GGT 226 wants a slice of Leda's roast beef, smothered in her au jus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Castlevania: Lord of Shadows came in today. Lets see if it's really as generic as everybody has said.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that about it, so clearly not everyone has said that.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Castlevania: Lord of Shadows came in today. Lets see if it's really as generic as everybody has said.[/QUOTE]
LoS is great. MoF sucks

It's great if you liked Shadow of the Colossus. Then again, most of the game isn't like SotC, so yeah...prettey generic.

On a scale of GoW clones, I'd put it below Dante's Inferno.

It's decent enough, long as hell though. It's a fan of dropping frames too.

[quote name='dohdough']It's great if you liked Shadow of the Colossus. Then again, most of the game isn't like SotC, so yeah...prettey generic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's like that one boss.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Patrick Stewart? what the hell.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, get to the ending. It's pretty glorious.

[quote name='The Crotch']No, though I did just pick up a rifle with an underbarrel grenade launcher in that game that I'm excited to try out. I was talking about BSG tomorrow. So far we have me, Josh, maybe Joel, and Icebeast.[/QUOTE]
I'm definitely in. Been wanting to play for quite some time.

YO! Anyone up for some fighting games tonight?

I dunno about generic... but the variable framerate is pretty bad... and it does jump all over the place in terms of gameplay styles and stuff.

If they do release a complete edition on Steam, I'll grab it in a sale to give another go to...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm definitely in. Been wanting to play for quite some time.

YO! Anyone up for some fighting games tonight?[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you play anything... I'd love to get some Isaac Clark time in Sony Smash.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Let me know if you play anything... I'd love to get some Isaac Clark time in Sony Smash.[/QUOTE]
We should definitely play Sony Smash. I'd like to try my Isaac against some actual players.

[quote name='Indignate']On a scale of GoW clones, I'd put it below Dante's Inferno.
[/QUOTE]

GoW clones are kind of a guilty pleasure. Although I haven't played Dante's Inferno either.

[quote name='whoknows']Maybe he's playing the superior PS3 version so he doesn't have to deal with the framerate issues.[/QUOTE]

Yes Sir.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']We should definitely play Sony Smash. I'd like to try my Isaac against some actual players.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna be picking up Sony Smash this weekend. What kind of gameplay should I be expected compared to melee/brawl?

[quote name='GUNNM']LoS is great. MoF sucks[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed both of them, beat LoS but haven't gotten that far in MoF yet....it's kinda neat seeing the gameplay mix between the 2d and 3d games, and I actually enjoy the combat in it quite a bit (which is one of the things I hear some complaints about).

[quote name='BlueScrote']
I'm gonna be picking up Sony Smash this weekend. What kind of gameplay should I be expected compared to melee/brawl?[/QUOTE]
It feels pretty similar to me. There's more strategy in it though, so you have to play it like an actual fighting game as opposed to mash to win like in Smash.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Someone in the Deals forum said DmC is better than DMC4.[/QUOTE]
I think it's better. I had more fun with DmC than DMC4.

Still not sure how I feel about this being a thing...

Cover__300RGB_1199.jpg

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I think it's better. I had more fun with DmC than DMC4.[/QUOTE]

Woah woah.

Rei, woah. Just hold up now.

Stop being so right all the time.

P.S. I also think DmC was more entertaining than Rising.

[quote name='whoknows']P.S. I also think DmC was more entertaining than Rising.[/QUOTE]
Agree with this too. Rising is probably going to be my biggest disappointment this year unless Bioshock Infinite turns out to be absolute trash.

[quote name='whoknows']

P.S. I also think DmC was more entertaining than Rising.[/QUOTE]
You don't need to lie to kick it homie.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Agree with this too. Rising is probably going to be my biggest disappointment this year unless Bioshock Infinite turns out to be absolute trash.[/QUOTE]

We're not friends anymore. I loved rising easily my goty so far.
I have no desire to play this gears game doe don't know why

[quote name='BlueScrote']well that boss battle was stupid.[/QUOTE]

They all are! Kidding...kidding:lol:
not really kidding:cry:

[quote name='dohdough']They all are! Kidding...kidding:lol:
not really kidding:cry:
[/QUOTE]
I don't know.
The one against Satan was kind of awesome.

[quote name='GUNNM'] I loved rising easily my goty so far.[/QUOTE]
So far, so good. I can't even think of any other games that really interest me right now. I'm going to wait for the reviews of Bioshock before I jump on that one. This'll give me plenty of time to clear out my backlog.

[spole[r]

[quote name='dohdough']So far, so good. I can't even think of any other games that really interest me right now. I'm going to wait for the reviews of Bioshock before I jump on that one. This'll give me plenty of time to clear out my backlog.[/QUOTE]

gamefly

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I don't know.
The one against Satan was kind of awesome.
[/QUOTE]

It was cool.

I liked most of the boss battles though.

Also I really liked the game. I like the depressing tone the game has.

[quote name='whoknows']It was cool.

I liked most of the boss battles though.

Also I really liked the game. I like the depressing tone the game has.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought it was a great game. Can't wait for the sequel.

[quote name='GUNNM']You don't need to lie to kick it homie.

We're not friends anymore. I loved rising easily my goty so far.
I have no desire to play this gears game doe don't know why[/QUOTE]

GOTY?
Might be my GOTG.

[quote name='BlueScrote']GoW clones are kind of a guilty pleasure. Although I haven't played Dante's Inferno either.

I'm gonna be picking up Sony Smash this weekend. What kind of gameplay should I be expected compared to melee/brawl?[/QUOTE]

Dante's Inferno: Mash O to win. :rofl:
And Sony Smash plays like Smash. But with the possibility of doing combos.

I think still bayonetta is better ^__^ and when nintendo allows bayonetta 2 on the xbox rising will be my 3rd favorite platinum game on xbox

[quote name='GUNNM']

I hope we get to play as alucard doe[/QUOTE]

I don't. I hope we get to murder the shit out of Alucard. That'll teach him.

[quote name='GUNNM']I think still bayonetta is better ^__^[/QUOTE]

To each their own, but not for me. I have a laundry list of everything I thought was wrong with Bayonetta... suffice it to say that while I think it's a good action game with a lot of good ideas, it had a bunch of spots where the execution was downright lacking.

[quote name='GUNNM']Well that would be a twist. A game where dracula wins.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Gabriel is going to be the main character so he'll win.

I'll boycott if he's not the main character.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm definitely in. Been wanting to play for quite some time.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. That's our minimum player count, then. 8:00 PM Pacific tomorrow. Right, Josh?

[quote name='GUNNM']
You miss the part where Gabriel became dracula
?
I did I didn't buy the DLC apparently that's when it happens[/QUOTE]

Oh. I was trying to be vague with that since Bluscrote is playing it for the first time and you're spoiling it for him if he didn't already know that.

Good going.

[quote name='GUNNM']
You miss the part where Gabriel became dracula?
I did I didn't buy the DLC apparently that's when it happens[/QUOTE]

That's a giant spoiler, considering BlueScrote just started playing the game. Fix that shit, man.

[quote name='GUNNM']How about dat homage from DMC 1 in bayonetta when you're riding that missile? I smiled when I first saw it[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that was an homage to DMC1 so much as space harrier. God... that was not really a good section. I hated the motorcycle bullshit too.

GOW is a much better game than DmC, but that's not really saying much since I didn't really like GOW to begin with.

edit: Speaking of sequels, I actually wouldn't mind a sequel to DmC to see where they'd go with it. As long as they fix the broken shit like weapon balancing, style system, add a manual lock-on, and actually play test the fucking thing on the harder difficulties, I'd be interested. If they have color coded enemies, then I'm out of the game.

[quote name='whoknows']Oh. I was trying to be vague with that since Bluscrote is playing it for the first time and you're spoiling it for him if he didn't already know that.

Good going.[/QUOTE]
oh right I edited my post

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

I didn't think that was an homage to DMC1 so much as space harrier. God... that was not really a good section. I hated the motorcycle bullshit too.[/QUOTE]
I've never played space harrier oh just youtubed it. Then I guess DMC 1 payed homage to space harrier as well

[quote name='The Crotch']Awesome. That's our minimum player count, then. 8:00 PM Pacific tomorrow. Right, Josh?[/QUOTE]

It's EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back