GGT 217 will work 3 jobs just to buy a PS4 and every launch title. It's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Haven't you hung out with Seanr? And PatFortengbafssdf[/QUOTE]

I've hung with a bunch of CAGs but not SeanR. I also hungout with Jekki a bunch (he stayed at my place in Philly AND drove me from Vegas to LA one time!), HeavyD, asianxcore, kainzero, Markman (twice, briefly), moozras, Dr. Mario Kart and a few other heads.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']After we eat a shit ton of food and drink a few gallons of Kraken, we'll probably both want to disappear. lol[/QUOTE]

hell yeah *bro-fist*

09af976b485b0c6ca64e61d05c9a4ddd.jpeg
BDbH01BCcAEBwAi.jpg:large
BDdOxJ8CUAEuPOe.jpg:large
BDdiwxlCcAA1CVa.jpg:large
BDmUKQWCcAANAMf.jpg:large

Love Yahoo, they know what's important with gaming.

[quote name='Yahoo why u so smart?']
The current Xbox 360 beats the seven-year-old PlayStation 3's online network with features such as voice commands on interactive gaming and better connectivity to smartphones and tablets.
[/quote]

[quote name='distgfx']
I don't see it, but I do know that the boss was awesome. You get Sam's sword and get to kick the Senator's ass all while the vocals for the soundtrack start to kick up. First round you get your ass kicked, second is a fist to fist fight(?!), then you finally get to whoop his ass. Him throwing the robot's parts at you, you using blade mode to stop his regeneration, pulling his heart out, etc. Man... that was a great way to end the game. Just the right amount of difficulty for a game like this. Even if you were a bitch, there's like... four regeneration items dropped from the robot's parts each time you slice them after he throws them at you. They completely regenerate your health, too! I'm already on Chapter 2 through my Hard playthrough. Noticed a few differences between the two difficulties already gameplay-wise, I'm digging it.
[/QUOTE]
Haven't got there yet, but any pointers on Monsoon? fucker took forever to beat and even though I got a B on him I'd like to try to up it to an A.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Haven't got there yet, but any pointers on Monsoon? fucker took forever to beat and even though I got a B on him I'd like to try to up it to an A.[/QUOTE]

Nope, no tips in particular. To net an S, you probably need to do it without getting hit since that adds 1000.

[quote name='Luxuria']You should take Sonic 2013, too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']Take him a picture of Leda to sign too.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he'll only sign one thing, and since my copy of Sonic 06 is an import he'll appreciate that.

[quote name='Luxuria']I'll just wait for Dark Arisen then. I like DLC.

I just lied.

Gaiz. Facebook+Games = Win. Right? Uhh....[/QUOTE]

Yeah b/c Dark Arisen is ONLY compatible with the new disc version of the game coming out soon. If you have the old disc, you still have to buy a new disc.

Capcom

[quote name='whoknows']Well it's not like they're wrong.[/QUOTE]

The copy editior screwed up/didn't know that the PS3 is barely 6 years old and 360 is the 7 year old plus console.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah b/c Dark Arisen is ONLY compatible with the new disc version of the game coming out soon. If you have the old disc, you still have to buy a new disc.

Capcom[/QUOTE]

Well, it's only coming out on disk so...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah b/c Dark Arisen is ONLY compatible with the new disc version of the game coming out soon. If you have the old disc, you still have to buy a new disc.

Capcom[/QUOTE]

If Dark Arisen is as big as I'm under the impression it is, I couldn't really see them selling it for much less than $40 anyway even if it didn't have the first game included honestly.

[quote name='distgfx']Nope, no tips in particular. To net an S, you probably need to do it without getting hit since that adds 1000.[/QUOTE]
Okey dokey, I'll try that! Also, do you use any of the secondary weapons? I still haven't purchased one and I don't really use any of the launchers or grenades either. Should I? I feel like it slows things down too much.

Man, arguing with someone on Facebook about the Sony conference sucking and dude is seriously drinking the koolaid. He loved everything he saw and even thinks Braid is an important game. :lol:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okey dokey, I'll try that! Also, do you use any of the secondary weapons? I still haven't purchased one and I don't really use any of the launchers or grenades either. Should I? I feel like it slows things down too much.

Man, arguing with someone on Facebook about the Sony conference sucking and dude is seriously drinking the koolaid. He loved everything he saw and even thinks Braid is an important game. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I use launchers on helicopters.
I haven't used grenades much yet, but I think they'd work great if you get mobbed -- I think they basically stun everything so you could get an emergency zandatsu in to recharge and set yourself up to take on the rest.
I just bought the polearm and upped it to +1 damage. I love this fucking thing.

The only thing you need to know about Jonathan Blow: His games blow.

I still wouldn't mind a PS4 eventually, as it will go nicely with my Vita with all that "play any game remotely on it" stuff, if true.
However, there's no real fucking kool-aid to drink yet.
There are no real details on launch games, we haven't seen jack shit all of gameplay yet, there are no details on how they're going to structure PSN, no details on how to use PS3 games via Gaikai if you own physical discs, no details on price, etc.
It was basically "look, we exist, we're coming out later this year, stay tuned, and check out some early tech previews".
I don't know why anyone was expecting more.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Guys, we should make a bunch of GGTs so the stupid PS4 announcement threads disappear in this section.[/QUOTE]

Or we could just post in all of them.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okey dokey, I'll try that! Also, do you use any of the secondary weapons? I still haven't purchased one and I don't really use any of the launchers or grenades either. Should I? I feel like it slows things down too much.[/QUOTE]

Monsoon's Sais, buy them ASAP. They pull you into your enemy, your kick hits anything in your path, you can follow it up, and it has a chance to temporarily stun an enemy while glowing purple. I used that shit all the time against flying enemies and just to randomly stun bigger ones. You can still do all your command attacks that use the strong button like the stinger.

As for Grenades or Rocket Launchers, well... I guess you could use a rocket to shoot down the helicopter on the sundowner fight, but it just comes back after a bit. They just seem to be there for the sake of being there.

[quote name='distgfx']Monsoon's Sais, buy them ASAP. They pull you into your enemy, your kick hits anything in your path, you can follow it up, and it has a chance to temporarily stun an enemy while glowing purple. I used that shit all the time against flying enemies and just to randomly stun bigger ones.

As for Grenades or Rocket Launchers, well... I guess you could use a rocket to shoot down the helicopter on the sundowner fight, but it just comes back after a bit. They just seem to be there for the sake of being there.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea what the "destroyed +100" i see sometimes is. I constantly try to cut off the left hand, but I'm not so great at it yet... wondering if this has a correlation.

Also, if you didn't use homing rockets to stun and bring down the helicopters in mission 01, how did you bring down the helicopters when you didn't have a high perch to jump off of for attacks?

Like in the "go kill the people who radio'ed for backup" optional fight (#1).

[Rocket launchers are also good for blowing up cameras that are hard to reach in mission 1 (for the trophy/achievement if you care)]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I use launchers on helicopters.
I haven't used grenades much yet, but I think they'd work great if you get mobbed -- I think they basically stun everything so you could get an emergency zandatsu in to recharge and set yourself up to take on the rest.
I just bought the polearm and upped it to +1 damage. I love this fucking thing.

The only thing you need to know about Jonathan Blow: His games blow.

I still wouldn't mind a PS4 eventually, as it will go nicely with my Vita with all that "play any game remotely on it" stuff, if true.
However, there's no real fucking kool-aid to drink yet.
There are no real details on launch games, we haven't seen jack shit all of gameplay yet, there are no details on how they're going to structure PSN, no details on how to use PS3 games via Gaikai if you own physical discs, no details on price, etc.
It was basically "look, we exist, we're coming out later this year, stay tuned, and check out some early tech previews".
I don't know why anyone was expecting more.[/QUOTE]
I was expecting at least one thing to make me want to buy it, but nope. And while I would agree there is clearly koolaid to be found if so many people are jizzing themselves over the press conference. Most disappointing thing ever.

Also, thanks! I'll buy it next time I play!

[quote name='Indignate']Or we could just post in all of them.[/QUOTE]
I... like this idea. We should spam them with Leda and MGR.

[quote name='distgfx']Monsoon's Sais, buy them ASAP. They pull you into your enemy, your kick hits anything in your path, you can follow it up, and it has a chance to temporarily stun an enemy. I used that shit all the time against flying enemies and just to randomly stun bigger ones.

As for Grenades or Rocket Launchers, well... I guess you could just a rocket to shoot down the helicopter on the sundowner fight, but it just comes back after a bit. They just seem to be there for the sake of being there.[/QUOTE]
Sweetness! I like the idea of something that pulls me to enemies. That's been a problem for me with a few enemies. Will you be replaying the game on any higher difficulties? I'm considering it since aside from the Monsoon fight I haven't had any problems at all with the game.

Okay, that's basically what I thought. I've used Rockets on a couple of choppers, but I find that most of the time if I just slash in the air enough I'll hit them and that's more fun that fiddling with the Rocket controls.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Do you have any idea what the "destroyed +100" i see sometimes is. I constantly try to cut off the left hand, but I'm not so great at it yet... wondering if this has a correlation.

Also, if you didn't use homing rockets to stun and bring down the helicopters in mission 01, how did you bring down the helicopters when you didn't have a high perch to jump off of for attacks?

Like in the "go kill the people who radio'ed for backup" optional fight (#1).

[Rocket launchers are also good for blowing up cameras that are hard to reach in mission 1 (for the trophy/achievement if you care)][/QUOTE]
Destroyed +100 just means you got 100 BP for killing the enemy in Blade mode. Pretty sure, at least. You'd get +50 or +100 extra pop ups in addition to the Destroyed +100 for cutting off their arms.

And I used them in that fight, but that's only one of the few. If you jump and just mash X you'll kind of float up to them sometimes, so that's how I've taken most of them out.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Destroyed +100 just means you got 100 BP for killing the enemy in Blade mode. Pretty sure, at least. You'd get +50 or +100 extra pop ups in addition to the Destroyed +100 for cutting off their arms.

And I used them in that fight, but that's only one of the few. If you jump and just mash X you'll kind of float up to them sometimes, so that's how I've taken most of them out.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy the divekick yet?
If you say no -- did you not learn ANYTHING from your time in fighting games? :rofl:
It's probably not as good as the Sais, but you can jump, push your direction + triangle and basically get the DMC3 Ifrit divekick. I bought it immediately and the only aggravation it's been is when I was trying to kill the cameras in R01 for the trophy and I would get a divekick when I didn't want one.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That's truly hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Larry is such a douche.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did you buy the divekick yet?
If you say no -- did you not learn ANYTHING from your time in fighting games? :rofl:
It's probably not as good as the Sais, but you can jump, push your direction + triangle and basically get the DMC3 Ifrit divekick. I bought it immediately and the only aggravation it's been is when I was trying to kill the cameras in R01 for the trophy and I would get a divekick when I didn't want one.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure I have. I'd have to check, though. I gotta be honest, I don't usually do much aside from parrying and beating the everloving fuck out of everyone.

Also, you sold me when you compared it to Ifrit's Diverkick. That was one of my fucking favorite parts of DMC3. I'll deffs buy it if I haven't already! Any other advice?

Uraizen, have you used the Fox blade yet? I'm curious as to how awesome it is and I haven't got enough BP to buy it yet (I keep buying costumes and upgrades).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That's truly hilarious.[/QUOTE]

I think it says something that he didn't care for the PS4. He's a pretty big Sony fanboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm pretty sure I have. I'd have to check, though. I gotta be honest, I don't usually do much aside from parrying and beating the everloving fuck out of everyone.

Also, you sold me when you compared it to Ifrit's Diverkick. That was one of my fucking favorite parts of DMC3. I'll deffs buy it if I haven't already! Any other advice?

Uraizen, have you used the Fox blade yet? I'm curious as to how awesome it is and I haven't got enough BP to buy it yet (I keep buying costumes and upgrades).[/QUOTE]

It's a lot like that divekick -- or like Vergil's starfall?
I don't know how it works for bringing people down to the ground and continuing combos, but it's a good entry point early in the game before you can get the Sais. I wish I could find some video footage of it for you. I think if Raiden was in UMvC3 somehow, it would be just like Dante's killer bee animation. :)

Do you have Fox blade because you have Grey Fox DLC? Or is that something that unlocks later?
And don't feel bad, I've dropped 30000bp on costumes (Inferno, MGS4 Raiden) and I'm in the middle of chapter 2.
I should probably up my life or my FC energy, but I keep buying the weapons and new moves. :rofl:
I want the new moves for the polearm, but I don't have the 18000bp I need. :whee:

I just got Rising today so I can't watch that yet.

Alright, PS4 is a high end PC! If I can get a high end PC for $400, I think that's a steal, right?

Why is seeing the console so damn important?

You still can't buy the damn thing for nine months anyways. Here's a spoiler: It's going to be a black fuckin box.

[quote name='gunm']I just got Rising today so I can't watch that yet.

Alright, PS4 is a high end PC! If I can get a high end PC for $400, I think that's a steal, right?[/QUOTE]

More like a low to mid/low range gaming PC.

[quote name='Indignate']After some recollection and reanalyzing of Telltale's The Walking Dead, I do feel now that it was in fact not a good game.[/QUOTE]

It has a somewhat decent story with use able controls with a cheap price. If that shit was $60, nobody would have bought it.

[quote name='Indignate']Why is seeing the console so damn important?

You still can't buy the damn thing for nine months anyways. Here's a spoiler: It's going to be a black fuckin box.[/QUOTE]

I basically said the same thing to a co-worker.

[quote name='Indignate']After some recollection and reanalyzing of Telltale's The Walking Dead, I do feel now that it was in fact not a good game.[/QUOTE]
but bro,

it totally revolutionized and redefined what a game is.
the amount of choices and how they completely changed the course of the story...

oh wait.

I didn't really get walking dead that much
I'm not as emotional as other people,
so i think my enjoyment was limited/stunted

On phone, lazy responses

Joel - I'm playing it again already on Hard. I haven't bought the fox blade yet because of how expensive it is. That is my next goal in the game.

Frost - Jump and mash square; your sword has a surprisingly high reach.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']but bro,

the amount of choices and how they completely changed the course of the story...

oh wait.

so i think my enjoyment was limited/stunted[/QUOTE]

I can get emotional, I cared about Carley and Clementine (though the sole reason was because she was a kid and the crux of the game, she really did not get much development), I wanted to beat the fuck out of Lilly in that third chapter and I cried at the end. Maybe that's why I felt like I enjoyed it more than I actually did.

I always thought the choices didn't mean anything (and they don't). Shit, ME3 handled the series past choices better and people hate how that game handled the series past choices.

I don't know, I'll play the second season but...I don't know.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Next gen already won by MS, Sony is doomed, according to Destructoid:

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-stock-dives-after-ps4-reveal-update-2--246170.phtml[/QUOTE]

I don't get why seeing the console now is such a big issue. Sony wanted to talk about the future of the company and it did exactly that. I don't recall Sony stating that they would show the console or even talk about the console, even though it was obvious that it was about the PS4. That Larry Hryb tweet is pretty hilarious though. Can't wait for the Kinect 2 reveal!

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']but bro,

oh wait.

so i think my enjoyment was limited/stunted[/QUOTE]

I personally loved The Walking Dead. Despite the choices not really changing anything major in the story, I loved talking about the game with friends who have played it. For example,
I decided to keep Ben in the group while most of them kicked him out as soon as they could.
I mean, sure, it didn't change anything in the end, but the game played out a bit differently.

I cared about Clementine and did everything I could to make sure she was happy and was well protected. I feel the same way as Indignate, and feel like one of the only reasons I cared for her was because she was a child. I'd imagine that they didn't really develop her character as she more than likely will be appearing in Season 2, and with the ending of the first game, she might even play an even bigger role than in the first game. At least, I'm hoping she does.

I wasn't too impressed with The Walking Dead as a "game". It was more of an interactive story to me. But I've only played the first 3 episodes so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back