GGT 212 Releases a "Gay Sub-Thread" & Then Bets it All on Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='120fps']It's good to be reminded that not all gamers are homophobes. Great thread title.[/QUOTE]
I'm not entirely sure how to read this post, but the thread title is in reference to The Old Republic's "Gay Planet".
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Are you legit trying to be a new member?[/QUOTE]
Eh, beats SpicyTaco.

EDIT: So right as I say that, Taco posts one of the more interesting things of the day. Yeah, Deep Silver's marketing department seems to have gone to shit after their first trailer. They did a "we're sorry that you're offended" a couple hours after that picture started going around.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm not entirely sure how to read this post, but the thread title is in reference to The Old Republic's "Gay Planet".

Eh, beats SpicyTaco.

EDIT: So right as I say that, Taco posts one of the more interesting things of the day. Yeah, Deep Silver's marketing department seems to have gone to shit after their first trailer.[/QUOTE]
shut up douchemonger

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Almost time to terrorize the streets of Hong Kong some more. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I liked Yakuza 3, and I've liked the GTA series. Would I like Sleeping Dogs?

[quote name='whoknows']I read the ending and I like that
Desmond is finally dead. Woooo. One of the worst characters ever.
[/QUOTE]
I agree for someone who plays as a bunch of awesome assassin's he sure was a dullard.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I liked Yakuza 3, and I've liked the GTA series. Would I like Sleeping Dogs?[/QUOTE]
Mmm, I liked Yakuza 1 and 2, haven't played 3 or 4, and I've liked GTA but not enough to finish them. That being said, Sleeping Dogs >>> any GTA, and it's the best open world GTA style game I've played, barring the batshit insanity of Saint's Row 3. So yeah, i think you'd like it.

But is it worth it? Sucks Redbox isn't getting it. Seems like a good rental.

Oh man, Metal Gear demo next week. For those who played it, was it good? The slow-mo seems like it blows.

Yeah it was good the only thing that annoys me is you're graded after every little skirmish kinda like bayonetta I'm hoping there's no get S++++++ on every one.

I've already paid off my MGR through amazon it sucks I won't be getting cyborg ninja skin but oh well

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah I'm surprised maybe ninja theory can work on DMC 5.

Not one negative review so far which is pretty amazing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you gotta ask yourself -- do these reviewers like action games like our own Uraizen does or do they like more casual experiences.

As soon as I read this in a review that said 8/10, it was instantly discredited, IMO:

"It positively crushes the gameplay of the fourth installment and does away with the overused backtracking."
D+Pad Magazine (80/100)

Other gems:

"The combat in Devil May Cry gets to be repetitive when you play for too long in one sitting, but the missions are well designed for playing in short bursts and picking it back up later."
The Escapist, (70/100)

"The gameplay is more accessible than its peers, but that's no bad thing, and there's still plenty of depth and challenge on offer to delight hardcore players."
Push Square, (80/100)
[Note: I'm not entirely sure, but I believe Uraizen's, Hank's, and my own opinions on the combat were quite contrary.]

And it keeps going on and on.

--

Edit: Just saw the post above me... wow, Capcom loves to fucking troll.

How is the second one even positive? ''This game is boring to play for long periods of time''

NT be paying this d00ds

[quote name='GUNNM']How is the second one even positive? ''This game is boring to play for long periods of time''[/QUOTE]
Um. I don't think it was supposed to be positive?

[quote name='The Crotch']Um. I don't think it was supposed to be positive?[/QUOTE]
A 7 out of 10 is positive

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That Old Dante easter egg made me laugh harder than it should have.[/QUOTE]
Same. I was like THOSE SUNS OF BITCHES

[quote name='GUNNM']A 7 out of 10 is positive[/QUOTE]
7/10 means "maybe worth looking at if you're already a big fan of that sort of thing".

[quote name='The Crotch']7/10 means "maybe worth looking at if you're already a big fan of that sort of thing".[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need to be a big fan... in fact, I think the people giving the most positive reviews are the people who thought action games like Ninja Gaiden/DMC/Bayonetta were all "too challenging" or "unfair".

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't think you need to be a big fan... in fact, I think the people giving the most positive reviews are the people who thought action games like Ninja Gaiden/DMC/Bayonetta were all "too challenging" or "unfair".[/QUOTE]
I think you're overthinking it. Or underthinking it.

One of the two.

[quote name='whoknows']I read the ending and I like that
Desmond is finally dead. Woooo. One of the worst characters ever.
[/QUOTE]

I kind of think they won't stick with it though.
how else will they milk the rest of the colonial era set pieces like brotherhood and revelations did?

[quote name='BlueScrote']I kind of think they won't stick with it though.
how else will they milk the rest of the colonial era set pieces like brotherhood and revelations did?
[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling that the conversation with Shaun pertaining to how he thinks that the
Animus should be given over to the public to use freely definitely opens up the possibility of the Colonial era being milked. Either that or Desmond's dad could always hop on in the chair.

I think we all know where AC 4 is going.
Skylanders AC. You buy your assassin and you play as him in the present him. ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the MGR demo and its pretty cool. Raiden is badass. New Dante is just emotionless and dull and boring for me. The gameplay is solid but maybe a little too simple and easy. I miss my old Dante, it's not just the hair color Crapcom, old Dante was badass and new Dante is just a whiny bitch. I would pay for a DmC game that pits Classic Dante against New Dante. Dead Space is just gears of war now pretty much and no horror at all.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I should play Dead Space 2 sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Game's almost two years old. And it's excellent. Why have you not played it yet?! :[

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dead Space 3 is cover based now?[/QUOTE]
Lol yup. You can even crouch, roll, necros shoot at you. The stomp melee looks really weird I was stomping myself to checkpoints it was funny to me at least.

The weapon make system is pretty shitty I don't want to spend that much time learning how to make my own weapon just give me back my power nodes.
Angry joe compared it to lost planet and I agree. Snow planet with huge bosses you gotta aim for their weak points.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I should play Dead Space 2 sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Game's almost two years old. And it's excellent. Why have you not played it yet?! :[[/QUOTE]
Yup amazing game I wish I had gotten hardcore achievement before I sold the game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Game's almost two years old. And it's excellent. Why have you not played it yet?! :[[/QUOTE]

I'm playing through Dead Space 1 right now, since I've never finished that, haha. We'll see if I'm gung ho when I finish that I might play 2 right after.

[quote name='GUNNM']2 is much better than 1[/QUOTE]

I liked what I played of 1 the last time I was going through it, and I made it decently far that time but just didn't finish it, so maybe I'll really love 2, haha. The strange thing is that this should be like the perfect genre for me because it melds science fiction and horror both of which I enjoy.

[quote name='icebeast']I liked what I played of 1 the last time I was going through it, and I made it decently far that time but just didn't finish it, so maybe I'll really love 2, haha. The strange thing is that this should be like the perfect genre for me because it melds science fiction and horror both of which I enjoy.[/QUOTE]
I think 1 was a bit scarier because everything was darker but 2 was longer and had more memorable scenes.
[quote name='whoknows']Are we talking about DMC? If so I agree.[/QUOTE]
DmC> DMC2

[quote name='GUNNM']

DmC> DMC2[/QUOTE]

That's only because DmC is the best one. It is after all the fresh take on the series that was desperately needed and it shows.

[quote name='panzerfaust']ninja theory made a good game, think we were wrong on this one.[/QUOTE]

Don't put me in this group. I always had blind faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back