GGT 210 Gives Advice on Getting Through Life (& Not Being Afraid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Eff that. Do you know how much that goes for if it's in good condition? Sell it! I did and I do not regret never having played it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

But that game is so good, he should play it, and then sell it. You totally missed out Frosty, seriously that game is stupendous, fairly sure it's in my top 25 games of all time.

--

Also, I kind of cried multiple times while watching Wreck It Ralph today. :cry: But the ending made me happy. :D

[quote name='panzerfaust']Oh my god, drunken Ashe arrows are absolutely priceless.[/QUOTE]

I started to sober up during my second game which was probably good since it was my first time playing Ahri, but after kind of a rocky start I was doing fairly good with her. My first game I played as Vi though and that was fairly awful for me just kind of not chaining anything together, haha.

[quote name='icebeast']That's probably one of my favorite games on the GC, tied with Baten Kaitos, you should totally play it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Play it.

Also, your sister sounds awesome, Icebeezy. :applause:

[quote name='GUNNM']My new years resolution is to watch every leda video[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're going to have a great year.

[quote name='ihadFG']We still playing BSG Wednesday? Who's in? And what time, does 8pm again work?[/QUOTE]

I might be in. I'll let you guys know for sure later.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm in as fuck.[/QUOTE]

That's...gross.

[quote name='ihadFG']Happy New Year guys!

And Indignate, you in for Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I already said a thing if you look up.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Happy New Year's, $$$$as!!!

Do some shots shots for Indignate.[/QUOTE]

Buttery Nipples.

[quote name='icebeast']I'd join, even though I have no clue what the game is like, but I have a feeling timing would be too tight for me (assuming that is 8pm eastern). My mom, sister and I are doing a fancy dinner to celebrate my sister getting into med school that evening, and I'm fairly sure the reservations are for only an hour before that time (or might be that time exactly). If I happen to make it back in time I might hop on and see if I can join.[/QUOTE]

I totally want you to be there. Games take like 2 hours though.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Icybeezy, your sister is hot, though her legs aren't as good as yours.[/QUOTE]

Tell her I said Hi.

[quote name='Luxuria']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJuPqhV2-U&list=UUn5-xJ5DzDZ3Bo6w8kkUKFg&index=1

Happy new year, gaiz! Hope you had a good one.[/QUOTE]

fuck you! fuck you! Who the fuck do you think you are? You know I've been waiting forever for a new Leda video and you go and fucking post it!?!

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so upset. I mean, I knew this was going to happen eventually, everybody falling in love with Leda and posting videos and stuff, but I guess I just wasn't ready for it. It's just hard, you know? Especially when some Canadian douchebag is pounding her out every night.

You're actually my favorite person now.

[quote name='The Crotch']I can live with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgyr-kJ4SfU[/QUOTE]

I thought this was going to be crap but then I played it and it was alright I guess.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Also, your sister sounds awesome, Icebeezy. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Tell her I said Hi.

[quote name='icebeast']I'd join, even though I have no clue what the game is like, but I have a feeling timing would be too tight for me (assuming that is 8pm eastern). My mom, sister and I are doing a fancy dinner to celebrate my sister getting into med school that evening, and I'm fairly sure the reservations are for only an hour before that time (or might be that time exactly). If I happen to make it back in time I might hop on and see if I can join.

--

Speaking of my sister I think I might have convinced her to check out some X-Men comics, I think on Wednesday I'm going to see about getting her all of All-New X-Men for her upcoming birthday which is this week since I feel like it wouldn't be an awful place to hop on (I basically told her how I did it, which is just pick a place and start reading, and go back and read stuff if you learn about something being referenced which sounds cool or want to learn more about a character). She really likes the X-Men movies and generally likes the characters and so I was telling her about the comics and told her I really liked that series and since it just started it wouldn't be a horrible place to start, and she said she'd be interested in giving them a read. I actually got her the first two Fable Deluxe books for Christmas to read since I know she likes fairy-tale characters and I told her that series was totally awesome.

--

Also, Happy new year everyone! (Just changed for where I am).[/QUOTE]

It might be a good idea to recommend a couple of the better X-men trades (not that I could pick any of those out).

[quote name='icebeast']But that game is so good, he should play it, and then sell it. You totally missed out Frosty, seriously that game is stupendous, fairly sure it's in my top 25 games of all time.
[/QUOTE]

The Paper Mario games have never clicked for me.
I remember trying the beginning of the game somewhere and I bought my sealed copy even though I wasn't a fan -- when I no longer had a Gamecube or Wii, I started selling all the games I had left over, especially those that got me a good amount of $.
Paper Mario (sealed/players choice?) got me about 4 times what I paid for it. (I was sad to part with my OoT and Zelda collection discs the most... :()

[quote name='icebeast']I'd join, even though I have no clue what the game is like, but I have a feeling timing would be too tight for me (assuming that is 8pm eastern). My mom, sister and I are doing a fancy dinner to celebrate my sister getting into med school that evening, and I'm fairly sure the reservations are for only an hour before that time (or might be that time exactly). If I happen to make it back in time I might hop on and see if I can join.
[/QUOTE]

Well we don't have to start right at 8pm EST. That was just the time I was suggesting in case it worked for everyone. We could start at like 9 or 10 EST if that meant you would be able to play.

[quote name='Indignate']Thousand Year Door is the only Paper Mario game worth playing.[/QUOTE]

I started the new one yesterday, and so far it's a lot of fun. It's not really an RPG as much like TYD though. I haven't played the N64 one, and while I enjoyed Super Paper Mario for a bit, it eventually grew tedious. The dialogue was funny at times, but there was just too much of it.

With that said, I don't think any of the paper Mario games have been as good as Mario RPG or Bowser's Inside Story. TYD comes close though.

Few things get better than Super Mario RPG.

I still haven't played Inside Story. I've been doing a little bit of the second game, with the time travel and the babies. I think I'm like five hours into that.

Ice: Would be cool if you could make it. The game is fairly long-ish, especially when we have new players to teach, but it's really good. I don't know how familiar you are with the show but we're playing on one of the expansions for the first time so there's spoilers up until, like, 1/3 of the way through season 3.

And yeah, while 8 EST would be a great time for me, I'm fine with starting later.[quote name='Indignate']Thousand Year Door is the only Paper Mario game worth playing.[/QUOTE]
This is obviously false, but there is a truth-corn amongst the lie-shit: Thousand Year Door is fucking awesome.
[quote name='Indignate']I thought this was going to be crap but then I played it and it was alright I guess.[/QUOTE]
That's because NoMeansNo is basically the best thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrJJgcJA4N8

[quote name='Indignate']How Canadian is that band?[/QUOTE]
Quite. If they aren't the oldest punk band in the country, they're damn close.

I just played 4 hours of civilization while hung over this morning.

Buying Civilization may have been a poor choice.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I just played 4 hours of civilization while hung over this morning.

Buying Civilization may have been a poor choice.[/QUOTE]

Poor choice?
Or the best choice?

Also, what's a hangover? :cool:

NAear.jpg
[quote name='corrosivefrost']There you go, fixed that for you. ;)[/QUOTE]
Eh. It was a good game, but a horribly underwhelming sequel on every level.

Except for the soundtrack, of course.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well we don't have to start right at 8pm EST. That was just the time I was suggesting in case it worked for everyone. We could start at like 9 or 10 EST if that meant you would be able to play.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Crotch']Ice: Would be cool if you could make it. The game is fairly long-ish, especially when we have new players to teach, but it's really good. I don't know how familiar you are with the show but we're playing on one of the expansions for the first time so there's spoilers up until, like, 1/3 of the way through season 3.

And yeah, while 8 EST would be a great time for me, I'm fine with starting later.[/QUOTE]

I talked with my mom who made the reservations for the diner and those are currently set for 8:30 EST so if you guys were willing to move it to 10pm EST I'm fairly sure I can make it. (I think we're going to see if we can move that reservation up as well if we can so hopefully making that time should be even more doable, assuming that time works for everyone else, I know that start time is a bit late for everyone on the east coast).

I watched BSG up to around the middle of the season that takes place on New Caprica. Is fat Lee Adama a playable character? (Because I would play that).

[quote name='ihadFG']With that said, I don't think any of the paper Mario games have been as good as Mario RPG or Bowser's Inside Story. TYD comes close though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Super Mario RPG >>> Anything after it with Mario and RPG elements.[/QUOTE]

I think I'd probably agree with Hank here, all of the Mario & Luigi games were great but I think I'd put Super Mario RPG first and Thousand Years Door second.

--

Also, this is what my dad got me for Christmas:
A New 52 Poison Ivy statue.
Ivy_Statue_zpsb39c0e68.jpg

[quote name='The Crotch']If nothing else, the lack of Geno in the last Smash Bros. is fucking criminal.[/QUOTE]

I was so let down by Brawl. Not only were the mechanics a step down, but the online was a travesty. I could overlook the mechanic changes if the online was rock solid, but nope.

[quote name='icebeast']
Also, this is what my dad got me for Christmas:
A New 52 Poison Ivy statue.
Ivy_Statue_zpsb39c0e68.jpg
[/QUOTE]

For some reason I thought that was black widow and I was like DC...what?

[quote name='BlueScrote']I was so let down by Brawl. Not only were the mechanics a step down, but the online was a travesty. I could overlook the mechanic changes if the online was rock solid, but nope.

For some reason I thought that was black widow and I was like DC...what?[/QUOTE]

It's always amazing when someone takes a mediocre party game and makes it, somehow, worse. :)

[quote name='GUNNM']anarchy reigns next week D=[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']Uraizen already played that like a year ago.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nice statue, icebeasto![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='BlueScrote']For some reason I thought that was black widow and I was like DC...what?[/QUOTE]

I'm not really a huge fan of Black Widow, haha. And it does say Poison Ivy right on the box, haha. I love Poison Ivy though (and I think her New 52 outfit is totally rad (her Rot World outfit in Swamp Thing is fairly sweet too though)), kind of sucks that she doesn't have a constant home now that she's off Birds of Prey though, hopefully she'll get more focus in the bat titles to make up for it (I ended up getting the recent issues of Detective Comics, even though I don't normally follow it at all, just because she was in them).

[quote name='The Crotch']It's cool, I got you on this one.

rSLMW.gif
[/QUOTE]

What exactly are you trying to say?

[quote name='GUNNM']Can it be your 2013 GOTY if you've played it in 2012?[/QUOTE]

Sure. Dragon's Dawgma was my 2012 GOTY and still is so far this year.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I still need to play Dragon's Dogma! Really wish it'd drop sub $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, I wish it had come out on PC so it would go on sale on Steam. I debated getting it back when I grabbed some Vita games for B2G1 at Gamestop, but ended up getting Asura's Wrath instead. I liked the Dragon's Dogma demo though, it reminded me of a mix between Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter.

dragon's dogma came out when I just put 100+ hours on skyrim didn't wanna play another 100+ hour rpg. Its skyrims fault I ignored DD.

[quote name='GUNNM']dragon's dogma came out when I just put 100+ hours on skyrim didn't wanna play another 100+ hour rpg. Its skyrims fault I ignored DD.[/QUOTE]

You can speedrun the game in 30 minutes.

[quote name='Indignate']Not even.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']Maybe a little.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']Nah, never. GOTY.[/QUOTE]
Hah, another Nate is pounding your girl, dawg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZhPLIxaME
[quote name='The Crotch']Hank, you aren't scheduled to rise from your grave for another 3 months.[/QUOTE]
I'm getting hyped up early. Maybe I'll show up early and surprise everyone.

SUP, BITCHES? live on CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back