GGT #200 With Special Guest Appearances From CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Crotch']Kickstarter + PayPal = $3.5 million dollars for Obsidian. With almost a day to go.

What have we wrought, Oh Lord?[/QUOTE]

Obsidian >>> Biioware.

[quote name='distgfx']Yeah, I would think so, too.

Shit, I'll take it if nobody else wants it.

Yeah, we were forced to create a program using machine code. After that we got to do assembly and it actually made me appreciate assembly. Thank god for mnemonics and not having to know exactly where something is in memory.

EDIT: For the last part, I mean the memory address itself.[/QUOTE]

Wow that sounds really stupid, to be quite honest.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I got this to load sooo many times. Going to buy Metro 2033 since it's only $10 this week.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you play the game with headphones on and in русский!

@MSUHitman: Sorry already got rid of the xbl points, wish I had more!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I got this to load sooo many times. Going to buy Metro 2033 since it's only $10 this week.[/QUOTE]
Same I'll be getting the borderlands 2 season pass free.

Doom 3 today!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I assume that 400 point exploit is gone? I've signed up 3 times, but gotten nothing. :([/QUOTE]
Yup sorry died last night.

new dethklok album today

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Games that actually work >>> Obsidian[/QUOTE]
That's a pretty small list of games...

[quote name='ihadFG']I think I'm gonna rename my X-Com soldiers to have the names of GGT members. I wonder who will die first...[/QUOTE]
Dibs on either squadsight double-tap sniper or quick reflexes shotgun assault.

EDIT: fuck, "lightning reflexes", not quick reflexes. And give that assault titan armor and a chitinous underlay, or whatever the fuck it's called.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, didn't see the post about the points last night, and actually bought 400 points so I could by the Mechromancer DLC for BL2 (didn't pre-order).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Damn, didn't see the post about the points last night, and actually bought 400 points so I could by the Mechromancer DLC for BL2 (didn't pre-order).[/QUOTE]

I tried to get in on it wanting only enough to try to get the borderlands 2 season pass, but it wasn't working when it was originally posted and when I tried this morning it was a no go. :(

Yeah, I had the season pass already. That left 430 points, so needed more to get the 800pt Mechromancer pack. Oh well, just $5 in any case.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think I'm gonna rename my X-Com soldiers to have the names of GGT members. I wonder who will die first...[/QUOTE]

I'll be this guy:

[youtube]9b7yoh3BehQ[/youtube]

[quote name='BlueScrote']Wow that sounds really stupid, to be quite honest.[/QUOTE]

It was, but it was only for one assignment, thankfully.

Finished the main quest in Borderlands 2. Died a couple times on the last boss before I realized I could just stay up top behind the fence and stand on a rock and jump and shoot over it and hit him. Took around 30 minutes to whittle the health down that way, but got the job done.

Only sidequests left from the main game are the last two waves of the Ore Chasm arena, and the level 50 extra boss one you get after finishing that I won't mess with for a long time.

Re-downloading the Pirate DLC now--set it to download this morning but it screwed up and didn't install for some reason.

Have put 48 hours or so into it between my save and playing a good bit in some friends games, and still loving it.

[quote name='GUNNM']Same I'll be getting the borderlands 2 season pass free.

Doom 3 today![/QUOTE]
Sweet! I'm just going to buy this shit out of GoD games.

I'm betting Mikey or me.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Joel.[/QUOTE]
True. They got some sweet pussy in Heaven, I hear.

I'm too violent to die first and hank would use someone else as a human shield. You would probably die first, cuz you iz a pussy.

[quote name='distgfx']AreYouPostingFromYourPhoneThen?[/QUOTE]

It kind of works, but you have to press right in the middle of the spacebar for it to register.

[quote name='distgfx']I'm too violent to die first and hank would use someone else as a human shield. You would probably die first, cuz you iz a pussy.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, this is pretty true. . .

And you are correct with your human shield assumption.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']Joel.[/QUOTE]
See?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']True. They got some sweet pussy in Heaven, I hear.[/QUOTE]
They do! And some sweet ass golden streets!! It's pimp!! Too bad none of that shit matters when you're dead and have no physical body. :cry:

Also shows how gullible people are when it comes to religion. "Hey, let's promise an eternity of riches and/or sexual satisfaction!! That'll get 'em on board!!" Fantastic con game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I am not a human shield.[/QUOTE]
If you reread my post, you'll see that it is Joel that I'm going to use as a human shield.

Though I'd never do that to you, Joel. I proooooooomise! :grouphug:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']If you reread my post, you'll see that it is Joel that I'm going to use as a human shield.

Though I'd never do that to you, Joel. I proooooooomise! :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

I'll only use Joel as a human shield once he's dead.
Joel would want me to... he'd be like "Frostybro, I want you to freeze my body and use it to protect you from harm!"

dailychart.png

dailypledges.png

Enjoy my money you filthy sons of bitches.

Rei, since you're the most hyped for this game, I figured I'd let you know. Deadly Premonition Director's Cut has:

- 1080p
- 3D
- Move support
- Reworked controls
- New map for city
- New cutscenes
- Tweaked intro and ending

[quote name='hankmecrankme']If you reread my post, you'll see that it is Joel that I'm going to use as a human shield.

Though I'd never do that to you, Joel. I proooooooomise! :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'll only use Joel as a human shield once he's dead.
Joel would want me to... he'd be like "Frostybro, I want you to freeze my body and use it to protect you from harm!"[/QUOTE]
While I am not opposed to being used as a human shiled, I am immortal and it's cool. No skin off my jacked hide.

[quote name='distgfx']Rei, since you're the most hyped for this game, I figured I'd let you know. Deadly Premonition Director's Cut has:[/QUOTE]

You might actually convince me to try this, especially if it's a budget title when released. :bouncy:

[quote name='distgfx']Rei, since you're the most hyped for this game, I figured I'd let you know. Deadly Premonition Director's Cut has:[/QUOTE]
If they release it at a budget price and fix the gameplay, I'll be there day 1.

It's a bad sign when a Team Liquid mod starts saying that we should just ignore Heart of the Swarm and start lobbying Blizzard for the changes we want in Legacy of the Void...

Hey, Indignate, guess who is returning in BlazBlue CP?

u76Cb.jpg

That harlot on the right is a mode change character now.

[quote name='The Crotch']It's a bad sign when a Team Liquid mod starts saying that we should just ignore Heart of the Swarm and start lobbying Blizzard for the changes we want in Legacy of the Void...[/QUOTE]

This news doesn't sound very good and I just started to d/l WoL again.

[quote name='The Crotch']It's a bad sign when a Team Liquid mod starts saying that we should just ignore Heart of the Swarm and start lobbying Blizzard for the changes we want in Legacy of the Void...[/QUOTE]

I haven't been following the HotS beta too much, but from the sounds of it they just don't know what the hell their doing.

It's like they didn't think how two full featured expansions to the MP sandbox would work.

The Pirates DLC for Borderlands 2 seems pretty solid. Some good humor and a ton of side quests so far (did the first two story missions in it). Season Pass was definitely worth it if all 4 expansions are as long and involved as this one IMO.

Also finished off the Ore Chasm arena with my friend, so main quest log is cleared out other than the Terramorphus one.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The Pirates DLC for Borderlands 2 seems pretty solid. Some good humor and a ton of side quests so far (did the first two story missions in it). Season Pass was definitely worth it if all 4 expansions are as long and involved as this one IMO.

Also finished off the Ore Chasm arena with my friend, so main quest log is cleared out other than the Terramorphus one.[/QUOTE]
Good luck on terramorphus I have decent weapons with the bee shield and could barely do damage to it. Deathtrap dies in one hit as well.

Yeah, I won't even bother with that unless the friends I play with all get up to around level 50 to and we tackle it together down the road sometime.

I don't care much about achievements and hate hard boss battles, so I wouldn't try it by myself anyway.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'll beat Terramorphus eventually. I would probably be playing right now if it wasn't for partner problems.[/QUOTE]
What problems? I'm rocking that forever alone status since the beginning.
Also it looks like mechromancer came with the pirate dlc I don't mind paying the $10 for unlocking her early though.

[quote name='GUNNM']What problems? I'm rocking that forever alone status since the beginning.
Also it looks like mechromancer came with the pirate dlc I don't mind paying the $10 for unlocking her early though.[/QUOTE]

His normal assassin is apparently a tool.
Luckily, he knows another assassin if he needs one. :cool:

In con-fucking-clusion: Xcom is a seriously flawed (even beyond the numerous bugs) but undeniably enjoyable game. An inferior product to the original, but I look forward to seeing far greater variety and quality in the mods than what UFO Defense provided.[quote name='BlueScrote']I haven't been following the HotS beta too much, but from the sounds of it they just don't know what the hell their doing.

It's like they didn't think how two full featured expansions to the MP sandbox would work.[/QUOTE]
In all fairness, half of what you've been hearing about HotS is probably just me going "This makes no fucking sense whatsoever."

Heart of the Swarm should have been a chance to seriously look at what did and did not work in Wings of Liberty. Instead it's just... ideas and concepts fired out of a blunderbuss, hoping and praying that one of them will bring down the giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back