GGT 226 wants a slice of Leda's roast beef, smothered in her au jus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were the days that worked for you before? Monday and Thursday? If so, try for Thursday?[quote name='whoknows']Also since you seem to be the kind of person that wonders these kinds of things Crotch, old StarCraft II sucks but new StarCraft II is great.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, sensei.

[quote name='The Crotch']What were the days that worked for you before? Monday and Thursday? If so, try for Thursday?
Thank you, sensei.[/QUOTE]

HEY GUYS I CAN PLAY (probably) THURSDAY!
Assuming I'm not hanging out with my friend and his sister... or just my friend's sister...
But I can almost always play on Thursdays. I think Josh couldn't. Monday and Thursdays are the days that work for me. But next week is spring break so we should try to play something next week.

[quote name='linkpwns']To clarify, the professor prohibited us.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was clear, Mikey. :cool:
That's the fun part with programming classes... stupid rules and stipulations.

I guess since Josh has seen the entirety of the show, we should consider running the final expansion? It's pretty modular, with a lot of parts you can just flat-out ignore if you don't want them. At the very least, I think we should try the Cylon Swarm part. Make Cylon players feel a bit more dangerous and pilots a bit less useless.

[quote name='The Crotch']What were the days that worked for you before? Monday and Thursday? If so, try for Thursday?
Thank you, sensei.[/QUOTE]

Well normally Thursdays don't work at all for me, but I'm on spring break this week, so I could potentially play this Thursday if no other day worked. Mondays are the best day for me though, and I'd prefer to play Monday if possible. Also it would have to be somewhat earlier (starting around 8pm EST would be preferable) because I'm not used to staying up super late and I have class and work Tuesdays.

[quote name='The Crotch']I guess since Josh has seen the entirety of the show, we should consider running the final expansion? It's pretty modular, with a lot of parts you can just flat-out ignore if you don't want them. At the very least, I think we should try the Cylon Swarm part. Make Cylon players feel a bit more dangerous and pilots a bit less useless.[/QUOTE]

You're probably confusing me and Josh. Josh hasn't seen any of the show, to the best of my knowledge (though I've recommended it to him).
I've seen the first two (or three?) seasons.
I don't know anything about
New Caprica
if that helps you place where I am...

I have succeeded where you have failed.

And Monday's cool by me, but I would like to get a game in this week. We'll see if Thursday (preferable not at 10:00 fucking PM or some shit) is alright by the others, I guess?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think I would have thought the game was trash if I had played on normal first.

Uraizen said he didn't die once until the last boss, I think, when he did his initial playthrough on normal.[/QUOTE]

Ehh, I liked it, not sure why you would think that.

I barely died, I died a few times on the first stage where you are running down the tower and can get hit by the debris or whatever, and a bunch on the final boss. I don't remember dying anywhere else... Oh I think maybe I died once on Monsoon.

[quote name='GUNNM']I miss the days of gamefly sending you the game the next day. Now I have to wait till wednesday to play gears. #firstworldproblems[/QUOTE]

Same here. I should be on tomorrow night though if you wanna play.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']WHAT?!
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/rumor-new-strider-coming-to-xbla-pc-double-helix-involved/

Pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood....[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='GUNNM']DmC 2 trish is a hooker who dante saves and then she betrays him but in the end they fall in love[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Nero is a drug addicted youth that Dante takes in and tries to help. His arm glows because of the demon heroin he's been shooting up since he was 12.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm just the GGT dissenter, but I think these could actually be pretty cool angles if they are trying to ground in a pseudo-reality.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Maybe Dishonored would be close, but I haven't tried that yet. That's got a lot of variety in powers/weapons/how to accomplish goals and is an FPS engine, I think?[/QUOTE]

Dishonored isn't an FPS. You only use your gun in owe shit moments and it almost never works out favorably. It's most definitely a first-person stealth game.

[quote name='ihadFG']Hyped for Infinite. Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen. Surprised almost no one here likes it. That is uncommon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihadFG']As someone who does love the original Bioshock, I think it's perfectly fine for you to have that opinion. I like the gameplay, but I realize not everyone has to enjoy it. It's just funny to me that for a game that is pretty well regarded everywhere else, the GGT of course has the opposite opinion. I don't think any hyped game lives up to that hype for the GGT.[/QUOTE]

I love Bioshock 1, like really love it, as well as 2. 2 is one of the few game I've double-dipped on (360 and PC). Can't wait for Infinite.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And I pushed Binary Domain on a lot of people because that game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up but haven't really gotten around to it. This better not be another fucking Final Fight Streetwise *shakes fist*

[quote name='ihadFG']Not saying that the GGT should like all the hyped games or anything. I agree that the differing opinions keep things interesting. Just saying that the trends here tend to be the opposite of the general opinion when it comes to the kind of games that receive a lot of love elsewhere. There's of course exceptions once in a while (and Tomb Raider could very well be one of them once the rest of us get around to playing it), but I've come to expect the opposite opinion here towards things like Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

I tend to have the general opinion (for example, I buy every Call of Duty, get hyped for releases like Gears of War, Halo and Bioshock, play the occasional sports game, have never played a Persona game etc....) and agree with you, but it is part of what makes me enjoy posting here :cool:.

Josh, you've seen battlestar galactica but never even watched Children of Earth or Miracle Day? WHAT THE fuck JOSH

Also Josh, my nipples are fully erect for Infinite. Preordering it when I get payed on Thursday on steams. So I can play it at midnight.

Thursday MIGHT be okay for me. Can't make any promises. I have a friend who's only home for Spring Break that I'm supposed to hang out with sometime this week. Not sure if that's happening Thursday or Friday tho.

[quote name='whoknows']Minerva's Den alone is better than all of Bioshock 1.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I said something similar at one point. I still do think Minerva's Den is the best when taken as a whole. The main thing holding Bioshock 1 back was the final boss and a little bit of the section leading up to it.

[quote name='linkpwns']You're probably confusing me and Josh. Josh hasn't seen any of the show, to the best of my knowledge (though I've recommended it to him).
I've seen the first two (or three?) seasons.
I don't know anything about
New Caprica
if that helps you place where I am...[/QUOTE]

I've seen the entirety of BSG. And based on that spoiler, I don't think you've finished the second season.

[quote name='The Crotch']
And Monday's cool by me, but I would like to get a game in this week. We'll see if Thursday (preferable not at 10:00 fucking PM or some shit) is alright by the others, I guess?[/QUOTE]

OK, well if we can get enough people, I'll be there Thursday. And it pretty much has to be around 8 or 9 at the latest if I'm gonna play.

[quote name='ihadFG']
I've seen the entirety of BSG. And based on that spoiler, I don't think you've finished the second season.
[/QUOTE]

WHEN JOSH. WHEN.
i hate you josh i hate you

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD
*slams door

We've probably actually talked about it haven't we...
I was discouraged from watching anymore BriBri told me the ending was bad.

Then again, he STILL watches current Doctor Who so fuck HIM.

Don't worry, Josh. If your job falls through, I can pull through a job for you at my 711.
There's always room for
indians
and blacks
and hispanics
and whites
at a 711
since you are all of those things

[quote name='linkpwns']WHEN JOSH. WHEN.
i hate you josh i hate you

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD
*slams door

We've probably actually talked about it haven't we...
I was discouraged from watching anymore BriBri told me the ending was bad.

Then again, he STILL watches current Doctor Who so fuck HIM.[/QUOTE]

Watched it a few months ago.

And I didn't think the ending was bad. Kinda predictable, but not bad really. You might not like it though. Dunno. 'Cause I'm a berk.

[quote name='linkpwns']Don't worry, Josh. If your job falls through, I can pull through a job for you at my 711.
There's always room for
indians
and blacks
and hispanics
and whites
at a 711
since you are all of those things
.[/QUOTE]

That's how to make the real moolah!

Assuming the job you speak of is selling drugs behind your 7-11.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Ehh, I liked it, not sure why you would think that.

I barely died, I died a few times on the first stage where you are running down the tower and can get hit by the debris or whatever, and a bunch on the final boss. I don't remember dying anywhere else... Oh I think maybe I died once on Monsoon.

Dishonored isn't an FPS. You only use your gun in owe shit moments and it almost never works out favorably. It's most definitely a first-person stealth game.
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying you wouldn't like it, per se. I was saying that I can't imagine normal being fun for a first playthrough, just from my point of view. Then again, I like really fucking hard games, as long as they're fair about it.
When I feel like I could do just about anything and not die? Yeah, the game stops being fun for me. That's all.

As for Dishonored, I was comparing it to Bioshock just for having the First Person camera with the wild abilities as well as a variety of ways to approach situations. Besides, Bioshock isn't really a FPS either. Sure you get guns and have a first person perspective... but it's not call of duty where it's push foward while killing enemies, pick up new weapons and keep going... It's not really in the same genre as Killzone or Halo or CoD.

[quote name='linkpwns']Guys why doesn't durraizen post here anymore? Is it cuz i left?[/QUOTE]

What if he left cause you came back? :shock:

[quote name='Luxuria']It has a lot of potential. Will it be good? Most likely it will be. Will it be great? We'll have to see.

Even if it ends up being decent, it has that 1999 mode so it'll at least be fun. I love a challenge. ^_^ #KenLevine2013

Anyway, the new JT album is pretty good.

Edit: Oh right, the new Gears game was released today. Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Agree on everything.

[quote name='Luxuria']Ken wants us to care for her. Who wants her alive? What is her purpose? Who is Elizabeth?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully she's not another Clementine.

[quote name='linkpwns']Guys why doesn't durraizen post here anymore? Is it cuz i left?[/QUOTE]

It's cuz I ruined the GGT with stupid shit.

Yes.

[quote name='Indignate']It's cuz others ruined the GGT with stupid shit.[/QUOTE]

And this.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I wasn't saying you wouldn't like it, per se. I was saying that I can't imagine normal being fun for a first playthrough, just from my point of view. Then again, I like really fucking hard games, as long as they're fair about it.
When I feel like I could do just about anything and not die? Yeah, the game stops being fun for me. That's all.

As for Dishonored, I was comparing it to Bioshock just for having the First Person camera with the wild abilities as well as a variety of ways to approach situations. Besides, Bioshock isn't really a FPS either. Sure you get guns and have a first person perspective... but it's not call of duty where it's push foward while killing enemies, pick up new weapons and keep going... It's not really in the same genre as Killzone or Halo or CoD.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, yeah to be honest I would have played it on hard if I had known prior to launching it that I could put in the code to unlock the difficulty. Like you, I enjoy hard games as long as they are fair about it.

And for Dishonored, wasn't trying to say you were wrong or anything, just trying to set your expectations for it when you finally get around to playing it. Great game, btw.

[quote name='Indignate']Stop trying to make me feel better.

Enablers.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_inline_mg183xF88w1rt2432.gif

[quote name='Indignate'] It's cuz I ruined the GGT with stupid shit.[/QUOTE]

Leda isn't stupid, gosh.

[quote name='Indignate']I learned today at school that people think United States is a continent.

Community College is RAD.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a State.

[quote name='ihadFG']That's how to make the real moolah!

Assuming the job you speak of is selling drugs behind your 7-11.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
tumblr_inline_mg183xF88w1rt2432.gif
[/QUOTE]

I approve.

[quote name='Indignate']Shut Up, Hank.

Jimbo, I'll be down for some Marvel after I get something to eat. How long you gonna be around?[/QUOTE]

All night baby.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']All night baby.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll hit you up when I'm done. Might be able to get other people to get on too.

[quote name='Indignate']
It's cuz I ruined the GGT with stupid shit.[/QUOTE]
It's because of taco, actually. :cry:

Also, sorry for missing your message, Uraizen! I was away from my computer for a while. I'd definitely be down for some Sony Smash or DarkStalkers tomorrow night, though!

[quote name='The Crotch']Indignate, we need you to reprise your Academy Award Nominated performance as Gambit on Thursday.[/QUOTE]
I want to play too!

[quote name='Indignate']Mikey!

You like Defeater right?

Have you listened to the Alcoa album? So good.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have one of 50 handpressed Alcoa demos. Got it when I saw Defeater on tour with bane. Only has three tracks, one of which is the original version of the end of Prophet in Plain Clothes, and the other two are Sleepless Nights tracks with different lyrics. Pretty rad, actually. My sister's got that chillin' in her room.
Haven't heard the full length tho.
It's a lot like Bright Eyes, I figure.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hey, any of you codermasters awake and wanna help me with an algorithm real quick?[/QUOTE]

If you still need help, I'll bounce on skype. I'm cranky and tired, but will try to help.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Gotcha, yeah to be honest I would have played it on hard if I had known prior to launching it that I could put in the code to unlock the difficulty. Like you, I enjoy hard games as long as they are fair about it.

And for Dishonored, wasn't trying to say you were wrong or anything, just trying to set your expectations for it when you finally get around to playing it. Great game, btw.[/QUOTE]

Dishonored is on my list to play someday, will probably cop it cheap on Steam and play it on PC once I get this new beast built.
And I don't think hard was locked at the start, FYI. Just Very Hard and Revengeance... both of which I would not suggest without New Game+ unless your name is Uraizen. He's probably crazy, and good, enough to do Revengeance mode with 0 upgrades. ;)

[quote name='linkpwns']Actually, I have one of 50 handpressed Alcoa demos. Got it when I saw Defeater on tour with bane. Only has three tracks, one of which is the original version of the end of Prophet in Plain Clothes, and the other two are Sleepless Nights tracks with different lyrics. Pretty rad, actually. My sister's got that chillin' in her room.
Haven't heard the full length tho.
It's a lot like Bright Eyes, I figure.[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome. Which two tracks from Sleepless Nights?

Yeah, there's definitely a Bright Eyes feel to it. Digging it a whole lot though in a way that I never dug Bright Eyes.

Also just opened up Material Me. I don't know if how you felt about Tides of Man or Tilian's solo stuff that he's put out so far, but I'm excited to finally give it a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back