GGT 217 will work 3 jobs just to buy a PS4 and every launch title. It's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Monsoon took me untold amounts of tries to beat. I could do it easily now, but I think my "battle" time for the fight when I cleared it was over 45 minutes.
I could knock him down to 70% health no problem, but then occasionally I would somehow "miss" the zandatsu of a vehicle he threw, that takes off ridiculous amounts of health on hard. I threw I don't know how many EM grenades at him and never had it hit clean for the longest time so I didn't realize that was how you needed to make it so you could hit him once he started the magic pieces bullshit. I finally start getting it down and on a good run would get him to 40% or so; then he pulled that Lorentz force crap; I swear that shit took 50%+ health when it hit me... combined with the random "i can't see stuff off camera, but hey, it hit me for 5% after it crashed" bs, that took forever.
Mistral wasn't bad. My health was low, but I managed to beat her on the first try. Monsoon took me over 10 tries, I think, possibly more.

fucking prick.[/QUOTE]

You missed cutting the shit he would throw at you? You know you can use the left stick to reposition his blade, right?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Oh yeah, I got a little package in the mail today. . . I laughed. :D Thanks, Indig$$$$a!![/QUOTE]
Oh man, can't wait to get my package!

[quote name='distgfx']You missed cutting the shit he would throw at you? You know you can use the left stick to reposition his blade, right?[/QUOTE]
That's something that also surprised me. I had no real problem cutting anything until the Sundowner boss battle. I had a problem cutting off his little shield arms.

Edit: Also, you guys still play All-Stars, right? I'm planning on buying it sometime this week and want to make sure I have someone to play with.

GBfJeII.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That's something that also surprised me. I had no real problem cutting anything until the Sundowner boss battle. I had a problem cutting off his little shield arms.

Edit: Also, you guys still play All-Stars, right? I'm planning on buying it sometime this week and want to make sure I have someone to play with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that boss battle made me wish I could press a shoulder button to cut when aligned. Would be much easier than flicking the stick or letting go of it and pressing a button. The PS3's sticks are so damned sensitive and end up moving just enough when I let go of it to fuck up my cut.

We played it recently and still need a fourth.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Looks like Dekalb
maybe more burlington style[/QUOTE]
So true. It's like an unwritten rule of college apartments and dorms; have the cheapest, oldest, and/or shittiest TVs, but have massive speakers next to them.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
GBfJeII.jpg
[/QUOTE]
The ceiling kinda ruins it.

EDIT: Also, are those black poplar logs stacked on the side? What kinda crazy motherfucker uses black spruce for firewood?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Somebody hardcore enough to play Demon's Souls on a TV that's older than most of the GGT.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you.

I also really enjoyed the fact that Crotch knew what kind of tree the wood came from :D

NG2 and Bayonetta aren't on sale on XBL, fack.

So ... is this basically a last ditch effort to sell digital games before they announce they won't work on the 720?

I have no idea how beating the final boss on hard without being damaged is even possible.

Nvm I just saw a video...

OH BF:BC2, you were ever so much fun.

I think it is odd that I enjoyed BF:BC2 Vietnam DLC more so than I have with BF3...

PSN+ for EU

6th March: Mass Effect 3
6th March: Dead or Alive 5
6th March: Joe Danger 2
13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
20th March: Puddle

[quote name='Indignate']PSN+ for EU

6th March: Mass Effect 3
6th March: Dead or Alive 5
6th March: Joe Danger 2
13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
20th March: Puddle[/QUOTE]

I only want two of those. Already have MGS HD.

Can't wait to see the trash SCEA hits us with.

[quote name='j-cart']I also really enjoyed the fact that Crotch knew what kind of tree the wood came from :D[/QUOTE]
Nah, I'm not sure it's black poplar, just that it looks like it. And it's not even like burning that stuff is bad, it's just bad if that's the only wood you're using.

[quote name='distgfx']NG2 and Bayonetta aren't on sale on XBL, fack.

So ... is this basically a last ditch effort to sell digital games before they announce they won't work on the 720?[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm thinking. Why else would they have such a massive sale where a majority is supposed to be 75% off and some games are supposed to be 85% off? Smells hella fishy. Then again, maybe they'll put up the sale and announce they all transfer over and get the best fucking bump of press ever. Shit would kill Sony.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I only want two of those. Already have MGS HD.

Can't wait to see the trash SCEA hits us with.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I really hope we get DoA5.

[quote name='GUNNM']Its not like they're gonna put the better of the games on a 85% sale.
I would buy halo wars >$10.[/QUOTE]

When looking through the list, that was the only thing that piqued my interest. Will probably still be like $20.

The sound design in BF3 is amazing. The battlelog concept is pretty cool too.

[quote name='GUNNM']Its not like they're gonna put the better of the games on a 85% sale.
I would buy halo wars >$10.[/QUOTE]
Still, 85% off is 85% off. With the list out there right now I can't honestly say I wouldn't purchase any of them if they were $5. Hell, I'll probably end up dropping around $50 when the sale goes up.

[quote name='GUNNM']sweet. I hope he shows ocelot being ripped out of his mum in a cutscene
http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/22/kojima-may-make-more-metal-gear-spin-offs-possibly-with-the-boss/[/QUOTE]
I WANT.

Getting the no damage achievements aren't that bad. I just did mistral you can restart if you get hit on checkpoints

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You guys are going to kill me, but I like DmC better than Rising...[/QUOTE]

I agree. All Rising has going for it is (a non constant) 60fps. DmC has everything else.

[quote name='GUNNM']Rising isn't my favorite action game either. I like NG 2 and bayonetta over rising.
you like what you like[/QUOTE]
Bayonetta is still the best of course.

Still haven't beat Rising, but damn, it's one of the most blissfully fun games this gen.

I thought the DmC demo was alright. I'll probably get it when it's super cheap, but based on the demo, I'm confident that MGR is my pick out of the two. That and Bayonetta are easily my top 2 action games this gen, not that there's much competition.

[quote name='ihadFG']Still haven't beat Rising, but damn, it's one of the most blissfully fun games this gen.

I thought the DmC demo was alright. I'll probably get it when it's super cheap, but based on the demo, I'm confident that MGR is my pick out of the two. That and Bayonetta are easily my top 2 action games this gen, not that there's much competition.[/QUOTE]

Damned shame, ain't it?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You guys are going to kill me, but I like DmC better than Rising...[/QUOTE]

I haven't played either, and actually don't really have any inclination to (at least not any time soon). If I was going play an action game I'd try and finish Asura's Wrath which I restarted recently (the story is really grating on me so far though), or go back to Bayonetta which I never beat.

I'm really stoked for Etrian Odyssey IV next week though.

[quote name='Indignate']I don't think Asura's Wrath is an action game.[/QUOTE]

Well actually from what I've seen so far, maybe a couple hours, I'd agree with you, the game has basically been play in one tight area beat some stuff or do a tutorial, then watch a cut scene that seems like it wants to be taken seriously but is so totally ridiculous it fails at doing so. I seriously can't stand Asura so far either, he's got the intelligence of Goku from Dragon Ball but acts like he's permanently on steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back