GGT 210 Gives Advice on Getting Through Life (& Not Being Afraid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy beat Flash!

... but SKT got its shit wrecked anyway.

EDIT: Also, a white dude beat a Korean in proleague. Dogs lying down with cats, people.

[quote name='The Crotch']In retrospect, putting Flash on my fantasy anti-team was probably not one of my best decisions. Don't fuck this up, Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna lie, at first I thought you were talking about some weird fantasy football superhero thing.

[quote name='BlueScrote']What MOBAs do people here play? I know icebreezy plays LoL.[/QUOTE]

I play LoL and dabble a bit in DotA2. (I guess I've played Awesomenauts now too, which is a 2D MOBA).

I know panzerfaust plays LoL, not sure if he plays others.

j-cart plays DotA2, and from what he's said in the past it sounds like that is his go to MOBA game (i.e. I know he doesn't play LoL and I have a feeling he probably doesn't play any of the others).

[quote name='icebeast']Indignate thanks for inviting me to play Awesomenauts with you and your friends that was a good time. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you had fun, babycakes.

Thanks Indig!

In other news I totally met this blonde hair chick named Leda this past week. I asked her if she knew who Leda was and she didn't understand what I was talking about. Then smooth moves j-"cuddles" decided that it was appropriate to show her the youtube videos. The only way I was able to talk myself out of actually know that Leda youtube videos exist was my impressive beer pong streak of 5 wins.

I totally hate you Indig for allowing me to know who Leda is. Fortunately, this blonde Leda was not that attractive (6 for you number people).

[quote name='icebeast']
j-cart plays DotA2, and from what he's said in the past it sounds like that is his go to MOBA game (i.e. I know he doesn't play LoL and I have a feeling he probably doesn't play any of the others).[/QUOTE]

Haven't played DotA2 in awhile. But if people want to troll, I will help. I don't care about winning, I care about being annoying :p

[quote name='GUNNM']L4D2 for $10 at a pawnshop. =D[/QUOTE]

L4D2 is like $5 on Steam all the time and it comes with all the DLC. :lol
I, too, know the pain of not having a good gaming PC. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']L4D2 is like $5 on Steam all the time and it comes with all the DLC. :lol
I, too, know the pain of not having a good gaming PC. :(
[/QUOTE]
I have a good pc just a shitty video card I have to put MID quality on video settings if I want to run any game but I don't like PC gaming I can't get into it.
I'm all about xboxs yo

[quote name='GUNNM']hey guys SF III is on sale on xbox if I buy it can I show you my awesome hugo combos?[/QUOTE]
Sure, just remember to buy a PS3 and a copy of it on PS3 and we'll watch.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Get on that LoL scrotez[/QUOTE]

I think i actually have it installed, i just haven't wanted to put the energy into it to learn it.

everytime i play l4d i really enjoy it, but for done reason i never launch it. Might be a good game to play with the ggt.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Finally decided to grab Spec Ops: The Line, it's pretty fantastic so far.[/QUOTE]

I might end up playing that as well, I got it in this Steam sale and so many people have said good things about it I feel like I should play through it. I think that Persona 4, and getting back to Batman Arkham City are high on my list of things to play through while I have free time during my job search.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I think i actually have it installed, i just haven't wanted to put the energy into it to learn it.[/QUOTE]

If you ever do end up getting into it maybe you me and panzer can team up, I've been playing a bunch of bot games lately on this break to just practice roles I don't play as often (which is like every role except support :oops:, although I was decent at jungling, haven't tried again since the new changes went in though so I'd have to work on it), and because dealing with four other random players when your actually up against live people can be rather trying, sometimes I work up to it though and usually just rock support. I've really been enjoying Nami lately, she's a blast, super focused on the support role but her abilities are really awesome.

I find support a bit boring in LoL, which is odd because I prefer that role in non-MOBA games. I guess it's just because there's a chance you're going to have a really uneventful match, and your role is typically less noticed. I still think Riot has room to improve there.

If you guys ever play LoL, I'd be down. Supporting has changed a bit since they are now encouraged to be a bit more aggressive. Lulu, for example, can make all the difference with everything she offers. Nami is... interesting. She has a lot of potential. Her bubble can really mess the other team up. ~_x The new jungle hasn't really changed that much.

Smite was a decent MOBA. You know.

Decent. Screw DotA 2 though. All I remember about that game is a pirate ship that just fucked me up.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I find support a bit boring in LoL, which is odd because I prefer that role in non-MOBA games. I guess it's just because there's a chance you're going to have a really uneventful match, and your role is typically less noticed. I still think Riot has room to improve there.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I haven't played many games of any type where playing a support role isn't a fairly thankless job. Though I don't really mind that, I don't need a huge kill count to make myself feel good, the only slightly grating thing about it for me is when you get accused of being useless when it's really the carry your laning with who is being way to aggressive and getting themselves killed (usually made more funny when they try and explain how you could do your job better, but don't actually really know how your character works, haha). There is something I find really gratifying about saving peoples hides and buffing them up that makes me almost always gravitate to a support role in every game.

[quote name='Luxuria']If you guys ever play LoL, I'd be down. Supporting has changed a bit since they are now encouraged to be a bit more aggressive. Lulu, for example, can make all the difference with everything she offers. Nami is... interesting. She has a lot of potential. Her bubble can really mess the other team up. ~_x The new jungle hasn't really changed that much.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll try and add you to my friends list, what's your name on LoL?

I like Lulu too. The supports I play most often are Leona, Sona, Lulu, and Nami. And yeah if you land the bubble for Nami you can destroy the enemy team, her ult is decently strong too for initiation or clean-up, and the bouncing heal is fun, only thing that sucks with her is trying to hold a lane since she doesn't have anything to help with minion clearing outside of buffing herself up for some single target hits (but Sona has a similar problem).

In regards to the jungle I meant more the additional jungling related items, I haven't really looked into them much yet so I'd need to figure out what works well for a build on the characters I typically jungle with, which is mostly Diana (haven't tried her since she was recently nerfed though) and Sejuani (who I know isn't one of the stronger champions but I still enjoy playing her).

[quote name='panzerfaust']Decent. Screw DotA 2 though. All I remember about that game is a pirate ship that just fucked me up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I still don't know a lot of the DotA2 characters (since there are so many), but I remember that boat well, it does indeed fuck you and anyone else near you up, haha. :lol:

tumblr_mesa91871n1rf3b43o2_400.gif

[quote name='GUNNM']hey guys SF III is on sale on xbox if I buy it can I show you my awesome hugo combos?[/QUOTE]

buy it, i'll play with ya

Been playing a lot of Saints Row lately. Really love it. I wish Just Cause 2 had the same quality of gunplay as Saints Row.

Some of the side activities are really a pain though.

Yo seriously, play Sonic Generations if you grew up with the hedgehog. It's GREAT.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I have it on 360 also along with most of the other fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Let's play sometime - I don't think I have you on my friends list.

Spec Ops ended up being a little tiring, though it's cool to see the Heart of Darkness get a video game interpretation. The ending just wasn't as powerful as it could of have been, and that may be due in large part because of the inherent silliness of cover shooters. Maybe I'm a desensitized monster but I did not feel regret over anything I chose to do in that game, probably because they have you constantly mowing down waves of soldiers from start to finish.

And then there's the awkwardness of controlling a character that is there to be projected onto, but disagreeing with the core of his motives. As a recon team I would of bailed and reported back immediately upon finding rogue soldiers. The only reason I continued was because I had to follow the game's rules. Hotline Miami does this sort of thing much more effectively.

The interactive medium is a strange one.

Hmm. Picked up Spec Ops in the Fall sale. Should really get around to playing it soon. Seems like it's been all anyone can talk about since that article where the developers trashed the multiplayer.

'Course, I also have Hotline Miami to play yet...

[quote name='The Crotch']
'Course, I also have Hotline Miami to play yet...[/QUOTE]

Don't answer the hotline, unless of course you really want to.

[quote name='The Crotch']Play Continents, not Earth.

Berk.[/QUOTE]
But they always end with my ending all the world. So, I am playing the world.

[quote name='GhostShark']He looks motivated as fuck.[/QUOTE]
Indubitably.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hmm. Picked up Spec Ops in the Fall sale. Should really get around to playing it soon. Seems like it's been all anyone can talk about since that article where the developers trashed the multiplayer.

'Course, I also have Hotline Miami to play yet...[/QUOTE]

I await your commentary on either.

"Why was Dolan Defenders included in the XBLA fighting games sale the other day? Am I missing something?" asked Frost.

"Oh, silly Frost, didn't you know, Dolan Defenders is the best fighting game of 2012, only available on xbox360!" MajorNelson replied.

Frost scratched his head.
"Larry, have you been smoking dope? I have a game by that name on PS3 and Steam and it's definitely not a fighting game. It's somehow less of a fighting game than Sony Smash or Smash Bros. will ever be."

MajorNelson grinned.
"But Frost, have you tried it on 360? The 360 and XBL gold are the best in the business. Just because you played it on those other platforms doesn't mean it's the same experience when you play on your all-powerful xbox 360! I highly recommend you try it... you don't know what you're missing."

--

And that's how I missed out on a deal to get the greatest fighting game on the xbox 360 platform for a mere 600 points. :(

Tis a shame, really.

-------------
Haven't played spec Ops yet, picked that up around Thanksgiving from Greenmang for $6, figured I'd co-op it with a friend. Watched him play it a few months ago, looked like a standard issue third person shooter with a story twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back