GGT 232 Gets Drunk All Weekend and Doesn't Bother to Post in Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']Two things.

1. I read that as meth lab.

2. Do they still have every LCD set to 800 x 600?[/QUOTE]
yeah
they just started upgrading to widescreen monitors...

everytime i touch those keyboards i feel like 20 dudes
just jizzed all over my hands

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Gamefly finally shipped out DMC today, so in a few days I'll post my thoughts on it. I know the GGT had extremely mixed impressions about it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Don't expect DMC quality combat and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panzerfaust']Don't expect quality and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]
Just when I thought I'd gotten the stench of that turd out of my mind, you jerks bring it back. Thanks for nothing!

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']yeah
everytime i touch those keyboards i feel like 20 dudes
just jizzed all over my hands[/QUOTE]
You should be used to that by now.

[quote name='GUNNM']Welp good news. I got my PS3 badnews is it has no slide cover for where the game goes and its competently fucked up. It was listed LIKE NEW. lol[/QUOTE]

Well look on the bright side, now you have some free time to go on the xbox and play the new Gears of War bwahaha :)

On Dark Souls II:

"We understand that a lot of fans took the word 'accessible' and translated it to 'it will be easier'," he said. "We apologise for casually using the word".

From Software's true intent was muddled in translation. This time, Tanimura and Namco Bandai producer Tak Miyazoe are clear and precise with their words: "There's no intent for us to make the game any easier."

"At the same time, the goal isn't to make Dark Souls 2 more difficult, just more rewarding," he continued. "What we meant by accessibility was streamlining a lot of the so-called tediousness that was in Dark Souls to make sure we can trim the fat and directly deliver the pure challenges and emotional aspects we want to communicate."

Streamlining, trim; more flammable words, but this time better explained: "For example; having to backtrack in Dark Souls and having to do all that travelling. Warping was only available in the latter half of the game, which seemed a little bit useless."

In our interview we raise the point that some might find backtracking and the predictability of enemies important to the experience. Retreading old ground, for example, might be considered as a flabby part of gameplay by some, but to others the familiarity may be essential to building the confidence needed to tackle new challenges. Similarly, learning patterns to the point where battling enemies requires little effort also feeds into building comfort. Is it wise to tinker with such things?

"The balance we have to achieve is very fine," agrees Tanimura. "We understand that there are certain aspects that fans will like, that others may feel are tedious, it's my job personally to find that balance. We understand that within the tedium and other things perceived to be negative, there are fun aspects. If we do decide to cut those portions or clean them up, we want to make sure the fun element of it is carried over in a different way.

"We will make sure that we don't just cut away, we'll figure out what's critical to the essence, what needs to remain, and what we can cut away to deliver a pure experience."

"One thing we do focus on is that no matter the kind of deaths they experience, players should understand the reason they died. Killing players is easy, you can just make an enemy strong or use surprise attacks, but it's important to allow the player to learn about their deaths. That is a fine balance, but we always keep in mind that it isn't unfair, we make sure to add a reason to each of the situations in the game."

The next area we're in is outside. In the distance is a castle, but to get to it the knight must cross a lengthy rope bridge. Dozens of wyverns circle in the sky above, but with no options apparent, crossing seems to be the only choice. Of course, a few steps in and a wyvern crashes onto the bridge and tears it off. The knight falls to his death.

"The bridge instance is actually a surprise feature," explains Tanimura, "we want to express the 'oh my god, what do I do now, how the hell do I get past this part?'

"We want the player to start thinking about what to do next and come up with strategies to conquer that area. Obviously we don't want to have a situation where, if you try and cross that bridge, you die no matter what. We'll leave hints and clues to allow players to anticipate what's going to happen. If they try and cross the bridge, they'll probably die, but the death will have meaning. That's the emotional takeback we want from each of the situations, like the bridge."

Our eyes-on demo ends with a quick visit to the Torture Chamber, where a boss riding a silver chariot appears and promptly runs the knight over. The purpose of this display of cruelty is to show that some bosses in Dark Souls 2 can be taken out in ways other than one-on-one combat.

The demo felt like it was very much designed to assuage fears that Dark Souls 2 would be an easier game, perhaps to parlay its recent success into reaching a broader audience. But Tanimura made it clear that From Software is under no pressure to do such a thing and, in fact, has been given complete creative freedom by Namco Bandai. From what we've seen, Dark Souls 2 is shaping up to be a worthy successor.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...oftware-talks-dark-souls-2/?page=3#top_banner

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You should be used to that by now.[/QUOTE]
I am
but it never gets easier.

I stopped bringing my awesome asus #truegamer laptop to school
when I caught a kid trying to nab it when I was grabbing my print outs

dumbass couldnt fit the 21 inch into his backpack fast enuf

got a new school prez too
he makes about 650k/year
the last one made 180k

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey Uraizen, Hank...

Dark Souls II is developed on PC first and they're promising locked 60fps.
As if I needed some additional motivation to build my gaming PC this year?
fucking done, dude.
Signed, sealed, delivered.[/QUOTE]

Any word on when it's gonna be released compared to consoles? Regardless it sounds like I'll wait this time for the PC version.

[quote name='dothog']If anyone hasn't played Minecraft since it was "alpha", you gotta check it out now. They've added so much bullshit (e.g. mechanics, items, biomes, villages/temples/mine shafts) to the game, it's great.

My last world, I wound up in a goddamn ocean world and was sailing from shitty little island to shitty little island, foraging for wood. After sailing for 7 days/nights with literally nothing to land on that was more than a 20x20 island, I happened upon the Mushroom Island biome. Shit's bananas. Massive mushroom trees, purple fungus-y looking stuff on the dirt instead of grass, and red mushroom cows that give limitless food (just right-click to smack 'em with a bowl for some soup).

It never occurred to me until that moment that you can probably milk cows. I'm going to try it out next chance I get.

The really weird thing about the Mushroom Island is that, as far as I can tell, mobs don't spawn there. That's good. But it includes friendly mobs that aren't cows made of mushrooms. That's not good. Also, it doesn't have trees, and had I not had a few saplings with me to plant, I would've needed to sail to who the shit knows where to get trees/wood. I didn't die in that one yet, I had to Save/Quit because it was getting boring. Had a hell of a tree/pumpkin farm going (it's all I had to plant).

It's fun. So much of it is the fact that every time I die, you start up a new world and all of a sudden it's discovery all over again. I can't imagine what else they've added, I'm sure it's some crazy shit. This game is about as pure as it gets in so many respects.[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty awesome. I haven't played since alpha like... 2 years ago.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Any word on when it's gonna be released compared to consoles? Regardless it sounds like I'll wait this time for the PC version.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere earlier today that it's a simultaneous release.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Any word on when it's gonna be released compared to consoles? Regardless it sounds like I'll wait this time for the PC version.

That sounds pretty awesome. I haven't played since alpha like... 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Considering they're leading on the PC?
I'm guessing simultaneous release for all 3 versions.

Watch these pandas celebrate by taking turns on the slide!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTo9-fHGFig

Last edited by a moderator:
i've never seen a mousepad at niu
i could only imagine how natty they are
u still goin to the good ole university panzer?

also LOL at your avatar
way to be an asshole and make fun of someone
who lost their job in the line of duty

[quote name='panzerfaust']Deal with it.[/QUOTE]

fix'd.

So I've really been craving some Fallout for some odd reason. I'm honestly not even sure why. How does New Vegas compare to Fallout 3?

[quote name='GUNNM']Good news is I got warriors orochi 3 today and I'm gonna be playing dat[/QUOTE]
Good call.
[quote name='Luxuria']fix'd.

So I've really been craving some Fallout for some odd reason. I'm honestly not even sure why. How does New Vegas compare to Fallout 3?[/QUOTE]
Better story than FO3, the area isn't as interesting though, and the DLC is fantastic.

I bought New Vegas and played it for like... three hours but wasn't in the mood for another open world game at the time so I didn't enjoy it.

I might get the Ultimate Edition then.

Question: Does Liberty Prime make a comeback? Prime was total boss status.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Why would I go there?[/QUOTE]
cuz its cheap
plenty of hos and bitches

and you can call hank up like cheapyd in saints row
and start goin on rampages

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What's up with the new avatar?[/QUOTE]
It's that Adam Orth guy from Microsoft who told people who don't like an "always on" console to deal with it or move to a better city. Ended up getting fired.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It's that Adam Orth guy from Microsoft who told people who don't like an "always on" console to deal with it or move to a better city. Ended up getting fired.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's pretty sad.

I hope he finds another job soon!

I'll say it again, Hyosung is looking REALLY good lately:

20121214_hyosung.jpg

Orth got fired for speaking the truth. Very anti-establishment.

She's looking better because she was 15 when you strangely fell in love with she's like 17 now. When N.Korea nukes S.Korea do you know how many kpop bands we will lose?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'll say it again, Hyosung is looking REALLY good lately:

20121214_hyosung.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:drool::drool:

[quote name='The Crotch']You do get to meet the dude who invented him, though.[/QUOTE]

Good enough, maybe even better! :whistle2:o

[quote name='BlueScrote']wow, that's pretty awesome. Hope that starts becoming the norm.[/QUOTE]

Me too. 60 fps for PC and 30 fps for 360/PS3... gee, that's a hard choice if you have a capable PC. ;)

--

Throwing back to Power Girl... I was not one of the people speaking out against the boob window...

561348_10151382985146608_902121179_n.jpg

[quote name='panzerfaust']was it a cover? think it was just dancing to beyonce.[/QUOTE]
she tried to sing a few times then stopped.
she was distracted by apparent lack of wrist bands

[quote name='panzerfaust']was it a cover? think it was just dancing to beyonce.[/QUOTE]
It was a cover.
[quote name='mrspicytacoman']she tried to sing a few times then stopped.
she was distracted by apparent lack of wrist bands[/QUOTE]
You REALLY like wrist bands huh?

[quote name='Luxuria']:drool::drool:

Good enough, maybe even better! :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]
Srsly though, New Vegas is really good. Best Bethesda-type game around. Main bugs to watch out for are the autosave bug (there's a really nice save manager floating somewhere on the internet that can totally avoid that one) and the explosives bug (which there is no workaround for but at least it doesn't affect DLC enemies).

If you're playing with all the DLCs, you should definitely use the New Vegas Uncut mods. Console restrictions forced them to cut a shitload of NPCs as they added the DLCs, and those mods repopulate the world.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Me too. 60 fps for PC and 30 fps for 360/PS3... gee, that's a hard choice if you have a capable PC. ;)[/QUOTE]

PS3/360 obviously.

PC's aren't meant for gaming. They're only meant for DOS and paint.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It was a cover.

You REALLY like wrist bands huh?[/QUOTE]
I havent been this interested in something
since ledas eyebrows

next time i decide to go to school
im gunna see if I can find any girls that wear multiple wristbands

[quote name='aaronrodgers']It's very good. Musashi Miyamoto is gdlk[/QUOTE]
Yo dawg his manga vagabond is gdlk but for some reason hes out planting rice and not fighting dat mute. When do I unlock ryu hayabusa?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Me too. 60 fps for PC and 30 fps for 360/PS3... gee, that's a hard choice if you have a capable PC. ;)

--

Throwing back to Power Girl... I was not one of the people speaking out against the boob window...

561348_10151382985146608_902121179_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I love me some Yaya Han

Find out at the Injustice Battle Arena Live Finale on Monday, 4/15, at 7pm PST, where we'll announce the winner - and the first DLC character for Injustice.
If it's Power Girl I'll buy the season pass as soon as she's revealed. Come on Peej!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back