GGT 203's stock price is higher than THQ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm psyched, for it. I'm definitely getting Nintendoland & NSMBU. I pre-ordered Darksiders II to have a meaty single-player Zelda style game for it and I'm probably also getting Scribblenauts because the reviews have been really good.

[quote name='icebeast']Got everything connected for my new setup :drool::
Speakers had to go sideways because there was no room left on my desk for them and I had to use a book to line up the monitors better because they weren't adjustable to match up, haha.

Left monitor is dedicated Mac, right is dedicated Windows, and the middle monitor, my mouse, and keyboard are all hooked up through a KVM switch so I can swap them between the two machines.

Computer_Setup.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icebeast']I mean for $50 a monitor, it wasn't hard to justify picking up two of them. And $800 for the Mac Pro (OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion), 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB, and 2TB hard-drive space) was a fairly great deal as well. Probably the only good thing to come from the studio-wide layoff at work.[/QUOTE]

Nice setup. Just curious, what made you decide to go with a mac pro?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']halo 4 solo legendary was too easy.
I miss halo 2's legendary

Spoiler: Master Chief is an old white guy.[/QUOTE]

fuck that halo 2 legendary was bullshit.

[quote name='The Crotch']Holy fuck.

Right as what might be the decisive battle of the series is about to commence...

... we get a great view of the observer's desktop because nobody disabled the sticky-keys shortcut.

Jesus Christ, this tournament.[/QUOTE]

yo #esporrttttttssssss aaaAAAaaa

Lol, my Halo 4 pulse armor code sold for over $20, which means in addition to getting a free $25 gift card out of playing Halo 4, I also made a little cash.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Good points Frosty but I figure HeavyD has at least a pretty basic understanding of the games I enjoy. I'm leaning toward keeping mine - early adopters tax be damned.[/QUOTE]

I originally preordered a WiiU, but I cancelled mine when I saw that all the games I was most interested in weren't coming out until next year (I want Nintendoland and NSMBU, but only if I had the system already). I don't think the WiiU will be hard to find by that time, so I'm just gonna wait. Plus $350 is a lot of money, especially when I'm buying a new PC. And after the 3DS price drop, I'm not exactly feeling like jumping on a console at launch. However, between Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Rayman, and Bayonetta 2, there's easily enough exclusives announced that I'm hyped to get the system in the future.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Nice setup. Just curious, what made you decide to go with a mac pro?[/QUOTE]

Basically I wanted to get a Mac to screw around with iPhone development on my own, but the only Macs that work was selling were Mac Pros. They actually had 2 of them, the first one was $1000 which I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay (it had 24GB RAM, and 5 TB of hard drive space) so I asked if they would lower the price and they told me they had another one they'd sell for $800 which it turned out when I looked at it had less RAM and hard drive space (although he added another 1TB drive to mine for free) but basically the same CPU and a better graphics card. At that price it wasn't too much more than getting the cheapest Mac Mini new that would actually be worse spec-wise than this 2 year old Mac Pro, when he reinstalled the OS he actually upgraded it to Mountain Lion for me as well since he had an unused license sitting around for that OS I guess.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Nice setup. Just curious, what made you decide to go with a mac pro?

fuck that halo 2 legendary was bullshit.[/QUOTE]

From what he said, I'm going to infer that icebeast picked up all that stuff because of the layoffs at his company, I think. I'm assuming the company decided to liquidate some equipment and offered employees (or leaving employees) the ability to purchase equipment at a heavy discount.

Just a guess though.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'll buy a Wii U when it's $100 and every game I want on it is $20 or less.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this... but you know what? Only if they keep getting Platinum Games exclusives and the like. But I'm betting Bayonetta 2 and a lot of the other Platinum Games may eventually make the jump to one of the other consoles, or PC even.
I can't imagine I'm ever going to decide I want to buy the system for another Mario or Zelda or whatever. I haven't even played Skyward Sword... and my interest level in Nintendo IPs has been waning.
Maybe if there's some fantastic new 2D Metroid or something... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'll get a Wii U when Bayonetta 2 comes out. Until then the system is worthless to me.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']From what he said, I'm going to infer that icebeast picked up all that stuff because of the layoffs at his company, I think. I'm assuming the company decided to liquidate some equipment and offered employees (or leaving employees) the ability to purchase equipment at a heavy discount.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's basically the reason they are getting rid of everything for so cheap. Honestly I wanted to get a Mac to do some independent iOS development while I have time off before I start a new job and to continue to screw with in my free time when I do have another job, it just turned out that work had a fairly good deal on the Mac Pro so I got it there rather than buying a new Mac Mini.

[quote name='icebeast']Yep that's basically the reason they are getting rid of everything for so cheap. Honestly I wanted to get a Mac to do some independent iOS development while I have time off before I start a new job and to continue to screw with in my free time when I do have another job, it just turned out that work had a fairly good deal on the Mac Pro so I got it there rather than buying a new Mac Mini.[/QUOTE]

Well, my guess was that you weren't really in the market for anything per se... that there wasn't a moment where you were like "Hey, I want a new computer and I'm going to buy a Mac."; that you didn't necessarily decide to shell out for the Mac over something else that is... I was guessing that it was more of a "holy shit, that's a really good price on that and I kinda wanted one and I'll never get a deal like that again, fuck it, yes!" :lol:

Y'know, I can't imagine what people who wander into the GGT are expecting, exactly, but I'm pretty sure it isn't the shit we normally talk about in here. :cool:

[quote name='panzerfaust']lol bayonetta 2 is on wii u

what is the wii u

why is it here[/QUOTE]
Yup stupid decision. Bayonetta is DMC 5 to me but I pretend they're all girls and instead of killing demons they kill angels and have really long hair. ^__^

[quote name='GUNNM']Yup stupid decision. Bayonetta is DMC 5 to me but I pretend they're all girls and instead of killing demons they kill angels and have really long hair. ^__^[/QUOTE]

I keep finding myself skeptical that a Nintendo backed/published Bayonetta sequel will be true to the original game... that they'll have some sort of stupid gimmicks shoe-horned in, or that Nintendo in some way will stifle the creative content of Kamiya. :\

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I keep finding myself skeptical that a Nintendo backed/published Bayonetta sequel will be true to the original game... that they'll have some sort of stupid gimmicks shoe-horned in, or that Nintendo in some way will stifle the creative content of Kamiya. :\[/QUOTE]
Exactly why I'm waiting for the game to come out before I get a Wii U.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I keep finding myself skeptical that a Nintendo backed/published Bayonetta sequel will be true to the original game... that they'll have some sort of stupid gimmicks shoe-horned in, or that Nintendo in some way will stifle the creative content of Kamiya. :\[/QUOTE]
Yeah I said it'd just be like what team ninja did to by pass Itagaki's decision to not put NG on PS3 and release a sigma version but if it wasn't part 1 with extra features why is it called part 2?

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah I said it'd just be like what team ninja did to by pass Itagaki's decision to not put NG on PS3 and release a sigma version but if it wasn't part 1 with extra features why is it called part 2?[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?

And I don't think Kamiya has a vision for his game to be on any particular platform; he just wants to create his game and have it sell... so right now Kamiya is putting Bayonetta 2 on Wii U just because of the way shit worked out I think, not because he doesn't want to put it on x360 or ps3...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I want to make the next Ninja Gaiden game. It will be amazing.[/QUOTE]

I have dibs on that shit.

[quote name='distgfx']I have dibs on that shit.[/QUOTE]

I still want a true "console" Ninja Gaiden game to be put out on current consoles; some of that NES type stuff.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I want to make the next Ninja Gaiden game. It will be amazing.[/QUOTE]
Keiji Inafune-sama is making the next NG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back