GGT 238 is born again

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone got good recommendations for a 3DS XL case?[/QUOTE]

I like the hard sell case Walmart sells for $15 that also holds 6 carts.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
The edit almost redeems you, as FFIV is one of the best all around, period, IMO. ;)
I honestly think I prefer the *lack of* story in XII or the whatever the hell is going on randomness of XIII to the religious tones of X. That was such a disappointment for me.[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah! Cecil is one of my most favorite game characters anyways. I still haven't finished XII or XIII. I get a few hours in and then get hit with boredom and can't be driven to finish them.

You know what I love about the new Xcom? The way standing on any sort of slope or staircase has a 75% chance to completely negate the effects of nearby cover. How the hell haven't I put a screenshot of that bullshit up for Hank yet?

[quote name='dmaul1114']I went with this hard case as I wanted something with some slots for game carts and decent protection since mine's always just getting tossed in my gym bag (use as my overnight bag) with a bunch of other stuff, which gets tossed in the car etc.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/POWER+A...%20case&cp=1&lp=1&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']I like the hard sell case Walmart sells for $15 that also holds 6 carts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihadFG']
I'm assuming you want something more robust, but I just use the pouch from Club Nintendo, which works great if you just need one for protecting against scratches when it's in a bag or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- I wanted something better for travel purposes. The pull n go folio for vita is awesome because you can store all your cards (I no longer have any... except blazblue :rofl:), but it has the pop out pouch for the unit that provides solid protection and holds 4 carts too... so I can use that for quick travel but take my big case on long trips.

I ended up going with the DSi XL case that looks similar to the pull n go, since pdp hasn't made one for the XL yet.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hell yeah! Cecil is one of my most favorite game characters anyways. I still haven't finished XII or XIII. I get a few hours in and then get hit with boredom and can't be driven to finish them.[/QUOTE]

Kain and Edge man. Also like Rydia and Yang. And Golbez. It's so long and expansive for a game of that time period too. Final Fantasy 6 is good too, but I didn't find it nearly as challenging, which detracts from it a bit for me. Love both the localized SNES games though. :)

pgePvJs.jpg

Why can't I take cover behind these rocks? Because they exist next to a slope, and XCOM can't handle slopes. Note the nearby soldier who died for my greed.

There's a lot of stuff that I can't really screenshot properly, either. I don't know why they put so much focus on dramatic zoom-ins; both the animations and the camera itself are really flawed.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']64 mode master race!

Final Fantasy IX master race![/QUOTE]
FFIX was great. You could use tents in battle. They had a 50% chance of containing a snake that would bite you, causing incurable poison, blindness, and mute. So you just use them on enemies. Done and done.

Game was easy enough without that, but it was fun crippling bosses for lulz.

Final Fantasy 8 was straight up broken if you knew what you were doing. I did some grinding during my last playthrough, had Squall up to 9999 health 5 hours in, just left him around 2000 the whole time. He was in critical state, so I'd just skip his turn until he got a limit break (which was about every 2nd or 3rd turn), and unleashed that. He didn't use a regular attack for most of the game. It was a blast. :bouncy:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Kain and Edge man. Also like Rydia and Yang. And Golbez. It's so long and expansive for a game of that time period too. Final Fantasy 6 is good too, but I didn't find it nearly as challenging, which detracts from it a bit for me. Love both the localized SNES games though. :)[/QUOTE]
Love FFIV, played it on SNES day one, finished it so many times. Played a fan translated Japanese version later, then the PS1 version, then the GBA version. Never touched the DS or PSP versions. Great old school JRPG, nice and simple.

[quote name='The Crotch']Greasy slopes. . .[/QUOTE]
Added.

God idra has 14k viewers just from streaming a shitty PC game. That's almost the same amount of viewers for a FGC event

Getting publicly fired for being a jackass is pretty major publicity.

EDIT: For comparison's sake, Totalbiscuit and Day9's stream of Shoutcraft America only has ~19,000 people right now.

I'd probably watch for a little bit.

[quote name='The Crotch']Getting publicly fired for being a jackass is pretty major publicity.

EDIT: For comparison's sake, Totalbiscuit and Day9's stream of Shoutcraft America only has ~19,000 people right now.[/QUOTE]

I don't like SC2 or know why these commentators are so famous for just commentating on SC2 but out of all of them I like day9

I wouldn't watch. :nottalking:

Finished DOA5's story mode last night, only took 4 beers. It's entertaining. Game itself? Probably the best DOA overall, but I miss the colors. Some stages are fine, others are war torn and shit, like they are trying to be gritty and realistic. This is DOA, not real life, not every chick is that stacked unless you live in Cali. Bring back the color, please.

I'll be copping Ultimate eventually.

[quote name='GUNNM']I don't like SC2 or know why these commentators are so famous for just commentating on SC2 but out of all of them I like day9[/QUOTE]
Totalbiscuit is a "Youtube personality" who picked up Starcraft 2 a while back. Think he got started with World of Warcraft videos or some shit? I dunno. I don't think those two synergize well as casters, anyway.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Played the Marvel Heroes beta. Seems okay so far. Kind of buggy though.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I hate the MMO aspect of it. I wish it would be more like Torchlight II and focus on the single player aspect of it. I liked the shit I did by myself. I played the Scarlet Witch and say absolutely zero Scarlet Witches other than myself. The majority of the people on there use Deadpool because apparently people like overrated characters. Lots of Thors and Hulks, too, but both of them really good. I'm curious how the game transitions from beta to live whenever it comes out.

I actually like that you get play as a hero, which sets it apart from other MMO superhero games. I mean, creating your own hero is cool and all, but sometimes you just want to be Thor and Captain America and fuck shit up.

[quote name='The Crotch']Totalbiscuit is a "Youtube personality" who picked up Starcraft 2 a while back. Think he got started with World of Warcraft videos or some shit? I dunno. I don't think those two synergize well as casters, anyway.[/QUOTE]
The word casters is so esports
[quote name='j-cart']Blah, would much rather "make" a new hero, instead of play a hero.[/QUOTE]
How'd you enjoy xmen destiny?

[quote name='GUNNM']Playing on 3DS or 64 mode?
3DS is easy mode[/QUOTE]

Considering I've played 64 mode hundreds of times throughout my life, I chose the new 3DS mode.

[quote name='The Crotch']What do you call them in figting gams?[/QUOTE]
Commentators. (real innovative)
[quote name='distgfx']Considering I've played 64 mode hundreds of times throughout my life, I chose the new 3DS mode.[/QUOTE]

Wow sorry settle down please.

Played more RE4 today. That game is nuts. I gotta say the shotgun is so damn satisfying. You've got a shield? well fuck you.

[quote name='GhostShark']I actually like that you get play as a hero, which sets it apart from other MMO superhero games. I mean, creating your own hero is cool and all, but sometimes you just want to be Thor and Captain America and fuck shit up.[/QUOTE]

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2.

[quote name='GUNNM']
How'd you enjoy xmen destiny?[/QUOTE]

Never played it, because I wasn't stupid to buy it.

[quote name='Indignate']Lot of violent tones up in here.[/QUOTE]

I KNOW J-CART ANGRY! J-CART VIOLENT! J-CART SMASH!

j-cart.jpg

*first thing that showed up under google imagines.

Make me a bead montage of liquid fighting snake and in between the battle big boss CQC's both of them into a headlock.

Can anybody assist me with the final boss of Resident Evil 5 tonight? I've got myself stuck with like no ammo and I cannot beat this guy. If anyone can join up with me tonight and help me take him out real quick I would be eternally grateful. :) GT: Ryuukishi634

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can anybody assist me with the final boss of Resident Evil 5 tonight? I've got myself stuck with like no ammo and I cannot beat this guy. If anyone can join up with me tonight and help me take him out real quick I would be eternally grateful. :) GT: Ryuukishi634[/QUOTE]

360 or PC?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Played more RE4 today. That game is nuts. I gotta say the shotgun is so damn satisfying. You've got a shield? well fuck you.[/QUOTE]
Love RE4. Best RE ever.
[quote name='panzerfaust']hank pls :cry:[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry. :cry:
Moms are tough.
[quote name='Indignate']Lot of violent tones up in here.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY
[quote name='Indignate']Avril Lavgine has already accidentally made the best song ever in Girlfriend. I don't understand why she keep trying. Move on, gurl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXd2WxoOP5g

This is for Hank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxA41CI41hA[/QUOTE]
1. Hey hey you you.

2. Need to listen to it with some actual sound and not laptop speakers. Gimme a sec. . .
[quote name='The Crotch']The following is not a bug. The following is the best fucking thing ever.

GsUSZm2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Added. :cool:
[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm a master of RE5. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I am. :cool:

Running into and over motorcyclists in Sleeping Dogs never gets old. Also, what the fuck? Emma Stone, Lucy Liu and Kelly Hu voice characters in the game? That is fucking awesome. It also appears that the guy who voices Wei Shen will be playing Silver Samurai in the The Wolverine, so that is neat. Oh and Lui Kang is in the game. How can this game get any better?

bread's done
Back