GGT #231 Declares Bullet Witch The Best 360 Exclusive This Gen

[quote name='panzerfaust']i don't hate infinite at all, i can tell it's super good. i just anticipate it going well over my head because it gives me too much to think about. it's a personal problem.

also i really can't do the audio voice recordings in games like these. they bore me to tears but i force myself to hear them out anyway. it's like an OCD thing.[/QUOTE]
how do you feel about elizabeths voice

Audio recordings/random scattered diaries are generally bullshit. I mean, I loved the shit out of the journals in Honest Hearts, but they're a really lazy convention.

I think it works for Bioshock since you seem to always be showing up right in the middle or right after the big events and for those games, that backstory is usually important.

Audio diaries do crack me up. I just imagine someone recording this random fact about their life and then throwing the recording randomly into the street.

[quote name='The Crotch']Not really my place to say. Big, very active, very diverse, very heavily moderated. "Extras" like searching and PMs cost even more money.[/QUOTE]
What are all the "extras" that you don't get with a basic membership?

And always in such easily digestible quantities.

"Oh, shit! I used up my 45-second tape recording! Better leave it on the table and start a new one in the hallway!"

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What are all the "extras" that you don't get with a basic membership?[/QUOTE]

Paying $5 for an avatar.

Paying $10 to change another persons avatar.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What are all the "extras" that you don't get with a basic membership?[/QUOTE]
PMs (send or receive) and the ability to search are another ten dollars. The ability to read a thread that hasn't been posted in for a long time and isn't archived in the goldmine/gas chamber is another ten. An avatar/title combo is five, and anybody else can spend ten to replace yours with something of their choice.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']their actually usually in places where people
would realistically leave them
such as offices, bedrooms, ect.

Also given several circumstances in the game
it seems completely reasonable that some people
stopped what they were doing and dropped/forgot about the recorder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q[/QUOTE]
While I find it a bit silly, I still like them.

I just don't have the patience for them, especially when the game does such a great job of making the world look as interesting as it does. It's like pausing a film, turning the theater lights on, and being handed a cassette player.

but they only add to whats happening in the environment
plus u should be listening to them while looking for loots.

its like bubba gump
you can watch forest do his thing
but there are interesting things in sidelines that add perspective to the story

the only bad thing about the vinographs is that elizabeth will start
blabbering in her california board girl voice when imt trying to listen to dat shit

dude there's like a parade going on, scripted NPCs talking to me, and posters with quotes i should read. i'm not going to walk around and look at all that while listening to this chick's diary simultaneously.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nobody should have ever taken him seriously in the first place.

--

For anyone who cares about the Skullgirls DLC character votes (Joel):

Good to see 3 of the 4 I voted for in the running.

Unless you want DoA Beach Volleyball: Fighter Edition, I'd stick with the game that has a pedigree -- TTT2 without a doubt. ;)[/QUOTE]

Right, just waiting for TTT 2 to fall below $20.

[quote name='panzerfaust']dude there's like a parade going on, scripted NPCs talking to me, and posters with quotes i should read. i'm not going to walk around and look at all that while listening to this chick's diary simultaneously.[/QUOTE]
A good part of the story is told through the vexographs or w/e they're called. I had to wiki the fuck happened at the end and who those people were

Bioshock Infinite has an amazing story. It just doesn't seem that way if you skip out on the voxophones. I can only think of one thing that wasn't really explained all that much
Songbird, which will be addressed in one of the DLCs

I personally dislike collectibles because most developers add them to try to lengthen the game. Games like Bioshock, however, add them to expand the story, and that I really don't mind.

Why the hell would I go around killing damn pigeons in GTA IV? What's the point of that?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone else pick up Runner 2? It's a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for Vita version this summer and will cop it eventually on Steam too. Not going to pay $15 for PSN (or even $11.25 for a Steam copy) though.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is it actually worth it?[/QUOTE]

I paid for an account there so I could post.
There's some amusing shit that pops up in General Bullshit.
Not sure how the rest of the site is, I haven't really visited in forever.

[quote name='Luxuria']Bioshock Infinite has an amazing story. It just doesn't seem that way if you skip out on the voxophones. I can only think of one thing that wasn't really explained all that much
Songbird, which will be addressed in one of the DLCs

I personally dislike collectibles because most developers add them to try to lengthen the game. Games like Bioshock, however, add them to expand the story, and that I really don't mind.

Why the hell would I go around killing damn pigeons in GTA IV? What's the point of that?[/QUOTE]
I'm going to assume
Every DLC will just be prequel stuff

Thanks Sony EU for giving PS+ Okami HD.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm going to assume
Every DLC will just be prequel stuff
[/QUOTE]

It might be. The only thing that's been confirmed is the Songbird DLC. They might make a DLC about the Vox Booker, which would be pretty interesting. We'll just have to see. :eek:

[quote name='Luxuria']Thanks Sony EU for giving PS+ Okami HD.

It might be. The only thing that's been confirmed is the Songbird DLC. They might make a DLC about the Vox Booker, which would be pretty interesting. We'll just have to see. :eek:
[/QUOTE]
Wow I would love to see what the fuck happened in the vox booker storyline. I could give a shit about songbird.

I would need to make a new account if I wanted to access the EU market right?

[quote name='GUNNM']So this pretty much confirms used games banned then? Why would you need an internet connection to start a game?

I wonder how many people will just talk the talk and not really go through of not buying an xbox because you can't play used games?[/QUOTE]
you will find out soon at the deals forum, when they release the next gen xbox for purchase at retail

Only thing I remotely care about is what exclusives that system will be carrying. Because Bungie is going multiplat with Destiny, which leaves them what? Fable and Gears? Forza is pretty big, too. Can't think of much else. Unless they worked out something with Activision in which case everyone will get the next Xbox no matter what. Call of Duty will dictate the numbers next gen.

And if exclusives become a thing of the past, then I really don't see how anyone can justify getting a console at all.

Everyone who was worth a damn left epic and I doubt they're giving people can fly another chance at another gears of war game after that shitty judgment game. So yeah xbox has forza, halo 5 and L4D3

[quote name='panzerfaust']Only thing I remotely care about is what exclusives that system will be carrying. Because Bungie is going multiplat with Destiny, which leaves them what? Fable and Gears? Forza is pretty big, too. Can't think of much else. Unless they worked out something with Activision in which case everyone will get the next Xbox no matter what. Call of Duty will dictate the numbers next gen.

And if exclusives become a thing of the past, then I really don't see how anyone can justify getting a console at all.[/QUOTE]

MS been paying Activision for time exclusive COD DLC. That is important for a lot of people.

[quote name='The Crotch']Whelp, looks like my summer is going to be spent in a helicopter-access-only swamp/cutblock. Should be fun, right?
\[/QUOTE]

Are you going to be doing the same thing you did last summer? Or something different?

Did you ever end up playing D3?

Same thing as every god damn summer. Just with fewer trips to town to wash my clothes this time, I guess.

I never intended to play Diablo 3. Not really my thing.

Halo's definitely coming back, 343 confirmed they are making Halo 4-5-6, so that's definitely going to release on the next system, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few offshoots such as ODST or Halo Wars that will come out as well, there's also a fair amount of arcade titles that are exclusive and they own some of the titles that they just haven't done much with (such as Rares stuff since they decided to make them a Kinect company, but their games like Banjo, Perfect Dark, Viva Pinata, and such are still there as well).

[quote name='panzerfaust']Will Halo be returning? I guess it would be naive to think it wouldn't...[/QUOTE]

As someone who played untold amounts of 2/3/Reach Multiplayer, I really hope they go in a different direction than H4.

The Halo 4 multiplayer was a let down. 343 Industries focused on 8v8 gameplay when Halo was built on much smaller scale MP (2v2 in H1, 4v4 in h2/3). The initial map selection + DLC has been a let down too.

Finished Minerva's Den. I really like how Bioshock 2+Minerva's Den evolve the player's view point of Andrew Ryan. Also the last 10 minutes of story exposition were really good. The new weapon + plasmid were fun too.

[quote name='BlueScrote']As someone who played untold amounts of 2/3/Reach Multiplayer, I really hope they go in a different direction than H4.

The Halo 4 multiplayer was a let down. 343 Industries focused on 8v8 gameplay when Halo was built on much smaller scale MP (2v2 in H1, 4v4 in h2/3). The initial map selection + DLC has been a let down too.

Finished Minerva's Den. I really like how Bioshock 2+Minerva's Den evolve the player's view point of Andrew Ryan. Also the last 10 minutes of story exposition were really good. The new weapon + plasmid were fun too.[/QUOTE]

I've also played a real lot of all the Halo games, but when I used to play H1 we would usually LAN and then eventually play it online through PC, so I never looked at it as 2v2, but the 4v4 size I do agree with for being a good amount in team modes, although I've always been a big fan of the vehicles and those usually work better with more people IMO. Granted, I guess I'm more into FFA then any other mode so I don't really view it on a team size mode as much as what modes are there in general, kind of like how 4 only had Regicide until the most recent DLC added the normal FFA modes (Which I thought were awesome). But I do understand that a lot of people play it for the team modes instead and I guess we will have to see what they decide to do with the franchise MP from here.

[quote name='The Crotch']The only studio that could possibly make Bullet Witch 2 is busy with Drakengard 3 right now.[/QUOTE]
Cavia isn't even making Drakengard 3.

bread's done
Back