GGT #17 is going to be the very best!

thecakeisalieportal.jpg

[quote name='ninja dog']Penny arcade guy is like "oooookkkaaaaayyyyy....."[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for picking on them because it looks like that Sakura cosplayer might be developmentally disabled. :whistle2:?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']:hot::hot::hot:

Oh my God... I've gotta track down that first girl.

Edit: Hey, BlueScrote, is Amazon warehouse deals an actual good site? I'm surfing it now and there are some biiiiiig problems I'm noticing. Like 360 games in the PS3 section then filed under Nintendo 64 for the platform.[/QUOTE]

to be honest I haven't ordered from them before. Since it is fulfilled by amazon, and other CAGs seem to indicate that its mostly just stuff people have opened but returned, I'm not too worried.

That section of the website probably has issues since the items are on a come-and-go basis, i.e. they only have stock based on what people trade in or return (i think), so it's a bit less structured than, okay we received a shipment of 500 copies of Generic FPS #16. At least that's my take on it, only time will tell though.

met inu today at pax, we went to the ken levine/jeff gerstmann/chris grant panel. Pax was awesome, gonna go to seattle as well.

Wow. That is some fucking shit. Maybe time to unplug my PS3. I don't really play anything online on it.

EDIT - This needs to be trotted out again. 1 step forward, 2 steps straight fucking back. I wonder if Sony will ever make a system that actually gets better as the generation moves forward.
sony_bullshit_anim4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So...it's 3.21 (Not 3.20, like it should be) and it comes out on April 1, 2010 (JST). Usually they say EST in a blog post like this.

Hmm.... wonder if this'll make the OG 60GB PS3s any more valuable. Because I'd really like to pawn mine and get a slim. I lost the Sony Lotto and got a system with a loud as shit fan, and I can do without the ghetto backwards compatibility.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Linux is slow as shit on PS3. 256 MB RAM isn't enough. The only thing you're really losing IMO is
possible HAX
.[/QUOTE]

Ya

godzillah.jpg

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm.... wonder if this'll make the OG 60GB PS3s any more valuable. Because I'd really like to pawn mine and get a slim. I lost the Sony Lotto and got a system with a loud as shit fan, and I can do without the ghetto backwards compatibility.[/QUOTE]
I really want to dump my 60 GB and get a Slim. The problem is, Gestapo sells out of Slims instantly every time they get them in. :cry:

And the backwards compatibility is shit. 3 frames of lag plus no PS2 imports? Weak. Plus I don't need DVDs taking out my PS3's BD drive.
[quote name='whoknows']Ya

godzillah.jpg
[/QUOTE]

znkke1.jpg

OtherOS going away?
Already did with the Slim anyway.

Sucks for those that actually used it, though it's hard to imagine why you used it at all. It was pretty damn limited since you couldn't use the RSX I believe.
Good only for simple browsing and emulators.
We can thank GeoHot and his useless OtherOS hack that went nowhere!

Slim comes in tomorrow! yay! worst of all I can't do shit with it much other then download all ,y purchases again -_-

fuck art and it taking all my money and free time away... i love it ^_^

EDIT:

After playing the Splinter Cell conviction demo I'm a bit sad... the original direction sounded alot nicer, but the mission scenario stuff/cinematic in the current one is way better.

Yah, I feel you ReRo, but I thought it was fun. I do remember the "You'll be walking around city streets in crowds and shit" stuff though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm actually a Lulu man, myself. She was by far the hottest in 10.[/QUOTE]
Oh I love Lulu as well. But I have a soft spot for Tifa...

[quote name='jer7583']met inu today at pax, we went to the ken levine/jeff gerstmann/chris grant panel.[/QUOTE]
How was that panel? I really want to go but I had an early train on Sunday.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I feel bad for picking on them because it looks like that Sakura cosplayer might be developmentally disabled. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to lie, I ran into them like 3-4 time before figuring out that girl was cosplaying as Sakura. Also I would once again like to point out that kotaku picked some of the worst cosplayers to post pictures of.

best bit was ken levine talking about system shock 2 development andchris avellone on fallout 2 develooment.
I got on the mic for q&a, tried to sound competent.

[quote name='jer7583']best bit was ken levine talking about system shock 2 development andchris avellone on fallout 2 develooment.
I got on the mic for q&a, tried to sound competent.[/QUOTE]
Damn, that sounds pretty interesting.

The only panel I managed to hit up was the Retronauts. I was going to check out that panel on memes but ended up hanging around the console freeplay room to check out Super Street Fighter 4.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']now this is something from pax to even out that sakura chick:

paxeast30.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:hot::hot::hot:

Well, that is QUITE nice. I really need to go to a gaming convention one day.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yah, I feel you ReRo, but I thought it was fun. I do remember the "You'll be walking around city streets in crowds and shit" stuff though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the original SC: Conv had a nicer play with the environment. The new version is still is fun, but you can tell less time went into it. Character models from the old version look alot nicer than the current ones.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yah, I feel you ReRo, but I thought it was fun. I do remember the "You'll be walking around city streets in crowds and shit" stuff though.[/QUOTE]

Never believe the hype!

Especially when it comes with grand promises of open, emergent gameplay.

I can't wait for PAX net year. I'll do a better job at planning my trip out. Going the day of and leaving Sunday took a lot of the fun out of it for me. And I'll actually bring a camera with me... there were so many things that I wanted pictures of.

so random, first inu and his nephew and I got in line for that panel yesterday at the same time without realizing it, then we get to boston logan and see them in the terminnal and on the same flight to baltimore,. Weird.

wario ware diy is pretty good. Gonna get just cause 2 this week on ps3

[quote name='jer7583']so random, first inu and his nephew and I got in line for that panel yesterday at the same time without realizing it, then we get to boston logan and see them in the terminnal and on the same flight to baltimore,. Weird.

wario ware diy is pretty good. Gonna get just cause 2 this week on ps3[/QUOTE]

Did you try the Move?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Playing Batman on a DS3 is really hard to me for some reason. I keep forgetting which shoulder buttons do what.[/QUOTE]

I liked it better. Two trophies left to platinum -- I might actually try for it too. :cool:

PAX was awesome. I got to complain about Crackdown 1's jumping animation to one of the guys working on Crackdown 2. He even did the little arm swinging motion to show he knew what I was talking about. Made my day.

Also, I got an awesome MGS shirt:
ts103_large.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I liked it better. Two trophies left to platinum -- I might actually try for it too. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I may try to plat it, myself. I came close to 1000/1000 on the 360 version, I just ended up trading it in before I could finish it off. The controls are still taking me getting used to on the PS3 version. I'm loving it more, though. I may actually go into HOME and see my batroom.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I liked it better. Two trophies left to platinum -- I might actually try for it too. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Which ones do you have left? The only ones I thought were hard were the Hard Mode and "do all the combat moves" trophy.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Which ones do you have left? The only ones I thought were hard were the Hard Mode and "do all the combat moves" trophy.[/QUOTE]

Those were easy. Well, the free flow perfection was a bit of a pain, but using the sewer (extreme) challenge, it's easy on the first round. Getting the 24 medals on fight challenges is the pain in the ass for me. Most of that *really* seems to hinge on (a) whether you can get lucky enough to get the free flow combat to allow you to keep a continuous combo for the round and (b) whether or not the game decides to hit you on some BS move costing you the 5000 point bonus. So I say 2 trophies but it's really 3, since there's a gold trophy for 100%, which will unlock the platinum. I'm missing the free flow combat silver and gold, if it wasn't clear.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just got my ps3 and re downloading everything... its a bitch but i dont mind since im honestly more surprised how quiet it is >_

bread's done
Back