GGT 212 Releases a "Gay Sub-Thread" & Then Bets it All on Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GUNNM']2 is much better than 1[/QUOTE]

Nah.

They're both great.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yup amazing game I wish I had gotten hardcore achievement before I sold the game.[/QUOTE]

I just got it. fucking nerve racking. Especially when near the end
where there's so many places for a instant death of you fuck up. Eye needle segment, dealing with regenerator and the path to the marker, asteroid dodging after the final boss, the laser centrifuge that won't stasis...

I had originally saved in chapter 5 (start)... I wasted my 2nd save right before the instant death section of chapter 7 that you and I were bitching about in previous threads and then the last save at the start of chapter 11 right after
you eject from the Ishamura
. HIGH STRESS.

The zealot playthrough was amazing afterwards, with the elite suits and the hand cannon. I didn't realize the holy shit rend them apart effect of the hand cannon (one-two hit brute deaths on zealot) counted as dismemberment. If I had realized that, I would've used that from the start. :lol:

When I finished the platinum, I went on to 100% severed DLC too.

[quote name='GUNNM']Lol yup. You can even crouch, roll, necros shoot at you. The stomp melee looks really weird I was stomping myself to checkpoints it was funny to me at least.

The weapon make system is pretty shitty I don't want to spend that much time learning how to make my own weapon just give me back my power nodes.
Angry joe compared it to lost planet and I agree. Snow planet with huge bosses you gotta aim for their weak points.[/QUOTE]

I have the demo... I'll have to fire it up soon. I really hope it's still fun... they claim you can ignore co-op for a more traditional Dead Space experience. I'm hoping that's true.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm playing through Dead Space 1 right now, since I've never finished that, haha. We'll see if I'm gung ho when I finish that I might play 2 right after.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how stressful you find the games. I'd probably need a break just so my heart doesn't give out from the tension. ;)

[quote name='icebeast']I liked what I played of 1 the last time I was going through it, and I made it decently far that time but just didn't finish it, so maybe I'll really love 2, haha. The strange thing is that this should be like the perfect genre for me because it melds science fiction and horror both of which I enjoy.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing. I don't like games in the future usually, at least not games dealing with space travel and aliens and such, but I love everything (pretty much) about Dead Space and Dead Space 2.

[quote name='panzerfaust']ninja theory made a good game, think we were wrong on this one.

i'll still make fun of their framerates though.[/QUOTE]

From what I've played of the demo, I respectfully disagree, well about the "good game" part. The framerate, however, everyone knew how that would work out.

Maybe the full version is better than the demo, but from my experience, I think I'd rather play Heavenly Sword or Enslaved again... and it's not just because they "fucked up a franchise I love" or whatever. Even if this game was on it's own (again, based off my time with the demo), I would not like it, if it was an entirely original IP. The combat wasn't challenging and was even more "mash button to win" than most action games. The colors and world design made my eyes feel like they were going to vomit. And the story, which NT is supposed to be amazing with (though I never thought their previous efforts were, to be honest), is getting knocked in the reviews and from what I've seen is just uninteresting and doesn't hold my attention -- it might be better than Bayonetta's writing, but I think most grade school children could manage that. At least Bayonetta was enjoyable to look at though. :p

Sure I miss the old nodes/circuits upgrades, but this weapons bench stuff doesn't seem bad from the 5-10 minutes I screwed with it in the weapons room... trying to solo demo now. So far everything feels right and I'm not sure you're allowed to roll/duck in solo... at least I can't yet as far as I've tried (though it worked in the weapons room).

Ok, there's the "cover" based part. At least there's a difference between necromorphs with guns and unitoligists with guns... (one is blind spray, the other is more accurate). I'm not liking the cover bits or the rolling/ducking, but I think those are additions that aren't required. It feels a bit off, but it still is mostly Dead Space. So far, I'm not impressed enough to go for it on day 1, especially since there's no promo credit deals, but I would consider it for about $30.

Also, it's really weird for me playing on the 360 controller as I normally play Dead Space on the PS3 and the triggers are reversed. :S

[quote name='Indignate']Yes.

Eh, no.

Eh, not sure. How much is 5 million copies?[/QUOTE]

EA says they need to sell 5 million copies for DS3 to be successful.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Ok, there's the "cover" based part. At least there's a difference between necromorphs with guns and unitoligists with guns... (one is blind spray, the other is more accurate). I'm not liking the cover bits or the rolling/ducking, but I think those are additions that aren't required. It feels a bit off, but it still is mostly Dead Space. So far, I'm not impressed enough to go for it on day 1, especially since there's no promo credit deals, but I would consider it for about $30.

Also, it's really weird for me playing on the 360 controller as I normally play Dead Space on the PS3 and the triggers are reversed. :S[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it has undergone a bit of RE6.

[quote name='j-cart']Sounds like it has undergone a bit of RE6.[/QUOTE]

In the rolling, evading department, maybe... but the roll is so awkward.
In case you forgot, it was RE5 that added the enemies with guns and cover. :)

To crouch whatever button it is to do that light to navigate you just click it once.
congrats on hardcore tried once died on whatever chapter never tried again out of anger

Wouldn't it be easier to jump cancel in DmC since the enemies practically are flying in the air after a combo anyways?

When MG R releases everyone will see what a good action game is. :>

[quote name='corrosivefrost']In the rolling, evading department, maybe... but the roll is so awkward.
In case you forgot, it was RE5 that added the enemies with guns and cover. :)[/QUOTE]

Rolling, evading and cover is introduced in RE6.

[quote name='GUNNM']Thank lord jeebus hank for rentals.[/QUOTE]

Fun Fact: Last game I remember renting was Dead Space 1 when it was released. I don't rent anymore because games have become cheaper.

/edit: Wait, who is the dumbass at EA that is having the new Army of Two and Dead Space 3 game releasing a month after each other? And Visceral Games made both of them...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']thisguyisnotcool 3 hours ago
Reminds me of DMC2

In more ways than one, huh? ;)[/QUOTE]

No, DMC2 got bad review scores.

I need to play SWTOR tonight. Just merged another guild into the one I am in and I need to cement myself as top healer for PvP.

[quote name='j-cart']I need to play SWTOR tonight. Just merged another guild into the one I am in and I need to cement myself as top healer for PvP.[/QUOTE]
You're all horrible berks.

Police-chase-passes-house.gif

[quote name='The Crotch']You're all horrible berks.[/QUOTE]

Says the person that can't get a toon to level 50...

Deal still stands.

[quote name='j-cart']Says the person that can't get a toon to level 50...

Deal still stands.[/QUOTE]
Take it up with the berk that wrote the dialogue for the Sith Warrior questline.

[quote name='Indignate']I meant the demo dawg.

I'm not going to buy the game.[/QUOTE]
The demo is really short. Its not even a full level

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I WILL![/QUOTE]

I secretly wanted you to.

[quote name='Luxuria'].[/QUOTE]

I've never used that one before.

I approve.

[quote name='gunm']I'm enjoying Mass Effect 2. :p[/QUOTE]

Game of the generation. Real talk.

[quote name='GUNNM']RE5 is probably my most played RE game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='The Crotch']Take it up with the berk that wrote the dialogue for the Sith Warrior questline.[/QUOTE]

fuck your storyline, PvP and smash spec repubs or do the flashpoints for storyline stuff that have to do with KotOR.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Again, rolling/evading yes. Cover no. You either blocked RE5 out of your mind or you didn't play through the campaign.
[/QUOTE]

Granted, once I completed the storyline, all I did was play Mercenaries after that. Seriously I do not remember the cover system at all. Was it even effective?

[quote name='j-cart']Granted, once I completed the storyline, all I did was play Mercenaries after that. Seriously I do not remember the cover system at all. Was it even effective?[/QUOTE]

I remember laying up against a co-op door, and hammering the B button to call your partner over.

So yeah.

Cover in RE5 was kinda garbagio. Run n' gun is the way to go! I've finished that sucker on every platform...with the 1000g/Platinum to boot.

[quote name='j-cart']
Granted, once I completed the storyline, all I did was play Mercenaries after that. Seriously I do not remember the cover system at all. Was it even effective?[/QUOTE]

On the hardest difficulty, yes, you absolutely had to play stop and pop a la Gears of War or you'd just die.

It wasn't a very fun though and seemed way out of place, especially since it's introduced about 5 chapters in -- Hank informed me it was Chapter 5-2 where it first shows up.

From my experiences with RE6, I think they made cover better, when you're forced to use it. At least it seems to fit more, not in that it wasn't logical that someone in those sorts of situations with that sort of training would, y'know, take fucking cover when shot at or whatever, but after RE4, introducing it so late in RE5 was weird.

In RE6, at least it kind of fits with the rolling/dual wielding/walking while shooting.

[quote name='Indignate']Who went through the harder difficulties without the infinite rocket launcher?[/QUOTE]

Whatever the one below hardest was, that one!
But you still need cover even with the infinite rocket launcher. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back