GGT 204 will trample you on BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shut up, whoknows, I can post and you can't. So fuck you.

EDIT: Because fuck you, that's why.

EDIT #2: I bet it does, now stop annoying me! I'm already pissed and tired, m'kay?

tumblr_mcl9r86X7f1rehruqo1_500.png

I wonder if whoknows will use his break from CAG to get reacquainted with his favorite PS2 game of all time: God Hand...

Did I say favorite PS2 game? I meant favorite game of all time, period. I know how much he loves that game.
It was his remarks on the game that convinced me to buy it for PS2, then to sell that copy and rebuy it on PSN.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I wonder if whoknows will use his break from CAG to get reacquainted with his favorite PS2 game of all time: God Hand...[/QUOTE]

He's currently telling me how awesome it is and how wrong he was about it before.

whoknows told me that he only says mean things to Indignate because whoknows is actually Helga from Hey Arnold and Indignate is actually Arnold.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']whoknows confided in me that he secretly hates ALL sonic games including 2006[/QUOTE]

Well, it's been a bit and he hasn't refuted this. Almost an hour even!
It must be true! :shock:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, it's been a bit and he hasn't refuted this. Almost an hour even!
It must be true! :shock:[/QUOTE]

It is.

tumblr_mchaxhLm1j1rehruqo1_500.png

Also, Jesus Christ NS2 developers, you guys are terrible at anything patch related.

EDIT: Unrelated to Natural Selection 2, The Old Republic, or my ineffable master Windows 95...

StnEq.gif

Di7dN.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ihadFG']whoknows told me that he only says mean things to Indignate because whoknows is actually Helga from Hey Arnold and Indignate is actually Arnold.[/QUOTE]

So tsun tsun.

Shit yeah jimbo. Time is blowing by scary fast. It sucks!

whoknows told me he is in love with Indignate and they want to get married and hate Sonic together.

[quote name='gunm']Shit yeah jimbo. Time is blowing by scary fast. It sucks!

whoknows told me he is in love with Indignate and they want to get married and hate Sonic together.[/QUOTE]

What state are they going to move to to get married?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What state are they going to move to to get married?[/QUOTE]

Why, are you getting married too? ^_^

j/k. ;)

[quote name='distgfx']I like it when you post here, it brings back memories.[/QUOTE]

Memories of that time whoknows used to post here and lie to us about his love for sonic and his hate of god hand?

[quote name='whoknows']The man is out to get me.[/QUOTE]

Unless your banworthy post got deleted I actually don't see anything out of the ordinary in your post history.

[quote name='Luxuria']The new Dante reminds me of Peter Parker. The demo boss was boring.[/QUOTE]

Is it the "fuck You!" monster?

[quote name='j-cart']Gotta see if it feels like 60fps![/QUOTE]

Feels quick. But I leave all 60fps comments to Uraizen, as I know he'll drop truth like nobody's business.

[quote name='Luxuria']The new Dante reminds me of Peter Parker. The demo boss was boring.[/QUOTE]

I can see that, I guess.

I thought the whole demo was boring. A couple of decent surprises coupled with a whole bunch of disappointment.
Well, let me clarify that. After I completed the regular stage, I didn't have enough interest in the game to care about trying the boss stage.
I thought it felt quick and was mostly fluid. I didn't notice any technical hitches such as tearing or slowdown.
This may have been the most responsive combat NT has ever done. I guess paying with Capcom worked out some.
I thought the addition of the hidden keys and stuff was cool too.
The HS weapon swap system seems like it could be decent coupled with the grappling, but I don't like the rest of the game enough to care.

With that said, here's a bunch of stuff I didn't like:
The colors are too hectic... I felt like my eyes were in a perpetual state of throwing up...
The graphics aren't *good* either... everything felt blurry/fuzzy to me.
The story and character design still suck.
For that matter, the enemy design sucks too. It's like somewhere between Bayonetta and DMC3/4 but in a "we copied it, not used it as inspiration" way.
The shifting environments don't really do anything for me. In fact...
The platforming is outright horrible. It's the only place I died. And it's because the shifting is so fucking jarring when you do the platforming; I made one little angle miscalculation on my first attempt at the last jump in the church and the way the shifting occured, I landed and the ground slid right out from under me. Not a fan.
The combo system is easy to mash your way to an S rank. While there are good things in the combo system, it never feels like you're working at the combos... it's more like... I can be stylish if I want to, or I can abuse the same few moves over and over.
In the demo, at least, it told me I earned upgrades, but I didn't see anywhere to use them? Maybe it's like old DMC and you have to do it in between missions, but when I see a little icon that tells me I have 3 upgrades, I want to try upgrading.

Overall, it's better than I would have initially thought, though I still don't like it and won't be buying it anytime soon.
I think my biggest complaint is the visuals. All the contrasting colors and attempts to make the environments vibrant and "pop" prove very distracting to me.

[quote name='j-cart']Is it the "fuck You!" monster?[/QUOTE]

It very well might be... it's the "Secret Ingredient" chapter, which I think was the "fuck YOU!" part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try it when it goes up on PSN.

It can be hard to tell with a demo sometimes for a game like that. The DMC4 demo wasn't great, but the game turned out to be awesome.

Dang you guys are fast. Does anybody work or have a social life in here?? Well, anyhoo, I'm poised to hate NT's take on DmC regardless, so I already don't like it.

[quote name='gunm']Dang you guys are fast. Does anybody work or have a social life in here?? Well, anyhoo, I'm poised to hate NT's take on DmC regardless, so I already don't like it.[/QUOTE]

I'm off this week.

[quote name='whoknows']I'll try it when it goes up on PSN.

It can be hard to tell with a demo sometimes for a game like that. The DMC4 demo wasn't great, but the game turned out to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I loved the DMC4 demo and I still love DMC4; especially Nero.

[quote name='gunm']Dang you guys are fast. Does anybody work or have a social life in here?? Well, anyhoo, I'm poised to hate NT's take on DmC regardless, so I already don't like it.[/QUOTE]
I'm trying for a social life. Thus my not being here as often. :cry:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

I loved the DMC4 demo and I still love DMC4; especially Nero.[/QUOTE]

The combat was pretty restricted in the demo though.

Nero was great though. I preferred him to the somewhat messed up Dante in DMC4.

I love action games/slash/beat em ups whatever they're called so yeah I wouldn't mind playing it. I don't even care his hair is black honestly.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']time to try DmC...[/QUOTE]
GOTY
[quote name='whoknows']The man is out to get me.[/QUOTE]
Indignate? Only thing he wants is your sweet, supple loins.
[quote name='j-cart']Gotta see if it feels like 60fps![/QUOTE]
I Can't Believe It's Not 60 FPS!!
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Feels quick. But I leave all 60fps comments to Uraizen, as I know he'll drop trou like nobody's business.
[/quote]
Fixed.
I thought the whole demo was boring. A couple of decent surprises coupled with a whole bunch of disappointment.
Well, let me clarify that. After I completed the regular stage, I didn't have enough interest in the game to care about trying the boss stage.
I thought it felt quick and was mostly fluid. I didn't notice any technical hitches such as tearing or slowdown.
This may have been the most responsive combat NT has ever done. I guess paying with Capcom worked out some.
I thought the addition of the hidden keys and stuff was cool too.
The HS weapon swap system seems like it could be decent coupled with the grappling, but I don't like the rest of the game enough to care.

With that said, here's a bunch of stuff I didn't like:
The colors are too hectic... I felt like my eyes were in a perpetual state of throwing up...
The graphics aren't *good* either... everything felt blurry/fuzzy to me.
The story and character design still suck.
For that matter, the enemy design sucks too. It's like somewhere between Bayonetta and DMC3/4 but in a "we copied it, not used it as inspiration" way.
The shifting environments don't really do anything for me. In fact...
The platforming is outright horrible. It's the only place I died. And it's because the shifting is so fucking jarring when you do the platforming; I made one little angle miscalculation on my first attempt at the last jump in the church and the way the shifting occured, I landed and the ground slid right out from under me. Not a fan.
The combo system is easy to mash your way to an S rank. While there are good things in the combo system, it never feels like you're working at the combos... it's more like... I can be stylish if I want to, or I can abuse the same few moves over and over.
In the demo, at least, it told me I earned upgrades, but I didn't see anywhere to use them? Maybe it's like old DMC and you have to do it in between missions, but when I see a little icon that tells me I have 3 upgrades, I want to try upgrading.

Overall, it's better than I would have initially thought, though I still don't like it and won't be buying it anytime soon.
I think my biggest complaint is the visuals. All the contrasting colors and attempts to make the environments vibrant and "pop" prove very distracting to me.
Definitely sounds like the best action game ever.
[quote name='whoknows']I'll try it when it goes up on PSN.

It can be hard to tell with a demo sometimes for a game like that. The DMC4 demo wasn't great, but the game turned out to be awesome.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, DMC4 was pretty sweet.
I've no PCs to fix this week, and my social life is strictly weekends lately. Plus I'm dealing with a shitty cold, so I ain't doing shit unless I need to.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I loved the DMC4 demo and I still love DMC4; especially Nero.[/QUOTE]
Nero is fun as hell.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm trying for a social life. Thus my not being here as often. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Awwwwwwww. . .it's alright, Joel!! Our little guy is out in the world. :grouphug:
[quote name='whoknows']The combat was pretty restricted in the demo though.

Nero was great though. I preferred him to the somewhat messed up Dante in DMC4.[/QUOTE]
Dante was broken as fuck.
[quote name='GUNNM']the new DMC isn't too bad but I hate they rebooted the story and the characters look shitty no rent/buy for me[/QUOTE]
That's like saying "Herpes isn't too bad. . ."
[quote name='GUNNM']I love action games/slash/beat em ups whatever they're called so yeah I wouldn't mind playing it. I don't even care his hair is black honestly.[/QUOTE]
I just want the game to not be shitty or lame. But it looks to be mediocre and lame. Boo.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']
cmt-medium.gif
[/QUOTE]
Love this gif.
[quote name='whoknows']I just wish instead of black hair he was blonde.

And also had blue eyes.[/QUOTE]
Aryan race Dante.
[quote name='j-cart']So who is going Pro in Playstation All-Stars?[/QUOTE]
Not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back