GGT #231 Declares Bullet Witch The Best 360 Exclusive This Gen

[quote name='panzerfaust']i don't think i'm smart enough to enjoy Infinite =[[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think Infinite is smart enough for you.

It's just pretentious nonsense anyways.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, I was gonna say I don't think you're pretentious enough to enjoy it.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think Infinite is smart enough for you.

It's just pretentious nonsense anyways.[/QUOTE]

bioshock infinite is overrated, the review score it is getting. It is borderline ridiculous. Almost every reviewer is giving it a 9 or 10 score. The graphics is not even all that great. The storyline is above average. Gameplay is not really ground breaking or anything, other than the sky-hook line, lol

[quote name='j-cart']DO you want to get slapped?[/QUOTE]

Slapped in my hand from your hand in a high five sort of fashion because I'm so right?

Yes.

[quote name='YBX87']which one would you recommend between DOA 5 and tekken tag 2 tournament[/QUOTE]

Going by what I've read I'd say TTT 2. Waiting for a good sale on that.

i've only just started but in the opening 15 minutes you pass by like two dozen philosophical one liners. then every room is full of statues, artwork, and artifacts, and then the people you pass by are all scripted to say something weird and insightful when you pass by them.

i'm just overloaded. every where you turn is overt symbolism and i'm probably not retaining even half of it. i'm just not all that well read or cultured, i guess.

wish i could be more like adam sessler.

Wasn't that big of a fan of bioshock either. The ending made me say meh I think I just hate FPS games.

Now bullet witch on the other hand...

[quote name='YBX87']bioshock infinite is overrated, the review score it is getting. It is borderline ridiculous. Almost every reviewer is giving it a 9 or 10 score. The graphics is not even all that great. The storyline is above average. Gameplay is not really ground breaking or anything, other than the sky-hook line, lol[/QUOTE]

If it's on par with Bioshock 1/2's quality I'm sure it'll be worth $10 in a steam sale.

Playing Minerva's Den now-- there are references to Alan Turing which is pretty cool.

Also forget that this moment in Bioshock 2 was pretty cool
Where you control a little sister and the entire environment is transformed into a fantasy like world.

[quote name='whoknows']We all do.[/QUOTE]

is Adam Sessler consider a good reviewer? after seeing his tirade regarding god of war ascension. I really cannot take his reviews that seriously.

[quote name='YBX87']is Adam Sessler consider a good reviewer? after seeing his tirade regarding god of war ascension. I really cannot take his reviews that seriously.[/QUOTE]

Nobody should have ever taken him seriously in the first place.

--

For anyone who cares about the Skullgirls DLC character votes (Joel):

Here are the Top 16 characters from Round 1 of the first character vote, in alphabetical order.

Aeon / エイオン
Annie / アニー
B. Dahlia / ブラック・ダリア
Beowulf / ベオウルフ
Brain Drain / ブレイン・ドレイン
Eliza / イライザ
Feng / フェン
Isaac / アイザック
Marie / マリー
Minette / ミネット
Molly / モリー
Panzerfaust / パンツァーファウスト
Scythana / サイサナ
Stanley / スタンレー
Umbrella / アンブレラ
Venus / ヴィーナス

Good to see 3 of the 4 I voted for in the running.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Going by what I've read I'd say TTT 2. Waiting for a good sale on that.[/QUOTE]

Unless you want DoA Beach Volleyball: Fighter Edition, I'd stick with the game that has a pedigree -- TTT2 without a doubt. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nobody should have ever taken him seriously in the first place.

--

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad the skullgirls team is seeing some success. Despite my horrid ability at fighting games I can really emphasize with a team wanting to do take their favored pieces from different games from a genre (mostly mahvel in this case) and putting their own twist on it. I kind of wish someone would do that for arena shooters, since that genre has kind of died off since the advent of military shooters.

[quote name='YBX87']bioshock infinite is overrated, the review score it is getting. It is borderline ridiculous. Almost every reviewer is giving it a 9 or 10 score. The graphics is not even all that great. The storyline is above average. Gameplay is not really ground breaking or anything, other than the sky-hook line, lol[/QUOTE]

So if Defienace is Meh, and Bioshock isn't that great, than what game has good graphics? Please say Uncharted.

[quote name='panzerfaust']DoA5 is actually pretty good, but if you want a more robust online then TTT2 is probably your best bet.[/QUOTE]

DOA isn't a terrible fighting game like people like to pretend it is.

Everybody vote for the charcter named Panzerfaust so that when it wins we can all pretend it's cuz he donated a shit load of money to get his name in the game.

[quote name='Indignate']So if Defienace is Meh, and Bioshock isn't that great, than what game has good graphics? Please say Uncharted.

DOA isn't a terrible fighting game like people like to pretend it is.[/QUOTE]

i am just giving my opinion, you do not have to agree with me. I think crysis 3, and the new tomb raider has good graphics. Isn't this thread where ppl discuss about games. I am planning to get DOA 5 and ttt2 eventually, when its is like around $10-15

[quote name='YBX87']Isn't this thread where ppl discuss about games.[/QUOTE]

That's why I was asking?

I just wanted to know since you seem to put a lot of stake in it.

I personally don't care that much about it, but maybe that's just because I play mainly on console and I know it's pretty trivial compared to how these games can look on PC.

I've seen Bioshock on PC, and game looks great. Although I still hold Sleeping Dogs as being one of the best looking games this gen.

[quote name='Indignate']That's why I was asking?

I just wanted to know since you seem to put a lot of stake in it.

I personally don't care that much about it, but maybe that's just because I play mainly on console and I know it's pretty trivial compared to how these games can look on PC.

I've seen Bioshock on PC, and game looks great. Although I still hold Sleeping Dogs as being one of the best looking games this gen.[/QUOTE]

i would agree on sleeping dogs graphics being far more superior on the pc, comparing to the console versions. It is almost like night and day in some parts.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'd like a gaming forum where they actually like video games.[/QUOTE]

gamefaq

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'd like a gaming forum where they actually like video games.[/QUOTE]

They like indie games.

Like Braid.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

[/QUOTE]
I saw that earlier and am glad to see so many nice looking characters still in. I really can't wait to see what characters make it.

[quote name='Indignate']Everybody vote for the charcter named Panzerfaust so that when it wins we can all pretend it's cuz he donated a shit load of money to get his name in the game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah! Cheapy-style!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Anyone know any good gaming forums?[/QUOTE]
Legit? I think Gaf or reddit's gaming subsection are the only forums besides CAG that I ever see people actually talking about games on. I don't really like Gaf, but if you're looking for a little more serious discussion then that may be your place.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']While the IQ level trends on the low side there, I'd definitely take it over Neogaf.[/QUOTE]
Unless you want to go to a specific game/dev's site then GameFaq's the only other site I can think of. Still, most people I know only use it for trolling.

I've been on message boards since they came into existence and I still don't think there's any place on the internet with a community mentally equipped for well rounded gaming discussions or even friendly back and forths. I'd look for specialized boards on niche genres and go from there. People who treat it as a hobby and not a place to validate their opinions is what you're looking for, which, when you think about it, is why GGT is honestly such a great place :grouphug:

I do think communities around DnD based games, simulators, turn based RTS and the like are pretty cool places. Pretty passionate and all of that. If you venture into JRPG or fighter territory, however, everyone is pretty much insane.

/vr/ on 4chan isn't bad. Some subreddits are okay too.

Whelp, looks like my summer is going to be spent in a helicopter-access-only swamp/cutblock. Should be fun, right?
Comrade, let me tell you about the stupidest :10bux: you'll ever spend...

EDIT: I wholeheartedly disagree with what Panzer said, though. Niche places attract grogs like crazy.

I usually just have conversations with myself when I want to talk
about video games with someone

also lol @ infinite haters
some of you truly are gaming hipsters
game is amazin dont hate
gotta keep your doubts suspended for like 2-3 hours

if u dont like it that far in
then well, yeah, your prolly not gunna like it

[quote name='whoknows']They like indie games.

Like Braid.[/QUOTE]
Which is fine, except when that's all you like.
[quote name='Indignate']Social Link Max[/QUOTE]
I actually posted there for a bit, but pretty sure it died.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Legit? I think Gaf or reddit's gaming subsection are the only forums besides CAG that I ever see people actually talking about games on. I don't really like Gaf, but if you're looking for a little more serious discussion then that may be your place.[/QUOTE]
Which sucks.

[quote name='The Crotch']
EDIT: I wholeheartedly disagree with what Panzer said, though. Niche places attract grogs like crazy.[/QUOTE]
Some niches are better than others, I've found. Indie or anything Japanese is usually a huge red flag.

[quote name='The Crotch']Whelp, looks like my summer is going to be spent in a helicopter-access-only swamp/cutblock. Should be fun, right?[/QUOTE]

Is this when I kill you or is it next time?

[quote name='The Crotch']Comrade, let me tell you about the stupidest :10bux: you'll ever spend...[/QUOTE]

Oh, you've told me about this! Exciting.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I actually posted there for a bit, but pretty sure it died. [/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like it. Also Cheddahz is there so...

[quote name='panzerfaust']Some niches are better than others, I've found. Indie or anything Japanese is usually a huge red flag.[/QUOTE]

The RPG thread here isn't bad, so whatcha talking about?

[quote name='The Crotch']Comrade, let me tell you about the stupidest :10bux: you'll ever spend...[/QUOTE]
Reference to something I'm not getting?

Tell away.[quote name='panzerfaust']Some niches are better than others, I've found. Indie or anything Japanese is usually a huge red flag.[/QUOTE]
WRPGs can be pure-strain grognard, man. And anything with a historical or simulationist bent to it is pretty much guaranteed to be nationalism: the forum.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I usually just have conversations with myself when I want to talk
about video games with someone

also lol @ infinite haters
some of you truly are gaming hipsters
game is amazin dont hate
gotta keep your doubts suspended for like 2-3 hours

if u dont like it that far in
then well, yeah, your prolly not gunna like it[/QUOTE]

how am i hating? i just dislike it. I never said nobody should buy the game. If you talk about hate, the only game that can even come close to "hating" is ALien: colonial Marines.

[quote name='YBX87']the only game that can even come close to "hating" is ALien: colonial Marines.[/QUOTE]

Let's not go down this path.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is it actually worth it?[/QUOTE]

Crotch?

[quote name='YBX87']why? you like the game?[/QUOTE]

No, but people here like to pretend to and will get in an argument with you over it.

why all these questions rei?
are we no good for you no more?

i remember you long time
you informed me about sleeping 5 hours a day
which has been great by the way

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is it actually worth it?[/QUOTE]
Not really my place to say. Big, very active, very diverse, very heavily moderated. "Extras" like searching and PMs cost even more money.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']why all these questions rei?
are we no good for you no more?[/QUOTE]

Let's not go down this path.

[quote name='panzerfaust']you payed for that crotcherz?[/QUOTE]
It allows me to pester the lead designer of Project Eternity at will. I mean, he's not obligated to respond, but he'll probably at least read it maybe.

i don't hate infinite at all, i can tell it's super good. i just anticipate it going well over my head because it gives me too much to think about. it's a personal problem.

also i really can't do the audio voice recordings in games like these. they bore me to tears but i force myself to hear them out anyway. it's like an OCD thing.

bread's done
Back