GGT 195's Season Pass includes the next 4 GGTs for only $30. What a deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon's campaign was the most fun for me. Jake falls down after every other shot to show off that new on the floor gun shooting mechanic they put in this game and Chris' campaign is a run and gun but I like that style of game so I had fun reminded me of gears of war. I had cancelled my preorder but RE-preordered (LOL GET IT?) this morning after the demo I was impressed.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Now, I know you've played Wings of Liberty...[/QUOTE]
To be fair, every character in that game was fucking terrible.

Gabriel Tosh was pretty cool assuming you kept him alive.

I must have a shit connection when people join me on CO OP in RE they leave a minute later. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']RE6 Demo: Now with "you can't see jack shit, so it's supposed to be scary."

fuck you. I've got a good mind to cancel my preorder.[/QUOTE]

I had to jack the brightness up to play it. If the game was just Leon's campaign I would be more inclined to buy it, but they didn't do enough in the other two campaigns to make me think the overall experience is going to be anything special.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hmmm... didn't know Ska Studios (The Dishwasher games) was making a castle crashers/scott pilgrim style beat 'em up...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/17/charlie-murder-hands-on-7-things-i-liked-about-the-game/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSg4UqLwwM[/QUOTE]
In for this. Dishwasher games are tight, especially Vampire Smile.

[quote name='Luxuria']Nic Cage should be a DLC character for BL2.[/QUOTE]
Agreed with this.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']RE6 Demo: Now with "you can't see jack shit, so it's supposed to be scary."

fuck you. I've got a good mind to cancel my preorder.[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting for a cheap Steam sale on it.

[quote name='linkpwns']If anyone wants to come play TTT2 or Borderlands 2 with me, shoot me a text. Don't have to be at work until 9PM.[/QUOTE]

What is your number?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I had to jack the brightness up to play it. If the game was just Leon's campaign I would be more inclined to buy it, but they didn't do enough in the other two campaigns to make me think the overall experience is going to be anything special.[/QUOTE]

I got so sick of the darkness on Leon's campaign that I just turned the 360 off and haven't tried the other two.

If the game gave him a flashlight or something, but I couldn't even find that in the controls or inventory.

Alright, so I just finished playing the demo for Resident Evil 6 and these are my views about it..

Leon's demo was the best out of all three of them. Everything about his demo feels right to me, it was a blast to play and if RE6 was all about Leon, I would be sold on it, but...Chris' and Jake's demo kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Chris' demo reminded me of a Gears rip-off set in a COD game (and the cover system is horrible too), the shooting feels good in it, but that's about it. Jake's demo was just....well boring, there was nothing interesting about it and felt like a bad mixture of Leon's and Chris' demos.

I'm the slight edge on getting this game now, I hope the final product is better, but I'm starting to wonder if RE6 is going to be worth my $60

Oh well, I guess if I do decide to cancel my pre-order, I'll just play my PS2 copy of RE4, since I have never played it

[quote name='harrythecat']Alright, so I just finished playing the demo for Resident Evil 6 and these are my views about it..

Leon's demo was the best out of all three of them. Everything about his demo feels right to me, it was a blast to play and if RE6 was all about Leon, I would be sold on it, but...Chris' and Jake's demo kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Chris' demo reminded me of a Gears rip-off set in a COD game (and the cover system is horrible too), the shooting feels good in it, but that's about it. Jake's demo was just....well boring, there was nothing interesting about it and felt like a bad mixture of Leon's and Chris' demos.

I'm the slight edge on getting this game now, I hope the final product is better, but I'm starting to wonder if RE6 is going to be worth my $60

Oh well, I guess if I do decide to cancel my pre-order, I'll just play my PS2 copy of RE4, since I have never played it[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you could see anything in Leon's campaign.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm surprised you could see anything in Leon's campaign.[/QUOTE]

i didn't think it was that dark, but it was pretty dark

im about to play the demo again and see if i'll like it this time

[quote name='harrythecat']i didn't think it was that dark, but it was pretty dark

im about to play the demo again and see if i'll like it this time[/QUOTE]

Probably different in TV contrast, but man, on mine, in the first lecture hall, the only thing you can see is the floor lights at the tops of the stairs. I saw all of 1 zombie clearly during my time with it and that room where you get locked in and they come through the windows? I just mashed melee because I couldn't see jack shit.

[quote name='harrythecat']Alright, so I just finished playing the demo for Resident Evil 6 and these are my views about it..

Oh well, I guess if I do decide to cancel my pre-order, I'll just play my PS2 copy of RE4, since I have never played it[/QUOTE]
I agree I liked Leon's part and I liked Chris' part. I hated Jack's campaign

How do you cover? I tried almost every button and could not hide behind a wall -- I like the new dodge mechanic they added if you click A or LS during aiming you can squat down quickly and then roll.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I had to jack the brightness up to play it.[/QUOTE]

I jacked it up to the maximum brightness and my TV still said "lol, blue levels of darkness for you."

Played it with whoknows and all we did for Leon's campaign was roll around on the ground the whole time to get around. Chris' campaign was something straight out of calladuty 2. Jake's... uh... I don't know what they're going for with his.

so guys dumb question, but with the way i viewed the demo, should i just go cancel my pre-order on it and get borderlands 2/tekken tag 2 or should i just keep the pre-order for it?

L1+X next to cover.

Leon's campaign was dark, but I didn't really have trouble seeing. Are you talking about the new or old demo frosty?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Anyone else get BL2 on PS3?[/QUOTE]

*Raises Hand.

Unfortunately, my copy is via Amazon, and FSSS is slow as fuck.

Yeah I had no trouble with leon's campaign I played as the chick twice her melee moves are straight from WWE

thanks whoknows

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']L1+X next to cover.

Leon's campaign was dark, but I didn't really have trouble seeing. Are you talking about the new or old demo frosty?[/QUOTE]

The brand new one that was put up on XBL this morning.

I cancelled my pre-order, cheddaz.

[quote name='GUNNM']Gabriel Tosh was pretty cool assuming you kept him alive.

I must have a shit connection when people join me on CO OP in RE they leave a minute later. :([/QUOTE]
Good voice, but a fucking pointless character.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The brand new one that was put up on XBL this morning.

I cancelled my pre-order, cheddaz.[/QUOTE]

That's weird.

Maybe the brightness on my TV is just set higher.

If I turn up the brightness on my TV, it just does what uraizen's did.

07:45:41 PM) HankmeDewme: What part of the first area was too dark in RE6?
(07:45:55 PM) corrosivefrost: everything
(07:46:07 PM) corrosivefrost: like when you enter the classroom area
(07:46:21 PM) corrosivefrost: i could barely make out silhouttes of zombies
(07:46:36 PM) corrosivefrost: and when you step outside and they say "go for the door" that whole area is pretty much pitch black
(07:48:08 PM) HankmeDewme: lol
(07:48:15 PM) HankmeDewme: I see why, they went too insane on the HDR.
19:50
(07:50:21 PM) HankmeDewme: That's why adjusting the brightness has little effect.
(07:51:33 PM) corrosivefrost: i have no idea what that means
(07:51:37 PM) corrosivefrost: but it makes the game unplayable
(07:52:43 PM) HankmeDewme: High dynamic range lighting.
(07:52:50 PM) HankmeDewme: It's a common thing in games now.
(07:54:03 PM) HankmeDewme: You ever play a game where you look at something bright and everything around it gets darker?
(07:54:20 PM) HankmeDewme: Or you come out of a dark area and everything is bright for a sec?
(07:54:23 PM) HankmeDewme: That's HDR in games.
(07:54:37 PM) HankmeDewme: This game has some aggressive HDR.
(07:54:55 PM) HankmeDewme: It basically exaggerates the dark and bright areas.
(07:55:14 PM) HankmeDewme: That's why you can get near the desk or soda machine in RE6 and they are BRIGHT as fuck.
(07:55:20 PM) HankmeDewme: Then everything around it is pitch black.

[quote name='harrythecat']so umm guys, borderlands 2 or tekken tag 2?[/QUOTE]

Uh, whichever you're more interested in?
Want a fighter, TTT2 is a blast and is great.
Want a shooter? I'm sure if you liked Borderlands, you'll like Borderlands 2.

Finally finished the Halo Anniversary Campaign. I definitely missed some of the mechanics introduced in the later games like vehicle jacking.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Uh, whichever you're more interested in?
Want a fighter, TTT2 is a blast and is great.
Want a shooter? I'm sure if you liked Borderlands, you'll like Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

well i would be getting ttt2 on the 360 and none of my friends play on the 360, so yeah (and plus I have just gotten p4a and mortal kombat 2011 in the last month)

and i loved borderlands, got all of the achievements for it, so im sure borderlands 2 will be a blast to play

[quote name='distgfx']Whoa, whoa, whoa, I wouldn't go that far now.[/QUOTE]

Me neither.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If I turn up the brightness on my TV, it just does what uraizen's did.
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to play it again now just to see if it's darker than I remember.

[quote name='harrythecat']well i would be getting ttt2 on the 360 and none of my friends play on the 360, so yeah (and plus I have just gotten p4a and mortal kombat 2011 in the last month)

and i loved borderlands, got all of the achievements for it, so im sure borderlands 2 will be a blast to play[/QUOTE]

Oh. Well, you could play TTT2 with Jimbo, I suppose. The rest of us all have it on PS3. But it sounds like out of the two, you'd personally do better with Borderlands 2.

Frosty, taking pictures with my amazing phone, this is what the lecture room looks like for me

img20120918182616.jpg

img20120918182802.jpg

[quote name='whoknows']Frosty, taking pictures with my amazing phone, this is what the lecture room looks like for me[/QUOTE]

I did the same:

IMAG0159_zps630a237a.jpg

I think it's supposed to be the press x to climb up on shit icon from re6 demo on ps3.

I love how my 360 updates every time I turn it on... and it sounds like a lawn mower and probably still will overheat and e74 some day.

Picture from my antiquated cellphone is uploading to my email account now...

img_20120918_212830hck2u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back