GGT 226 wants a slice of Leda's roast beef, smothered in her au jus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']UMvC3 on Xbox 360, you in?[/QUOTE]

dont have it. people still play dat? i have darkstalkers on ps3 also joely :) i'll play u in that bro.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']dont have it. people still play dat? i have darkstalkers on ps3 also joely :) i'll play u in that bro.[/QUOTE]

Yes. They do.
And I believe Hank, Joel, and I, in the very least, shall be playing more once Hank's copy comes in.

---

MIKEEYYYYYYYY... you need help or not? I'm going to bed in a minute but don't want to leave you hanging.

[quote name='Indignate']That sounds awesome. Which two tracks from Sleepless Nights?

Yeah, there's definitely a Bright Eyes feel to it. Digging it a whole lot though in a way that I never dug Bright Eyes.

Also just opened up Material Me. I don't know if how you felt about Tides of Man or Tilian's solo stuff that he's put out so far, but I'm excited to finally give it a listen.[/QUOTE]

Don't remember which ones exactly. I'd have to listen to the CD again to figure it out. It was kinda funny, I remember driving home from the show, listening to the CD thinking, "Hmmmm... this sounds familiar..."

I love Tilian. Superstoked for what he does with DGD. Buuuuuuttt, Material Me was a little too poppy and sweet for me. From what I heard anyway. There's one track that literally sounds like a Pink song.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you still need help, I'll bounce on skype. I'm cranky and tired, but will try to help.
[/QUOTE]

Naaaaah, you go beddy-bye. I'm widdling away at it. It's not even a problem with the code, and more with just my algorithm. I think I can figure it out.
I just don't have enough practice with nested loops to do this without an hour of trial and error or so. But then again, I'll never learn unless I try!

[quote name='snakemaster2389']dont have it. people still play dat? i have darkstalkers on ps3 also joely :) i'll play u in that bro.[/QUOTE]
Sweeet! We shall have to play sometime!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes. They do.
And I believe Hank, Joel, and I, in the very least, shall be playing more once Hank's copy comes in.[/QUOTE]
YEP! Can't wait to get some Mahvel time in. Can't wait until I get all them $10s from Sony back for spending so much money this month either. I'll be spending some of it on the huge costume pack for it.

Man, just finished Isaac's arcade in Sony Smash and it was so hilarious. Easily the best to pretend is canon to the series.

OMG JT is releasing a second part to 20/20 this year! Start that Hype Train back up!

And I almost totally forgot that Lydia's new album released today. Getting at that right now!

[quote name='linkpwns']Don't remember which ones exactly. I'd have to listen to the CD again to figure it out. It was kinda funny, I remember driving home from the show, listening to the CD thinking, "Hmmmm... this sounds familiar..."

I love Tilian. Superstoked for what he does with DGD. Buuuuuuttt, Material Me was a little too poppy and sweet for me. From what I heard anyway. There's one track that literally sounds like a Pink song.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from the teaser it definitely sounded more bubblegum pop than I would like, but that dude's voice is killer. Kind of makes me worried about new DGD, he sounds way too high for them, but they're one of my favorite bands so we'll see.

And I actually dig Pink. One of those few artist on the radio that I can actually stand and she seems like an awesome person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z4f2_Vznx4

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Nasty Nate, gonna have to call it a night - you takin' too long! Perhaps tomorrow night...[/QUOTE]

My bad, Jimbo. Had to make food and do some cleaning so it took it way more time than I expected. Maybe tomorrow then!

[quote name='ihadFG']Not saying that the GGT should like all the hyped games or anything. I agree that the differing opinions keep things interesting. Just saying that the trends here tend to be the opposite of the general opinion when it comes to the kind of games that receive a lot of love elsewhere. There's of course exceptions once in a while (and Tomb Raider could very well be one of them once the rest of us get around to playing it), but I've come to expect the opposite opinion here towards things like Bioshock.[/QUOTE]
I don't know. For the most part, my likes are pretty normal. The only stuff I really dislike are pretentious, indie games and first person shooters. Though even my FPS hate has exceptions. I love the Bioshock games for example. I do have a few weird opinions. I thought Rising was ok at best and loved DmC. Musou games are probably my favorite genre. I'ved owned every Dynasty Warriors game and spinoff since DW1 (which was a fighting game oddly enough).

Loved Tomb Raider btw.

Also if anyone wants to play Gears feel free to add/invite me. Overrun is actually pretty fun. Still angry horde mode is gone though. That's where I spent the vast majority of my time in Gears 3.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I don't know. For the most part, my likes are pretty normal. The only stuff I really dislike are pretentious, indie games and first person shooters. Though even my FPS hate has exceptions. I love the Bioshock games for example. I do have a few weird opinions. I thought Rising was ok at best and loved DmC. Musou games are probably my favorite genre. I'ved owned every Dynasty Warriors game and spinoff since DW1 (which was a fighting game oddly enough).
[/QUOTE]
I don't know what a musou is but I love the DW gundam games. 00 raiser is my $$$$a

[quote name='GUNNM']I don't know what a musou is but I love the DW gundam games. 00 raiser is my $$$$a[/QUOTE]
Musou games are games in that genre. Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Sengoku Basara, etc.

I refuse to use non-UC suits. I'm just elitist like that.

I got really sick early this morning and had some of the fuckin' craziest fever dreams ever. God, I don't think I've ever seen such a mishmash of crazy shit in one place ever before.

[quote name='Indignate'] Oh nvm. Trace Cyrus isn't in that band anymore.

False Alarm Folks.[/QUOTE]

Trace was one of the best parts of that band. Nobody cares about Mitchel Musso's lame brother. ._.

It honestly sucks that they were only able to make one album.

[quote name='GUNNM']Nah but its getting good surprisingly.[/QUOTE]

Naruto > Bleach.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I got really sick early this morning and had some of the fuckin' craziest fever dreams ever. God, I don't think I've ever seen such a mishmash of crazy shit in one place ever before.[/QUOTE]

Jd018H1.jpg

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I really fucking hate games with unskippable logos before the title screen.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. ._.

[quote name='Luxuria']

Naruto > Bleach.

[/QUOTE]
One piece >

Crazy fucking gif jesus
[quote name='Luxuria']The Pikachu 3DS XL looks so kawaii. @_@[/QUOTE]

Nah it doesn't

I didn't get far in the One Piece manga. Maybe it's better, I dunno. The anime for that ended, right?

Leave Pikachu's nipples aloneeeeee. It's not his fault. ._.

Man, they should have totally made a Bulbasaur 3DS. You know... the BEST starter? Yeah.

Ugh guys

I'm like 15 minutes from having this problem done and I can't figure out one tiny detail

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='linkpwns']Ugh guys

I'm like 15 minutes from having this problem done and I can't figure out one tiny detail[/QUOTE]

as a teacher currently sitting on his lunch break, i highly advise you to cheat

Guys, I beat Metro 2033 last night. What the fuck is up with that whole last part of the game? That game decided to take a massive non-solid shit for the last quarter of the game.

When in doubt, let me kill more nazis.

/edit: so there are two endings... either way the last few parts of the game were pretty meh.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I bought Metro like, 4 years ago for $5, and I've barely played it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought the game like right when I built my PC to see if I could run it and my 470 could barely do it on dx 11. Now with my new card I wanted to see what it was like and felt like I should just finish the game.

Gunplay is pretty damn good against humans, but the monsters are just so out of place in this game. They have no reaction to your guns because most of the time they are set pieces of the environment, ie. scripted events.

[quote name='linkpwns']I wonder how well I'll be able to run Bioshock on my 570

Or tomb raider for that matter[/QUOTE]

Should be fine. Tomb Raider you won't be able to max out. Infinite looks like Unreal 3, so it shouldn't be an issue. Arkham City takes both DX11 and high PhysX to really drop for me. Unreal 3 games get murdered by any current hardware.

Mikey, if you ever need help, just even a hint or whatever, I'm always willing to help a fellow coder try to figure something out.

Even if you just want a sounding wall or feedback...

The only question is what's the best way to hit me up... PM me, I guess?

[quote name='j-cart']570 is still a pretty decent gfx card. Maybe not 60fps @ ultra, but 60 fps at medium.

/edit: AC: Assault Horizons is $10! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4Y7OP0?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

You can get a pack with that, Ridge Racer Unbounded, and MUD, which is like $5 per game, if you don't have any of them.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Should be fine. Tomb Raider you won't be able to max out. Infinite looks like Unreal 3, so it shouldn't be an issue. Arkham City takes both DX11 and high PhysX to really drop for me. Unreal 3 games get murdered by any current hardware.[/QUOTE]

Them PC Batman games are just bad at optimization. I still can't get it to sit at my wanted 60fps, but games like Crysis 3 sit perfectly at 60fps on high.

Don't tell me to buy more games corrosive! I don't need more useless games!

[quote name='j-cart']Them PC Batman games are just bad at optimization. I still can't get it to sit at my wanted 60fps, but games like Crysis 3 sit perfectly at 60fps on high.

Don't tell me to buy more games corrosive! I don't need more useless games![/QUOTE]

lol wut. Batman games fly for me. Dunno what your issue is. . .Oh wait, you still have that ancient Phenom II? That'll do it. Though Arkham Asylum was 60+ on my 940 with my 275, medium PhysX. I had to use my 8800GT as a dedicated PhysX card to run it on high. 480, I can do both no problem, one card.

hmmmm.... I got physX off because I dont have a Nvidia card no more.

You can say that my 975 BE is the problem, but BF3, Crysis 3 and many others all run extremely well on my rig right now.

I also watched BSG: Blood and Chrome last night, still don't know what my opinion is of it.

[quote name='j-cart']hmmmm.... I got physX off because I dont have a Nvidia card no more.

You can say that my 975 BE is the problem, but BF3, Crysis 3 and many others all run extremely well on my rig right now.

I also watched BSG: Blood and Chrome last night, still don't know what my opinion is of it.[/QUOTE]
Those games are more GPU limited than CPU. And I don't know how you can't max out the Batman games no problem without PhysX. Boggles the mind. They fucking fly without it.

I mean, come on, Jake. Here's old ass Arkham Asylum with high PhysX, maxed out, 16xQ CSAA. Turn off PhysX, and it's way higher. Arkham City with DX11, high tesselation, high PhysX, high FXAA doesn't fare as well, but put it down to DX9 and it cruises too. So yeah, since you're running both without PhysX, no clue what your issue is.

[quote name='j-cart']Guys, I beat Metro 2033 last night. What the fuck is up with that whole last part of the game? That game decided to take a massive non-solid shit for the last quarter of the game.

When in doubt, let me kill more nazis.

/edit: so there are two endings... either way the last few parts of the game were pretty meh.[/QUOTE]

The explosion ending is the canonical one.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I don't know. For the most part, my likes are pretty normal. The only stuff I really dislike are pretentious, indie games and first person shooters. Though even my FPS hate has exceptions. I love the Bioshock games for example. I do have a few weird opinions. I thought Rising was ok at best and loved DmC. Musou games are probably my favorite genre. I'ved owned every Dynasty Warriors game and spinoff since DW1 (which was a fighting game oddly enough).

Loved Tomb Raider btw.

Also if anyone wants to play Gears feel free to add/invite me. Overrun is actually pretty fun. Still angry horde mode is gone though. That's where I spent the vast majority of my time in Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

I bought Judgement today after trading in Tomb Raider for $40 at GS.

[quote name='panzerfaust']yo what low-budget equipment can get me good voice recording for two people? just need mics, a mixer, and software, ya?[/QUOTE]

If both are in the same room then the PlayStation Eye is the cheapest mic you can get for decent quality. The best quality vs. price is the Blue Snowball but you'd need a pop filter and have both people wearing headphones to avoid echo.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Since I booted up my Wii this past weekend I looked at all the Data on my GC Memory cards. I have saves for RE4 and the Rogue Squadron game. After reading the first book I'm kind of itching for Rogue Squadron.

Is the GC version of RE4 worth it still? Or should I pony up for the :360: or :ps3: ports?[/QUOTE]

I'd get the PS3/360 port next time it's on sale. HD port of the PS2/Wii version with all the tweaks and extra content.

[quote name='j-cart']Ohhh, I think I am still running Batman: AC on DX11.

Then again it is only Batman: AC that I am having problems with.[/QUOTE]

Try medium tesselation then. Game's DX11 is still a bit jacked. Day one though, it was straight up broken. Now? It's fine if you don't go hog wild on it, just takes some muscle.

[quote name='ihadFG']As someone who does love the original Bioshock, I think it's perfectly fine for you to have that opinion. I like the gameplay, but I realize not everyone has to enjoy it. It's just funny to me that for a game that is pretty well regarded everywhere else, the GGT of course has the opposite opinion. I don't think any hyped game lives up to that hype for the GGT.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, you seem to enjoy everything you play. Like, a lot.

In playing and learning Civ 5, I've always been a big believer of consideration when putting hammers into wonders. I didn't really "get" the civ games until I forced myself to avoid wonders. Which isn't to say that wonders don't help, only that for me they always got in the way of understanding the basics. So naturally, I had never played as Egypt. Until now...

Egypt, deity, wonder spam to cultural victory. Given how deity can be like a game of solitaire (i.e. some games can't be won no matter your skill level) due to your draw of maps, I decided to give myself a fighting chance by restarting until I saw a workable marble withing 4 to 5 tiles of the starting settler.

I explored and saw that I had a few CSs nearby, I steal a worker at T20 and we're off to the races. My start is desert and somehow I land Desert Folklore even though I'm the second pantheon out. That was the first of many breaks. I didn't get many breaks in production tiles beyond the cap, so I decided to go OCC even though I think OCC is a heap of a bullshit. (Also, OCC refers to one-city challenge even though I didn't tick OCC on setting up the game -- it's just a convenient way to refer to the fact that I'm doing this with one city only.)

One anti-break (an obstacle, I guess) was the other civs in the match. The first civs I uncover are Mongols, Huns, Iroquois, and Americans. Seriously. Four expansive dipshits, two of them serious warmongers. Later on in the match I encountered the remaining civs: Germany, Carthage, and Japan. Two MORE expansionists, one of whom (Bismarck) is kind of a nemesis for me. He's a gigantic dick.

So I've got one hell of a draw here. It's nice that they're going to be fighting with each other, but it's bad because at least one of them is going to come for me. They're going to be expanding in on me (and they did). Again, though, geography was on my side this game, there was a CS and big useless desert between me and everyone else to the east, jungle and Genghis to the north, a CS and ocean to the west, and ocean to the south.

Because of my luck with the geography, I made the decision to limit my defense to 4 archers and a warrior and lay the hammer down on the Wonder Spam 3000. It's insane. By roughly T125, I have Stonehenge, Temple of Artemis, Hanging Gardens, Petra, The Oracle, Chichen Itza, Alhambra, and Terracotta Army (which was hanging around late for some reason). That was really amazing to me. I didn't know wonder spam could be that spammy. And note that it wasn't like I neglected everything else: I've got a serviceable army, it's only 5 or 6 units but it buys me time to negotiate peace.

And that's one of the unfortunate things (and I use that lightly as I abused the hell out of it) about the AI is that when you play OCC, the negotiation process really breaks down.

My friend to the north, Genghis, was effectively a mugger throughout the match. He's equally happy with me if I negotiate peace and give him 15g or 1500g, provided either amount is 100% of my bank. This was a cycle he and I went through three times in the game between ~T155 (his first DOW) and T290 (my win). He attacks, I quickly deplete my bank via rush bought buildings or CS gifts, I sacrifice military units as long as I can, and eventually I buy him off for 100g or so. That's it.

I would imagine that, if I had additional cities, he'd have wanted a few...but with no cities to give, he just wanted whatever money I had on me. Which is disappointing, in a way, because that's effectively a mugging. It's unbecoming the difficulty level, but that's OCC.

Even though I played OCC, I don't have much respect for it, because it "breaks" the game in ways that aren't meant to be broken. There's an underlying assumption in so many mechanics of the game that you have more than one settlement. The fact that you can succeed with just one city, like some kind of mega CS, doesn't make sense to me. Plus, the culture system is set up to reward that style of play with shitloads of bonuses. It shouldn't be that way if the AI is not able to respond to single-city civs more aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back