GGT 199 thinks it can review games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kainzero']you have to be all grumpy hardcore old school x-com fan

"man i can't believe they replaced the difficulty of disembarking with a cinematic"[/QUOTE]
Disembarking can blow me. It always irritated me that I couldn't choose the spot and orientation of the skyranger.

The lack of time units, smaller squads, and simplified inventories? Those bother me, but it's still a good game.

Apparently X-Com is Valkyria Chronicles w/aliens instead of Alternate WW2 history according to the interview I listened to on Podcast Beyond.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Apparently X-Com is Valkyria Chronicles w/aliens instead of Alternate WW2 history according to the interview I listened to on Podcast Beyond.[/QUOTE]

That probably isn't too far off. But considering that Valkyria Chronicles is probably my favorite turn based squad game since the original X-Com, this isn't a bad thing.

The new X-Com certainly has a Valkyria Chronicles type feel. You get less units to command in X-Com, but the upgrades and skill progression in X-Com looks way deeper. Which I hope is a good thing :D

/edit:

@Indignate: Look at your PMs.

The news that X-Com is like Valkyria has me interested. I'll try the demo and buy it once it plummets in price in a month if I like it.

My Valkyria Chronicles is still sealed. :cool:

[quote name='seanr1221']The new hank has a Taco Bell feel to it.[/QUOTE]
That dump I just took definitely had a Taco Bell feel to it, and I've not had T Bell in weeks. I should rectify that.

[quote name='whoknows']The news that X-Com is like Valkyria has me interested. I'll try the demo and buy it once it plummets in price in a month if I like it.[/QUOTE]

Already tried the demo and I enjoyed it. I can pay for it, I just have other games that I am playing right now (SWTOR, ME3, and LA Snore).

Well I could walk out and buy it if I wanted, but this game is pretty much a guaranteed bomb coming out at this time of the year, so it'll probably get cheap pretty quickly.

Once PSN updates I'll download the demo though.

[quote name='The Crotch']Did somebody say my name into a mirror with the lights off?[/QUOTE]

Every night.

[quote name='whoknows']The news that X-Com is like Valkyria has me interested. I'll try the demo and buy it once it plummets in price in a month if I like it.[/QUOTE]

Stop being like Uraizen and saying things that are the opposite of what you feel.

[quote name='j-cart']The new X-Com certainly has a Valkyria Chronicles type feel. You get less units to command in X-Com, but the upgrades and skill progression in X-Com looks way deeper. Which I hope is a good thing :D[/QUOTE]
VC3 was pretty nifty in that manner, there was a lot of customization
BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND JAPANESE SO IT DON'T MATTER

also X-Com is missing random antagonist with huge tits

i did make a lot of dumb mistakes though...
-forgot to get engineers early for more satellites
-didn't know how to transfer interceptors to other bases
-didn't know you can bail on missions

i do find myself wishing for a lot more missions though

[quote name='kainzero']VC3 was pretty nifty in that manner, there was a lot of customization
BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND JAPANESE SO IT DON'T MATTER

also X-Com is missing random antagonist with huge tits

i did make a lot of dumb mistakes though...
-forgot to get engineers early for more satellites
-didn't know how to transfer interceptors to other bases
-didn't know you can bail on missions

i do find myself wishing for a lot more missions though[/QUOTE]

Granted, I have only played VC1 due to the nature of the sequels only released on the PSP.

[quote name='kainzero']random antagonist with huge tits[/QUOTE]

I still don't really get the obsession with large breasts (on really slim girls) that lots of males have (or large penises that many females have). I'll take nice legs on a girl or guy any day over having a totally disproportionately large pair of breasts or an enormous penis.

[quote name='kainzero']VC needs cars that blow up and one shot your characters.

freakin cars in XCOM are so OP.[/QUOTE]
It's a little excessive.

Though I'll admit, the nuclear bombs that were Fallout 3's cars were my favourite part of that game.

[quote name='icebeast']I still don't really get the obsession with large breasts (on really slim girls) that lots of males have (or large penises that many females have). I'll take nice legs on a girl or guy any day over having a totally disproportionately large pair of breasts or an enormous penis.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese seem to have a huge obsession with large breasts, for some reason.

[quote name='icebeast']I still don't really get the obsession with large breasts (on really slim girls) that lots of males have (or large penises that many females have). I'll take nice legs on a girl or guy any day over having a totally disproportionately large pair of breasts or an enormous penis.[/QUOTE]

Don't try to rationalize it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The Japanese seem to have a huge obsession with large breasts, for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it's not just Japan.
starfire.jpeg

dcnu-brings-back-power-girl-and-earth-2_1074.jpg

1387840-d0c494a9_b094_4702_9bd4_6b6d8eea7008_batman_villain_catwoman_super.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']Don't try to rationalize it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even going to try to, everyone finds different stuff attractive, haha. I just always find it funny that large breasts seem to get a very large majority of guys going, but they just usually look kind of out of place or awkward to me. Different strokes for different folks.

[quote name='The Crotch']It's a little excessive.

Though I'll admit, the nuclear bombs that were Fallout 3's cars were my favourite part of that game.[/QUOTE]
if you take cover behind a car, he gets shot at and the car gets hit and he gets panicked?

gg

as opposed to western games, i think the japanese offer much more variety in the fetish department. just look at any japanese fighting game ever, and then compare it to MK9.

[quote name='panzerfaust']as opposed to western games, i think the japanese offer much more variety in the fetish department. just look at any japanese fighting game ever, and then compare it to MK9.[/QUOTE]

But the west did make Skullgirls...

Also Japan seems to generally be lacking on BDSM outside of Valdo.

[quote name='j-cart']The solution is to stop hiding behind cars![/QUOTE]
there are quite a few maps where cars are the only good cover.

proceeding without cover is a deathwish

Blow everything up before you reach it?

Also, what difficulty are you on?

Because if it's anything less than classic, fuck you. Personally, man. fuck you.

i am playing normal.

i am sure i will play classic once i figure out what the hell is going on in this game. heck i'm still trying to figure out where you can buy more interceptors.

[quote name='icebeast']Trust me, it's not just Japan.
starfire.jpeg

dcnu-brings-back-power-girl-and-earth-2_1074.jpg

1387840-d0c494a9_b094_4702_9bd4_6b6d8eea7008_batman_villain_catwoman_super.jpg
[/QUOTE]

While I don't disagree with you, they seem to fetishize it to a degree further than they do in the west. They also seem to focus on the insecurities of not being well endowed. I can't count the anime where flat chested jokes get so much play.

[quote name='kainzero']there are quite a few maps where cars are the only good cover.

proceeding without cover is a deathwish[/QUOTE]

And so is a car...

Solution: Create the cover!

Not sure how though.

Got my side quests cleared out in Borderlands 2, so can get back to story missions. On the Wildlife Refuge one on my save.

I liked them all. Chris was probably my favorite. Game definitely has some flaws, notably cheap deaths here and there, but it has (imo) a lot more positives than negatives. I'd give it right around an 8 on my personal scale. Looking forward to finishing the story and then putting some more time into mercenaries, I love that mode.

Only thing that annoys me about RE6 was the lack of inventory. I ran out of room constantly.

btw gaige on BL 2 is pretty awesome

I always just dropped the remote bombs and mixed herbs. Never had a problem when I did that.

I still need to play through Chris. So far I've played Leon once and Jake twice.

Yeah it got to a point where I just drop green herbs and use remote mines on one enemy just to make room. I haven't started jake yet BL 2 takes all my free time. :(

I mostly used remote mines on those fat zombie dudes.

Speaking of RE I ''BOUGHT'' that new resident evil CGI movie it was pretty damn good. If you like RE2 you'll like this movie. Loved the end battles.

Halo ODST is not as good as I remember. It feels like they tweaked the strength of various weapons, enemies, and your health to give the game more a feeling of desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back