it super cheap.

MLB 10 The Show: I really like it. I wish I had time for a baseball sim now tho. Too much other stuff going on this year. I think I'll wait till next year's version unless I can find it under $30.

Sonic Racing Crap: Whatever. Sonic sucks, and so does this game. [/flamebait]

Yakuza 3: Yep, just like the Japanese demo, but now I know what the hell is going on! I'll pick this game up when it gets under $30.

bread's done
Back