GGT 217 will work 3 jobs just to buy a PS4 and every launch title. It's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']And one more. I've got a ton of shit to play already, and thus I will not be touching a "next gen" console until 2+ years into their lifespan, preferably after a remodel and definitely after a price drop. Look at this gen, shit took forever to get going, and by the time it did, they both had price drops. No reason to jump into this shit head first.

I'll probably cop a new GPU instead. Get a 770 or something. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's my plan too. I'm probably just going to wait for around Black Friday and see what GPUs go on sale at newegg and grab one or two.

I already had to jump on the upgrade train. Though I think in the future, I'll just give my brother my 7950 and get a new one if the upgrade seems reasonable.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've had insomnia since I was a child. I only sleep about 3 hours a night. Most of my gaming is done while the family is asleep.[/QUOTE]

Christ, how do you function?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Might not matter to you, but it matters to me.
I have a digital backlog that's absolutely ridiculous in size and it was still growing, between buying things that are on sale and PS+.

I do not.

I end up selling my PS3 copy when I'm done with it and then I see the game on sale for $10 on Steam and buy it to support the developers. Coupled with my "plan" to build one that I never actualize, yeah, I own a lot of games on Steam. I just never get the motivation to drop like $800 on a gaming PC, coupled with the fact that it still seems weird to me to put a full PC in my entertainment center next to the DVR and the fact that I've never gotten a PS3 controller to work on a PC and I just haven't cared enough.

Look at my signature and the achievement ratio on the raptr graphic.
ach.png

Between Vita an PS3, I have almost 5000 trophies.
Between (very limited) PC and x360, I have over 3000 achievements.
I have less than 300 Steam achievements.

That should tell you I do not have a gaming PC. ;)
Most of my gaming is still done on consoles.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I would just go with the Xbox Controller. It's plug and play. Although I think MS discontinued the wireless dongle.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Fair enough. I would just go with the Xbox Controller. It's plug and play. Although I think MS discontinued the wireless dongle.[/QUOTE]

I have a wireless dongle, but I am not a big fan of the 360 controller the "bumpers" and "d-pad" are down right atrocities and the face buttons never quite clicked for me -- about the only things I do like are the triggers and the analog sticks... I'd much rather use a Dual Shock 3 -- my main gripe with Dual Shock 3 is r2/l2 but with real triggers, the problem is mostly fixed and I'm pretty happy with it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Christ, how do you function?
[/QUOTE]
Probably like I do. I've been an insomniac since I was pretty young too and it's not all that hard when you're used to doing it all of your life.

[quote name='GUNNM']Is not getting hit required to get an S in most cases as a final grade? I can only get B's, A's every time[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, but not sure. I've gotten a few S ranks.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I have a wireless dongle, but I am not a big fan of the 360 controller the "bumpers" and "d-pad" are down right atrocities and the face buttons never quite clicked for me -- about the only things I do like are the triggers and the analog sticks... I'd much rather use a Dual Shock 3 -- my main gripe with Dual Shock 3 is r2/l2 but with real triggers, the problem is mostly fixed and I'm pretty happy with it.[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same about the 2 controllers. The Dualshock 4's triggers look marginally better but you really can't tell until you hold it.

Wavebird FTW

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Probably like I do. I've been an insomniac since I was pretty young too and it's not all that hard when you're used to doing it all of your life.[/QUOTE]

I used to rock that kind of sleep schedule a lot in college, but my body can't really take it anymore. I typically get around 5-6 hours of sleep a night now. Basically go to bad around 1-2:30am and get up at 7:40am every weekday, weekends I tend to stay up extremely late and wake up kind of late, like sleeping from 4am to 10am.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh yeah, Joel, I unlocked the fox blade and upgraded it. That thing breaks the fucking game, it's more powerful than going into Ripper Mode. Anything it touches is sliced instantly.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah! I need THAT. Can I dooz Konami code for it?

[quote name='zewone']Your boy, me, tryin' to cop that PS Quadruple.[/QUOTE]

Shit, you have posted in the GGT in forever.

[quote name='Krymner']I feel exactly the same about the 2 controllers. The Dualshock 4's triggers look marginally better but you really can't tell until you hold it.

Wavebird FTW[/QUOTE]

Wavebird was such a great controller. So many games of smash.+

PS+ Question: Do I need to do anything with the monthly free games to "tag" them to my account?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueScrote']
PS+ Question: Do I need to do anything with the monthly free games to "tag" them to my account?[/QUOTE]
Make sure they show purchased or download.

'Tsup?
2vs2ixk.jpg

Don't you just love Earthbound?

[quote name='BlueScrote']PS+ Question: Do I need to do anything with the monthly free games to "tag" them to my account?[/QUOTE]

I was kind of wondering this too, it used to be you needed to "purchase" them and then they would be added to your downloads list and you could just go download them at any time, but for some reason now purchasing stuff on PSN makes it start downloading it right away so you have to cancel it which is a couple extra button presses and waiting for it to setup the download which you're going to cancel anyways, but I've been doing it assuming I still have to "purchase" the games to make sure I can download them anytime.

[quote name='icebeast']I was kind of wondering this too, it used to be you needed to "purchase" them and then they would be added to your downloads list and you could just go download them at any time, but for some reason now purchasing stuff on PSN makes it start downloading it right away so you have to cancel it which is a couple extra button presses and waiting for it to setup the download which you're going to cancel anyways, but I've been doing it assuming I still have to "purchase" the games to make sure I can download them anytime.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I asked. The change from cart-> download directly to download is a bit weird. I only have a lil 80gb hard drive so I gotta conserve space.

[quote name='distgfx']Considering I still play NGB to this day and want to play TTT2 and BBCP in the future, I'd say it's pretty important. Hell, it's important to anybody who plays fighters. So I guess if you count the FGC as niche, then sure. That's assuming they wouldn't fuck it up like the PS3, of course. There's only so many PS3s and 360s to go around and they will be discontinued eventually.[/QUOTE]

Do you even own those games digitally?

This sounds more like a problem of BC then digital purchases not transferring.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Christ, how do you function?[/QUOTE]
Very easily actually. If I get a full 3 hours sleep then I feel fully rested. I don't need any more than that to have a normal day. I can't even imagine sleeping more than that. I'd just feel like I was wasting my time...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Very easily actually. If I get a full 3 hours sleep then I feel fully rested. I don't need any more than that to have a normal day. I can't even imagine sleeping more than that. I'd just feel like I was wasting my time...[/QUOTE]
why do you have super powers
and I dont?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Ive always wondered about insomniacs

Do you just feel like shit all the time?
Or are you used to low amounts of sleep[/QUOTE]
Depends. After awhile your body adjusts to the amount of sleep you get to a certain degree. Anything from 3-4 hours of sleep and I feel completely fine. Anything less than that and I start to feel like shit. The problem comes in where I'll have some weeks where I just can't get any sleep for more than an hour or so a night. It's fucking brutal. I'm pretty much a walking corpse during those times. On top of that it takes me hours to fall asleep no matter what. So even if I'm sleeping well this week I'll need to go to bed a couple hours beforehand to try and fall asleep. Usually have to get up once or twice and then finally fall asleep for a few hours.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Depends. After awhile your body adjusts to the amount of sleep you get to a certain degree. Anything from 3-4 hours of sleep and I feel completely fine. Anything less than that and I start to feel like shit. The problem comes in where I'll have some weeks where I just can't get any sleep for more than an hour or so a night. It's fucking brutal. I'm pretty much a walking corpse during those times. On top of that it takes me hours to fall asleep no matter what. So even if I'm sleeping well this week I'll need to go to bed a couple hours beforehand to try and fall asleep. Usually have to get up once or twice and then finally fall asleep for a few hours.[/QUOTE]
hmm sounds more like a bad thing than good
would you rather live without it, or do you enjoy the extra time?

definitely need to cut down on sleep.
8 hours is way too much time

I worked with a guy who had insomnia
he had like 5 jobs
like tyler durden in fight club

[quote name='Krymner']Yeah, I noticed you don't have to "purchase" free stuff on PS store the other day. Not sure when that started.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BlueScrote']That's exactly why I asked. The change from cart-> download directly to download is a bit weird. I only have a lil 80gb hard drive so I gotta conserve space.[/QUOTE]

Uh... when plus updated this week, I had to go "purchase" Vanquish.
The end result is you should have the little red bag by the game when you look at it's page... if you somehow got that without going through checkout? That's news to me.
Though I think if you have that feature enabled that does the "I'll download things I think you will like" it may automatically go purchase them for you without you knowing about it.

[quote name='Indignate']Do you even own those games digitally?

This sounds more like a problem of BC then digital purchases not transferring.[/QUOTE]

I bet he does.
They're all available digitally -- and he likes to buy the games he plans on playing digitally so they're always on his HDD and he doesn't need to get up to switch discs (just like me).

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Very easily actually. If I get a full 3 hours sleep then I feel fully rested. I don't need any more than that to have a normal day. I can't even imagine sleeping more than that. I'd just feel like I was wasting my time...[/QUOTE]

Three hours is a good REM stage cycle for most people, and waking up right when you're coming out of one is the most ideal time to wake up and feel rested. I sleep in 3-hour shifts too, but I usually go back to sleep after waking up the first time and sleep for another three. All my years of working third shift trained my body that way.

My Game of Thrones season 2(Blu+DVD+digital) came with two digital codes. Was I supposed to get two?

So as you see, I chose that over Rising. Bad choice?

I'm exhausted. ;_; Of course I procrastinated and left some assignments and a paper for the last minute. Time to go 'turbo mode' to finish this crap by midnight.

OT: I used to be able to function with just 4-5 hours asleep till about two months ago. I somehow managed to screw up my sleep schedule and man, it totally sucks. I like having as many hours of the day as I possibly can. It got to the point where it was impossible to fall asleep before 3 AM. I blame school and [insert random other excuse here].

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Uh... when plus updated this week, I had to go "purchase" Vanquish. [/QUOTE]

Funny, because I did not have to go thru the whole checkout process yesterday when I downloaded it. It started the dl straightaways. I downloaded a couple other free things too.

EDIT: Confirmed. You do not have to purchase freebies. At least I don't.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I bet he does.
They're all available digitally -- and he likes to buy the games he plans on playing digitally so they're always on his HDD and he doesn't need to get up to switch discs (just like me).[/QUOTE]

I was only asking cuz TTT2 wasn't released on PSN until some time after the physical release and I don't even think NGB is on the store.

i have a friend at work sleeps 4-5 hours day say he fine he feel sleep waste time an he likes too travel hang out at night

for me i enjoy 8 hours of sleep, as i remember dreaming an enjoy the random things i see. it also nice wakening up knowing you still have few hours before work an can sleep more, versus closing your eyes an opening them an now it time for work :bomb:

[quote name='Krymner']My Game of Thrones season 2(Blu+DVD+digital) came with two digital codes. Was I supposed to get two? [/QUOTE]

No, but I'm not surprised that you got two considering they really boned that whole thing up with some people not getting one and in some cases getting the slip but with no code on it.

All in all, I'm not even happy with the set in general. The actual case that holds the blus slants to the left when closed which doesn't let the slip cover fit over it unless I push it in.

Shit's weird. Show is fuckin great though.

Beat MGR on hard then went and beat the pologue and stage 1 on very hard. The prologue on very hard makes you fight four grunts, a gekko, and two bladewolfs immediately. After that, Ray figures out how to shoot lasers in succession and take off 50% of your life in a single hit. This game is so fucking good.

[quote name='Indignate']No, but I'm not surprised that you got two considering they really boned that whole thing up with some people not getting one and in some cases getting the slip but with no code on it.

All in all, I'm not even happy with the set in general. The actual case that holds the blus slants to the left when closed which doesn't let the slip cover fit over it unless I push it in.

Shit's weird. Show is fuckin great though.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The dual-sided DVD's are a fail too. My case that holds them slants way far right where you can't even see the title on the spine.

But you're right. Show's awesome. Rewatching season 1 now and haven't seen a bit of 2 yet. Hype.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']hmm sounds more like a bad thing than good
would you rather live without it, or do you enjoy the extra time?[/QUOTE]
I enjoy the extra time most of the time. It's the way I've always been, so it's just what I'm used to.

[quote name='Krymner']Funny, because I did not have to go thru the whole checkout process yesterday when I downloaded it. It started the dl straightaways. I downloaded a couple other free things too.

EDIT: Confirmed. You do not have to purchase freebies. At least I don't.[/QUOTE]

I'm telling you, not for me.
Do you have that "download stuff for me" option enabled? I do not.
I believe Hank had to "purchase" Vanquish too, because he would've probably thought it was odd if the behaviour for the game downloading had changed (we both got it around 10pm on Tuesday).

[quote name='Indignate']I was only asking cuz TTT2 wasn't released on PSN until some time after the physical release and I don't even think NGB is on the store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he was considering buying TTT2 when it went digital and dumping his physical disc; as far as NGB, he could own that digitally on his Xbox, in which this issue isn't currently applicable until the next xbox and it's features are announced... but provided it's a similar model and he owns NGB through Games on Demand, then it's the same issue.

[quote name='Krymner']Where do I check for that setting, Frosty?[/QUOTE]

System Settings > Automatic Update > On > pick a time > now you're on the automatic checkbox list:

[] Download game patches
[] Download the latest system software
[] Download recommended games and videos (assuming this is checked for you)
[] Upload saved data to online storage
[] Sync trophy information with the server

I turned that off because I didn't want it downloading demos for me... I'm thinking maybe if it's on then it sees the free PS+ content and downloads it for you, making the "purchase" in the process.

Yeah I finally found that Frost, but I think I only turned that on once way back so I didn't even realize there were additional options with it, that's some fairly shitty UI design, haha. But after changing the "Download recommended games and videos" flag I still only have the option to download the free games on PSN.

Oh hey, my sig disappeared again. That's like what? The sixth one?

Still not sure if it's mods or something else, at least, I'm pretending I'm not sure.

[quote name='icebeast']Yeah I finally found that Frost, but I think I only turned that on once way back so I didn't even realize there were additional options with it, that's some fairly shitty UI design, haha. But after changing the "Download recommended games and videos" flag I still only have the option to download the free games on PSN.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to what?
Are these games you haven't "purchased" yet?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']System Settings > Automatic Update > On > pick a time > now you're on the automatic checkbox list:

[] Download game patches
[] Download the latest system software
[] Download recommended games and videos (assuming this is checked for you)
[] Upload saved data to online storage
[] Sync trophy information with the server

I turned that off because I didn't want it downloading demos for me... I'm thinking maybe if it's on then it sees the free PS+ content and downloads it for you, making the "purchase" in the process.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude. I don't remember checking that box, but it was. I unchecked it.

But it didn't change anything for me on the PS store. I hadn't downloaded, purchased, or even clicked on Closure until just now.

From PS+ Free games menu, I clicked on Closure. The game page came up. Then, I clicked on the default tab "Download". Disclaimer popped up about PS+ blah. Hit "Download". Begin download. No purchase. No checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back