GGT 226 wants a slice of Leda's roast beef, smothered in her au jus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZqQir.gif

I thought Bioshock 1 was alright. Then I played #2 and I was all "WTF? I thought I done beat this game." I just never could get myself motivated to get thru more than half of it. Might get Infinite when it hits

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']yo jcart is the exp glitch still up[/QUOTE]

Nope. Tonight's maintenance will fix the bolstering gain on Ilum.

Either way, I need to complete the story quests for the legacy buff to work, which is to complete chapter 2 of each class story.

[quote name='distgfx']No, $10 is the cost for that. I'm too much of a jealous baby to play it with those who get them for free. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]
We should play tonight

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']wtf
why arent sony smash characters free?
thats sum bullshit[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Their game didn't sell well at all and let's have them work to develop two new characters and a new stage and then give it away for free! That's great business acumen. Remind me to invest in whatever you're selling.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']not sure what you guys are on
bioshock infinite is a 8/10 tops

original bioshock hasnt aged well either
not sure what is to be expected
from a bunch of dudes who made their last game in 2006[/QUOTE]

Can't say about infinite, but Bioshock has aged fine. I played it for the 3rd time in 2010 or maybe even 2011 and it was still a great time.

[quote name='j-cart']I had ton of fun with KZ MP, but the FPS controls for that game were just not smooth at all.[/QUOTE]

If you say so, boss. Seems smooth enough to me.
Then again, I didn't mind Killzone 2 before the patch... I've always thought the controls felt like there was some "weight" to them, which I kind of liked.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i dont care how it looks
shits old
there have been many set piece games since that are way better[/QUOTE]

Not really. There are relatively few games where I felt as immersed in the world as I did when I played Bioshock. The Dark/Demon's Souls games are two of them... but other than that...

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']calladuty

metro[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
Yeah man, CoD is as immersive as it gets man. I felt like I've fought in about 6 wars now.
And don't even get me started on Metro... I don't understand why people praise that game... I'll give it a shot one day, but I doubt it will live up to the hype.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Resistance 3.

Conduit 2.[/QUOTE]

Better choices than the last two. :rofl:

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']metro was waaayyyy better than bioshock[/QUOTE]

I know opinions generally aren't wrong... but holy fuck.

you prolly didnt even play it on pc
troll on brosef

plus sony smash people said their dlc was going to be free
w/e they got what they deserved
dont charge 60 bucks for a 30-40 dollar game
i bought the game for the first two pieces of free dlc
shows how much you know aboot business

oh yea
arent you the guy who said mgs3 sucks?
lol

Hyped for Infinite. Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen. Surprised almost no one here likes it. That is uncommon.

you prolly didnt even play it on pc
troll on brosef

oh yea
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w2YrPxXraQ

opinions lol

[quote name='hankmecrankme']If we're talking gameplay, they were strictly average. Shooting mechanics were pretty weak, but they had force powers. See the Force Unleashed 1/2 as a close example. Dodgy mechanics with powers as a hook.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I stumbled through TFU1/2 simply because playing with the powers was fun.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Shooting mechanics seemed fine to me in my... 3 playthroughs of Bioshock and 1 of Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

It continues to amaze me how many games to beat multiple times. How much time do you spend gaming? I mean that in a non-derogatory manner, I'm legitimately curious since I know you are an adult with responsibilities and such.

[quote name='ihadFG']Hyped for Infinite. Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen. Not surprised almost no one here likes it. That is common.[/QUOTE]
Fixed. And agreed. We hate.
[quote name='BlueScrote']This is true. I stumbled through TFU1/2 simply because playing with the powers was fun.
[/QUOTE]
I played all of KOTOR simply because it was Star Wars and I wanted to be an evil ass sith and kill everyone.

Mission complete. :cool:

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']you prolly didnt even play it on pc
troll on brosef

oh yea
lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm the one trolling? Didn't realize I was trying. I'll have to put more effort into it and get some lessons from Zeki. In the meantime...

A game with an immersive atmosphere that competently pulls off an undersea utopia based on Ayn Rand's philospophies gone horribly wrong vs a game that competently makes you feel like you're stuck in some underground tunnels/sewers in Russia. There is no doubt in my mind which game has better art direction and design. And as I said, Bioshock has aged fine.

Good or bad game aside, Superbot didn't *deserve* anything. They worked hard and put a lot of effort into their vision. They made a competent Smash Bros clone, which -- roster aside -- I've enjoyed more than any Smash Bros. game, for the Playstation brand... did they deserve to sell poorly? Doesn't matter. But if you thought (1) that you needed to buy the game to get the first batch of DLC free or (2) that all DLC for the game would be free, perhaps you should learn to read and/or research more carefully.

And I stand by my opinion -- for me, MGS3 is the worst of the 4 MGS games. If I'm ranking the games, they go like this:
MGS > MGS2 = MGS4 > MGS3
Is it a bad game? No. Is it the best MGS? Not by a long shot.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']for whoknows
good luck finding an inferior ps3 version
[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised she's in such a dumb and boring pose.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Fixed. And agreed. We hate.
[/QUOTE]

I somehow think that both my original statement and your fixed one make sense at the same time. I am surprised to see a group of people collectively disliking Bioshock, but I am not surprised that the GGT is that group.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']did u even play the game?
cuz it sounds like u never finished it
seems illogical to dismiss my opinion over a game u never finished[/QUOTE]

I am frequently tempted to dismiss your opinion because of the way you type.

[quote name='ihadFG']I somehow think that both my original statement and your fixed one make sense at the same time. I am surprised to see a group of people collectively disliking Bioshock, but I am not surprised that the GGT is that group.[/QUOTE]
Hey, it makes me happy. I remember getting jumped all over when I originally dissed it after release, after I actually played the whole game and thought it had an interesting setting, but mediocre gameplay, and wasn't worth the insane amount of hype and love it was receiving.

Kinda reminds me how I said SFIV was poopy, and people said YOU JUST DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT 3RD STRIKE!! Damn right, it's not 3rd Strike. Agreed.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
It continues to amaze me how many games to beat multiple times. How much time do you spend gaming? I mean that in a non-derogatory manner, I'm legitimately curious since I know you are an adult with responsibilities and such.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say...

I usually game at night instead of watching TV or something. Some nights I'll game for like 5-8 hours? Some nights I don't game at all.

[quote name='ihadFG']I am frequently tempted to dismiss your opinion because of the way you type.[/QUOTE]

I can't stop laughing. :rofl:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Gaming is easy. Just don't waste your time watching TV.[/QUOTE]
Yup the only show I watch on tv is elementary and walking dead. I aint gots time for tv yo

[quote name='ihadFG']I am frequently tempted to dismiss your opinion because of the way you type.[/QUOTE]
then that shows on u bro
nikola tesla was a virgin with weird hair
alot of people didnt want to listen to him either
based on his mannerisms

its a stupid thing what humans do
when they see something different

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Hey, it makes me happy. I remember getting jumped all over when I originally dissed it after release, after I actually played the whole game and thought it had an interesting setting, but mediocre gameplay, and wasn't worth the insane amount of hype and love it was receiving.

Kinda reminds me how I said SFIV was poopy, and people said YOU JUST DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT 3RD STRIKE!! Damn right, it's not 3rd Strike. Agreed.[/QUOTE]

As someone who does love the original Bioshock, I think it's perfectly fine for you to have that opinion. I like the gameplay, but I realize not everyone has to enjoy it. It's just funny to me that for a game that is pretty well regarded everywhere else, the GGT of course has the opposite opinion. I don't think any hyped game lives up to that hype for the GGT.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']then that shows on u bro
nikola tesla was a virgin with weird hair
alot of people didnt want to listen to him either
based on his mannerisms

its a stupid thing what humans do
when they see something different[/QUOTE]

I think Nikola Tesla would have agreed that your typing is bad.

[quote name='ihadFG']As someone who does love the original Bioshock, I think it's perfectly fine for you to have that opinion. I like the gameplay, but I realize not everyone has to enjoy it. It's just funny to me that for a game that is pretty well regarded everywhere else, the GGT of course has the opposite opinion. I don't think any hyped game lives up to that hype for the GGT.
[/QUOTE]
Again, we hate. :cool: Tomb Raider seemed to go over quite well, and there are a few Deadly Premonition fans in here. I'm waiting for the PS3 version. And I pushed Binary Domain on a lot of people because that game is awesome. So we don't hate on everything.

Maybe we are just picky. :bouncy:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Again, we hate. :cool: Tomb Raider seemed to go over quite well, and there are a few Deadly Premonition fans in here. I'm waiting for the PS3 version. And I pushed Binary Domain on a lot of people because that game is awesome. So we don't hate on everything.

Maybe we are just picky. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Tomb Raider has only been played by a few people in here so far. I'm sure the hate (or at least the mehs) will come. And I'm not sure if Deadly Premonition or Binary Domain count as hyped games. Not saying the GGT hates everything. Just that there tends to be more dissenting opinions towards big critically acclaimed AAA games.

And yes, most of the GGT is indeed picky.

[quote name='distgfx']Maybe if my net cooperates later.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me!

Also, I like Bioshock a lot. Super stoked for Infinite next week. Can't wait to download it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
:rofl:
Yeah man, CoD is as immersive as it gets man. I felt like I've fought in about 6 wars now.
And don't even get me started on Metro... I don't understand why people praise that game... I'll give it a shot one day, but I doubt it will live up to the hype.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't. Feels like a bargain bin title and has so many glitches that it becomes infuriating to play on anything about easy which makes it crazy boring. I have no idea how it got such a cult following. I love just about everything Russia and Post-Apocalyptic and I couldn't stand more than 5 hours.

[quote name='ihadFG']Tomb Raider has only been played by a few people in here so far. I'm sure the hate (or at least the mehs) will come. And I'm not sure if Deadly Premonition or Binary Domain count as hyped games. Not saying the GGT hates everything. Just that there tends to be more dissenting opinions towards big critically acclaimed AAA games.

And yes, most of the GGT is indeed picky.[/QUOTE]
But those people liked Tomb Raider, no? That was my point. Looks sweet to me, so Imma play it eventually. And they aren't hyped games, never said they were. I just used them as examples of games that people in here like. We just see through the hype usually, and take a game for what it is, and get what we want out of it. Do we like Halo in here? Joel does, and I'm going to assume there are a few others. I think Halo is alright. It is what it is.

We all have differing opinions on things, and rarely do we have a hive mind mentality on everything. It's what makes things interesting in here, rather than it being 500 posts about how Hyped Up Flavor Of The Week is going to be the Game Of The Forever, or waxing poetically about a "classic" that's still within the same gen. My two cents on it all.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It doesn't. Feels like a bargain bin title and has so many glitches that it becomes infuriating to play on anything about easy which makes it crazy boring. I have no idea how it got such a cult following. I love just about everything Russia and Post-Apocalyptic and I couldn't stand more than 5 hours.[/QUOTE]
overeacting

i beat the game on xbox 360 with no problems
it is better on pc
but has poor optimization.

at the time of release it used just as much resources as crysis 1
so alot of people skipped over it

the "cult" are the people who didnt encounter bad bugs
or had a good enough pc

europeans arent very good at programming for consoles

[quote name='hankmecrankme']But those people liked Tomb Raider, no? That was my point. Looks sweet to me, so Imma play it eventually. And they aren't hyped games, never said they were. I just used them as examples of games that people in here like. We just see through the hype usually, and take a game for what it is, and get what we want out of it. Do we like Halo in here? Joel does, and I'm going to assume there are a few others. I think Halo is alright. It is what it is.

We all have differing opinions on things, and rarely do we have a hive mind mentality on everything. It's what makes things interesting in here, rather than it being 500 posts about how Hyped Up Flavor Of The Week is going to be the Game Of The Forever, or waxing poetically about a "classic" that's still within the same gen. My two cents on it all.[/QUOTE]

Not saying that the GGT should like all the hyped games or anything. I agree that the differing opinions keep things interesting. Just saying that the trends here tend to be the opposite of the general opinion when it comes to the kind of games that receive a lot of love elsewhere. There's of course exceptions once in a while (and Tomb Raider could very well be one of them once the rest of us get around to playing it), but I've come to expect the opposite opinion here towards things like Bioshock.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']overeacting

i beat the game on xbox 360 with no problems
it is better on pc
but has poor optimization.

at the time of release it used just as much resources as crysis 1
so alot of people skipped over it

the "cult" are the people who didnt encounter bad bugs
or had a good enough pc

europeans arent very good at programming for consoles[/QUOTE]
Not overreacting at all. Spent 5 fucking hours with that game and had multiple experiences of being knocked through walls and fell through the ground/got stuck on pieces of the environment so many times that it's ridiculous. Also, only reason I stopped playing was because of a bug where the game froze while it was saving and erased my save file twice. There's no reason to waste any time on the game when there are so many better deserving of my time out there on the market. Hell, the only reason I'm even going to go back to it is because it was free on PC a while back and I'm willing to give it a second chance on another platform.

I'll clear up all this confusion about which games suck.

Bioshock 1 sucks.
Bioshock 2 was great.
Bioshock 3 will be terrible.

Tomb Raider is a bad version of Uncharted.

[quote name='The Crotch']Could you please clear up the part about Josh being a berk?

You're a berk, Josh.[/QUOTE]

Okay.

Josh is a berk.

Also since you seem to be the kind of person that wonders these kinds of things Crotch, old StarCraft II sucks but new StarCraft II is great.

[quote name='BlueScrote']What kind of BS Domain specific language doesn't allow pointers or arrays of arrays?[/QUOTE]

To clarify, the professor prohibited us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back