GGT 206 needs help grinding tifa

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='panzerfaust']this actually just happened

ldZZF.jpg
[/QUOTE]
LOL

NorthernStar wubgauofbweuofgabeguojabgvoiednngpisghbszBHfnxfnb!

[quote name='GUNNM']Oh yeah my bad

I want to buy MGS R through amazon but I really really want that grey fox skin[/QUOTE]

Well, look at it this way:
The grey fox skin will be available sooner or later (probably sooner) for a dollar or so.
If it's anything like the other single player based games that use costumes (I'm going to cite Batman AC here), you won't be able to use it until you finish the game once. If like RE6's content, the maps are available within 3-4 weeks of buying the game, do you really want the grey fox skin for your second playthrough for the $20 you'd have to spend out of pocket to preorder at GS?

I think that's mostly right. Lots of assumptions, but that's how I'd look at it.

That was a really awkward game of BSG. As the only person who'd played before, it was kind of my responsibility to remind people "hey, remember your special abilities, remember to use your cards", but as a cylon, I didn't want to be all, "Hey. You know you guys have a card called 'strategic planning' that..." because there were a lot of cards that could have helped you guys out with dice rolls and skill checks, and they can be played on anyone's turn.

But the important part of this is go cylons!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']That was a really awkward game of BSG. As the only person who'd played before, it was kind of my responsibility to remind people "hey, remember your special abilities, remember to use your cards", but as a cylon, I didn't want to be all, "Hey. You know you guys have a card called 'strategic planning' that..." because there were a lot of cards that could have helped you guys out with dice rolls and skill checks, and they can be played on anyone's turn.

But the important part of this is go cylons![/QUOTE]

Just want to know, is it possible for all of us to be cylons?

[quote name='j-cart']Just want to know, is it possible for all of us to be cylons?[/QUOTE]
No. There are only four cylon cards total, and I only shuffled two of them into the deck that we all drew from. My picking the -1 morale cylon in a game where our morale was hurting the most was pretty good luck, too, but indignate helped a lot for that (the president has a lot of morale-boosting cards that he just kept buried) and I successfully lobbied for a morale-damaging choice or two as the "better option" before I revealed.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Reports in the Target clearance thread show PS3 SF x TK down to $9 at many locations.[/QUOTE]
Love it when a game is cheaper than its DLC. It amuses me greatly.

[quote name='The Crotch']That was a really awkward game of BSG. As the only person who'd played before, it was kind of my responsibility to remind people "hey, remember your special abilities, remember to use your cards", but as a cylon, I didn't want to be all, "Hey. You know you guys have a card called 'strategic planning' that..." because there were a lot of cards that could have helped you guys out with dice rolls and skill checks, and they can be played on anyone's turn.

But the important part of this is go cylons![/QUOTE]

Well since we now have a pretty good understanding of the basics, next time we can hopefully get the hang of using special abilities and cards more regularly.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well since we now have a pretty good understanding of the basics, next time we can hopefully get the hang of using special abilities and cards more regularly.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Specifically, there's one card that helps on die rolls (especially if you play it on Helo's turn) and there are three that help for skill checks. The die roll card adds +2 to any single roll or, with Helo's once-per-turn ability, to both of his rolls. One of the skill check cards - which, again, can be played by anyone with the card, whether it's their turn or not - makes it so all cards are played face-up, so you can see if anyone's trying to sabotage. Another card retroactively lowers the difficulty of the skill check by two in case you almost but not-quite made it. And there's a blue engineering card that makes all other blue engineer cards count towards the skill check even if they're supposed to work against it, but only if played before people start contributing cards.

Like I said, it was kinda-sorta my responsibility to remind you guys about those cards from time to time, but it was also kinda-sorta my responsibility to fucking kill all of you.

[quote name='The Crotch']Yeah. Specifically, there's one card that helps on die rolls (especially if you play it on Helo's turn) and there are three that help for skill checks. The die roll card adds +2 to any single roll or, with Helo's once-per-turn ability, to both of his rolls. One of the skill check cards - which, again, can be played by anyone with the card, whether it's their turn or not - makes it so all cards are played face-up, so you can see if anyone's trying to sabotage. Another card retroactively lowers the difficulty of the skill check by two in case you almost but not-quite made it. And there's a blue engineering card that makes all other blue engineer cards count towards the skill check even if they're supposed to work against it, but only if played before people start contributing cards.

Like I said, it was kinda-sorta my responsibility to remind you guys about those cards from time to time, but it was also kinda-sorta my responsibility to fucking kill all of you.[/QUOTE]

Those cards definitely sound useful.

Also, I just realized one of the main reasons we humans got screwed over at the end was because both positions of power (president and admiral) were filled by cylons.

[quote name='ihadFG']Those cards definitely sound useful.

Also, I just realized one of the main reasons we humans got screwed over at the end was because both positions of power (president and admiral) were filled by cylons.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, I didn't have too many opportunities to fuck y'all over with my admiral powers. I never got a chance to waste the last nuke, which wouldn't have mattered anyway because cylon attacks were really god damn rare that game. I only got to pick two jumps after I found out I was a cylon, and none of them were for a distance of 1. The closest thing to a "bad" jump I picked was the one that damaged two of our vipers, but since no cylon attack preceded or followed that up, you guys were able to get them repaired without much issue.

It was President Gaius Gambit Indignate Baltar that really fucked you guys. The president's two big roles are replenishing resources and getting people in and out of jail. He squirreled away those resource restoration cards as soon as the sleeper phase hit, and you saw just how good he was at putting people in jail after I revealed. With how few attacks there were (srsly, go through the crisis deck on your own some time and look at some of the bullshit attack the cylons can launch with those things, 'cause they were terribly represented that game), I would probably have been fucked if anyone but him was the other cylon.

[quote name='ihadFG']Those cards definitely sound useful.

Also, I just realized one of the main reasons we humans got screwed over at the end was because both positions of power (president and admiral) were filled by cylons.[/QUOTE]

My favorite part was when both positions of power were filled by one Cylon.

Me.

[quote name='Indignate']My favorite part was when both positions of power were filled by one Cylon.

Me.[/QUOTE]

Douglas the Devastator.

My favourite part was panzerfaust, no longer talking out loud because he didn't want to wake his roommate, typing in Skype chat about how stupid everyone was for letting him languish in the brig.

I didn't contribute negatively to any skill check, put a favorable space jump crisis on the top which you all saw, and didn't reveal as cylon which would have been beneficial to me.

You guys are nuts.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I really want to play this BSG game now.[/QUOTE]
Shit was so cash. Me and Indignate didn't even know we were cylons for the first half of the game, and it was only in the last couple turns that everyone knew for sure who was on which side. Of course, knowing didn't help the humans much, as President Gaius Gambit Indignate Baltar had all the humans thrown in jail, and even if the fleet hadn't torn itself to pieces with mass rioting and mutiny, I was prepared to call in an absolute shitstorm of cylon raiders and basestars to blow everything up.

You know how many Vipers I had to fix? I hate Chief.

If I could I would have put myself in the brig every turn.

Serious note, the game was fun, was a bit confusing at first but I need to remember the special card abilities. I could have saved us :D

Also, skype sucks, but everyone knows how much I hate skype.

[quote name='j-cart']You know how many Vipers I had to fix? I hate Chief.

If I could I would have put myself in the brig every turn.

Serious note, the game was fun, was a bit confusing at first but I need to remember the special card abilities. I could have saved us :D

Also, skype sucks, but everyone knows how much I hate skype.[/QUOTE]
It was kinda weird. Humans had both Chief and Apollo, the two best "oh god we're getting fucked up by space robots" characters around. But neither of you guys got to use your abilities. At all. Chief and Apollo can be huge in a game. There were just so few proper cylon attacks, and the only real dangerous pack of raiders got obliterated by my nuke, so all you two could do was sit around and watch the morale meter drop.

[quote name='Luxuria']You don't understand true beauty.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I do.

And I'm pretty sure Elena is, as Dudley would say, "gutter trash".

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This one seems much easier than the last one. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Definitely easier at the request of the patrons. If I find the 28 other questions I'll post them.

[quote name='The Crotch']Jimbrooooooo.[/QUOTE]

Great game, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back