GGT 210 Gives Advice on Getting Through Life (& Not Being Afraid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't, she hasn't made a new one.

She said she wouldn't have internet for a couple days but it's been three days already.

I'm worried.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm amazed. I think Bendis' Avengers is one of the shittiest books ever. All the characters sound the exact same and until the most recent arc he was fucking ruining Magic in the Marvel U. And plenty of other writers thought to put Spidey and Wolvie on the Avengers! Marvel just used to have ri-goddamn-diculously strict rules about who could be a member. When Quesada started coming up on the totem pole things loosened up because they realized that with Spider-Man and Wolverine as prominent film characters they could suck new people into buying more than just X-Men and Spider-Man books. His first few arcs of Avengers aren't bad... But after a while he just got sloppy. Ruining the Sentry stands out as my biggest problem with him. Still adore his Ultimate Spidey, though.[/QUOTE]

Every single issue of the first volume of New Avengers was great, save for the forced tie-ins into events like Civil War and Secret Invasion. The same could be said about his Avengers and New Avengers runs as well. The real drawback with those is the fact that the art was irrevocably sporadic for no reason at all. I can't even fathom why Marvel decided to juggle so many different artists around instead of sticking with just one. Storytelling is a two-part effort, and if you're constantly changing one, then the book is destined to be mediocre-to-average.

As for the Sentry, he was already kind of useless and ruined if you think about it. Bendis dug deep in the pantheons of Marvel just to find the character and make him somewhat relevant. To me, he was just the tool to push Norman Osborn over as a truly powerful villain.

I'm not saying Bendis isn't without fault, but I don't see where most of the negativity comes from. Sure, he doesn't knock it out of the park every time like Brubaker, Snyder, or Hickman. But without him, we don't get the best run on Daredevil, the best Spider-Man stories and not to mention that when he teams up with Maleev (which sadly isn't enough), it's always good. That being said, I do prefer him on solo books over team books. Sorry for ranting, haha.

She's posting on twitter. Just go read that.

Or look at this for a few hours.

Just leave me alone and stop being weird.

A_IKoXnCIAAokUZ.jpg

[quote name='GhostShark']Every single issue of the first volume of New Avengers was great, save for the forced tie-ins into events like Civil War and Secret Invasion. The same could be said about his Avengers and New Avengers runs as well. The real drawback with those is the fact that the art was irrevocably sporadic for no reason at all. I can't even fathom why Marvel decided to juggle so many different artists around instead of sticking with just one. Storytelling is a two-part effort, and if you're constantly changing one, then the book is destined to be mediocre-to-average.

As for the Sentry, he was already kind of useless and ruined if you think about it. Bendis dug deep in the pantheons of Marvel just to find the character and make him somewhat relevant. To me, he was just the tool to push Norman Osborn over as a truly powerful villain.

I'm not saying Bendis isn't without fault, but I don't see where most of the negativity comes from. Sure, he doesn't knock it out of the park every time like Brubaker, Snyder, or Hickman. But without him, we don't get the best run on Daredevil, the best Spider-Man stories and not to mention that when he teams up with Maleev (which sadly isn't enough), it's always good. That being said, I do prefer him on solo books over team books. Sorry for ranting, haha.[/QUOTE]
It's coo! I'm glad to talk to have more comic book fans in here! And I don't get what you mean by Bendis having to dig deep into the Pantheon to get Sentry. It wasn't too long after his series that he became an Avenger and that whole bit about him being a comic book character in their universe was waaaay fucking stupid. You're right about all his solo book stuff, though. I adore his run on DD. Best since Miller. I just really hate how his Avengers all sound alike and his infatuation with street-level characters. It makes me worry about his writing the cosmic stuff that's coming up in the MU. GoG was my favorite Marvel book for a long, loooong time. Hoping that this doesn't tarnish my memory of it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I bet she got fucked in that outfit too.[/QUOTE]
YEP! By us!

:cool:

-----------
I had to buy the Beat Hazard DLC. Having too much fun with it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
I had to buy the Beat Hazard DLC. Having too much fun with it.[/QUOTE]

I loved Beat Hazard. Such a cool little game.

Hey, I'm going to talk about a game for once, so you should probably skip this post cuz it's isn't about Leda.

That Dust game is fantastic. I swear, some of my favorite games this year have been downloadable titles, even though I guess every game is pretty much downloadable now (yall
ninja.gif
s know what I mean).

The combat, while pretty simplistic, is fun as hell. The music is great. The story is decent. And furries are just fuckin cool, I guess. I hope it gets ported to PC cuz I know that's the only way most of you
ninja.gif
s would even bother to think about playing it.

Yall need to drop down on dat master race shit and spend some cash on dem MS Points. Have you been to dat PSN store lately? Whack as fuck.

1087120_o.gif

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This is an accurate depiction of what happened to Leda's insides when Joel and I double teamed her.

_1356017226.gif
[/QUOTE]

Coolest part of Cabin in the Woods.

[quote name='Indignate']Hey, I'm going to talk about a game for once, so you should probably skip this post cuz it's isn't about Leda.

That Dust game is fantastic. I swear, some of my favorite games this year have been downloadable titles, even though I guess every game is pretty much downloadable now (yall
ninja.gif
s know what I mean).

The combat, while pretty simplistic, is fun as hell. The music is great. The story is decent. And furries are just fuckin cool, I guess. I hope it gets ported to PC cuz I know that's the only way most of you
ninja.gif
s would even bother to think about playing it.

Yall need to drop down on dat master race shit and spend some cash on dem MS Points. Have you been to dat PSN store lately? Whack as fuck.

[/QUOTE]

What's a dust game?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Such a good movie. I was kind of let down by the ending though. I'm not sure what I expected.[/QUOTE]

I thought the ending was perfect.

[quote name='linkpwns']
What good downloadable games came out this year? Since I barely ever check XBLA or PSN.[/QUOTE]

I think most of the good downloadable stuff this year was also on PC (or PC exclusive).

So for XBLA and PSN, all I can really think of is Fez, Journey, and the enhanced XBLA version of Spelunky.

Mark of the Ninja. Dust. Tokyo Jungle. Rock Band Blitz. Trials. Dyad. Sound Shapes.

Seriously, get off this PC master race shit. 1 gb ram.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think most of the good downloadable stuff this year was also on PC (or PC exclusive).

So for XBLA and PSN, all I can really think of is Fez, Journey, and the enhanced XBLA version of Spelunky.[/QUOTE]

Journey is not a game. At least not from what I hear. :lol:
The $7.50 it's currently selling for seems like it's still a ripoff. :cool:
And you missed a bunch. You build a PC and look what happens to you... *TSK*TSK*

[quote name='Indignate']Mark of the Ninja. Dust. Tokyo Jungle. Rock Band Blitz. Trials. Dyad. Sound Shapes.

Seriously, get off this PC master race shit. 1 gb ram.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. A few of those might have PC ports. Maybe.
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins isn't on PC either.

[quote name='Indignate']Mark of the Ninja. Dust. Tokyo Jungle. Rock Band Blitz. Trials. Dyad. Sound Shapes.

Seriously, get off this PC master race shit. 1 gb ram.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I didn't even have a decent PC until about a month ago. I was just stating that a lot of downloadable stuff has also been coming to PC lately.

Anyway, Mark of the Ninja came to PC. And I figured Dust was already mentioned so I didn't have to say it again. I forgot about Tokyo Jungle. Haven't played RB:Blitz or Dyad. I didn't realize they were worth mentioning. And I have played Sound Shapes, which didn't do a whole lot for me.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Journey is not a game. At least not from what I hear. :lol:
The $7.50 it's currently selling for seems like it's still a ripoff. :cool:
And you missed a bunch. You build a PC and look what happens to you... *TSK*TSK*
[/QUOTE]

Not a game? What is it then?

And I wasn't trying to prove the PC's superiority or anything . I was just trying to point out for Mikey that most of the stuff he would be interested in is stuff that he has probably seen on Steam. It just seems that most things are multiplatform these days. Plus I don't think Mikey is interested in things like Rock Band Blitz. I was just pointing out top tier stuff that he might actually want to play.

[quote name='Indignate']Everything comes out for PC, as it should.

I'm just upset that you motherfuckers haven't played Mark of the Ninja yet.[/QUOTE]

I played a bit of it back on 360 and it was excellent. Definitely recommended.

Everything downloadable needs to be on Steam for the simple fact that my PC is on all day, so it takes much less effort to double click a game than find my 360/PS3 controller, turn them on, wait for the slow ass booting, find the game, press X, wait for it to load.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Everything downloadable needs to be on Steam for the simple fact that my PC is on all day, so it takes much less effort to double click a game than find my 360/PS3 controller, turn them on, wait for the slow ass booting, find the game, press X, wait for it to load.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, I booted up my 360 to try to find what was on sale for the holidays, and I was amazed about how difficult it was for me to find the store, let alone what was on sale. The latest dashboard really sucks.

The new PSN store is slightly better for finding stuff, but it's also a bit weird.

[quote name='ihadFG']Not a game? What is it then?

And I wasn't trying to prove the PC's superiority or anything . I was just trying to point out for Mikey that most of the stuff he would be interested in is stuff that he has probably seen on Steam. It just seems that most things are multiplatform these days. Plus I don't think Mikey is interested in things like Rock Band Blitz. I was just pointing out top tier stuff that he might actually want to play.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know. A 2 hour "experience"? I don't know. But knowing ThatGameCompany...

And I was just busting your balls, good sir. :p

Also backwards compatibility might go bye bye next gen too, and I'd like to be able to play my copy of Braid in 10 years.

[quote name='ihadFG']Out of curiosity, I booted up my 360 to try to find what was on sale for the holidays, and I was amazed about how difficult it was for me to find the store, let alone what was on sale. The latest dashboard really sucks.

The new PSN store is slightly better for finding stuff, but it's also a bit weird.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly how I felt when the new 360 dash hit. Every page has an ad at the bottom, yeah? And you end up seeing ads 17 times or so before you find the demo section. Guaranteed that's why they hid it all the way in the fucking back ass corner of it. Just like how stores do that with milk, butter, and eggs, they put it way in the back corner so you have to march through the entire store to find them, and hopefully you impulse purchase some stuff on the way there, or remember things you needed to buy.

Biggest complaints with the new PSN store are that it takes forever to load and it's slow as molasses, plus has tearing and runs like shit. Gimme the old store back, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't know. A 2 hour "experience"? I don't know. But knowing ThatGameCompany...

And I was just busting your balls, good sir. :p[/QUOTE]

You don't have to like their games, but they are very much still games. (at least Flower and Journey are, I've only played like a minute of Flow)

And yeah, I know you were, but I figured I'd explain myself anyway. :lol:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Also backwards compatibility might go bye bye next gen too, and I'd like to be able to play my copy of Braid in 10 years.[/QUOTE]

I've actually rebought some games on Steam partially for that reason.

[quote name='The Crotch']Back to the city on Wednesday. Anyone down for a round of BSG or CAH that night? And have you passed the spoiler-point, Josh?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm down for BSG that night. It would have to be that night too because I'm busy next Thursday through Sunday. And yeah, I'm past the spoiler point.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yep, I'm down for BSG that night. It would have to be that night too because I'm busy next Thursday through Sunday. And yeah, I'm past the spoiler point.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Cant wait to subjugate humans on New Caprica.

[quote name='Indignate']Everything comes out for PC, as it should.

I'm just upset that you motherfuckers haven't played Mark of the Ninja yet.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for sub $5 on steam. Still have way too many steam games to play.

[quote name='ihadFG']Out of curiosity, I booted up my 360 to try to find what was on sale for the holidays, and I was amazed about how difficult it was for me to find the store, let alone what was on sale. The latest dashboard really sucks.

The new PSN store is slightly better for finding stuff, but it's also a bit weird.[/QUOTE]

I never actually go into the XBL market place. I just download stuff from xbox.com directly to my xbox. The future, yo.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I never actually go into the XBL market place. I just download stuff from xbox.com directly to my xbox. The future, yo.[/QUOTE]
This is the only way to do it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
I never actually go into the XBL market place. I just download stuff from xbox.com directly to my xbox. The future, yo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This is the only way to do it.[/QUOTE]

That is how I have been doing it lately as well. That's why I was dumbfounded when I tried to do it through the console itself.

Dark Souls is awesome. 2012 GOTY.

[quote name='ihadFG']That is how I have been doing it lately as well. That's why I was dumbfounded when I tried to do it through the console itself.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what compelled you to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back