GGT 206 needs help grinding tifa

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a general rule, if it's marketed as "Christian", it's probably terrible. If you want good Christian music, turn that shit off and listen to Johnny Cash or some good bluegrass or something. You want good Christian literature, you drop Left Behind and pick up Tolstoy or [I can't actually think of a good contemporary author with heavy Christian theming at the moment so let's just pretend Yann Martel fits that description because I'm going to bed]. These things are Christian, either implicitly or explicitly, but their quality is high enough that they don't have to rely on Christian branding to worm dollars out of tribalistic god damn idiots.

And that marks the most times I have used the words "Christian" in one post on CAG. Y'all best be talking about videogames when I wake up. Hell, even your stupid weeaboo fighting gaemes will do.

[quote name='The Crotch']As a general rule, if it's marketed as "Christian", it's probably terrible. If you want good Christian music, turn that shit off and listen to Johnny Cash or some good bluegrass or something. You want good Christian literature, you drop Left Behind and pick up Tolstoy or [I can't actually think of a good contemporary author with heavy Christian theming at the moment so let's just pretend Yann Martel fits that description because I'm going to bed]. These things are Christian, either implicitly or explicitly, but their quality is high enough that they don't have to rely on Christian branding to worm dollars out of tribalistic god damn idiots.

And that marks the most times I have used the words "Christian" in one post on CAG. Y'all best be talking about videogames when I wake up. Hell, even your stupid weeaboo fighting gaemes will do.[/QUOTE]

That about sums it up.

Although people who seek out branded genres like that probably have terrible taste anyways

[quote name='The Crotch']Y'all best be talking about videogames when I wake up. Hell, even your stupid weeaboo fighting gaemes will do.[/QUOTE]

Paging Dr. uraizen.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']doom II is gay fuck hard
also American Mcgee makes really shitty Doom maps[/QUOTE]

Mmm, somebody named American making something shitty? Why am I not surprised?

[quote name='The Crotch']As a general rule, if it's marketed as "Christian", it's probably terrible. If you want good Christian music, go to church. You want good Christian literature, read the Bible. These things are Christian, either implicitly or explicitly, but their quality is high enough that they don't have to rely on Christian branding to worm dollars out of tribalistic god damn idiots, but they still do anyway.
[/QUOTE]
Fixed. Now donate money, or you're going to hell. Preacher needs a new Cadillac.

As an aside from the earlier bit about "Christian media", playing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" as a church song is pretty much the most hilarious god damn thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

I mean shit, the song is religious, but it ain't Christian. And even if it was, your church group might wanna cut out one verse...

There was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in you
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

[quote name='The Crotch']As an aside from the earlier bit about "Christian media", playing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" as a church song is pretty much the most hilarious god damn thing ever.

I mean shit, the song is religious, but it ain't Christian. And even if it was, your church group might wanna cut out one verse...[/QUOTE]

This is why this song was played during the sex scene in The Watchmen :D

I always get hung up on the roof-bathing beauty. I don't see a towel and coconut oil, I imagine a big tub, a big bubble-bath up there. Maybe a rubber duckie.

I think it's what Cohen intended.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']But... but... he wanted to talk about weeaboo fighters!

Speaking of, I can't wait for DoA5+ on Vita! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for people to find out it's 30 fps.

[quote name='panzerfaust']DmC is a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Very a lot.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Speaking of, I can't wait for DoA5+ on Vita! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Excellent news.

[quote name='distgfx']Can't wait for people to find out it's 30 fps.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter because it will feel like 60.

[quote name='j-cart']This is why this song was played during the sex scene in The Watchmen :D[/QUOTE]
Indeed!

[quote name='dothog']I always get hung up on the roof-bathing beauty. I don't see a towel and coconut oil, I imagine a big tub, a big bubble-bath up there. Maybe a rubber duckie.

I think it's what Cohen intended.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it's supposed to be a woman just bathing herself on the roof like in Biblical times. It's a reference to Bathsheba and King David.

Also, that song makes great fuckin' music.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's a reference to Bathsheba and King David.[/QUOTE]
Riiiight. I don't see it. Cohen wanted to fit "loofah" in there and gave up on it when the rhyming dictionary failed him. I saw it on VH1's behind the music.

I watched the shit out of Xena and Hercules.

I got super drunk tonight. Passed out for 2 hours or so at 10 PM, puked when I woke up. Hardcore.

Don't drink, kids.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I watched the shit out of Xena and Hercules.

I got super drunk tonight. Passed out for 2 hours or so at 10 PM, puked when I woke up. Hardcore.

Don't drink, kids.[/QUOTE]
That reminds me! So like, remember how I was drinking super often? I've been slowly drinking less and less because this girl I like is disappointed in me drinking as much as I do and I don't think I've ever wanted to drink as bad as I do right now.

[quote name='whoknows']Doesn't matter because it will feel like 60.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Can't wait for people to find out it's 30 fps.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters either way; it's DoA5. ;)

--

GGxxAC+R coming to PSN finally Tuesday.
Thanks Arc, you're about 5 weeks too late for me to care (unless you fixed the netcode).

Last edited by a moderator:
So BSG some time tomorrow, I guess. I don't know y'all's time zones, butfuckwhatever.
[quote name='GUNNM']I wish I had bought xcom instead of dishonored. I rented xcom and am having more fun with it[/QUOTE]
I could have told you that.

But I didn't. Oh no, I did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back